Start by marking “42: La respuesta de Pensamiento Profundo a la vida, al Universo y a todo” as Want to Read:
42: La respuesta de Pensamiento Profundo a la vida, al Universo y a todo

42: La respuesta de Pensamiento Profundo a la vida, al Universo y a todo

En la divertida novela de Douglas Adams Guía del autoestopista galáctico, el superordenador Pensamiento Profundo da como respuesta a la vida, el Universo y a todo la lacónica respuesta «42». Tomando este pasaje como pretexto, y a partir de cuarenta y dos frases y aforismos de que provienen desde la poesía al cine, Mark Vernon nos regala este agudo y entretenidísimo libro c ...more
Published 2010 by Alianza Editorial (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about 42, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 42

LKM
Feb 09, 2015 LKM rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abandoned
I feel very special at being the first one to rate this book a one star.

...

Not really.
The quotations were cool The "brilliant observations" were not (they were also not particularly 'brilliant' in my opinion). Too bad, because I really wanted to like this book.
I guess I'm the only one who expected more (fun) out of something with that title. And, you know, the part where it claimed to be "easy and fun to read"...
It was easy, it wasn't fun. I got bored, I moved on.

Either philosophy books aren'
Ti
Jun 22, 2011 Ti rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm not a philosopher. For most of my life I've read philosophy because I had to not because I want to. So, when I picked up this book and started reading, it was a revelation to find myself liking it and, even better, wanting to re-read Plato, Aristoteles and all this other thinkers I read by force in high school and in college.
Here is a thought book. A book that can be read fast but should be digested with calm and time. Is a well done food for the mind and could generate a series of serious
umberto
Sep 28, 2014 umberto rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: philosophy, humor
Classified as ‘Philosophy/Humor’ at the back cover and inspired by Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, this 42-quotation “Deep Thought on Life, the Universe, and Everything” by Mark Vernon would be, I think, delightfully and light-heartedly read by those interested in his ways of looking at what philosophy has to say about life by means of writing a few pages to narrate/argue on each quotation. For instance, No. 34 ‘A person’s character is their fate.’ (Heraclitus) covering about th ...more
H Wesselius
Jul 26, 2011 H Wesselius rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Intellectual bathroom reading. The 42 short essays focus on similar themes -- happiness, friendship, knowledge, and the limits of all. Socratic ignorance is praised. The last essay on passionate agnosticism summarizes his views -- know your limits, never commit to the point of the irrational. A good read that can be read again in any order.
Henriette
Sep 11, 2010 Henriette rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a series of (most of them) interesting essays about everyday issues. The title is a clever reference to the "big question about life, the Universe and everything". Everyone who has read "The hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy" is familiar with this question as well as the answer to it.
Lua Limaverde
Uma ótima introdução a Filosofia. Bem superficial pra quem já entrou em contato com a maioria dos filósofos comentados pelo autor, mas no geral o livro traz boas discussões sobre felicidade, cotidiano, trabalho, amizade, ecologia, espiritualidade e morte.
Saravana Kumar
Apr 10, 2016 Saravana Kumar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderfully written and deep thoughts indeed. Some topics in more than necessary detail while few are too brief. But overall a very refreshing read and thought provoking indeed.
Eric Kalnins
Oct 13, 2014 Eric Kalnins rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Delightfully accessible read for some one not honed in philosophy. Loved the connections that were made helped knit the text together.
Holly
Feb 07, 2010 Holly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
very good way to introduce yourself to philosophy in a light hearted way whilst approaching some deep complex issues... i flew through this in no time
Jennifer Sien
Jennifer Sien rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2016
Ali Khan
Ali Khan rated it it was ok
Jan 18, 2015
Kharm
Kharm rated it it was ok
Aug 03, 2009
Andrias
Andrias rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2012
Karenina Ruskova
Karenina Ruskova rated it liked it
Mar 13, 2013
Ian Warr
Ian Warr rated it it was ok
Apr 25, 2016
Tugba Isik
Tugba Isik rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2014
Muhammed Türk
Muhammed Türk rated it it was ok
Dec 20, 2013
Marc
Marc rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2012
Eda Alpay
Eda Alpay rated it liked it
May 20, 2013
Daniel
Daniel rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2012
Kibiwot Allan Sawe
Kibiwot Allan Sawe rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2012
Razvan C. Rotaru
Razvan C. Rotaru rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2014
Danielle
Danielle rated it really liked it
Nov 22, 2016
Rebekah Charles
Rebekah Charles rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2015
Bugra Gencay
Bugra Gencay rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2012
Gia Shmia
Gia Shmia rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2012
Nicu Grosan
Nicu Grosan rated it really liked it
Jun 06, 2012
Imran Imran
Imran Imran rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2013
Anna Sowinska
Anna Sowinska rated it it was amazing
May 31, 2016
Damien
Damien rated it liked it
Apr 16, 2014