Start by marking “Start Your Own Business” as Want to Read:
Start Your Own Business

Start Your Own Business

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  112 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Tap into more than 30 years of small business expertise as you embark on the most game-changing journey of your life ? your new business. This unmatched guide - the best-selling business startup book of all time - offers critical startup essentials and a current, comprehensive view of what it takes to survive the crucial first three years, giving your exactly what you need ...more
Published October 10th 2010 by Entrepreneur Press (first published August 31st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Start Your Own Business, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Start Your Own Business

Joseph Moskie
I skipped a few sections of this book, specifically ones that focused on things such as inventory management, or working with industrial suppliers and manufacturers, because those sort of things weren't relevant to the business I intend to start.

The rest of the book is well written and insightful. The margins are littered with inspirational quotes from historical entrepreneurs, which pushed me to read the book even faster. All of the lessons were well crafted. The "callout boxes" to very specifi
Jennifer Burke
A reference book to return to over and over during the process of starting your business, or thinking of starting one. Good, basic, solid and covers nearly all you need to know of the general aspects of start-up, from experts at start-ups and business writing.

I read, and re-read, this book over the course of 10 months of start-up work for my own business. And I might go back and pick a few nuggets out again as I need them. Since I got a steal of a deal on this as a Kindle book, it's been a must
Rastoman
medical health product
Mike
Pretty boring read, but covers a lot of good ground, and I guess it's as riveting as you can expect from a book designed to explain how to launch a production company (or business in general).
Erik Similkier
Covers every single aspect you'll face from start up all the way down to an exit strategy, this book walks you through it all! I read the entire thing cover to cover while on deployment.
Christina Hanchett
This book walked me through Steps A to Z in creating my business. Business classes or other resources are not needed. This book is the Bible of Entrepreneurship.
Hashim Al-Zain
Very good read that will expose the reader to things that are easily overlooked in the process of establishing a new business or even a growing one for that matter.
Thomas
Great book on starting a business. Very thorough. It provides a lot of information without boring you and making you want to put it down.
Book Lovers (Regina Foo)
Very comprehensive for new entrepreneur who wish to start their own business.
Amanda
Lacked the specificity I was seeking.
Brandy
Jul 01, 2012 Brandy marked it as to-read
Thank you Jason!
Pepon
Mahy Shams
Mahy Shams marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Mojahid Elhaj
Mojahid Elhaj marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Samer Serag
Samer Serag marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
DEAUNTRE
DEAUNTRE marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Leila
Leila marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Saosao
Saosao marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
Jessica Thornton
Jessica Thornton marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Izzy Lopes
Izzy Lopes marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Misha
Misha marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Lewaa
Lewaa is currently reading it
Mar 06, 2015
Mostafa
Mostafa marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Ivan
Ivan added it
Mar 03, 2015
  • One Simple Idea: Turn Your Dreams Into a Licensing Goldmine While Letting Others Do the Work
  • The Consulting Bible: Everything You Need to Know to Create and Expand a Seven-Figure Consulting Practice
  • The Toilet Paper Entrepreneur: The Tell-It-Like-It-Is Guide to Cleaning Up in Business, Even If You Are at the End of Your Roll
  • Free Marketing: 101 Low and No-Cost Ways to Grow Your Business, Online and Off
  • Business Model You: A One-Page Method for Reinventing Your Career
  • The Entrepreneur Equation: Evaluating the Realities, Risks, and Rewards of Having Your Own Business
  • Pick Me: Breaking Into Advertising and Staying There
  • Small Time Operator: How to Start Your Own Business, Keep Your Books, Pay Your Taxes & Stay Out of Trouble (Small Time Operator: How to Start Your Own ... Keep Yourbooks, Pay Your Taxes, & Stay Ou)
  • Cashvertising: How to Use More than 100 Secrets of Ad-agency Psychology to Make Big Money Selling Anything to Anyone
  • Financial Statements: A Step-by-step Guide to Understanding and Creating Financial Reports
  • Small Business for Dummies
  • Making a Living Without a Job: Winning Ways for Creating Work That You Love
  • كيف تخطط لحياتك
  • The Startup Owner's Manual: The Step-By-Step Guide for Building a Great Company
  • Borderline Personality Disorder for Dummies
  • The Joy of Simple Living: Over 1,500 Simple Ways to Make Your Life Easy and Content-- At Home and At Work
  • Patent It Yourself, 12th Edition
  • Inbound Marketing: Get Found Using Google, Social Media, and Blogs
Start Your Own Blogging Business: Generate Income from Advertisers, Subscribers, Merchandising and More Start Your Own Personal Concierge Service: Your Step-By-Step Guide to Success Start Your Own Arts and Crafts Business: Retail, Carts and Kiosks, Craft Shows, Street Fairs Start Your Own Blogging Business (StartUp Series) The Power of Loyalty: 10 Essential Steps to Build a Successful Customer Loyalty Strategy