Start by marking “Arisa, Vol. 06 (Arisa, #6)” as Want to Read:
Arisa, Vol. 06 (Arisa, #6)

Arisa, Vol. 06 (Arisa #6)

FRIEND OR ENEMY?!

Shizuka, confined to a wheelchair, blames her misfortune on Arisa. Will she seek revenge using the King's cell phone? Can Tsubasa defend Arisa against Shizuka, and get the information about the King? Or does the King have something far more sinister in store?
Published January 17th 2012 by Del Rey (first published December 6th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Arisa, Vol. 06, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Arisa, Vol. 06

Timothy Stone
Nov 07, 2014 Timothy Stone rated it really liked it
Uehara Tsubasa's quest to find the infamous "King" who has caused so much trouble for her sister, Arisa, and others, continues in this sixth volume of the series.

It's been a hectic few weeks for Tsubasa as she attempts to unravel the mystery of the mystery figure that has taken control of the Class 2B at Arisa's school. Whoever he or she is (in Japan, the use of the word King is gender-neutral, so it could be either gender), they have successfully turned the entire class into fanatically loyal s
Sesana
Feb 01, 2013 Sesana rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, comics
I'm really glad that this volume explained why the twins were separated to begin with. I'm still surprised that everybody seems to be so matter-of-fact about the girls' parents pulling a Parent Trap with them. I don't know if this sort of thing (separating twins so completely that they haven't seen each other at all in three years) is more common in Japan, or if Japanese readers also had to take it with a hefty grain of salt.

I've gotten invested in the mystery of who the King is and why he/she i
Mar 06, 2016 Sarah rated it really liked it
4 Stars for Arisa volume 6!

The Plot and the Thoughts

Ugh, god...I'm really starting to think that captain obvious is the King. I believe I mentioned him a few reviews back. Why? Well because all of the current suspects haven't been around so how the hell could they be the King? Hoping that I'm wrong though...please let me be wrong.

Tsubasa randomly (okay, maybe not randomly)kidnaps Shizuka to take her to a BBQ party with herself and her friends. Shizuka is initially really happy because all these
Judy (Geeky Reading)
Mar 03, 2012 Judy (Geeky Reading) rated it liked it
Shelves: own
Jamie
Aug 19, 2012 Jamie rated it really liked it
Shelves: 12th-grade-books
Tsubasa kidnaps Shizuka and takes her to a BBQ party with her and her friends. When Shizuka wakes up, she is really happy because all these people wanted to be her friend. Everyone was trying to help Shizuka become involved and they were teaching other how to do certain things. Everything was okay until Shizuka started questioning their intentions. She didn't want them to pity her and this enraged her. She wheels herself away and Tsubasa goes after Shizuka to try to stop her. Tsubasa attempts to ...more
Mike
Jul 20, 2013 Mike rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Arisa is a multiple layered story with mystery elements. I highly recommend starting at the beginning and reading in order.

** This review contains no spoilers for Arisa 6 but will of course have them for previous volumes. **

Shizuka took center stage in volume 5 with three of the chosen phones and a long standing grudge against Arisa. To complicate matters Tsubasa is becoming friends with Shizuka as herself while having to face the girl's wrath when posing as Arisa. The King isn't letting up, but
Miss
Feb 13, 2012 Miss rated it liked it
Theresa ♫
Nov 01, 2013 Theresa ♫ rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Answer yes to "DO YOU WATCH PRETTY LITTLE LIARS EVERY WEEK?" when this book at local library/store
Well I have to say that this king is . . . .

(*scratches chin)

MYSTERIOUS.

It's gonna have that spin. It's gonna have that spin where one of the very main characters will be the King and everything will get messed up and it will literally tear out your soul . . . your whole heart and your whole SOUL and it'll just take everything away and you'll just feel nothing inside if you keep reading this series...

I'M KIDDING!!!! This is a great series! Just like the Pretty Little Liars stuff, but animefied a
Luna
May 23, 2016 Luna rated it liked it
Series Rating: 3.5Stars (first few volumes are 4 Stars)

I read this series in one sitting, which is quite telling in itself. However I will say now that the story does lag a bit after a few volumes and loses something of the great set up it had at the beginning. That said, the author Natsumi Ando is good at ending chapters/volumes with cliff-hangers. So you get to the end of one book and immediately want to pick up the next one. (Case in point – me.)

The art is excellent and was part of the reason
Charmaine
Jul 04, 2012 Charmaine rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
This book is the BEST one in the series so far! It was so scary that I actually made scared noises while I was reading some parts! We still don't know who the king is but Tsubasa is getting even closer - the tension is REALLY mounting. The bonus story was really cute, too. It was even more special because there are fireworks in the story, and while I was reading I could hear actual fireworks outside because it's independence day/4th of July where I live. :-) It's hard to wait for the next volume ...more
Mikaela
Apr 22, 2015 Mikaela rated it it was amazing
Lara
Mar 28, 2012 Lara rated it really liked it
The theme of this volume seems to be friendship--it focuses a lot on Tsubasa's attempts to help Shizuka to focus more on enjoying being friends with people than on her desire for revenge, and there's a story as well about Tsubasa and Arisa as kids, just before their parents' divorce and subsequent separation. I liked this one a lot and am definitely looking forward to the next volume!
ranne
Sep 25, 2014 ranne rated it liked it
3.5 - Because I fail as a reader and Ou-sama has actually been revealed a couple of volumes back. Perhaps it's the absence of the element of surprise that made that particular revelation forgetful. I'm trying not to do any further reflection of the past chapters because no matter what I do, that particular scene holds nothing but meh to me.
Rachael Graham
Jul 09, 2013 Rachael Graham rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
A bit different from your average shojo with elements of mystery, suspense and LOTS of twists. Good fun.
Dolores
Mar 26, 2012 Dolores rated it really liked it
How many kids are in this class anyway? Grr. I'm enjoying this series, but I'm beginning to wish it would get to the point...
Kristine Hansen
Dec 05, 2013 Kristine Hansen rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Some of Tsubasa's solutions are a little too simplistic, but give the girl points for trying. I almost cried at the story of the twins from years ago.
AlysaLazzarini
AlysaLazzarini rated it it was ok
Oct 13, 2014
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
Sep 21, 2012
Gabrielle Leano
Gabrielle Leano rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2014
Yang-Ha Kim
Yang-Ha Kim rated it really liked it
Nov 14, 2013
Jane Xu
Jane Xu rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2014
Jacqui Geisel
Jacqui Geisel rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2013
James
James rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2013
Danielle
Danielle rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2013
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Sep 28, 2013
Bianca Aguirre
Bianca Aguirre rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2012
Ashleigh
Ashleigh rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2016
Elina
Elina rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2015
  • Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, Vol. 5
  • Kiss/Hug, Vol. 03
  • Kilala Princess, Vol. 01
  • From Far Away, Vol. 14
  • Moe Kare!!, Vol. 05
  • Stepping on Roses, Volume 6
  • Barajou no Kiss, Vol. 03 (Barajou no Kiss, #3)
  • The Limit, 1
  • The Earl and The Fairy, Volume 03
  • Kieli, Vol. 2
  • A Devil and Her Love Song, Vol. 10 (A Devil and Her Love Song, #10)
安藤なつみ, Andō Natsumi is a Japanese manga artist. She is best known for Zodiac P.I. as well as Kitchen Princess, for which she won the Kodansha Manga Award for children's manga in 2006.

Favorites: Donald Duck
Favourite manga: Ossu! Ichijin and Kimagure Orange Road
Favourites: meats and fruits
Hobbies: shopping, reading and watching TV
More about Natsumi Ando...

Arisa (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Arisa, Vol. 01 (Arisa, #1)
  • Arisa, Vol. 02 (Arisa, #2)
  • Arisa, Vol. 03 (Arisa, #3)
  • Arisa, Vol. 04 (Arisa, #4)
  • Arisa, Vol. 05 (Arisa, #5)
  • Arisa, Vol. 07 (Arisa, #7)
  • Arisa, Vol. 08 (Arisa, #8)
  • Arisa, Vol. 09 (Arisa, #9)
  • Arisa, Vol. 10 (Arisa, #10)
  • Arisa, Vol. 11 (Arisa, #11)