Defiance (Strange Angels, #4)

Defiance (Strange Angels #4)

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  12,955 ratings  ·  574 reviews
Hey sucker. It's showtime.

The Real World is a frighting place. Just ask sixteen-year-old orphan Dru Anderson, a tough girl who has taken on her fair share of bad guys. She's armed, dangerous, and not going down with a fight. So it's gonna take her a while to figure out who she can trust . . .

Published April 2011 by Razor Bill (Penguin Group Australia) (first published March 23rd 2011)

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Samantha
Aug 14, 2011 Samantha marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I can't wait for this book to come out. I have every finger crossed that she picks Cristophe.
Lisa
It was a good book, love Christophe all the way, Graves put on a good show but he gives off the feeling of a big brother (goodness i should know) and more a friend then a lover in all the books i read so far. Christophe is so more her type and his intentions are clear to all except her. I think Dru needs to open up those pretty little eyes of hers and realize what is in front of her, Christophe actually dose way more then she gives him credit for.
I so want her with Christoph 100% they make a ni...more
Dayra NAT ◕ω◕
I cannot wait to get my hands on this book! I really hope Dru can save Graves!
I really like Graves and I think she SHOULDN'T choose Christophe, because I hate him...

***

OKay, well I really don't have anything to say about this book... It was pretty much a waste of time, in fact, I'm returning it the next chace I get.
I finished it in one sitting, mostly because I wanted to get it over with. She got back Graves, ("yaaay"), but she still likes Christophe. And Leon is evil, ("OMG really), and for ab...more
Kyra
Christophe is the sweetest!!I think im in love!<3 If she doesn't pick Christophe i will be so mad
!! >:| I love Dru though she is my favorite character well besides Christophe anyways!!<3 ha<3 I love the series and cant wait to see what happens!!<3
Penny
Freaking retarded ending. Dru is a moron. Not sure if I care to finish the series anymore. I might, if I find out it all ends badly. For Dru. Like, Sergei would have to drink every drop of Dru's precious svetocha blood then toss her corpse into the Hudson.

I'd totally read that.

Because that would be infinitely more interesting than where this story is obviously headed.

P.S. (view spoiler)...more
Katelyn *Constantly-Dreaming*
Keziah
OMG YES!!!! The cover is out and it's HAUT!! There's the badass dru we all know and love. I hope she has a revelation and kicks some serios butt in this book!!!!
I just finished . it was beautifull. Now i'm both sad and happy that i finished it.
Bodea
1 more day! Team Graves FTW,lol!
----
I am willing to admit, at this point, that Graves, Dru, and the Wulfen are the main reasons why I enjoy this series. There was a lot of Christophe this go round and not enough Graves. However, I still enjoyed the book because Dru made some important discoveries, came into her own in terms of making decisions, and it's clear that she can't go a day without her sunshine, lol. Ok, that might be lost on some of you. Sunshine=Graves. Loved the last few chapters ton...more
Wafiyah
CRISTOPHE :)

I read the book last week and couldn't put it down. Even if this review is really suckish, I just want to inform all readers who are hoping to read it--the book is truly amazing. I found Dru's character here more easy to interpret than the rest of the books, and I was amazed. I hope Reckoning is as good or even better, because usually, the last books of a series is the most badly-written one, for example, Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer and Afterlife by Claudia Gray.

I'm actually ver...more
Linzy
I read this book in one day because I love this series. After this book, my feelings are: 1) the book is too short, I need more 2)I despise Christophe and his pedafile self 3) I love the action where Dru has become a full fledged svetocha 4) I can't wait for the next book.
Paradoxical
Something about this book grated on my nerves. Part of it, perhaps, is the fact that I was in a somewhat foul mood when I started reading Defiance, the other part... well. Something about Dru made me want to smack her head and tell her to get over herself. I don't expect her to be a doormat (I definitely don't want that to happen, in fact), but the way she just runs full tilt at things without even pausing a brief moment to consider that, hey, maybe she should think about it a little more--argh....more
ALPHAreader
‘Defiance’ picks up where ‘Jealousy’ left off on a nail-biting cliff-hanger. Now that sixteen-year-old Dru's worst fears have come true and Sergej has kidnapped her best friend Graves, she'll have to go on a suicidal rescue mission to bring him back in one piece. That is, if she can put all of Christophe's training to good use, defeat her mother's traitor, Anna, once and for all, and manage to survive another day...

This is the fourth book in Lili St. Crow’s ‘Strange Angels’ series.

So many questi...more
Kay Kay
I cannot wait for the next book!!!

However Lilith St. Crow moves the plot quite quickly so if you are a fast reader you sometimes have to go back and read something again just incase you missed it.

I would really wish that Lilith qould repeat some key points.

Such as why Sveoctcha are hunted/
And in this book particularly what an "aspect" is.

I am kept in suspense as to what will happen with graves and Christophe.

Go team Graves. I don't mind the whole werewolf, vampire thing. Lilith has written this...more
Roxanne
Finished it and it was absolutley breath taking. At some points i was like wow. It completely blew my mind and it really had me thinking. Usually i would just get a book just like that after they explain it to me but this one was really mind racking. It also made me cry a lot sigh when christophe said those sweet things to her. I cant wait for the next book and i would recommend this book to anyone who loves any of Lilith's Saintcrows books.
Desiree
Feb 26, 2011 Desiree marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I CANT WAIT FOR THiS TO COmE OuT!!! I AM ToTaLY TEaM CHRiSToPHe!!!
Brittany
'The heart-stopping fourth novel in New York Times bestselling author Lili St. Crow's Strange Angels series'

I really liked the Defiance - the fourth book in the Strange Angels series. This series is really addicting~~!

Hey Sucker. It's showtime.

Dru Anderson has always been a good listener. She listened to her dad, but had to gun him down when he turned zombie. She listened to the Order, but got nothing but lied to in return. She listened to Christophe, but still lost the only friend she had lef...more
Rosanne
Lots of things I like about this series-Dru in particular is a great character who (literally) kicks ass. Love how she has been set up to have so much power that she has no idea what to do with-interesting situation. I liked seeing her take charge in the end, even if she might have been manipulated into doing so. The books are getting better as the series progresses, which is great to see.

There are lot of things that bug me about this series though. After four books, Christophe-who I am assuming...more
Sally
Book four in the Strange Angels series
I have loved this series right from the start and this book is a welcome continuation of Dru's story- exciting, nail-biting and action packed. Dru is part vampire and living at the schola for dhamphir and werwulfen boys, training with Christophe and attending class. Dru is svetocha- a rare female part vampire part human, and as such she is treated like a princess at the schola, and accorded a lot of respect and influence. She uses this to command everyone to...more
Isamlq
3.5

Roughly fifty (hmmm, maybe more) percent of Defiance has Dru acting the way she did in Jealousy *read mopy and depressed.* I have said that I felt a bit let down by how she changed from hard-ass in book 1 to mopy girl in books 2 and 3. Needless to say, I was looking forward to a comeback of Dru as she was when I first met her.

Christophe just couldn't win with her! No matter what he said or did, he always ended up the baddy in her eyes. So much so, that I even contemplated switching to his te...more
Angela
I dont know about anyone else, but I kind of want to slap Dru. I really like this series but her character seems a little whiny in this book...im not done with it yet...maybe ill change my mind. But something just isnt clicking with me and this book. Im just reading it as a way to move on to the next book and hope I like it better. Plus, i want to see what happens to Graves.

Ill give it 2.5 stars...i just couldn't engage myself in the book. However, I do have several questions about the next boo...more
Wendy Darling
Enjoyable, but too short and too much of a filler book. Let the girl bloom already! And more Christophe, please.
Tarnz
Sep 07, 2010 Tarnz marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh cant wait !!!!
Marsha
Dec 20, 2011 Marsha rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: Young Adults & Adults
Book 3 of the Strange Angels Series, "Jealousy," left me feeling totally disheartened because it transformed an incredibly resilient main character, Dru Anderson into a sniveling, whining idiot. However, "Defiance" brought back the Dru I love with a vengeance!

Defiance begins shortly after, Graves has been kidnapped. Christophe has been insistent that Dru continue with her training while people look for Graves. Dru is beginning to feel comfortable with the people surrounding her; but she misses G...more
Kate (Nomalicious Reads)
YAY it finally got here!! Sadly I wont be able to start reading it till Friday :( but at least that shall be a nice birthday present to myself.. On Friday one strawberry bubble bath and Defiance shall be waiting for me on my birthday when I get home from uni! Now that's good motivation to get all my work done!

Its really small compared to the others! I was really shocked and a bit disappointed with its size! lets just hope that it wont disappoint and that Graves will be okay!

~

Yesterday was my bir...more
Merve  Özcan
Tuhaf Melekler serisini neden sevdigimi ve nefret ettiğimi tekrar hatırlamış bulunuyorum. Öncelikle kitap akıcıydı, aşk üçgeni olması her zaman kitabı daha ilginç yapıyor bu bir gerçek.Ara ara çok fazla aksiyon olduğu için sıkıcı olsada kitap gayet akıcı ve tabiki aksiyon dolu. Dru'nun hayatına haya suikastler yapılıyor, yani bu kıza rahat yok.
3 Kitapta Dru'nun aşık olduğu kurtadam Graves kaçırılıyor ve kitabın temasına bu hakim.Yani 4. kitap aslında 3. kitabın devamı denilebilir. Aslında pek b...more
Liz
Dru has been training with Christophe, desperately trying to become strong enough to find her best friend Graves and bring him back. But no-one has any idea where Graves is, or if he’s even still alive. Dru won’t give up, though – nothing is going to stop her from finding Graves: not her stupid curfews, not the Council, and certainly not Christophe. But lately, Dru has been thinking of Christophe in ways that she shouldn’t be, especially since she’s still not a hundred percent sure whether she c...more
Jena
These books just keep getting better and more kick-ass as they go along!

Defiance starts off right where Jealousy left off, Dru is now the head of the council and working her butt off training so that she can rescue her best friend ever, Graves. Dru seems to be getting used to things at the Schola Prima and there even seems to be no attacks. While trying her best to train, learn about being a svetocha, taking care of her new pal Ash, and fighting with her feelings for Christophe, Dru still can't...more
Katie
This book is better than the last; clicks right along - the action is back. I must've missed what it takes to be bonded. How many times has Dru swapped blood with Chris? I like the Ash storyline, and Dru gets away from the Schola and the Council life. She never belonged there. Other reviews made me less than anxious to read this one, but it wasn't as bad as all that. I rather enjoyed it. Dru 'the badass' is making a comeback. Things I liked: (view spoiler)...more
Strange Angels Se...: Are You Ready for the Reckoning? *may contain spoilers of the series--especially Defiance* 23 64 Oct 27, 2011 03:41PM
marked it as to-read 7 38 Oct 01, 2011 07:54PM
Strange Angels: The book 7 4 Sep 14, 2011 04:25AM
vampire fans!!: Defiance 1 2 Aug 26, 2011 05:53PM
  • If I Die (Soul Screamers, #5)
  • Night School (Blood Coven Vampire, #5)
  • Trial by Fire (Raised by Wolves, #2)
  • Bleeding Hearts (Drake Chronicles, #4)
  • Forgiven (The Demon Trappers, #3)
  • Sirensong (Faeriewalker, #3)
  • Hexbound (Dark Elite, #2)
  • Bite Club (The Morganville Vampires, #10)
  • Blood Fever (The Watchers, #3)
  • Heaven's Spite (Jill Kismet, #5)
  • Almost Final Curtain (Vampire Princess of St. Paul, #2)
  • Full Moon (Dark Guardian, #2)
  • Wolfsbane (Nightshade, #2)
  • Time Mends (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #2)
  • Secrets and Shadows (13 to Life, #2)
Lili St. Crow was born in New Mexico, bounced around the world as an Air Force brat, and fell in love with writing when she was ten years old. She lives in Vancouver, Washington, in a house full of stray cats and children.

Lili St. Crow also writes as Lilith Saintcrow.
More about Lili St. Crow...
Strange Angels (Strange Angels, #1) Betrayals (Strange Angels, #2) Jealousy (Strange Angels, #3) Reckoning (Strange Angels, #5) Nameless (Tales of Beauty & Madness, #1)

“Anna never wanted to walk when she could be carried, your mother wanted to walk when she could fly, and you want to run before you can walk.” 72 likes
“Don’t send me home, it’s boring as fuck-all there.” 54 likes