Start by marking “Diaphanous ” as Want to Read:
Diaphanous

Diaphanous

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  7 reviews
They seemed to have the perfect family until Mitch disappeared. The police think he abandoned his family, Loretta and Mitch's brother, Ted, think something terrible happened to him. Ted begins to dig into his brother's disappearance and the deeper he goes, the more sinister the mystery becomes. What they discover is something even beyond their wildest imagination...We are ...more
Paperback, First, 91 pages
Published 2011

To ask other readers questions about Diaphanous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Diaphanous

Nick Cato
What seems like a missing persons tale quickly develops into an old-school creature feature in this nifty collaboration. I always have a hard time reviewing these short tales without giving too much away, but suffice it to say the sense of impending doom the authors create between the worried characters creates a tension that'll have you buzzing through this in no time.

It's no easy task to pull off a monster story without a little bit of camp creeping in, but Booth and Riley have done it...and i
Glen Krisch
Great monster bug horror page-turner. My only questions is, when is the sequel coming out?
Vicki
This book was very generously given to me as an "extra" when I won The Flesh of Fallen Angels" on Goodreads.

This is the kind of story that, if it were a movie, I wouldn't be able to watch! I have to give the authors credit for creeping me out with the graphic details of this horror "flick." If your genre is horror, and you love Alfred Hitchcock (for those who remember him), you will love this novella.

At the end of the book there is a tease to a new book they have coming out (or possibly is now
John Grover
A Horror hit!

Diaphanous is a novella full of suspense and dread. It lures you in and traps you in a web of horror. Roy Booth and R. Thomas Riley spin a tale with a retro vibe of 60's sci-fi/horror. Who didn't grow up loving those movies? The writing is tight and the pace just right. I enjoyed reading their collaboration of creature horror.
Trax
A mysterious disappearance leads to an even more mysterious revelation. I liked it. In the beginning I wondered where it was going, which is good...then (spoiler alert) things started getting a bit entomological in an arachnid type fashion, which is even better. Unless you are tasked with the removal of such creatures.
Brian Woods
I started reading this story and thought to myself, no big deal. After about 10 pages in, I was intrigued to see what happens next. Every time I thought I knew where the story was going, it twisted toward something else. If you want an "Edge of Your Seat" read, this is it!
Jennifer Woodford
A retro-style horror novella, twisted and creepy. Great campfire read.
Shelly  Olmstead
Shelly Olmstead marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
David Quackenbush
David Quackenbush marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Shane Dougall
Shane Dougall marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Angie
Angie marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2014
Pierre
Pierre marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2014
Bubba Joe
Bubba Joe marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2013
Traci Floyd
Traci Floyd marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2012
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2012
R. Riley
Jul 31, 2012 R. Riley added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Rod
Rod marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2012
Ryan Zimmerman Carstairs
Ryan Zimmerman Carstairs marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2012
Kris Croenne
Kris Croenne marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2012
Randy Harmelink
Randy Harmelink marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2012
Em
Em added it
Feb 09, 2012
Jan
Jan added it
Jan 30, 2012
Davi (Tales of Suruale, #1) Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Man-Made Vacuum Theatre of the Macabre Cythe (Tales of Suruale #2) A Werecat's Journal: First Life