Start by marking “Man-Hater” as Want to Read:
Man-Hater

Man-Hater

Man wanted: weekend only

One humiliating experience had put Kelly off men altogether. But now she needed a man, fast, to fend off her friend's husband's attentionsno strings attached. The escort agency was the obvious place to go. And Jake Fielding was what she got!

Jake could see why Kelly had a problem with men, but he thought he could help fix it. All it needed was time

Published February 21st 2011 by Harlequin (first published December 15th 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Man-Hater, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Man-Hater

Tishke
Nov 12, 2016 Tishke rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tatiana Stefan
Mar 02, 2016 Tatiana Stefan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hemavathy DM Suppiah
Do not, do not read this book if you are a feminist.

This has to be the most sexist book I have ever read. Heroine is a rape survivor with numerous traumatic experiences in her past. Hero is a male chauvinist who accused heroine of being uptight event though he knows about her rape. Hero believes sex with him will magically cure heroine. Heroine's best friend's husband openly hits on heroine and calls her frigid and best friend is too stupid to realise it. Every man heroine runs into calls her a
Jenny
Jan 17, 2016 Jenny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story. Heroine was a vulnerable woman who has been hurt a lot and hero a loving man who made her believe in love again .
Anuradha
Good premise. Spicy hero - an escort , a hunk who women take along to events and parties. Sounds deliciously naughty.

She is a rich heiress and a hot shot business woman too. Too bad , she suffers a pathetic con job in her first marriage. Result - she hates men, thinks all men are after her money.

She needs to visit her long time friend and her lecherous husband. Idea - take an escort along. The hero happily plays the part, more than convincingly. The heroine is flustered by his charm but obviousl
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Okay...she just needed therapy. Of course, if she had done that we wouldn't have what had all the potential to be a really good book and just fell short for me. There was too much craziness, too much alpha male for a wounded woman.
Chantal ❤️
Sep 15, 2015 Chantal ❤️ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed it! It was more believable that she would still be a virgin after all the crap that she went through. I loved how he was with her. Respectful and loving. It was awesome. I can see them living happy forever. Great read.
Mudpie
Jun 03, 2017 Mudpie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have to remind myself that this book was written more than 30 years ago in 1983.

It offered me a glimpse of England back in the days...it was interesting to read Kelly bought a snood from Liberty for her hair...is that old fashioned or what haha. The amazing thing is Liberty is still in London today 2017 and I have been there twice before in 2014 and 2015!

What's shocking to me were the sensibilities and how men could get away with calling Kelly 'frigid'/'bitch' in front of other people *gasp* W
Charlie
Not one of my favourite PJ books but not one of the worst I've read either. Our h was conned by ex husband and attacked for her spondoolies so she has trust issues in addition to that her best friends husband is a complete tool who tries it on with her. Cue trying to hire an escort for the weekend to protect herself. Naturally our H is not an escort but pretends to be so he can get in the h's pants, I mean heart because for him its love at first sight. Cue misunderstanding and melodrama and inte ...more
Tia
Dec 05, 2011 Tia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alright but nothing really like the description. I liked the hero when he was bringing the heroine out of her funk but didn't really like the heroine, she was way too destructive to herself.
Ridley
Ha! This didn't age well.

Pea
Pea rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2013
Katrina
Katrina rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2012
Pam
Pam rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2015
Jadzia
Jadzia rated it it was ok
Apr 15, 2012
Gege86
Gege86 rated it it was ok
Jun 26, 2012
Amanda dalon
Amanda dalon rated it liked it
Oct 19, 2013
Kresjejung
Kresjejung rated it liked it
Apr 28, 2013
Helen
Helen rated it liked it
May 05, 2015
boogenhagen
boogenhagen rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2011
Summerita Rhayne
Summerita Rhayne rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2015
3meg
3meg rated it it was ok
Jul 08, 2011
Kireipan
Kireipan rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2011
Priyanka
Priyanka rated it it was ok
Apr 15, 2013
Hanci
Hanci rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2015
ALICE EVANS
ALICE EVANS rated it it was ok
Jun 06, 2016
Charlee
Charlee rated it liked it
Apr 01, 2013
Megs
Megs rated it liked it
Apr 20, 2013
Mary Cathie
Mary Cathie rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
19687
Penelope Jones Halsall
aka Caroline Courtney, Annie Groves, Lydia Hitchcock, Melinda Wright

Penelope "Penny" Jones was born on November 24, 1946 at about seven pounds in a nursing home in Preston, Lancashire, England. She was the first child of Anthony Winn Jones, an engineer, who died at 85, and his wife Margaret Louise Groves Jones. She has a brother, Anthony, and a sister, Prudence "Pru".

She had
More about Penny Jordan...