Eyes of Amber and Other Tales

Eyes of Amber and Other Tales

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  81 ratings  ·  2 reviews
A collection of 6 stories: "Eyes of Amber", "To Bell the Cat", "View from a Height", "Media Man", "The Crystal Ship", and "Tin Soldier".
Published September 1st 1979 by New American Library (first published January 1st 1979)

Swankivy
A short story collection by the fab Ms. Vinge, I'd never read it so I picked it up. It's old stuff. Some of the stories were so beautiful they made me cry. Every time she creates a character, the person is so realistic and multi-layered that it just doesn't even matter to me if what they're doing is interesting; I just care about her people so much that they could sit around drinking tea and it'd be interesting. I loved the story about the woman who spends her life heading farther and farther aw...more
Jessie Blackwood
A collection of early short tales from this authoress, including Tin Soldier, which remains one of my most favorite sci-fi stories. It was also the fist Vinge had published in 1974. A wonderfully eclectic collection of tales.
Mossy
Mossy added it
Jul 09, 2014
Andrew Eichholz
Andrew Eichholz is currently reading it
Jul 08, 2014
Tracey Clark
Tracey Clark marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Margot
Margot marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Joel D. Bushart
Joel D. Bushart marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
William Kercheval
William Kercheval marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
Mykhe Hesson
Mykhe Hesson marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
Benjamin Wadsworth
Benjamin Wadsworth marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Dave
Dave added it
Feb 15, 2014
Sandi
Sandi marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2014
Sonja-maria
Sonja-maria marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2013
Robert Knightley
Robert Knightley marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2013
Janet
Janet added it
Oct 24, 2013
Miaisageek
Miaisageek marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2013
Noel
Noel marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Eyes of Amber ending? 1 3 Jun 26, 2013 02:04PM
Joan D. Vinge (born Joan Carol Dennison) is an American science fiction author. She is known for such works as her Hugo Award-winning novel The Snow Queen and its sequels, her series about the telepath named Cat, and her Heaven's Chronicles books.
More about Joan D. Vinge...
The Snow Queen (The Snow Queen Cycle, #1) The Summer Queen (The Snow Queen Cycle, #3) Catspaw (Cat, #2) Psion (Cat, #1) Dreamfall (Cat, #3)