Start by marking “Guy Fieri Food: Cookin' It, Livin' It, Lovin' It” as Want to Read:
Guy Fieri Food: Cookin' It, Livin' It, Lovin' It

Guy Fieri Food: Cookin' It, Livin' It, Lovin' It

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  324 ratings  ·  28 reviews
If you've checked out my Diners, Drive-ins and Dives books or visited my restaurants, Johnny Garlic's and Tex Wasabi's, you know I'm down with all types of good food—and that I'll do what's required to track it down. In Guy Fieri Food, I'm cookin' it my way, from the perfect recipe for Pepper Jack Pretzels (from Mr. Awesome Pretzel himself—that's me) to how to pull togethe ...more
Published May 3rd 2011 by William Morrow

To ask other readers questions about Guy Fieri Food, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guy Fieri Food

Mastering the Art of French Cooking by Julia ChildEveryday Italian by Giada De LaurentiisGordon Ramsay's Ultimate Cookery Course by Gordon RamsayGiada's Kitchen by Giada De Laurentiis30-Minute Meals 2 by Rachael Ray
Cookbooks as seen on Television
28th out of 63 books — 29 voters
The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric CarleJames and the Giant Peach by Roald DahlHarry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. RowlingThe Metamorphosis by Franz KafkaJ.R.R. Tolkien 4-Book Boxed Set by J.R.R. Tolkien
Best Books About Creepy Crawlies
240th out of 243 books — 339 voters

More lists with this book...

i aint livin it or lovin' it
I love Guy Fieri. He seems like a really good son, brother, friend. A good guy. I enjoyed the chatty parts, and the recipes. Cute pictures, family anecdotes, finding that the "cartoonish" Guy comes from humble roots and remains a humble man, strong community leader, who's top priority is as husband and dad. Immediately on my menu to try..Louisiana BBQ Shrimp. There's some very different and good looking pizza recipes here as well. I make my own marinara and Italian dishes with my eyes closed, so ...more
I am proud owner of the first edition of Guy Fieri’s new cookbook, Guy Fieri Food Cookin’ It Livin’ It Lovin’ It. This beautiful tome is a must have for Fieri fans. I am captivated by the vibrant beauty and layout that compliments Guy’s rock star, chef personality. I would say Guy Fieri Food is 100% representative of how “off the hook” Guy is. The tattoo-filled illustrations, photography, and layout are gorgeous, and a whopping 408 pages. There are over 150 recipes, and each looks “dynamite.” It ...more
I love this "Guy". When I saw him on the Next Food Network Star, I thought he had no more chance than I did. But, I was wrong. He is great. This cookbook, besides having great recipes, has a good intro all about his life as a restaurateur. Very interestingly told in the pov of his parents, restaurant partner and other people.
Michelle Johnson
In all fairness, the people that rated this book negatively either didn't read it, or didn't try any recipes in it. In fact, a couple of them even admit it. I loved this book, but I enjoy cookbooks that offer more than just recipes. It was nice reading about his history and how he got to where he is today, and it's nice reading the history of some of the recipes. I've never made one of his recipes that didn't turn out out to be over the top delicious! I've been making the Grilled Romaine With Bl ...more
The food in this book would make this a 5-star cookbook for me - on a day I was boozing, and the day after, hungover. (Providing the food was prepared in advance!) This stuff is straight-up party food; not classy, not fancy. It's all very... Fieri. (Don't get me wrong, the food in here looks tasty, and it would probably change my life and bring me over to the Guy team if I ate it... while drunk.)

Okay, so I don't really care for Guy Fieri - he comes of as such a creepy douche (sorry) on TV. If yo
Awesome cookbook! I didn't know where to begin when I saw all the good recipes in this colorful book. It's great that it starts with talking all about how Guy Fieri grew up and how he got into cooking and starting restaurants. Great stories...rambunctious and outgoing, like Guy himself. He has a wonderful way of talking about food and putting it together, until you can't wait to get cooking and taste the food for yourself. I highly recommend you read this one, and you're especially lucky if you ...more
I hate Guy Fieri. I'm kinda not allowed to watch his shows, cause I get all mad and yell at the TV. Oh, I think Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives is long as it's on mute.

This cookbook would be good for the dude-bro, Sammy-Hagarish, tool kind of home cook. Guy certainly doesn't cook the type of food that I cook, but he wrote decent-ish recipes. I'd skip over all the dumb stuff about his life. It's pretty boring.
Date nights at the Walton House usually involve snuggling on the couch, eating popcorn, and watching Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives. Each of my kids know this man by face. They know his name. They have been known to say phrases like "off the hook", "flavortown", and "winner, winner turkey dinner" without being prompted. In short, we love this "Guy"! I loved this cookbook, too! I am so glad that it included stories about his past, his culinary upbringing, and introduced me to the team behind his sh ...more
I love Guy's show on TV and loved this book too. Some great notable recipes: unique pizza topping (especially the one with sour cream; Chicago beef pizza), Mcalister potatoes, peproni burgers. Pasta section is very good especially the sauces. Being originally from India, I love spicy food and for that reason love Guy's recipes. A keeper for sure!
Definitely unique recipes and dishes I never thought of. Most have an accompanying picture to show the finished dish which I really like. This book just contains a lot of dishes I would never make but there are a few I will definitely try.
Heidi Pepin
I really enjoy Guy himself but I doubt I'd make many of these recipes. Not entirely my style. But I enjoyed the information on Guy and a lot of the recipes look good, but no duck, no deep fryer, so no dice. Still a good read and some good ideas.
Chi Dubinski
“Guy Fieri Food” is a big, bold , colorful volume, musch like the author himself. Fieri writes about his lifelong love of food and tells stories about his family and friends. He started with a pretzel cart when he was a child, opened a restaurant “Johnny Garlic” and became a fixture on television food shows. Many of the recipes feature frilled meats, bacon, and hot peppers. There’s bacon-wrapped shrimp with chipotle BBQ sauce, banana pepper sauerkraut, and penne with Cajun hot links and chipotle ...more
Bookworm LLC
This book is so much more than a cookbook. It reads like a biography with a fantastic recipes thrown in. I checked this out of the library, but I will for sure buy it for my cookbook collection.
Part autobiography - part recipes.
Food looks great, can hardly wait to try some of them.
Loved the pic of "do not feed"
Peter Shovlin
Fantastic cook book, has taught me lots about US style cooking. The pulled pork recipes and tortilla stacks are fantastic. Easy to read and follow, broken up meat by meat. Recommended.
Interesting background on Guy Fieri- actually his story was my favorite part of the book! The recipes were much too fussy to fix for my family (pretty sure that the veggie burgers would have been a hit for me- but not for the kids!), but if I had an infinite amount of time, money, and energy, I would have loved to try a few. The simplest recipe I found was one for Onion Rings. It would have been easy enough to make, and probably tasty, but it doesn't fit within my diet currently, so this book we ...more
I was drooling reading this one!! Several recipes I am going to have to try!
This is more that a cookbook, it is a casual biography of Guy Fieri's life. I got so much out of reading the stories about Guy, his sister, his family. They made a lot of the recipes come together. I know know more about where he is coming from and it add a little something to the dish.

The "Bring It On Brisket" is a variation on a dish my grandfather used to cook at his diner right by CBS studios in Los Angeles, not only did Guy jazz it up, he brought back great memories.
I love his Diners, Drive-ins and Dives show because he is so energetic and committed to finding interesting places that you wouldn't necessarily find on your own. That's how we ended up at Brandi's Restaurant in Flagstaff, Arizona that makes yummy garlic fries, pastries and an amazing Mexican hot chocolate with espresso. Guy makes some awesome comfort food in this cookbook and I like how he takes simple recipes and "kicks things up a notch (to quote Emeril Lagasse)."
This book is phenomenal. I found it at the library and it is now a must have to my growing cookbook shelf. The recipes are delicious. The biographical parts are well written. Great pictures of the food and fantastic tattoo-style artwork through out. It's a pleasure to just page through.
Cheryl Soucy
My husband and I love this cookbook! We both can agree on everything in here, and we are picky eaters! We are even wanting to go recipe by recipe and try each one! A must have for your kitchen!
I'm a fan of his but not so much his food. I guess I'm just too picky when it comes to what I eat. But he's fun to watch and this book gave an indepth look at who he is.
I love Guy Fieri. Rock on No Cali! Great recipes and love Guy's tidbits woven throughout the books that gives it authentic flavor. A true slice of Americana.
Amy Sjoquist
Would love to buy and try pretty much all these recipes. He's such a cool guy. I wanna have him over for dinner, and he can do all the cooking.
Carolyn McBride
This is an awesomely inspiring book. One I might just have to buy!
Yum!! And entertaining.
Heather marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2015
  • Thai Street Food
  • Martha's American Food: A Celebration of Our Nation's Most Treasured Dishes, from Coast to Coast
  • Bobby Flay's Throwdown!: More Than 100 Recipes from Food Network's Ultimate Cooking Challenge
  • 'wichcraft: Craft a Sandwich into a Meal--And a Meal into a Sandwich
  • Jacques Pépin More Fast Food My Way
  • 5 Ingredient Fix: Easy, Elegant, and Irresistible Recipes
  • Down Home with the Neelys: A Southern Family Cookbook
  • Simple Chinese Cooking
Guy Fieri is an American restaurateur, author, television personality, and game show host. He co-owns five restaurants in California and is widely known for his television series on the Food Network.

By mid-2010, the Food Network had made Fieri the "face of the network." In 2010, the New York Times reported that Fieri brought an "element of rowdy, mass-market culture to American food television," a
More about Guy Fieri...