Start by marking “Finding Her Dad” as Want to Read:
Finding Her Dad

Finding Her Dad (Suddenly a Parent #22)

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Having her own family is not too much to ask! Although it's been tough, sixteen-year-old Sierra Lind has assembled some good candidates. First there's the most perfect foster mom ever--Lucy Malone. And now Sierra has found her bio dad, Jonathan Brenner. With the way Lucy and her dad are making eyes at each other... Well, Sierra will have her family unit any day now.But thi ...more
Published June 1st 2011 by Harlequin Special Releases (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Finding Her Dad, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Her Dad

Lori
3.5 stars.
I love Janice Kay Johnson's writing. Plus the HSR line always delivers strong, heartwrenching stories.

I thought this was a great premise, and I liked all the characters. I liked that Jon recognized he was being hypocritical and he disliked that he put the campaign lens on everything. However, I thought that, even given his background, he went too far when Lucy's mother was released from prison.

I really liked watching the romance unfold between Jon and Lucy - how they were each wary but
E.R. Baine
It was a really good HEA. Lucia, the heroine in the story, has a mother who is a lifelong narcotics user. She takes her in after an 8 year stint in prison for armed robbery. This damages her relationship with her BF who is running for Sheriff and is hung up over issues with criminality and drug abuse users. He also happens to be the father of her step daughter Sierra that she took in after Sierra's mother died in a car accident.

I really liked the story. It had a cool flow to it. I kept wonderin
Darlene Torday
Great story. Once I started reading I had to finish it as fast as I could. The characters are very human with problems that have shaped who they are. I found myself hoping they'd figure out how to work out those problems so they could have a future together, one they all wanted and deserved.
Carolyn
Deborah Darsie
An unusual premise for a Harlequin, I liked the way the relationships had begun, grown and changed as the 'adults' realized how embedded in their individual pasts.

Oddly I read this in the midst\culmination of the 2012 presidential election - so there was some interesting resonance, though this story was a purely local race.
Leisa
I thought this was a pretty good book. I especially liked that it was set in the Seattle area. The characters were interesting and the conflict was very believable.
Janeen K
Nice fast read always know I will enjoy Janice Kay Johnson books.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Suddenly a Parent
Cory Cornwell
Cory Cornwell marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Kassie Lee
Kassie Lee marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Alissa
Alissa added it
Aug 25, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Marsha
Marsha marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Kayla
Kayla marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Rocgim
Rocgim marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Janice Kay Johnson is the author of sixty books for children and adults. Her first four published romance novels were coauthored with her mother, also a writer who has since published mysteries and children's books on her own. These were "sweet" romance novels, the author hastens to add; she isn't sure they'd have felt comfortable coauthoring passionate love scenes!

Janice graduated from Whitman Co
More about Janice Kay Johnson...

Suddenly a Parent (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • Hometown Girl (Suddenly a Parent, #1) (Harlequin Superromance, #1258)
  • An Accidental Family
  • Family at Last
  • Home for Christmas
  • The Bad Son
  • The Baby Wait
  • The Diaper Diaries
  • Anything for Her Children: Suddenly a Parent
  • A Father for Danny (Suddenly a Parent) (Harlequin Superromance, #1515)
  • An Ideal Father