Start by marking “On Any Given Sundae (Sweet #1)” as Want to Read:
On Any Given Sundae (Sweet #1)

On Any Given Sundae (Sweet #1)

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  333 ratings  ·  59 reviews
**Be sure to check out Marilyn Brant's other ebook romantic comedies: Holiday Man, Double Dipping and Pride, Prejudice and the Perfect Match!**

Nothing tops the sweetness of an unexpected love...

When Elizabeth's uncle Siegfried and Rob's uncle Pauly rush off to Europe for a month, they temporarily relinquish the reins of their ice cream shop to their respective niece and ne
Published June 1st 2011 by Twelfth Night Publishing (first published May 31st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about On Any Given Sundae, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On Any Given Sundae

Romancing the Book
Reviewed By: Laci
Review Copy Provided By: Author

I absolutely positively ADORED this book. From beginning to end, it kept me grinning like an idiot, giggling, and biting my lip in anticipation at the characters. You gotta give credit to Marilyn Brant for coming up with a cast of characters that you might be able to find in your own hometown. If I didn’t know that the book takes place in Wisconsin, I could almost swear it takes place here, in my own little bitty piece of small town America. Be wa
Earicka
Elizabeth was in over her head the moment her Uncle opened his mouth... She knew it but she didn't realize how deep until his business partner went to call HIS nephew... How could she deal with seeing Rob again after all these years?! When he moved away from their small Wisconsin town she figured she was safe. Never seeing the boy who broke her heart (even if he hadn't a clue he did so) gave her the confidence to become her own person even if she really wasn't a social butterfly she had friends. ...more
Candy
I really like this book! Elizabeth was a shy, brainy-yack in high school & Rob was the popular jock. Almost ten years later they are thrown together when their uncles leave them for the summer to run ""Tutti Frutti" ice cream shop. I loved that Elizabeth would stutter when she was nervous. You could understand why she was quiet & shy. Her friends were characters and I loved how they pitched in to help run the shop! Great read!
Pamela Cayne
Last week I had back-to-back doctor appointments, one of them being a walk-in, so you know I was in for lots of waiting time. Before leaving home, I made sure my Kindle was charged and loaded--I had been looking forward to starting Marilyn's ON ANY GIVEN SUNDAE and this seemed like a good time. With both appointments, I almost gave my spot to somebody else because I was so caught up in Lizzy and Rob's story. In a crowded waiting room full of screaming children, sneezing adults and ringing phones ...more
Amanda
I just love Marilyn! Her writing is so sweet and fun! And this was no exception. How can two apparently different people come together romantically? Well, give this book a gander and found out. How does anyone move past insecurities to find happiness? Sometimes you just have to let go....

Also, give "According to Jane" a chance. Another one by Marilyn. Now this gem is on my go to list of books when I can't find anything new to read.
Chanpreet
I wasn't expecting to like this as much as I did. I thoroughly enjoyed about Roberto and Lizzy. It was great to see him fall for her slowly. She just kind of crept into his thoughts and heart. Lizzy's friends were great supporting characters. I loved how they supported and worried about her.
All the talk about food and especially all the delicious desserts, made me drool and crave some serious sweet stuff!
lielabell lielabell
What a delicious treat of a book! I absolutely adored every second. But, I'm not really surprised. Because On Any Given Sundae was written by Marilyn Brant, and captivating, engrossing, amazing books are her specialty.

Marilyn Brant
Aug 14, 2011 Marilyn Brant added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I hope you'll have as much fun reading this light romantic comedy (packed with delectable desserts) as I had writing it!!
Nookmom (Courtney)
A really cute story. It was a fun and light read.
Cynthia
A quick romantic story that leaves you smiling.
Amy
This is the first book I have ever read by Marilyn but it won't be the last. This story is about Elizabeth "Lizzy" Daniels and Roberto "Rob" Gabinarri. Rob is a former high school jock turned successful restaurant owner who lives in Chicago. He returns home to Wisconsin to help Elizabeth run their uncles' ice cream shop while they are in Europe. Elizabeth tries unsuccessfully to avoid Rob in the beginning. Their story is very sweet and I would recommend it. Also I think maybe I need to go get so ...more
Jeannie
This book is one of those you would wanna read curled up with a cuppa tea or relaxing by the beach. It gives you the warm fuzzies, the sweet smiles and the sighs especially when reading about lovely & yummy food and desserts.

Lizzy is just cute through and through and it's without a doubt that she is adorable even with the stuttering. Rob is a sweetheart but he doesn't feel it. The secondary characters in this book made the story even more enjoyable. I loved the camaraderie between Lizzy, Gre
Joan Reeves
OMG, the desserts mentioned in Brant's novel are mouth-watering--almost as mouth-watering as the book's hero Rob, once a high school football star and now a successful restaurateur. Of course, every high school hero has a girl who carried a torch for him, and Rob has Lizzy, once a frizzy-haired, awkward teen, but now, a lovely young woman who's made peace with her liabilities and capitalized on her assets. Until Rob comes back to town.

On Any Given Sundae is a delightful concoction containing the
Ruth Tjakra
Oh. My God. I just... UGH THIS WAS AMAZING!

I was a little bit hesitant to begin reading this book but once I started, I could NOT put it down.

Elizabeth's character was just absolutely adorable with her stuttering and sexy side that manages to come out here and there.

And Rob! Geez, someone find me someone like him -.- Yes, he's a little chatterbox and he can never seem to say the right thing at the right time but in the end, him and Elizabeth - though they were completely on different sides of
Karen Laird
As always, On Any Given Sundae was no disapointment. A lite comedic novel that is an easy read and wonderful to curl up with on a snowy day, or drop in the bag to take to the beach for a lazy day.
Mayilyn does a fabulous job of drawing you in and convincing you that you ARE a part of the story and a member of the cast in her creations of romantic fanzy (smile).
The quick wit of the dialogue keeps you smiling as you turn the pages, even though you KNOW good and well, he's going to eventually get i
Edie Ramer
This fun book has depth and great writing that made me laugh at times, and other times touched my heart. The small Wisconsin town's former golden boy and frizzy-haired brainiac were so well-drawn, with insecurities as well as strengths. I enjoyed reading about their friends and relatives, too. Great characters all around, and I could see this as a TV show. And then there was the food, especially the desserts that made me want to raid my fridge. (Where I had nothing as good as in the book.)

This
Amy
Very sweet story about the high school football star and the shy frizzy haired smart girl thrown together to run their uncle's business 10 years after graduation. Lizzy still has a crush on Rob and Rob still thinks Lizzie sees him as a dumb jock. Rob's big Italian family and Lizzie's eclectic bunch of friends make for some laugh out loud dialog. Rob's old school Italian mother's love of all things Madonna in her house(and not the religious figure) had me laughing out! At times the "romance" was ...more
Brandy
I really enjoyed this story. I was a little nervous when I first went to purchase since the last book I read from Ms. Brant was ACCORDING TO JANE which was in 1st person. And 1st isn't my preferred voice. I like to know what the hero is thinking too. I was thrilled though when I checked out the excerpt and found I got both perspectives.

I blasted through this book in a couple of hours. I enjoyed the characters and craved ice cream sundaes by the time I was done.
Misty
I have to read this a second time just for all the delicious food! I drooled from the first page to the last. Oh, and the characters and charming storyline were excellent as well. I liked that this was a reunion story but the past was revealed in small, meaningful snippets.

And I'm seriously going to read it again, just so I can imagine eating all the Italian dinners and mouth-watering desserts.
Marijayne Stegman
Really enjoyed this story and the characters. Both characters suffer from some self doubt that seems to be brought upon them by being in hometown and/or with each other. Reflection of high school selves on current day which in hero's character seemed a little unrealistic. But nice finish to the story, totally rooting for all the characters.
Jackie
I gained 20 pounds reading this delectable story! Elizabeth, Rob and the rest were a veritable feast to my reading senses and the ending had me melting like ice cream in the summer sun. What a truly sweet and endearing romance, and those uncles of Elizabeth and Rob's are quite a clever pair and true matchmakers as well! Z
Maria
I read this book in under a day. Marilyn Brant has written a fun, contemporary romance that is so charming and fun you'll have trouble putting it down. Both leads- Lizzie and Rob are sympathetic characters. I loved the crazy uncles, the ice-cream parlor settings, the romance, whole thing!

Suze
Great, fun and exciting read !! It draw you in to all character who are unique in some way.

Rob and Elizabeth are thrown together by their families after ten yrs. both don't want to be in the same room together because of an old crush and the other because feelings not measuring up.
Cheryl Sanders
This has to be the best first page to a book I've ever read and a fun afternoon read.

Elizabeth, Rob, and a great group of friends agree to help run their Uncles' sweet shop while they are away. Fabulous story about finding love in unlikely places and meddling family members.
Judy Croome
Excellent characters, yummy desserts and light hearted comedy all combine to make ANY GIVEN SUNDAE a fun light read, perfect for relaxing on the beach on my recent holiday to Umdloti. I knew anything with ice-cream on the cover would be good! :)
Connie McElfresh
This is such a cute story. A story about the popular high school football star and the girl next door. Said high school star leaves town but has to come back to help his uncle out.
Barbara
I really loved this book! Such a fast, enjoyable read! Loved the chemistry between Ryan and Elizabeth and all of the side characters who are in this book!
Bookworm
This book tells the story of Elizabeth and Roberto. They studied together in high scholl and, while Roberto was a popular jock, Elizabeth was a shy, chubby nerd and had a crush in Roberto. She always stuttered when she talked to him. Because of their uncles, they have to work together for a couple of months in order to keep open their uncles' ice cream parlor. To make things short, this time brings them together.
I didn't like the book, although this is the plot of most chick-lits (fate unites tw
Melissa Blue
I really enjoyed the romance in this book. The community was WONDERful. Brant didn't disappoint with this novel. Loved it.
  • Echoes of Pemberley
  • Pirates and Prejudice
  • The Journey
  • The Houseguest: A Pride and Prejudice Vagary
  • Pride's Prejudice
  • Stripping the Billionaire (Heirs of Damon, #4)
  • Arranged Love
  • The Cop Who Stole Christmas (Tall, Hot & Texan, #2)
  • Hot Wheels and High Heels
  • Mr. Darcy's Refuge: A Pride & Prejudice Variation
  • Coco Caramel (Chocolate Box Girls, #4)
  • Decked with Holly
  • Can't Buy Me Love (Eligible Billionaires, #1)
  • With the Band (Luminescent Juliet, #3)
  • Darcy Goes to War: A Pride and Prejudice Re-Imagining
  • Definitely, Maybe in Love (Definitely Maybe, #1)
  • A Most Civil Proposal
  • Knock Me Off My Feet
Marilyn Brant is a New York Times & USA Today bestselling author of contemporary fiction, and she was recently named the Author of the Year (2013) by the Illinois Association of Teachers of English.

She wrote ACCORDING TO JANE, the story of a modern woman who receives dating advice from the spirit of Jane Austen (October 2009); FRIDAY MORNINGS AT NINE, a tale about three suburban moms, their m
More about Marilyn Brant...

Sweet (3 books)
  • Double Dipping (Sweet #2)
  • Holiday Man (Sweet #3)
According to Jane A Summer In Europe The Road to You Friday Mornings at Nine Pride, Prejudice and the Perfect Match (Perfect #1)