Wrong Man Running

Wrong Man Running

3.25 of 5 stars 3.25  ·  rating details  ·  155 ratings  ·  23 reviews
A compelling new mystery from an acclaimed writer and director - Brilliant prosecutor Rick Corinth is the heir apparent to the District Attorney’s job in Manhattan. But when he is asked to handle a case involving a series of sadistic rapes, his life is changed forever. Rick soon discovers that all the victims are known to him. At first he shrugs this off as coincidence, bu...more
Published July 1st 2011 by Severn House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Wrong Man Running, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wrong Man Running

Samantha Lee
I'm a sucker for a good crime novel. I love the plot; the twists and turns, the red herrings, the final unexpected twist in the tale. I love trying to unravel the mystery myself, the suspense the author builds throughout, feeling exhausted as I finally get to that last page and find out whodunnit! But most of all I love the characters, often complex, usually flawed in some way.

Unfortunately, Wrong Man Running satisfied very few of these cravings.

It tells the story of Rick, a rising star in the...more
Mike  Owens
Eric Corinth (Rick), chief assistant to NY District Attorney, Frank Seaton, is a young man on his way up the legal ladder. He left his law firm after only a couple of years to join the DA's staff, and is quickly making a name for himself. Of course, not everything is perfect. He is separated (still in love) from his wife, Ali, but remains on excellent terms with his two young children.
Eric begins an investigation of a series of gruesome attacks against women. The victims are violated, humiliated...more
Alyson Bryant

I found the premise of this book very interesting but got confused by the number of characters and their relationships with each other. I thought the conclusion was a bit rushed and there wasn't the follow-up activity I would've expected.
Ken Hebenstreit
Decent psychological suspense, but just too many improbabilities to be satisfying.
Mal Warwick
"Wrong Man Running?" I'm Tempted to Say, "Wrong Man Writing"

Sometimes I wonder when I finish a book why I picked it up in the first place. This was one of those times.

As thrillers go, Wrong Man Running works. It’s suspenseful (which probably explains why I felt compelled to finish reading it), and the protagonist elicited sympathy.

Rick Corinth is a hotshot lawyer nearing 40 who currently serves as deputy DA in New York City, heir apparent to his long-incumbent boss. Mystifyingly, when a series o...more
Ashland Mystery Oregon
Alan Hruska's Wrong Man Running had me reading through the night.

Rick Cornith is a successfull Manhattan attorney, just hired on at the District Attorney's office when he finds himself accused of serial rape and even murder. He's essentially a good man, well liked by colleagues of even brief acquaintance, and a stand up ex-husband to his kids and former wife. No one really can believe that Rick's capable of these actions, but he has this problem - he blacks out under stress.

There's lots of twis...more
Patricia
Goodness, where to start! Rick is an attorney who is accused of multiple rapes. I refuse to give details but suffice it to say he knows from the start he did not commit the crimes. There begins the twists and turns that this book reveals! The longer I read the more I thought I knew who did it, only to find out multiple times that I was wrong. Give this book a try and I don't think you will be disappointed. Just be ready for quite the adventure.
Annie Harrison
I got straight into this book which ripped along at a great pace. I liked the clipped New York dialogue and the deepening plot. However, I became weary of the fact that everyone was beautiful, smart and had an amazing body. Then there was a plethora of normal people being revealed as warped sexual deviants. No-one ever seemed to suffer traumatic after effects of violent assault, and there were far too many co-incidences. Whilst most of the book was played out over a short time period, ten months...more
Dr Herbie
A very poor effort. Totally unbelievable. The E-book even had one chapter (50) appear twice - once about 5 chapters earlier. I joined goodreads purely to steer people clear of this book. It seems that quite a few like it. If you like cerebral, well-written crime fiction, don't waste your time.
Hil Haddock
Rick a lawyer is due to become the next DA but then a spree of brutal attacks on women occur and Rick knows all the victims. It is not long before the inevitable happens and he is a suspect.
An enjoyable read with a few twists some predictable but others unexpected.
Lida Boynick
Fast paced with lots of unexpected twist and turns. Good writing with a compelling plot.
Jason
A fast moving, cinematic novel about a prosecutor who becomes a suspect in a string of horrific rapes. Alan Hruska's writing and plot is better-than-average for this genre, with the novel beginning as a gritty, realistic procedural and then turning into more of a thriller as the prosecutor flees the police.

Hruska's psychological and other insights are probably worse than average, most egregiously when it comes to rape and sexuality where it borders on offensive.

But all in all, worth a quick read...more
Kelly_p
This legal thriller starts from an interesting premise - a successful Manhattan prosecutor finds his life turned upside-down when he is fingered for a series of brutal rapes. However, the tale deteriorates thanks to a number of groan-inducing cliches.

Feels like this book was written with a movie in mind, and this feels like as a reader you don't get to know or care about the protagnist too much. Quite disappointing.
Rick
Not terrible, but not great by any means. The characters are pretty thinly drawn, the action and plot sometimes confusing and a little far fetched, and the dialogue at times unconvincing. It keeps you turning the pages but there were just too many jarring notes which required more suspension of disbelief than I could muster.
Al Canary
Another Kindle read that was just OK... I found the storyline rather interesting up to about 1/3 when it became improbable by turns. Our Man has several relationships with female charactors that are increasing beautiful. (Cmon!) Very interesting storyline twist, leading to an improbable conclusion.
Naomi
I must say that I was really disappointed with this book. I didn't like the writing of the story and thought there were areas where it dragged and was redundant. It also had a bit too much dramatic flare for my liking.
Carol
This was an OK thriller, but not the easiest read. Parts of the storyline were intriguing, but I found it had a few too many twists which made it confusing, and sometimes unconvincing.
Judith Chandler
This was an excellent book, I couldn't put it down, full of twists and turns.
Caroline
good mystery. quick read. I enjoyed it as a break between more serious books.
Patti
Read this because of the promo by Lee Child. Not the best book!
Km Daughters
Absolutely addictive. Could not put this book down. A must read.
Susan Patterson
Really liked this book, interesting twist ending.
Lori Kaplan
Good mystery beach read
Betty Woodrum
Betty Woodrum marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Mark Passe
Mark Passe marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Diane Kelch
Diane Kelch marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Olivia
Olivia marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014