Start by marking “Anna's Gift (Hannah's Daughters, #3)” as Want to Read:
Anna's Gift (Hannah's Daughters, #3)

Anna's Gift (Hannah's Daughters #3)

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  314 ratings  ·  47 reviews
No one in Seven Poplars, Delaware, expects Anna Yoder "ever" to marry. Among her six pretty, petite sisters, big and plain Anna feels like a plow horse. But then Samuel Mast, the handsome widowed father she has secretly loved for years, asks if he can court her. Surely Anna has misheard--Samuel has his pick of lovely brides! She's convinced he seeks a wife only as a mother ...more
Published September 20th 2011 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Anna's Gift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anna's Gift

Janice Aitkens
I read this on the Kindle

I am working my way through this series & this is the 3rd book in the series

I enjoyed this book, in it people was not kind about Anna who believes she fat & ugly which Samuel don't believe & neither does her family & they all tell her she has beauty inside & out

Her Aunt Martha well she not too nice & as the wife of a Deacon i surprise at her also that the deacon don't say more

It worth reading & i do feel if you want to read the series you shou
shms
This was something different from my usual reads and it was refreshing in its simplicity, and I'm not referring to the Amish ways, I mean the romance. They liked, loved each other but finding the way to each other isn't so straight forward with family, community and their own doubts getting in the way.

The context of the Amish faith which I know very little about was at times confusing, and that's a reflection of my ignorance nothing else, but faith is faith whatever the belief system. It had
Judy
Great Amish Fiction Read!

Anna’s Gift was a great read. Real life issues were brought out in this story.

Anna Yoder, has very low self esteem. I couldn’t believe how rude some of the people were to her. This included some of her own family members. Anna can not believe that any man could ever love someone as plain as she is. She thinks of herself as fat and ugly.

Samuel Mast, bless his heart, sees Anna in a different light. Can he win her hand in marriage?

There are some serious issues in this story
Andrea Guy
Anna's Gift is part of the Love Inspired mini-series Hannah's Daughters. It is a sweet love story between a widower and a younger Amish girl.

I've read a lot of Amish books this year and this one stands out among them, because it really was a simple love story. There was conflict but it was normal conflict that is experienced in day to day life whether you are Amish or an "Englischer."

Anna wasn't the typical romance novel heroine. She's fat. Yup, I said it, fat. Sturdy is what many of the charact
Judy
Anna's Gift by Emma Miller

Anna Yoder feels that she is the ugly one in her family. With her beautiful thin sisters around her, Anna compares her large plain self to them. She was teased about her weight as a child and now at age twenty-one, she knows she may never be loved. She has secretly admired Samuel Mast from far back already. He seems to be courting her Mam and she cannot imagine him being her step-father. On the other hand she knows such a handsome man would never look her way.

Samuel ha
Title: ANNA’S GIFT
Author: Emma Miller
Publisher: Love Inspired
October 2011
ISBN: 978-0-373-87699-0
Genre: Inspirational/Amish/romance

Anna Yoder never expects to marry. Anna has six pretty, petite sisters, and Anna is big, overweight, and plain. Even her mother tells her so. Anna is accepting of her future, even when the handsome widower she’s long admired appears to be calling on her mother. She’s not sure how she feels about him being her step-dad, but she accepts it.

Samuel Mast is only eight yea
Maureen Timerman
When Samuel Mast expresses an interest in Anna Yoder, she is sure she heard him wrong and he meant her mother. Anna is a big boned girl, and can't imagine a man as handsome as Samuel being interested in her.
Anna does not have very good self esteem, but is so kind hearted. To make things worse some of her Aunts and Cousins, tell her that Samuel only wants her to cook, clean and watch his children. They tell her she a big fat girl and he surely would never love her!
Samuel lost his wife 4 years ago
Jodie
Anna, just 21 years old, still isn't married and is beginning to wonder if she ever will. She's not the prettiest and because of her love for cooking, she's also a little "fuller" than the other Amish girls her age. When her mother leaves to bring her grandmother home, Anna is shocked by a proposal she was sure would never come. But, does he only want her for a mother to his children? Anna was really hoping for so much more.

I really enjoyed this sweet story. I really enjoyed the author letting u
Carmen
This is a Love Inspired book, part of a series set in an Amish community. I like the cast of characters so I went out of my way to find this book. Harlequin novels have a short shelf life and as I have favorite authors writing in the genre, I tend to be diligent in checking ahead for upcoming publications. I view reading a Harlequin similar to watching an hour or two of television but since reading is far and away the drug of choice, I derive much pleasure from this activity. This series is abou ...more
Abbie
Anna is just 21 and able to marry yet she feels she is fat and figures no one will ever want to marry her. She secretly has a crush on the the widowed neighbor named Samuel. Anna thinks he is going to court her mom(he is 16 years older then Anna). So she is shocked when he asks to court her!

Samuel has been a widow for 4 years and is ready to find a new wife. Even though Anna is only 21 and he 36 he can’t help but be drawn to her. Will he be able to convince Anna he loves her and does not just w
Susan
Good book. I liked both Anna and Samuel. Anna is stunned when Samuel asks to court her. He could have his pick of any of the girls in the community, but he's asking her. She has had a dream of being married for love but doesn't expect it. She is a big girl who has been teased about it for years. She doesn't see how he could truly be interested in her as a person. She couldn't see that her inner beauty was so much more important to him. I loved how good she was with her sister and with Samuel's k ...more
Ausjenny
I just finished this book and really enjoyed it. Anna is bigger than her sisters and has been teased all her life for being big. Samuel lost his wife 4 years ago and everyone thought he wanted to court Anna's mother. Right from the beginning this book had me hooked. Samuel wants to court Anna but Anna thinks he could only want her to look after his children and cook and clean for him. He is quite handsome and she doesn't think he could love her for herself. I really felt for Anna in a world wher ...more
D.J.

This story is my favorite so far, of all the books in the series. Anna has so much to offer a man, although none of the men (and many of the women) can't see it. I love how Samuel can see it... and appreciate it... and dear, sweet Anna.

Samuel appreciates Anna for her inner beauty and her gift of hospitality, her good sense and kindness. But unknown to Anna, Samuel has been attracted to her for several years... he's been giving her time to grow up... and maybe time for him to get his courage up t
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://longandshortreviews.blogspot.c...

She’d admired Samuel from afar, but knew he’d never be interested in her. So when he asks her about courting, she gets so excited and embarrassed she falls off the ladder and douses both of them with the blue paint she was using. How can she ever look at him again?

Ms. Miller has written a very pleasant Amish tale about those who live “plain” and have certain rules to follow regarding appropriate behavior and courting. Her main charact
Rachel Brand
GENRE: AMISH ROMANCE
PUBLISHER: STEEPLE HILL/HARLEQUIN
PUBLICATION DATE: SEPTEMBER 9, 2011
RATING: 9 OUT OF 10

In the latest addition to Emma Miller’s Hannah’s Daughters series, Anna Yoder finds herself receiving a surprising marriage proposal. After watching all of her older sisters marry and leave the family home, Anna longs to be swept off her feet by a suitor, but believes this will never happen since she doesn’t have the pretty face or slim figure of her attractive sisters. So when handsome wid
Marietta Waters
Amazing Anna

I am so amazed at how Emma Miller brings out each characters personality. They are different but oh so understanding. Hannah has a great group of young women in her family. It is so unique how kind and understanding Anna is. Samuel was really persistent about Anna being his wife. He really knew her better than she knew herself. Great story!
Robbi
Shari Larsen
This is the third book in the Hannah's Daughters series. Anna is the focus of this story; tall and overweight, Anna has always felt like a plow horse next to her pretty and petite sisters. She has secretly loved widowed Samuel Mast for years, but still, she is surprised when he asks if he can court her, but does he truly love her, or is he just looking for a housekeeper and a mother for his young children? Anna wants to be sure before she marries, but she is also afraid that if she does not marr ...more
Anne
Anna's story has been my favorite so far. I love how each book in this series hints at things to come later on in the future books. I think this series is best read in order, but you could read them in any order as they are each good books on their own.

Hsiau Wei
I like Anna's character alot. Reading thru this book with such a likeable character make it easy and smooth for me. ;) Anna, depicted as a plump and not so pretty as compared to her other sisters, has always have a low self-esteemed. Hence, when Samuel make his intention to court her, she was so surprised that she fell of the ladder! Nevertheless, due to her inferior complex, she have a hard time in convincing herself that Samuel is in love with her and not for other reasons. Her confusion was a ...more
Cami Fulkerson
I liked the book. It was different than most romance novels because Anna feels so bad about herself. She learned in the end to love herself so that in turn she could be loved and have a meaningful marriage.
Louise E.
Book #3 of 8.....Very good story. I am thoroughly enjoying this series.
Kristin
I loved "Anna's Gift" written by Emma Miller. I could really relate to the main character Anna Yoder. She was a hard-working daughter who really was devoted to her mother and all those around her thinking little of herself.

She also did not consider herself "worthy" of someone else's affections because she felt sooo plain~~"big and plain" in outward appearance. However, Anna proved she was beautiful, both inwardly and in her outward appearance.

This was a wonderful book that focused around hope,
Ellen Sara
I had no idea that Harlequin had a Christian romance imprint! That thought made me very excited. Anna's gift was a very sweet romance. You can't help but fall in love with the kind hearted Anna and understand her hesitations about entering into a courtship with the handsome and wealthy Samuel. Anna is a wonderful character and I really enjoyed getting to know her. This was a fast easy read. It was so refreshing to read a clean romance. Yay!! I thought the author did a good job developing Anna an ...more
Ruthie
love Emma Miller
April Suter
A visit back to Seven Poplars, Delaware and into the Amish life of "Hannah's Daughters." Anna is not too sure that her neighbor Samuel really wants to court her, not her mother. Does he love her or does he just want someone to take care of his kids? And how can she take care of her aging grandmother, also. Well, when the twins put cow poop in her aunt's boots you know there are some tough decisions to pray over with God.
217 pages
Christy
This is my favorite Emma Miller book. Anna is probably like a lot of us; beautiful in a different way. I was eager to read this one again. It was refreshing to read a story where it actually mentions a woman's size and she is not perfectly thin and toned. Anna's gift is that she is funny, interesting, loving and absolutely beautiful no-matter what her size. If you enjoy Emma Miller books please don't miss the best one.
Mia
I grabbed this off my mother's book shelf to read while sitting in the E.R. with my elderly father - by no means a great book but sweet and gentle which is just what I needed at the time! A quick, easy read with no worries.
I'm giving this 3 stars because I enjoyed it and if you like light Amish fiction I think you will enjoy 'Anna's Gift'. Not a book I'm likely to reread but it sure helped to pass those 9 hrs in the E.R.!
Sdcraftnmom
I loved Anna's Gift.. Being a larger woman i can understand her hesitation in believing that Samuel had chosen her... I love her caring relationship with her sister Susanna.. having a special needs child myself i know how sweet and innocent they can be.I loved getting to know the whole family.. Even Grossmama and her dementia and Jezebel who reminds me of a family friend... was a quick read by most enjoyable...
Carolyn E
Enjoyed it!! I am enjoying the entire series. Will be reading the fourth book, Leah's Choice, next, and finally, Redeeming Grace. I believe the next book in this series will be released in May, 2013.
  • A Hope Springs Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #7)
  • The Protector (Families of Honor, #2)
  • The Wonder of Your Love (Land of Canaan #2)
  • Lilly's Wedding Quilt (Patch of Heaven, #2)
  • Beyond Hope's Valley (The Big Sky Series, #3)
  • A Groom for Greta (Amish Brides of Celery Fields, #3)
  • An Amish Family Reunion
  • The Wounded Heart (Amish Quilt, #1)
  • The Heart's Journey (Stitches in Time #2)
  • A Life of Joy (Kauffman Amish Bakery, #4)
  • What the Heart Sees: A Collection of Amish Romances
  • A Harvest of Hearts (Amish of Seymour County, #2)
  • To Love and to Cherish (The Bliss Creek Amish #1)

Hannah's Daughters (8 books)
  • Courting Ruth (Hannah's Daughters, #1)
  • Miriam's Heart (Hannah's Daughters, #2)
  • Leah's Choice (Hannah's Daughters, #4)
  • Redeeming Grace (Hannah's Daughters, #5)
  • Johanna's Bridegroom (Hannah's Daughters, #6)
  • Rebecca's Christmas Gift
  • Hannah's Courtship
Courting Ruth (Hannah's Daughters, #1) Miriam's Heart (Hannah's Daughters, #2) Leah's Choice (Hannah's Daughters, #4) Johanna's Bridegroom (Hannah's Daughters, #6) Plain Murder