Start by marking “Daniel's Bride” as Want to Read:
Daniel's Bride

Daniel's Bride

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  804 ratings  ·  33 reviews
When a woman has to choose between death and marriage to a total stranger, she must be in a dire predicament....

And for Jolie McKibben, about to pay by hanging for a terrible crime she didn't commit, salvation by marriage couldn't come a moment too soon. Housekeeping for Daniel Beckham, a widower who invoked the town's wedding ordinance to rescue Jolie from the gallows,
Published May 31st 2011 by Pocket Books (first published September 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Daniel's Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daniel's Bride

JennyG
I so wanted to like this more than I did. It had a promising start with brooding widower hero rescuing sweet innocent heroine from the gallows by offering her marriage of convenience. But, after awhile I got tired of him ignoring her, turning to her only when he needed sex as well as constant "you are not staying, I'll divorce you, bla bla...".

The heroine was a doormat who just lamented over and over again over those words. I wanted to shake her and make her do something to make him take notice
Maddux
Was on the edge of my seat for most of this book.

And I love that just as much as I hate it.

I thought Daniel's attitude a bit cruel, no matter how misguided his intentions were. That's just plain f--ked up.

All Jolie wanted - NEEDED - was his love. And he denied her that throughout the whole book. And then at the end where he blithely tells her ... (view spoiler)
~Megan~
For a good portion of this book I wanted to strangle Daniel, but Jolie was such a fantastic heroine that she kept me going. Time and time again she was hurt and humiliated, but she loved with her whole heart and broke down the walls surrounding Daniel's broken heart. There were a host of well-written secondary characters that I grew to care about! I had bad luck with another one of LLM's older novels, but this one was a treat.
Allison Mudge
I read this book in a day, I really liked it :) not to say that there wasn't parts that I didn't like because believe me there was....but it was still a good read.
Daniel, Daniel , Daniel, I wanted to scream at you sometimes...and then I wanted to hug you and tell you it's okay to move on....but in end, he learned on his own.

The sex scenes were kind of stale in my opinion, I mostly skipped over them. Which is weird for me because usually that's my favorite parts ;) but this time they were kind
Sandra
It was ok. Daniel was an ass the majority of the book. I get that's how he is.. but some growth would have been nice to see.

Disappointing epilogue but at least there was one so I am grateful for that
Marcella
Touching story of love that grows with time
Michelle
This was an older romance that for years my friends have been telling me I need to catch up on and I’m so glad I finally got a chance to. This had some of the great, secret pleasures enjoyment of early romances that had included a little bit of everything. This had an outlaw heroine, orphans, snakes, and a cheeky hero who doesn’t say much but can convey a feeling with just a smile. What more could you possibly want? Jolie was about to be hung for a crime she didn’t commit but widower Daniel invo ...more
BookLuva28
Oct 27, 2013 BookLuva28 rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Western Romance Readers
Shelves: cc-library
There were definite times where the book dragged and I had to put it down with the temporary boredom; but, there were also moments in the book I didn't want to overlook and discredit. Besides the sex being steamy and luxurious in it's sensual prose , there were anxious scenes in which our heroine had come face to face with the sinister and dangerous. I was definitely expecting there to be a dark corner lurking among the inevitable sweet romance bound to arrive at the end, and Linda Lael Miller d ...more
Linda
(view spoiler) ...more
Lilyjordan
Omgoshh one of my favorite books of all time.
I give it five stars cause apart from the ending where he suddenly decides he loves her the narrative of the story Is perfection. Can you guys please recommend me stories that are similar to this? I would love that.
Ana
A marriage of convenience is a common romance novel device and Linda Lael Miller combines this with two strong characters to create an uncommon romance. Miller delves into their burgeoning relationship and doesn’t shy away from from the painful emotional aspects such as his continuing grief over his dead wife. This author takes great care when layering in the emotions to ensure the book doesn’t dissolve into a puddle of melodrama while achieving just the right note of struggle and tenderness. He ...more
Lindsay
Jolie is in a little trouble. She going to die if she doe not marry a man. Though the town people say she a part of the gang that stole money is she part of it or not. She must prove them that she did not have anything to do with the robbery.

Daniel comes along and saves her by saying he will marry her. He save her from being hung, Though he does he has his own troubles and struggles with losing his wife and unborn child. He also loss a daughter (I think) though not complete sure. It been a while
Mydearloverboy
Lots of angst!Loved the heroine:)
4.5 stars!
Kathie (katmom)
This was the first book that I've read by Linda Lael Miller

This story made my heart hurt. I really wanted to hug Jolie and knock some sense into Daniel.

There were a few small things that didn't get explained or sorted out, but it was certainly an exciting read. I wanted to read through the night!

I'll definitely read more of hers.
Andrea
love my trashy romance novels! it's based on the "western frontier," but it actually got me thinking about how far we americans have come from being "natural." in this book, they ate what they grew, made their own clothes, worked from dawn to dusk and had a happy life. we are so pampered and out of touch w/the basics of nature...not that i plan to change. i am just commenting on it. LOL
Katy Rustemeyer
My very first LLM standalone every other book I believe has had a sequel. Loved it loved it being about a farmer, something different. Daniel really was different from any other male MC I've read in her little world. I really liked him, and Jolie was of course lovable. That is my problem I guess, I can't find LLM characters to hate so I just have to keep reading.
Touloulou
Initiation à la romance par une amie blogueuse qui me l'a mis dans les mains...
Une lectrice distrayante, avec un héros avec drole et pourtant pas macho comme on en voit si souvent (vous avez dit boring?)
Dommage que l'ambiance "western" n'ait pas été assez là. J'aurais aimé sentir la poussière et la chaleur, entendre la musique du saloon, ce genre de choses !
Jacqueline
Very good marriage of convenience story. I liked how the whole story wasn't about when they would sleep together but rather them learning to adjust to each other and fall in love. The plot held together very well and the book gave a good flavor of the times. Well written believable characters.
Karen Hogan
Read this frontier romance by Linda Lael Miller nearly 8 years ago. A man in the state of Washington during the 1800's rescues a woman from being hanged by marrying her. If you dont prefer graphic love scenes, Linda Lael isnt the author for you.
Alisha Concepcion
Jun 25, 2010 Alisha Concepcion rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Alisha by: Grand - ma ma
Oh My... I haven't read that good of a story in a while. It's inspiring and in so many ways, makes you envey the type of person Jolie is. It gave me perspective... I could not put this book down. I finished it in two nights!
Becky
I loved this book. I'm not sure why, but after reading it maybe 20 years ago now it still sticks in my mind. I can pretty much recall the whole book. I'd love to read it again, but don't have the book.
Katherine
This was a slow starter, but it turned out to be action packed. There were places where she could have added a little more angst, but I ended really enjoying the story.
Charisse
Here's a wonderful love story that stirs my heart.

I really love stories about "marriage of convenience" that soon turns out to be a "marriage of a lifetime" :)
Robyn
This is one of Linda Millers earlier books and it was a very enjoyable read as with her other ones I've read.
N.u.m.b S.S
أولى قصص الكابوي اللي قرأتها .. لا تنسى .. أسلوب الكاتبة من جد دخلني اجواء الغرب الامريكي
Lynette
Review coming. One of my top romance novels ever read!
L.M. Elm
Decent read. Daniel's character came off too stiff for me.
  • The Wives of Bowie Stone
  • The Bridal Veil
  • Texas Bride (Mail-Order Brides, #1)
  • Parting Gifts
  • The Midwife
  • To Wed in Texas (The McLain Series 3)
  • Heartbreak Creek (Runaway Brides #1)
  • Matthew (Circle Eight, #1)
  • Joe's Wife
  • Only Love (Only Series, #4)
  • Mountain Wild (Wild, #3)
  • Jake (The Cowboys, #1)
  • Garters
  • Coming Up Roses
  • Beautiful Bad Man (Sutton Family, #1)
  • Sweet Everlasting
  • Sunset Embrace (Coleman Family Saga #1)
  • The Rainbow Season (Turner's Rainbows Saga, #1)
As the daughter of a town marshal, Linda has come home to the western lifestyle that gave birth to one of today’s most successful authors. She left Washington years ago and pursued her wanderlust, living in Arizona and London and traveling the world. Now the author of more than 100 novels, the “First Lady of the West” is glad to be back home, writing contemporary and historical stories that have e ...more
More about Linda Lael Miller...
Logan (Montana Creeds, #1) Dylan (Montana Creeds, #2) Tyler (Montana Creeds, #3) McKettrick's Luck (McKettrick Men, #1) (McKettricks, #6) High Country Bride (McKettrick, #1)