Start by marking “In the Cards” as Want to Read:
In the Cards

In the Cards

3.81  ·  Rating Details  ·  16 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
One desperate writer, one hot cowboy, silk scarves, and sexy scenarios; it's all In the Cards.

Alexandrea Taylor writes historical fiction, not erotica. She can't even think the word…um…p-e-n-i-s. But she wishes she could. When her editor wants her to write a story about a cowboy and a bordello using a pack of sex-aid cards, she fantasizes about buying her dream home. Excep
Published (first published May 5th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about In the Cards, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the Cards

Dahlia (yadkny)
Jul 26, 2011 Dahlia (yadkny) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Erotic Romance Lovers
Settled in a relationship of convenience with a cheating jerk, Alex hasn't yet fully accepted that her ex-fiancé is just that – an ex. Now in the midst of a romance writer's convention with her personal life in shambles, there is only one man that can come to Alex's rescue. He's the man she bases all of her book hero's on and the same man she's been half in love with all her life. Too bad he's on the friend list.

Zach's friendship with Alex is the most important relationship with a woman he's ev
Lynsey
I was really intrigued by this book and I loved the idea. Parts of this were great but I was really put off by the use of so much slang. That probably sounds a bit crazy but I found it very distracting.

Overall, I liked the characters but I struggled to understand why these two had not got together before; how they could just fall into bed as if on a whim; and why-oh-why Alex would have been with Tim in the first place. I understand this is a short story, but I have read lots of short stories tha
Habrewer
Sep 03, 2011 Habrewer rated it really liked it
In the Cards by Cynthia Selwyn
* I received a copy of this book from Breathless Press in exchange for an honest review*

Alex is at a weekend romance writer’s convention where her best friend Zach is putting on a special workshop for the writers. They have been best friends since they were in school. She is the only one that treats him like a person rather than an object.

She is having problems with her boyfriend and now her editor has asked her to come up with an outline for a historotica and she
Laurielu Bona Fide Reflections
Jul 24, 2011 Laurielu Bona Fide Reflections rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Over 18; very strong sexual content
Complete review to be posted on Coffee Beans & Love Scenes.
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2015
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Sarinity
Sarinity marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Siobhan
Siobhan marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Katie
Katie rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2014
Nizanna Saafir
Nizanna Saafir rated it liked it
Jun 08, 2013
Tanya
Tanya rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2013
Texas
Texas marked it as to-read
May 23, 2013
Danela
Danela rated it really liked it
May 20, 2013
Glaeuil
Glaeuil marked it as to-read
May 20, 2013
Shh I'm reading!
Shh I'm reading! marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2013
Pamela
Pamela rated it really liked it
Nov 29, 2012
Jollychick
Jollychick rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2012
yolandeen
yolandeen rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2012
Moira Keith
Moira Keith marked it as to-read
May 28, 2012
Mandy
Mandy marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2012
Elaine
Elaine marked it as to-read
Roxanne2
Roxanne2 marked it as to-read
Sheryl
Sheryl rated it really liked it
Cynthia
Cynthia rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2011
Bonnie
Bonnie rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2011
April Dawn
April Dawn rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2011
Jenn
Jenn marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2011
April
April marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2011
Kerry
Kerry marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2011
Jeanne S.
Jeanne S. rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2011
A trapped-at-home mom of three, freelance fiction editor and romance writer, Cynthia Selwyn has been married to the same man for seventeen years. If there's anything she knows about relationships, it's that humor can keep the love alive (or at least on life-support).

She’s a lifelong resident of Rhode Island; anyone who lives there can tell you it’s like a black hole—the gravitational force is too
More about Cynthia Selwyn...