Start by marking “True Blood, Volume 2: Tainted Love” as Want to Read:
True Blood, Volume 2: Tainted Love

True Blood, Volume 2: Tainted Love (True Blood Comics #2)

Hoyt, the human boyfriend of Jessica, tries to do a good deed... and it doesn't go unpunished Hoyt notices that Jessica has been staring at a poster for a local prom night, which leads him to romantically scheme to throw a surprise one for her at Merlotte's (with the help of friends Sookie, Sam and Tara). Unfortunately, things go awry when the Jessica is drinks a bit much ...more
Published October 11th 2011 by IDW Publishing (first published September 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about True Blood, Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about True Blood, Volume 2

Ebony *LilKoalaBooks*
3.5 stars. I enjoyed the storyline in this one but the art threw me off a bit. Like others reviewers mentioned, the art is very different from the first volume. That was one of the things I enjoyed most about the first volume was that the characters looked so much like the actors and actresses that played them in the show and it really felt like I was reliving the TV show in graphic novel form but the character drawings in this volume didn't really resemble the characters all that much. If you l ...more
Karen
Oct 14, 2015 Karen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015, graphic-novel
oh you just love sookie even more..
Ashley
Feb 26, 2016 Ashley rated it liked it
Joe Corroney's artwork for this volume differs greatly from the artwork done by David Messina in True Blood All Together Now. That may or may not be a good thing. Whereas the art in volume one had a photo-shopped look to it, at least the characters looked like their TV counterparts. This was not really the case with volume two. The faces changed from panel-to-panel at times and some of the facial drawings looked nothing like the actors that portray the same characters, at all, ever. Hoyt was the ...more
usagi ☆ミ
I enjoyed the first volume of “True Blood” comics, surprisingly enough. Going into it, I was inwardly groaning and hoping that they’d be good, and they were. The volume I received was the first issue out of this entire volume, and was a lovely bite into an old world that was much like coming home. The prom plotline was cute, and it’s good to see that in some ways, at least, “True Blood” is staying true to its literary origins.

I think the closest the comic stayed to the original “Sookie Stackhous
Patricia
It has been months, several, since I have read this graphic novel and most I recall is that I did not like this at all. Good thing is that I read it when I wrote little recaps for myself. (OCDish behaviour does have its advantages!)

Let's make a list! I love lists, and I think I should make a list for this..

1. I did not enjoy the art. The lines are too bold, the colors too muddy. I love Mangas, but the typical comics somehow never managed to get my attention. This Graphic Novel did not even have
Nicole
Aug 01, 2011 Nicole rated it liked it
Shelves: nook, arc
Though I've only seen a few episodes of the tv show, I think this comic series is better than the books and a closer fit than the books.
One of my complaints, though, is that in the 38 pages, about 10 pages were of ads in the edition I was given to review. While I understand that IDW has some fantastic things in the works, it seemed like the ad space in this edition was a lot more than similar titles by the company.
I did like that it ended as a cliffhanger. But I didn't get the whole 160 pages a
Mikael Kuoppala
Mar 07, 2013 Mikael Kuoppala rated it liked it
Sometimes television series get so caught up in their often excellent story arcs that some of the crucial exploration of the world they present is left to the media tie-in fiction. Such is the situation between the TV-series "True Blood" and this graphic novel "Tainted Love" based on the show. The fact that in the universe of the series the product True Blood is the only way keeping vampires from killing humans has been used as a strategic plot element in more recent series, but "Tainted Love" d ...more
Katie
Jun 24, 2011 Katie rated it liked it
Ah, "True Blood" in comic book form. It's been a long time since I've read a comic book versus a graphic novel. I'd forgotten how fun they are. "True Blood" truly follows the spirit of comics as well as the book/television series.

I raced through this one thinking that it was longer than it was, and I was harshly disappointed when it came to an end, with a cliffhanger no less!

It's smart, funny, the art isn't horrible, and it's a good addition to the "True Blood" universe.

I would recommend this co
Sonja Isaacson
Feb 21, 2012 Sonja Isaacson rated it liked it
I think I like Marc Andreyko. I should look into more of his work. I liked this one better than Vol. 1 even though I feel like I was missing something at the end. That seems to be a theme as I'm writing things up tonight. I'm blaming my cold that I can't concentrate on story endings. Anyway, getting some back-story on characters isn't a bad way to integrate an extra story into a series.

So Lu and I went to literacy night at her school and one of the activites was to make a bookcover. This was th
78sunny
Sep 07, 2014 78sunny rated it it was amazing
Diese Graphic Novel hat mir wieder sehr gut gefallen. Die Charaktere sehen denen der Serie sehr, sehr ähnlich, was mir gefällt. Die Stories sind neu, also nicht identisch mit der Serie. Außerdem kann man die Graphic Novels auch wild durcheinander lesen, da die Stories immer abgeschlossen sind und man die anderen Geschichten nicht kennen muss, um sie zu verstehen.
Der Zeichenstil ist wirklich gut und die Farbwahl sehr angenehm. Durch das Hardcover und die relativ dicken, glänzenden Seiten wirkt a
Allie
Sep 19, 2012 Allie rated it really liked it
This second graphic novel was SO MUCH BETTER than the first. I really loved the storyline and we learned some really interesting facts that hadn't been delved into on the show, the biggest being what happened to Jessica just before she was captured for Bill to turn her. That was awesome to know!
The storyline this time also read like the show--someone had tainted the Tru Blood supply with a crazy contaminant that caused the vampires who drank it to go cray cray faced.
The characters sounded true-
Kaitie Cakes
Jul 09, 2015 Kaitie Cakes rated it it was ok
Yodamom
Jun 30, 2011 Yodamom rated it it was amazing
Not to be missed for the True Blood fan. The drawings are similar to the cast in the TV series and the story stays closer to the book. The best of both worlds. The back ground was detailed and colored with perfection.

It is dark and creepy and Bill is down right scary looking, think evil dark stalker. I don't care for him so it worked for me. Jessica, and Sookie get to have a prom. It's sweet and you know somethings going to happen....

Don't dismiss these as being just comics !
Alexa
Oct 03, 2012 Alexa rated it liked it
Not a bad addition to the True Blood graphic novel franchise, but not as character driven as the first one and not as exciting as the third one. It had an interesting premise of the Trueblood being tainted and affecting Jessica, but it never felt like Jessica or the rest of the characters were in real danger. Also, how the blood was tainted was a bit confusing. Not my favorite of the Trueblood comics, but worth a read.
Angie
Jun 18, 2011 Angie rated it really liked it
This graphic novel is more on the side of the TV show than the novels. It uses the same story, the same characters and the appearance of the actors. The sketches are so good that you can't mistake one for another, and recognize them at first glance. It's astonishing! I really appreciate it, but what pleased me the most, was the fact that they used a new script, and I had the pleasure to discover an exclusive plot.
William
Jun 09, 2013 William rated it liked it
Second collection that ties into the television series and books before it, but seems to try to tell a story on its own. Being an outsider to the franchise, I'd say this will probably appeal more to the fans who already love it. I find myself wondering where a good vampire hunter is when you need one... though I did like the artistic style.
Harriet
Jun 23, 2012 Harriet rated it liked it
eComic (Comixology) Action-packed story about Jessica, who goes on a rampage after drinking infected Tru-Blood. While Sookie and the scrummy Eric seek an antidote, Bill and the others fight to stop Jessica from causing too much destruction. Best panel? Eric carrying Sookie as he takes flight a la Superman. :)
Amy
Dec 08, 2013 Amy rated it liked it
The first volume I found much better (I'd give that one a 3.5 rather than a 3 if I could). This one is more of a solid 3. Jessica and Hoyt's relationship never interested me as much as Jessica is a character is not from the book series. I liked how this story tied into the TV shows series though, becoming a "backstory" for her character.
Leslie
Jan 02, 2015 Leslie rated it liked it
After reading volume one all together now I almost didn't bother to read this one, I'm really glad I did though. It was actually a good story. The art work was better as well.

Read for my book riot read harder 2015 challenge in the graphic novel, graphic memoir, or collection of comics of any kind category
Christine
Nov 01, 2011 Christine rated it liked it
Shelves: adult, own-it
For a second storyline attempt, it's better than the first. I feel like they're :almost: there in making it as good as the television show. Of course, they have a limited number of pages to work with, but I'm holding out hope that the next volume will be good. Especially since it's set in New Orleans and features more Eric and Sookie. (Yay!)
Melissa
Jan 03, 2012 Melissa rated it it was amazing
I thought this series was much better than the first one. It was a much stronger plot and, as it clearly took place between seasons 3 and 4 of the show, partially answered one lingering question the show presented last season. As always, the illustrations were quite good - I'm always impressed how they capture the actors/actresses so that even background characters are easily recognizable.
Matej
Sep 29, 2014 Matej rated it liked it
This volume is a bit more interesting than the first one. The writing is a bit better, and the characters are truer to their TV show versions. The plot is pretty fun, and it is a standalone installment that can be enjoyed without reading the first volume.
The art does not start that good, but gradually gets better throughout the book.
All in all, a fun read for most of the fans of the TV show.
Alisa
Feb 04, 2012 Alisa rated it liked it
This one was better than the last one. The plot was a bit stronger, liked the idea and Hoyt is just too cute for words. AAAAHhhhhhhhhh...... Eric.... ;o)

Shorter than the first one which was disappointing but it was a quick fun read when I should have been shelving books at work..lol..
Tim Greeley
Fun Graphic Novel series in the world of Sookie Stackhouse,created by Charlene Harris. Alan Ball, the creator of the Fabulous HBO Series, True Blood, has done a wonderful job in creating this Graphic Novel series. The stories are different from the TV series, but still lots of fun.
Jeremy Stephens
Jan 03, 2012 Jeremy Stephens rated it liked it
Shelves: books-of-2012
This was okay but nothing overly spectacular. While volume one of the True Blood graphic novels provided a lot of interesting back story and greatly contributed to the series, this volume was merely a semi-interesting episode which was originally spread out over six issues.
Rachel
Jul 11, 2014 Rachel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novel
I love True Blood (the show and the book series), however, I did not like the comics. And the main reason (besides some recycled items from the show) is the art. It just looks to weird, and I just don't like it. I won't be picking up the rest of the bind ups.
Stephanie Krause
Sep 23, 2011 Stephanie Krause rated it really liked it
Better than the first one! I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the 3rd and 4th in the graphic novel collection.
pea
Jan 27, 2012 pea rated it it was amazing
I eat this shit up like candy. I can't help it!

lafayette, pam, and eric will always my favourites.
arlene will always make me want fist fight her for being so absurd.
Jessie Radford
Mar 30, 2013 Jessie Radford rated it really liked it
In this one you really get to see things from Jessica's point of view. Plus you get to see the events that lead up to her be tangled up with the vampires to start with.
Roxanna
Jun 25, 2012 Roxanna rated it liked it
More fun than the show.
  • True Blood, Volume 3: The French Quarter
  • True Blood, Volume 4: Where Were You?
  • True Blood: All Together Now (True Blood Comics, #1)
  • Coffin Hill Vol. 2: Dark Endeavors
  • Soulless: The Manga, Vol. 3
  • The Dubious Salvation of Jack V.: A Novel
  • Star Trek: Ongoing, Volume 1
  • The Twisted Kiss (Doomsyear, #1)
  • The Element Encyclopedia of Vampires
  • A Taste of True Blood: The Fangbanger's Guide
  • 30 Days of Night, Vol. 5: Three Tales
  • Women of Letters: Reviving The Lost Art of Correspondence
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: On Your Own (Season 9, #2)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Vol. 5
  • The Stand: Hardcases
  • Charlaine Harris' Grave Sight Part 1 (Grave Sight Graphic Novel, #1)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Retreat (Season 8, #6)
  • Silent Hill: Three Bloody Tales
19806
Marc Andreyko is a comic book and screenplay writer, best known for writing the 2000s ongoing series Manhunter for DC Comics.
More about Marc Andreyko...

True Blood Comics (6 books)
  • True Blood: All Together Now (True Blood Comics, #1)
  • True Blood, Volume 3: The French Quarter
  • True Blood, Volume 4: Where Were You?
  • True Blood, Volume 5: Shake for Me