Start Your Own Business

Start Your Own Business

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  84 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Tap into more than 30 years of small business expertise as you embark on the most game-changing journey of your life ? your new business. This unmatched guide - the best-selling business startup book of all time - offers critical startup essentials and a current, comprehensive view of what it takes to survive the crucial first three years, giving your exactly what you need...more
Published October 10th 2010 by Entrepreneur Press (first published August 31st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Start Your Own Business, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Start Your Own Business

Joseph Moskie
I skipped a few sections of this book, specifically ones that focused on things such as inventory management, or working with industrial suppliers and manufacturers, because those sort of things weren't relevant to the business I intend to start.

The rest of the book is well written and insightful. The margins are littered with inspirational quotes from historical entrepreneurs, which pushed me to read the book even faster. All of the lessons were well crafted. The "callout boxes" to very specifi...more
Jennifer Burke
A reference book to return to over and over during the process of starting your business, or thinking of starting one. Good, basic, solid and covers nearly all you need to know of the general aspects of start-up, from experts at start-ups and business writing.

I read, and re-read, this book over the course of 10 months of start-up work for my own business. And I might go back and pick a few nuggets out again as I need them. Since I got a steal of a deal on this as a Kindle book, it's been a must...more
Mike
Pretty boring read, but covers a lot of good ground, and I guess it's as riveting as you can expect from a book designed to explain how to launch a production company (or business in general).
Erik Similkier
Covers every single aspect you'll face from start up all the way down to an exit strategy, this book walks you through it all! I read the entire thing cover to cover while on deployment.
Christina Hanchett
This book walked me through Steps A to Z in creating my business. Business classes or other resources are not needed. This book is the Bible of Entrepreneurship.
Hashim Al-Zain
Very good read that will expose the reader to things that are easily overlooked in the process of establishing a new business or even a growing one for that matter.
Thomas
Great book on starting a business. Very thorough. It provides a lot of information without boring you and making you want to put it down.
Regina Foo
Very comprehensive for new entrepreneur who wish to start their own business.
Amanda
Lacked the specificity I was seeking.
Brandy
Jul 01, 2012 Brandy marked it as to-read
Thank you Jason!
Pepon
Darien Morris
Darien Morris marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Kelly Ho
Kelly Ho marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Sheryl
Sheryl added it
Sep 10, 2014
AllInStride
AllInStride marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Thys
Thys marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Lisa Olynk
Lisa Olynk marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Michael Everhart
Michael Everhart marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Julian Patton
Julian Patton marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Jeroen
Jeroen marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Nikki Jay
Nikki Jay marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Johnny
Johnny is currently reading it
Aug 18, 2014
Jeff
Jeff marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Ravi Pandey
Ravi Pandey marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Peter
Peter added it
Aug 15, 2014
Nicolas Quijije
Nicolas Quijije marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
  • One Simple Idea: Turn Your Dreams Into a Licensing Goldmine While Letting Others Do the Work
  • The Toilet Paper Entrepreneur: The Tell-It-Like-It-Is Guide to Cleaning Up in Business, Even If You Are at the End of Your Roll
  • Getting Started in Consulting
  • Investing For Dummies
  • كيف تخطط لحياتك
  • Cashvertising: How to Use More than 100 Secrets of Ad-agency Psychology to Make Big Money Selling Anything to Anyone
  • Business Model You: A One-Page Method for Reinventing Your Career
  • The Startup Owner's Manual: The Step-By-Step Guide for Building a Great Company
  • Berkshire Hathaway Letters to Shareholders
  • Inbound Marketing: Get Found Using Google, Social Media, and Blogs
  • The Millionaire Fastlane: Crack the Code to Wealth and Live Rich for a Lifetime!
  • Making a Living Without a Job: Winning Ways for Creating Work That You Love
  • The Joy of Simple Living: Over 1,500 Simple Ways to Make Your Life Easy and Content-- At Home and At Work
  • The Intelligent Entrepreneur: How Three Harvard Business School Graduates Learned the 10 Rules of Successful Entrepreneurship
  • العمل الجماعى
  • The Accounting Game : Basic Accounting Fresh from the Lemonade Stand
  • Rich Dad's Before You Quit Your Job: 10 Real-Life Lessons Every Entrepreneur Should Know About Building a Multimillion-Dollar Business (Rich Dad's (Paperback))
  • Life After College: The Complete Guide to Getting What You Want
Start Your Own Blogging Business: Generate Income from Advertisers, Subscribers, Merchandising and More Start Your Own Arts and Crafts Business: Retail, Carts and Kiosks, Craft Shows, Street Fairs Start Your Own Personal Concierge Service: Your Step-By-Step Guide to Success How to Start a Business in Colorado [With CDROM] The Power of Loyalty: 10 Essential Steps to Build a Successful Customer Loyalty Strategy