Start by marking “Text Order Bride” as Want to Read:
Text Order Bride

Text Order Bride

2.95  ·  Rating Details  ·  704 Ratings  ·  74 Reviews
Amanda, a home making teacher from Texas, believes that love has passed her by. She agrees to start communicating with someone her friend knows in Wisconsin, because she wants children, not because she believes that there is love out there waiting for her.

When, after two months of communicating, Jason proposes, she agrees, thinking it is her last chance for a husband and
Nook, 0 pages
Published April 27th 2011 by Kirsten Osbourne, via Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Text Order Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Text Order Bride

Sandra
One of the most ridiculous books I've had the displeasure to read. The only good thing about it was the cost - it was free. Even so, don't bother downloading this pathetic excuse for a book and letting it take up space on your eReader/Kindle/PC.

The concept of this story is that two people in their 30s meet online, text and chat over a few months, without ever laying eyes on each other. They exchange a picture but that's it. And none of those conversations are actually part of this book. I would
Delta
If you are a sucker for the mail-order-bride genre (I know, it is a habit I haven't been able to kick), you may enjoy Text Order Bride by Kirsten Osbourne. It is a very short (43 page) mail-order-bride-type story with simple, sweet characters; a light, predictable plot; and the HEA readers of this genre expect. If you are in the mood for a light-and-fluffy read, this may fill the bill for you.

Having read Kirsten Osbourne's historic romances, I must say that I think she does a better job with con
blueskies982
Jan 06, 2012 blueskies982 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, read-2012
Jenna
Sep 15, 2011 Jenna rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Faithann
Feb 05, 2012 Faithann rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012, kindle-books
This book started out with the potential to be a good read, but I found myself feeling extremely cheated. My biggest problem was Jason's disreguard of Amanda's feelings when she expressed that she wans't sure she was ready to sleep with a man she hardly knew. And then he claims at the conclusion of the book that he had loved her from the first time he laid eyes on her. If that were really the case, he would not have told her that he was not willing to wait. Would I recommend this book to another ...more
Jul 25, 2015 Jennifer rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Cheese city!
Carolyn F.
Sweet story about Amanda and Jason looking for marriage and kids before love. Set up by a friend, they e-mail, text and talk on the phone getting to know each other. Jason asks her to marry him and she meets him for the first time face-to-face at their wedding and then get to know and love each other. I know it's a short story, but I wish it were a little longer. You know I think 100 pages is a short story. 3.5 stars
Renee
Jul 04, 2011 Renee rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I love mail-order bride stories but this modern take did not work for me at all. There was no plot at all and absolutely no character development, even though it was a short story I expected a little more in that area.

Book was a free Kindle download.
SheLove2Read
Jun 04, 2011 SheLove2Read rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
WAY too short and a little bit of an eye roller. The premise of an arranged marriage so to speak, in this day and age, was a little unbelievable as well. C-
Gina Risher
Bwahahahaha! I didn't read this. Just checking to see if anybody's paying attention.
Elena
Jan 20, 2015 Elena rated it it was ok
Ugh... I don't know about this one... The "warning" at the beginning clearly stated "This is NOT a Christian romance, it is an adult-only book" ; however this read just like a Christian romance!!! What was adult only about a 32year -old-virgin-church-goer-mail-order-bride, who leaves one village for another to marry a dairy farmer- with no sex anywhere in the picture? After she immaturely frets for pages and pages , they finally do it on their wedding night - very PG13 - the end!

Note- she asks
postcrdprincess
This was definitely a short story. It took me all of 30 minutes to read. However, the story moved along nicely!

The story for me was interesting because it contained some elements that I like in storyline. Amanda meets through some friends; however they never actually physically meet. They talk via text and email, and after a month they decide to marry. I love marriage of convenience romances because the two individuals are never usually prepared for the other. In this case they did seemed some
Chrissy
It's not often that a book comes along that I am completely unable to rate with the Goodreads *stars* system. Sure, there's room for personal interpretation here, but it's pretty clear cut, right? The 1 stars and the 5 stars may be rare, but everything else is pretty easily assigned without *too* much deliberation (for the most part).

But, every now and then I encounter a book that just baffles me, and I think TEXT ORDER BRIDE by Kirsten Osbourne may be one of these. I'll explain my reasons below
Amy Denim
I originally reviewed this book in Jan before the author revised it. I'll leave that review at the bottom of this one just so you can see just how much better both the story and her craft have gotten.

Review:
Six foot two, Texas Home-Ec teacher Amanda feels like love has passed her by, until she's set up on a text date with Jason, a dairy farmer in Wisconsin.

I'm pretty sure the author has captured the feeling of gajillions of unattached women in America. No, not everyone is looking to get married
Kathie (katmom)
This was cute...steamy...and Christian? Well, the characters were Christian but the story was very erotic so it probably doesn't really belong in that category.

But it was cute.

Two people in their 30's, ready for a family AND marriage (wow, what a concept!) chat online, on the phone and via texts (would have liked to have seen more of that) and decide to marry shortly afterwards.

They don't meet until the actual wedding.

I thought it was rather interesting/weird that he had told her that they WOULD
This was a short, sweet, old-fashioned romance that took me out of my reading slump and reminded me why it is that I favoured the romance genre so heavily in my teens. There's something about a marriage of convenience and the slow falling-in-love that comes with a mature relationship based on mutual respect and admiration that gets me every time.

While Kirsten's beginnings as a writer show in the sometimes awkward dialogue and prose, characterised by repetitive descriptions and use of the same p
Trea
Aug 28, 2014 Trea rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: challenges-2014
I found this to be a unique twist on the old historical "mail order bride" plot device, seeing as how it was set in modern times. I could identify with Amanda quite a bit, but Jason was a bit of a mystery to me. I liked that it was a sweeter romance and had a lot of unique to this time period trappings going for it. It was a bit too short for my tastes, though we do get a full plot story, which is what kept me from rating it higher. All in all, a cute beach read!
Judy
Jan 16, 2016 Judy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Text Order Bride by Kirsten Osbourne
Amanda lives in the same small Texas town she grew up in. After college she returned to help her mother before she passed on. Alone now she's considering maybe moving on. Her best friend Stephanie had married and moved to Wisconsin ten years earlier but Amanda didn’t foresee marriage in her future. She didn’t see much at all for her future besides teaching homemaking.

Jason is a Wisconsin dairy farmer. His pastor’s wife talks so highly about her friend back in
Rachel Carrington
I loved the premise of this story. The idea of texting being the catalyst to bring two lonely souls together intrigued me. However, there were several plot issues that hampered the story.

While I know the book was probably intended to be a short story, I think the subject matter wasn't suited to a short story. The hero and the heroine barely knew each other when they rushed into marriage, and there was no existing reason for such haste. Ms. Osbourne didn't indicate why the two main characters fel
Deane Lingenfelter
This is a modern day romance. It is a short story. It is also a christian novel with a twist. How do you know someone loves you but they never say the word. I have actual learned to not only show love but to also tell my loved one I love them often. I enjoyed this book and Happy Reading...
Mel
Oct 07, 2012 Mel rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

Text Order Bride by Kirsten Osbourne

Amanda, a single home-ec texas teacher begings communicating with Wisconsin Dairy Farmer, Jason. This is story of 2 people wanting the same thing, and decide maybe they could have it together.

I love the idea of 2 people actually getting to know eachother without being able to see eachother right away. The story was a little dry and i really wish i could have learned more about the characters and there background story.

This is a book for anyone who wants a light easy read. There isnt much to t
Ginny Lamere
Mar 30, 2015 Ginny Lamere rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful sweet romance

They meet online through friends, he asks her to marry him and the fun begins from there I loved this sweet tender romance
Cathy Speight
This is a short story about a girl who marries a farmer whom she has never met and with whom she has only communicated by email/text/phone. Although, the tale was a little unrealistic (in an old-fashioned way) and a bit happily-ever-after, it was well structured and well written (with some spicy adult content) and I found it enjoyably rose-tinted. Whilst I very rarely read short stories, I found this a pleasant way to spend 45 minutes and not only will I seek out more work by this author, she ca ...more
Zoe Mccaffrey
Quite a good short book. Ideal if you want too immerse yourself for a few hours.
Lori
Oct 24, 2014 Lori rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was pointless. You can read it in 30 minutes. Not worth the download
Ragatnia Clara
It could have been better if it's longer and described more detail.
Rebeca O
Dec 18, 2014 Rebeca O rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Short , simple read, I wishes there was an epilogue
Maria
Apr 07, 2013 Maria rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks, romance, 2013
Complete waste of my time, and this book tops my list of “Why You Should Never Get Free Books on Amazon.”

Absolutely ridiculous and unreal. Amanda, who is 6'2", cannot find a man tall enough for her. Has this woman never heard of basketball players? Seriously.

And of course, comes this man, Jason, who is taller than her (6'6") and whoopee-they click! They get married, with his intention of her losing her virginity to him.
Ifeyinwa
Jan 21, 2014 Ifeyinwa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
SHORT ENOUGH, BUT NOT TOO SHORT. ALSO NOT LACKING IN CONTENT AND CHARACTER DEVELOPEMENT.
Vivian
Jun 08, 2011 Vivian rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-contemp
While there were things I enjoyed about this story the awkward prose and dialogue really affected my pleasure. The premise was old fashioned and the author primarily relies on narrating rather than depicting the story; i.e., telling not showing. All that said, there is a sweet quality and kindness to this story that is endearing. I look forward to Osbourne's growth and future stories.
  • A Chance In Time (Native American Romance #0.5)
  • A Hint of Rapture
  • Stakeout for Love
  • Blood in the Marsh
  • Dear Cupid (Texas Heat Wave)
  • A Storm of Love, A Novella
  • Remembered Love (Naughty Nooners)
  • An Unlikely Pair: The High School Years (My Once and Future Love, #0.5)
  • Out of the Box (On the Edge)
  • Blindsight (Mirus, #1.3)
  • The Life and Death of Lauren Conway
  • Victoria Gardella: Vampire Slayer (The Gardella Vampire Chronicles, #1.5)
  • Dating Mr. December
  • One Bite
  • Love Transposed
  • Demons and Other Inconveniences
  • Baby, I'm Yours (Southern Roads, #0.5)
  • Saying Yes