Start by marking “What Happened to Larry Alan?” as Want to Read:
What Happened to Larry Alan?

What Happened to Larry Alan? (2011 Daily Dose)

3.93  ·  Rating Details  ·  109 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Part of the First Time For Everything Daily Dose 2011 collection

Judson Heart, like all of us, has some regrets. Not his job: he writes for a daily newspaper. Maybe his introspection: he eats lunch alone. Definitely his timing: he hasn’t had much luck in the love department. With his ten-year reunion approaching, those regrets intensify as he begins to recall a turbulent fi
Published June 1st 2011 by Dreamspinner Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about What Happened to Larry Alan?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Happened to Larry Alan?

Hot Head by Damon SuedeThe Locker Room by Amy LaneCaught Running by Madeleine UrbanKeeping Promise Rock by Amy LaneA Fostered Love by Cameron Dane
Childhood Friends Become Gay Lovers
47th out of 240 books — 396 voters
Hot Head by Damon SuedeBear, Otter, and the Kid by T.J. KluneThe Locker Room by Amy LaneDivide & Conquer by Abigail RouxBetween Sinners and Saints by Marie Sexton
Best M/M Romance Published in 2011
239th out of 506 books — 1,018 voters

More lists with this book...

Ami
Jun 27, 2011 Ami rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-short-stories
This is a very good story. A retrospective on what one can do differently. How one act of kindness and understanding can help other person and change the course of your life (and your loved ones) to the better. As it happens to Jud, a 28-year old reporter who has a second chance to save a kid's life from bullying, while also gives a different future to his own life, and the first boy he ever kissed.

Very well-done, packs a punch, while touching the subject of bullying in school. RECOMMENDED!
Vio
Oct 08, 2011 Vio rated it it was amazing
Fabulous short story about what could have been if only you could go back and change things. I was pretty much twisted in knots all tense with anticipation as I read through all the possible scenarios, waiting for a happy resolution. I loved it, a different take on life, beautiful and thought provoking romance.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
It's official. Dawn Kimberly Johnson is an auto-buy for me now.
All of her books have a gentle way of getting the story told, of getting a point across without hitting you over the head with it.
This one is about bullying, about changing the world, about small things changing lives, second chances and friends.
I think if everyone just tried to be nice to someone who really needs it, to make someone's day better, how awesome would that be? You might never know what one good deed, or a kindness chan
Serena Yates
Jun 29, 2011 Serena Yates rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay
I really liked this story about a man who gets to revisit his past. The regret Jud carries about something (and the tension as to what that is carried me nicely through the first part of te story) is palpable. He faces his past with bravery and, in good fantasy/fairy tale tradition, his reward is worth it.

If you like a bit of mystery, reading about bullies things the way they should be and have wondered about what happened to some of the people in your past, you will probably like this story.
R.J.
Jul 31, 2011 R.J. rated it it was amazing
I don't very often review books but sometimes a book stays with me for so long that I have to tell people. This is one of those books. A lyrical look at choices made in the past. And then the chances to change those choices to affect the future. It isn't a long book; it is part of one of those Dreamspinner daily doses collections.

Get a coffee and curl up somewhere quiet and enjoy this book with is exquisitely written.

I can not recommend it enough...
Tailtiu
Nov 06, 2013 Tailtiu rated it really liked it
Recommended to Tailtiu by: Vio

whow...thanks for the ride
Lacey
Not only was this just a really good story, but I think it's a great example of the way a shorter story should be written. Nothing was superfluous, and we still got all of the detail we needed. The only thing that I thought of at the end was (view spoiler) ...more
CrabbyPatty
I love this story of second chances. Judson goes back in time and relives a few weeks when he was a high school senior, and he has the opportunity to stop bullying and right a wrong that affects so many people's lives. Short but eloquent.
Arthur
Jun 14, 2011 Arthur rated it it was amazing
A really good story about what could have happened if a person did things differently.
Eli Easton
Feb 10, 2013 Eli Easton rated it really liked it
I got this story as part of Dreamspinner's Daily Dose from last year and finally read it. It's a bit of a hard one to rate. It's really more of a fantasy story than a romance. The main MC, Jud, works as a reporter and finds himself interviewing his old high school flame (aka MC #2) who is in prison, and whose golden life went downhill after this one, shattering incident in high school. Jud gets the chance to go back in time to 'fix it'.

The plot structure and symbolism were handled deftly (I lik
Leaundra
Jun 02, 2011 Leaundra rated it it was amazing
Wow I loved it! and I'm not giving anything away. It's one of those books that if I say one thing it will spoil it for you. It has a great great message. Highly recommended!!
Sadonna
Jun 25, 2011 Sadonna rated it really liked it
Shelves: pdf, mm
Chris
Jun 04, 2011 Chris rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, gay, done, 2011, ebook
Excellent m/m romance about a guy who gets hit in the head with a soccer ball and has a chance to change some pivotal events from his past.
Tam
Jul 06, 2011 Tam rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, other-paranormal
The story begins with Jud’s interactions with an odd stranger at lunch. The man makes reference to the past and regrets, but Jud shrugs it off. However an encounter with another elderly man, who is equally cryptic, makes him wonder what’s going on. Jud is a bit of a normal guy, loves his job as a newspaper reporter, but I got the impression is a bit of a geek.

He’s assigned the story of local boy gone bad, and is sent to interview the man in prison. He soon realizes it is Tucker, who was his best
Heather C
Jan 17, 2015 Heather C rated it really liked it
Recommended to Heather C by: Mandy*reads obsessively*
I was so confused in the beginning that it took me bit to get into the story. But once I got to that “ah-ha” moment I was hooked! In the end, very nice story that put a huge smile on my face!
Amanda

This story was a bit...odd. There's more to it than whats written, I had to think about it for a while before I understood the story.
Hearts On Fire Reviews

Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hearts...
Melora
Jan 06, 2014 Melora rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, read-in-2011
- Great, would highly recommend.
(view spoiler)
CB
Feb 04, 2015 CB rated it it was amazing
Shelves: misc-book
What an interesting short story and characters! The author really saw the whole twist all the way through and I could not put the book down!
Meggie
Jun 27, 2011 Meggie rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Wow, this story was something else, intriguing and partly sad. Everything turned out just fine, past changed and future, too. It was great!
Zuyuan
Aug 14, 2011 Zuyuan rated it it was amazing
Great story. In it' compact size said many big things but didn't felt force. Beautiful, warm-heart story that very outstanding.
OkayKim
Jul 31, 2011 OkayKim rated it it was amazing
This was an outstanding story!!!!!
A highly recommended read *****
Luka Yu
Nov 19, 2013 Luka Yu rated it it was amazing
Yuck! Ugly Alien!
Pam
Pam rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2016
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2016
A
A marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
Sarah Henry
Sarah Henry rated it liked it
Feb 14, 2016
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
  • Letting Go
  • Rinse and Repeat (Repeater, #1)
  • Talk To Me
  • The Prayer Waltz
  • Glitter
  • Letting Go
  • Baited
  • Back to Normal
  • Cherries on Top
  • Snow Globe (Heartwarming)
  • Butterfly Hunter (Butterfly Hunter #1)
  • The Best Ever
  • Brandon's Laughter
  • Happy Birthday to Me (Task Force Iota #2.5)
  • Imperfect
  • Go Fish
  • Enigma (Russ Morgan Mystery #1)
  • Nail Polish and Feathers (Deep Secrets and Hope, #1)
Dawn lives in Huntington, West Virginia, and graduated from the W. Page Pitt School of Journalism & Mass Communications at Marshall University. An avid reader and storyteller since childhood, she was first published by Dreamspinner Press in 2009, shortly after discovering a delightful appetite for gay romantic fiction. Her interests include writing, seeking full civil rights for the LGBTQ comm ...more
More about Dawn Kimberly Johnson...

2011 Daily Dose (1 - 10 of 30 books)
  • 11:57
  • Any Closer
  • Assurance
  • Beneath Me
  • Between Friends
  • Chasing Alex
  • Cherries on Top
  • Chicago
  • City of Gold (City of... #1)
  • Crossroads in Blood (Partnership in Blood, #5)