Start by marking “The Adventures of Max and Pinky: Best Buds” as Want to Read:
The Adventures of Max and Pinky: Best Buds

The Adventures of Max and Pinky: Best Buds (The Adventures of Max and Pinky)

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  63 ratings  ·  13 reviews
For Max and Pinky every Saturday is Adventure Day. Today is Saturday, but where is Pinky? Has he gotten lost or carried away by bunnies—or is he just off somewhere stuffing himself with marshmallows? Watch Max dive into mud, question a polar bear, and be dissed by a horse named Chuck. Nothing will stop him from finding his pink pal—because a guy will do anything for his be ...more
Published April 20th 2011 by Knopf Books for Young Readers (first published December 26th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Adventures of Max and Pinky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Adventures of Max and Pinky

For those who love Sandra Boynton, the illustrations will be very reminiscent of her work; they are bright, colorful and full of verve. Max, a fitting name for a boy, and Pinky, appropriate for a pig, are friends and best buddies. Pinky has a thing for marshmallows and will do just about anything to find them and of course, eat them. This can sometimes get him into some tight spots and friend Max is always there to help him out.
Max are best buds. Sometimes they do things on their own, but they do a lot of things together. Every Saturday is adventure day! Max and Pinky always do stuff together on adventure day! But one Saturday Pinky is missing? When Max finally finds him he's scarfing all of their marshmallows! At least he saved Max the last one...

Missy Kirtley
We just didn't get into this one. I think some of the jokes were over my daughter's head, and I wasn't all that impressed with the illustrations. There was a lot to read, and it was difficult to read aloud to my daughter with all the voice balloons. We're going to take it back to the library.
Jan 09, 2009 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: 2009, childrens
I wasn't too impressed with this story, but our girls loved it. A boy and his best friend, a pig, go on adventures and eat marshmallows. That's about it.
Cute book about friendship. Bright, clear colors that young children would enjoy with a clever marshmallow fetish that adults will appreciate.
very bright and big pictures. pinky obsessed with marshmellows. best friends. can't find pinky until found eating marshmellows under the sink.
Oh, so cute. The PandaBat read it to herself, but it was so cute I had to read it to myself after.

Let me say again, cute.
Make sure you have a marshmallows bag while reading because now I'm hungry and there are no marshmallows anywhere around me :(
The Styling Librarian
GO marshmallows! This book always makes me laugh. And I've read it around 10 times.... one of my son's favorites...
Super adorable. I loved this book.
Would be great for friendship units.
Marshmallows, mmmm.
Marshmallows, mmmm.
Ariah added it
Jun 26, 2015
Lynn Cipriano
Lynn Cipriano marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2015
Liz Todd
Liz Todd marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
R. added it
Nov 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »

The Adventures of Max and Pinky (3 books)
  • The Adventures of Max and Pinky: Superheroes
  • The Adventures of Max and Pinky: The Mystery
The Flying Beaver Brothers and the Evil Penguin Plan The Flying Beaver Brothers and the Fishy Business Okay, Andy! The Flying Beaver Brothers and the Mud-Slinging Moles The Flying Beaver Brothers: Birds vs. Bunnies