Start by marking “NaNo for the New and the Insane” as Want to Read:
NaNo for the New and the Insane

NaNo for the New and the Insane

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  7 reviews
NaNo for the New and the Insane is a short work dedicated to helping people stay on track for the month long NaNoWriMo event in November of each year.
ebook
Published August 28th 2011 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about NaNo for the New and the Insane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about NaNo for the New and the Insane

C.S.
Aug 29, 2011 C.S. rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone with a yen to write and in need of a gentle push.
Shelves: writing
A fast, enjoyable read for anyone who's given even a second's thought to might/maybe/perhaps joining the annual madness of National Novel Writing Month. Gifford is a professional writer, editor, and publisher who's been a part of NaNoWriMo for years, and still loves it. She punctures misconceptions, makes it clear it's not for everybody, and loads this little book with reasons why it might be exactly right for you. As if that isn't enough (and all for free), there's a good deal of practical writ...more
Dusty Craine
I decided to participate in NaNoWriMo after having heard about it for a year or two now. Writing 50k works is a bit intimidating and so I've started to look into tips and strategies and see how other folks are making it happen for them. I found a link to this book in the NaNo forums and it answered a ton of questions. In particular I found the section on phases or just simply creating a daily outline to write from to be incredibly helpful. I highly recommend this book.
Casey Cassidy
I really enjoyed this book. This is going to be my third year doing NaNoWriMo and my first year writing two books, instead of one. So I thought that since she has written much more then that, that she has some tips. Some of the tips I know, having done NaNoWriMo before, but I liked the 100 words sprints between things.
A good read for anyone who is planning on doing NaNoWriMo for the first time or getting ready to do it again.
Alexandria
A quick, fun and informative read for the novice NaNo-er.

Covers not only the time spent during NaNoWriMo, but before and after also.
Becky Black
Aug 07, 2014 Becky Black rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: NaNoWriMo participants
Shelves: non-fiction
A great guide to doing NaNoWriMo. And an updated version is now available on Smashwords, if you already read this a while back.
James
Great book, is going to help me greatly with NaNoWriMo this year
Nicole
Nicole added it
Oct 23, 2014
Lilias
Lilias is currently reading it
Oct 13, 2014
Amara
Amara marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2014
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
Sally
Sally marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2013
Itzel Olivares
Itzel Olivares marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2013
Avian Crown
Avian Crown marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2013
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
May 27, 2013
Miranda
Miranda marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2013
Madforwriting
Madforwriting marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2012
Amara
Amara added it
Oct 14, 2012
Return to Redlin Kat Among the Pigeons Silky (Silky, #1) Silky 3: The Queen's Champion (Silky, #3) Silky 2: Lord of the Land (Silky, #2)