Start by marking “What Happened to Larry Alan?” as Want to Read:
What Happened to Larry Alan?

What Happened to Larry Alan? (2011 Daily Dose)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  91 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Part of the First Time For Everything Daily Dose 2011 collection

Judson Heart, like all of us, has some regrets. Not his job: he writes for a daily newspaper. Maybe his introspection: he eats lunch alone. Definitely his timing: he hasn’t had much luck in the love department. With his ten-year reunion approaching, those regrets intensify as he begins to recall a turbulent fi
Published June 1st 2011 by Dreamspinner Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about What Happened to Larry Alan?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Happened to Larry Alan?

Hot Head by Damon SuedeThe Locker Room by Amy LaneCaught Running by Madeleine UrbanKeeping Promise Rock by Amy LaneA Fostered Love by Cameron Dane
Childhood Friends Become Gay Lovers
43rd out of 184 books — 313 voters
Hot Head by Damon SuedeBear, Otter, and the Kid by T.J. KluneThe Locker Room by Amy LaneDivide & Conquer by Abigail RouxBetween Sinners and Saints by Marie Sexton
Best M/M Romance Published in 2011
235th out of 503 books — 985 voters

More lists with this book...

Ami
This is a very good story. A retrospective on what one can do differently. How one act of kindness and understanding can help other person and change the course of your life (and your loved ones) to the better. As it happens to Jud, a 28-year old reporter who has a second chance to save a kid's life from bullying, while also gives a different future to his own life, and the first boy he ever kissed.

Very well-done, packs a punch, while touching the subject of bullying in school. RECOMMENDED!
Vio
Fabulous short story about what could have been if only you could go back and change things. I was pretty much twisted in knots all tense with anticipation as I read through all the possible scenarios, waiting for a happy resolution. I loved it, a different take on life, beautiful and thought provoking romance.
Tailtiu
Nov 06, 2013 Tailtiu rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Tailtiu by: Vio

whow...thanks for the ride
Mandy*reads obsessively*
It's official. Dawn Kimberly Johnson is an auto-buy for me now.
All of her books have a gentle way of getting the story told, of getting a point across without hitting you over the head with it.
This one is about bullying, about changing the world, about small things changing lives, second chances and friends.
I think if everyone just tried to be nice to someone who really needs it, to make someone's day better, how awesome would that be? You might never know what one good deed, or a kindness chan
Serena Yates
I really liked this story about a man who gets to revisit his past. The regret Jud carries about something (and the tension as to what that is carried me nicely through the first part of te story) is palpable. He faces his past with bravery and, in good fantasy/fairy tale tradition, his reward is worth it.

If you like a bit of mystery, reading about bullies things the way they should be and have wondered about what happened to some of the people in your past, you will probably like this story.
R.J.
I don't very often review books but sometimes a book stays with me for so long that I have to tell people. This is one of those books. A lyrical look at choices made in the past. And then the chances to change those choices to affect the future. It isn't a long book; it is part of one of those Dreamspinner daily doses collections.

Get a coffee and curl up somewhere quiet and enjoy this book with is exquisitely written.

I can not recommend it enough...
Lacey
Not only was this just a really good story, but I think it's a great example of the way a shorter story should be written. Nothing was superfluous, and we still got all of the detail we needed. The only thing that I thought of at the end was (view spoiler) ...more
Eli Easton
I got this story as part of Dreamspinner's Daily Dose from last year and finally read it. It's a bit of a hard one to rate. It's really more of a fantasy story than a romance. The main MC, Jud, works as a reporter and finds himself interviewing his old high school flame (aka MC #2) who is in prison, and whose golden life went downhill after this one, shattering incident in high school. Jud gets the chance to go back in time to 'fix it'.

The plot structure and symbolism were handled deftly (I lik
Leaundra
Wow I loved it! and I'm not giving anything away. It's one of those books that if I say one thing it will spoil it for you. It has a great great message. Highly recommended!!
Arthur
A really good story about what could have happened if a person did things differently.
Tam
The story begins with Jud’s interactions with an odd stranger at lunch. The man makes reference to the past and regrets, but Jud shrugs it off. However an encounter with another elderly man, who is equally cryptic, makes him wonder what’s going on. Jud is a bit of a normal guy, loves his job as a newspaper reporter, but I got the impression is a bit of a geek.

He’s assigned the story of local boy gone bad, and is sent to interview the man in prison. He soon realizes it is Tucker, who was his best
Sadonna
Jun 25, 2011 Sadonna rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: pdf, mm
Amanda

This story was a bit...odd. There's more to it than whats written, I had to think about it for a while before I understood the story.
Chris
Excellent m/m romance about a guy who gets hit in the head with a soccer ball and has a chance to change some pivotal events from his past.
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: Mandy
Genre: M/M Contemporary
5 Hearts

See Review Here: Hearts On Fire Reviews
Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hearts...
Melora
★★★★½ - Great, would highly recommend.
(view spoiler)
Meggie
Wow, this story was something else, intriguing and partly sad. Everything turned out just fine, past changed and future, too. It was great!
Zuyuan
Great story. In it' compact size said many big things but didn't felt force. Beautiful, warm-heart story that very outstanding.
OkayKim
This was an outstanding story!!!!!
A highly recommended read *****
Luka Yu
Yuck! Ugly Alien!
Kim
Kim added it
Dec 17, 2014
Arlyn
Arlyn marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
David
David added it
Dec 01, 2014
Jade
Jade marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Donna
Donna added it
Oct 18, 2014
Nicola
Nicola marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Hploy
Hploy marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Letting Go
  • Rinse and Repeat
  • Letting Go
  • Cherries on Top
  • Happy Birthday to Me (Task Force Iota, #2.5)
  • The Prayer Waltz
  • Butterfly Hunter (Butterfly Hunter #1)
  • Baited
  • Snow Globe (Heartwarming)
  • Go Fish
  • Friday Night Jamie
  • The Tin Box
  • Wishink Well (Petit Morts #10)
  • Chasing Alex
  • Batteries Not Included
  • Glitter
  • Brandon's Laughter
  • Shawn's Voice
Dawn lives in Huntington, West Virginia, and graduated from the W. Page Pitt School of Journalism & Mass Communications at Marshall University. An avid reader and storyteller since childhood, she was first published by Dreamspinner Press in 2009, shortly after discovering a delightful appetite for gay romantic fiction. Her professional experience includes eight years as a copy editor at The Ch ...more
More about Dawn Kimberly Johnson...
Broken (Broken #1) Home (Broken #2) Audible Winter Rescue Biting the Christmas Biscuit (Broken #1.5)