The Fall of Lucas Kendrick

The Fall of Lucas Kendrick (Hagen Series #5)

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  356 ratings  ·  29 reviews

Published October 25th 2011 by Bantam (first published December 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about The Fall of Lucas Kendrick, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fall of Lucas Kendrick

Marcia Berg Haskell
"New York Times bestselling author Kay Hooper blends intrigue and romance in this classic tale of love lost and found—as an undercover agent recruits the woman he abandoned for a dangerous assignment.

Kyle Griffon has done more than flirt with danger over the past ten years; she’s embraced it with careless abandon. The rebel daughter of a powerful family, she’s walked on the wild side of everything from car racing to hang gliding—anything to fill the emptiness left by the man who loved and left h...more
Jami Dutcher
The Fall of Lucas Kendrick is book 5 in the Kay Hooper Hagan Series. I am in love with this series. The characters are all fun and exciting and their stories are filled with romance and intrigue. I definitely recommend this series for all Kay Hooper romance fans. Each book can be read alone but is best enjoyed if you read the books in order.
Sheri
I've been reading the Bishop series, which I love, and am backtracking through some previous books. Lucas here was a easy light read, giving a couple hours of enjoyment with a mystery to solve. Nothing really outstanding, but not bad either.
Paraphrodite
At least in this book the H/H knew each other from 10 years ago so it was instantaneous love as it was with the previous books. I didn't like the narration though.
A. Jones
The romance was nice, but the intrigue lacked a little something; I just wasn't that interested.
Michele Varljen
I just finished reading this book.
Cferjani
Lucas and Kyle
Antoinette the Book Junkie
Hagen finally gets something right. Was he really trying to or was it a mistake that turned out right? I am not real sure on that one yet. Hagen conspire to place Lucas back in the life of a past love to get a job done, but what he has done turns out to be more valued. This is a confrontation that was much needed for them both. One thing left me wondering and that is what is/was the Princess' secret/trick.

Hooper makes headway in her Hagen series on to the next in the series.
Vivian
Fast romance read, albeit predictable and formulaic.
I didn't realize this book was in a series, so I will have to read the first 3 books. The story was ok, I enjoy kay hooper, but you can tell that this was some of her first works. I enjoy her most recent books far more. So of this is your first kay hooper book, I encourage you to read some of her more recent publications.
Ying
I was after a crime/mystery novel but either misread the blurb or they completely botched the cover (or both).

In any case, this was an ok book but way too much romance and not at all realistic. I couldn't help but be incredulous at the soppiness of the story and the average quality of the writing.
Maryann
This was an earlier book of an author that I've enjoyed reading. Her later series are stronger on the crime end and a bit less sappy on the romance part of the story. It was a quick read, but I think I'd recommend her later stuff (i.e. Bishop books) more.
Patricia
This book was very good. It's a quick (want to read it fast) story. Kay Hooper never lets her readers down. This book is the third in a series. I didn't realize that until I had finished the story. It still stands on its own. Great story.
Jane Drager
Kay Hooper always writes well. The story was good, believable...but I have difficulty with long chapters. There are 285 pages in this book and only 9 chapters. That's 32 pages per chapter. I like breaking between chapters not in the middle.
Angela Proctor-fries
I guess I need to step away from this series. I found myself completely bored with it and found that it was just as predictable as the first 2 I have read.. I will finish this series, it just may take some time.
Brianna Elsass
Good action for a romance novel... I mean action, old flings admitting they never stopped loving each other, and a group of kick ass crime fighting rich friends... Right out of real life.... Almost
Aparna
This was the only Kay Hooper book that I found disappointing..This book was a romance but the story lacked any real intrigue/twists though the book was positioned as a romantic thriller.
Rebekkila
Jan 13, 2012 Rebekkila marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Stephanie Konrade
Not a mystery...a romance. I kept waiting for the mystery to become more important to the story. Did not match the cover summary.
Lisa Currier
Lame. I really like the Bishop and Quinn series. But this was not up to those standards at all. First time this author had disappointed.
Randy Holmberg
Quick and easy read. Not the best or the worst of the Hagen series. I will say this series has become very formulaic though.
Lacy
Terrible. The cover says it all. I got duped into thinking it would be a mystery, but it was far from it. Que terrible!
Brittany

Short, interesting, not entirely realistic, but I would recommend for anyone who is a classic Hooper fan
Shirley
Will not read any of the others in this series. Too much romance, not enough mystery. Just skimmed to get to the end.
Shandare
Classic 1908s romance. Fun, light - its a hoot to read 'alpha' characters before the term became so over-used!
Donna
I love this series by Kay Hooper. It is such a fun read. Lighter than her Bishop series.
Terri
Very shallow plot & little character development
Frances
Love Kay Hooper!! Her new and her old!!
Nancy
Nancy added it
Sep 12, 2014
Goodreads Librari...: Please add Narrator to Audiobook 3 163 Feb 14, 2014 02:58PM
  • A Weapon Of Opportunity
  • The Bronzed Hawk (Loveswept, #27)
  • Conner's Wolf (Supernatural Bonds, #6)
  • Tropical Heat (T-FLAC, #11.5)
  • Urban Shaman
  • The Rosary
  • Betrayal (Bella Terra Deception, #3)
  • Ghosts and Flames
  • Soft Focus
  • Infamous
  • The Night Shift
  • Big Cypress Crossroads
Kay Hooper was born in California, in an air force base hospital since her father was stationed there at the time. The family moved back to North Carolina shortly afterward, so she was raised and went to school there.
The oldest of three children, Kay has a brother two years younger and a sister seven years younger. Her father and brother are builders who own a highly respected construction compan...more
More about Kay Hooper...
Whisper of Evil (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #5) Stealing Shadows (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #1) Blood Ties (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #12) Hunting Fear (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #7) Out of the Shadows (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #3)