The Most Dangerous Game: A Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal Collection

The Most Dangerous Game: A Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal Collection

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  288 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal (SMBC) is at heart a geek comic, but it nevertheless addresses a broad range of topics, such as love, relationships, economics, politics, religion, science, and philosophy. It is one of the fastest growing comics online, having sextupled in readership since 2008. SMBC appeals to many different groups, as evidenced by the fact it has been f...more
Published December 13th 2011 by Breadpig

To ask other readers questions about The Most Dangerous Game, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Most Dangerous Game

Gunnerkrigg Court, Vol. 1 by Thomas SiddellHark! A Vagrant by Kate BeatonGirl Genius, Vol. 1 by Phil FoglioLackadaisy by Tracy J. Butlerxkcd by Randall Munroe
Webcomics
22nd out of 176 books — 59 voters

More lists with this book...

Kim
The second SMBC collection in the Humble Bundle is just as great as the first. Now I just have to find the time to sit down and read all the comics on his website. This may take a while.
Evgeny
This is the second collection of web comics which became fairly well-known. Each strip is standalone with topics ranging from relationships to politics to astronomy. Not all of the comics are of the same quality, some of them are funny, and some just raise interesting questions, while others somewhat incomprehensible. Unlike the first collection, Save Yourself, Mammal!: A Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal Collection where the majority of comics consisted of a single frame, the most part of these...more
***Dave Hill
In varying parts irreverent, intellectual, and psychologically twisted, these strips from SMBC are often brilliant, frequently mordant, and usually damned funny. Of course, with any sort of comic strip, your mileage would wildly vary, but, having saved a bunch of these to disk as I read them, it's cool to get them in bound (and oversized) form.
Talia
I picked up this book and the first book in a HumbleBundle pack. If you're not aware of HumbleBundle, google it and then go buy. They are simply AMAZING.

Anyhow, before HB, I'd never heard of SMBC. I wish I had, though. His comics are irreverent and topical - perfect for me. Although some people might get a bit uncomfortable at the sometimes-sacrilgious tone of his work, I find it amusing, as I've never been one to take offense at people taking a light-hearted swipe at the seriousness of religion...more
Ketsugami
Not always perfect, but frequently brilliant.
Pankaj Singh
Not as funny as Save Yourself Mammals, but still a great collection. I strongly believe Weiner's single panels are much funnier than his multipanels.
Heino Colyn
As with the first collection, Save Yourself, Mammal!: A Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal Collection, I read this book on my phone but did not quite enjoy it as much. While topics still ranged from science, politics and economics to religion and relationships, I found the humour less consistent. Some strips raised interesting questions, but if you are looking to read some Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal and have not checked out Save Yourself Mammal, rather go do that.
Amy
Jun 11, 2014 Amy added it
I haven't read it yet
Matija
A couple of really golden ones in this one as well, but in the end, not enough extra content over online archives (in fact, there's none), to warrant a rave.

Really, ebook webcomic collections are kinda pointless, since you can get the same for free online in an easier to read format, anyway. Print books would probably net at least a star more, but the authors should also take note and provide additional, perhaps exclusive content for the books, rather than just republish stuff from the webpage w...more
Seth Courrégé
It's unfortunate, but these read much better on the actual site, plus there's an extra gag for many of these strips in the site- think of xkcd's mouseover text but with images. So I've got to agree with other reviewers: great content but I see no real reason for this ebook to exist.
Richard Wright
Some longer strips here than the previous 'Save Yourself, Mammal!', perhaps leading to less laugh out loud moments and more probing social comment. In general though, still smart, still funny, still ahead of the game when it comes to short form comic strip humour.
Martin Nilsson
I love Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal in its webcomic form, and this is a nice collection. My purchase of the book was mainly a way to support Zach Weiner economically. Hopefully, he will continue the webcomic and other projects for a very long time!
Lyricsninja
Per the same review of Zach Weiner's other book - Another book of random comics, but this one held less hilarity for me. Its got quite a few quick comments that made me chuckle, but by in large i just shook my head at the majority
Science For The People
Featured on Skeptically Speaking's special episode "Smart Comics for Smart People" on September 7, 2011, during an interview with comic author Zach Weiner. http://skepticallyspeaking.ca/news/we...
Frank
My favorite webcomic and a daily must-read. Incredible balance of insightful science and logic and humor. Only drawback of this collection is that I have read all the strips already. They still hold up.
Saretta
Raccolta di vignette su varie tematiche, politica, tecnologia, scienze, religione etc...

---

Pack of web comic scrip about various themes like politics, technology, science, religion etc..
Marcelo Sanchez
As good as the first one. The "Choose your own adventure" was better than the one in the first book, now introducing redirections.
The jokes were funny but I still miss the red button hover.
Nicole G.
I'd never seen this comic before. I got this book as part of a Humble Bundle a while back. Some of these were quite funny, others thought-provoking. A few might have been over my head.
António
Just gotta love the way science, politics and humanity comes together in a mix of comics with a pH way above 7.
Having said that, be prepared to be (slightly to severely) offended.
Todd Norris
I love SMBC, and this is tome is a great installment of the greatness that is SMBC.

It is a collection of a bunch of comics from a specific time frame of mostly around 2011.
Doug Cornelius
The second collection of these webcomics wrapped into one package. Like Save Yourself Mammal, it's also filled with amusing side jokes and ways to explore the book.
Melissa
Same as the last - the ones with math, nerds, and children were the best. The ones with philosophy were less enjoyable to me.
Larry Kenney
Not quite as funny as the first collection, but still a great addition to the series.
Philip
A smart web-comic that is not above some low-brow humor.
Charlotte Putney
Charlotte Putney marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
  • Penny Arcade Volume 2: Epic Legends of the Magic Sword Kings
  • xkcd: volume 0
  • Invasion (The Secret World Chronicles #1)
  • Signal to Noise
  • Zoo City
  • The Perry Bible Fellowship Almanack
  • The Happiest Days of Our Lives
  • Cyanide And Happiness: I'm Giving You The Finger
  • Your Whole Family is Made Out of Meat: The Best of Dinosaur Comics, 2003-2005 A.D.
  • Oglaf Book One
  • Bypass Gemini
Author and illustrator of the webcomic Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal (SMBC).

SMBC is at heart a geek comic, which nevertheless addresses a broad range of topics, such as love, relationships, economics, politics, religion, science, and philosophy. As shown by the diverse range of blogs listed above, it appeals to many different groups.

SMBC has around 250,000 daily readers, served over 300,000,00...more
More about Zach Weiner...
Save Yourself, Mammal!: A Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal Collection Captain Stupendous Rakastakaa Toisianne! SCIENCE: Ruining Everything Since 1543 Trial of the Clone: An Interactive Adventure!