William and Catherine

William and Catherine

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  243 ratings  ·  42 reviews
Andrew Morton, well-connected British royal biographer and the author of Diana: Her True Story, is writing a new book about Diana's son Prince William and his soon-to-be wife, Kate Middleton. This is THE book for any Royalwatcher or anyone captivated by this real-life fairytale. It will tell the couple's story from when they met at university eight years ago through to the...more
Published May 12th 2011 by Hachette Australia

To ask other readers questions about William and Catherine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about William and Catherine

Lisa James
Because I read his book on Diana, & because I am a self admitted hopeless romantic, I bought this one on sale :) It's full of little known tidbits about the royal family, about their family backgrounds, school experiences, etc. It's also chock full of photos over the years, including birth & marriage certificates, wedding photos from past to present, etc. It's an enchanting read, one that made me smile. Well done, easy to read, with some humor thrown in, definitely not stuffy :)
Samantha
I was disappointed with this book by Andrew Morton. I had read his Diana: Her Words book some time ago and found it to be a fascinating portrait of Princess Diana. When I saw William and Catherine: A Royal Wedding was coming out I was hoping that it would be an equal portrait of William and his bride, Catherine. However it was definitely lacking. It's mostly a picture book. It has pictures on almost every page and nothing but pictures for about the last 10 pages of the 224 page book. I was looki...more
Mallory
Morton’s story of William and Catherine contains several beautiful photos of the couple, the Queen, and Kate’s family that are not very well known, their wedding certificates, and popular photos too. He seems to borrow from Claudia Joseph’s “Kate: The making of a princess” for his chapter on the background of Kate’s childhood since a lot of genealogical facts from the Goldsmiths are sited. However, Morton is more successful at making it read like a story, compared to Joseph’s genealogical essay....more
Lesa Parnham
I'm obsessed with the Royal Family so this was one for me. This was written by Andrew Morton, the official Diana Autobiographer. It had beautiful pictures, too much about Diana (poor Kate) and left me hoping that he really loves her

This review is from the 20 year old girl who woke up early to see a beautiful girl the same age as she marry a prince--who became the 50 year old woman who MADE all three of her daughters stay home and watch as another beautiful girl became a princess and perhaps a Qu...more
Swera83
I’m really into Royalties & Celebrities. I love reading about them specially those fairytales with pictures & let me assure you this book is full of interesting PICTURES.

It talks about the upbringing of William in the Palace , how Diana took care of her boys in her own way not caring about the Royal family. She didn’t want her boys to be stiff like stones without feelings, she didn;t want to raise them like that so she took good care of them. It also talk about the paparazzi, how it lead...more
Rachael Hewison
I do enjoy a royal biography and was given this as a birthday present. I was suitably impressed by the gorgeous pictures which adorn every page, in particular the wedding photos which were in stunning colours. I was not so impressed with the writing.
Because of the sheer number of pictures, it reads more as a photographic guide to the couple, rather than a story. Morton does attempt to keep his work chronological but at times is rather all over the place, particularly when trying to explain the f...more
Shoshanah
Almost two years ago I was dying to read one of the newly published books on Will & Kate. I decided on Christopher Andersen's version, and hated it. The whole thing felt so gossip-y and I hated how the couple was referred to as Babykins and Big Willie over and over again. It left a bitter taste in my mouth and left me hesitant to try any of the others. If only instead I had picked up Andrew Morton's version instead.

This is the Will & Kate book I was looking for! To start with the entire...more
Allyson
All I needed to do was replace any mention of Catherine/Kate Middleton with my own name to understand how the story was REALLY supposed to turn out.

*sigh*

Kathleen Payne
This is a type of book I'd pick up at a book store, skim through the pictures and enjoy and never consider purchasing. Our local library had a copy of it on the new books shelf and I immediately picked it up to take home and enjoy. Enjoy I did! I am not a royal "groopie" but I do enjoy seeing the beauty of the English royalty. (Coming from an Irish girl, that is quite a statement!) When I watch the royal wedding on T.V. I commented to myself, "this is a true son of Princess Dianne, she BROKE the...more
Aldafan
A friend gave it to me for Christmas. A fun read, I guess, a bit gossipy. But the pictures are great!
Amanda
A great read, if you are interested in the history of William and Catherine. There are, some very great pictures through out the book.
Kim
A lovely survey of the royal couple's lives. William's life has been well-documented over the years, and Morton does well in giving us a summary of his life, but I was far more interested in Catherine's background, as well as that of her family. Very enlightening.

The pictures -- of which there are hundreds -- were also very well-chosen, especially those of the wedding. I watched that event live, and I recognized practically every moment that was put into the book.

A great book for those wanting t...more
Tiffany Day
Morton, who broke ground with his revealing work with Princess Diana, provides few shockers here. It covers the couple, focusing much more on the Prince, from youth through the wedding. While the book treads old ground and provides little in terms of insight on the couple [or either member of it] it is full of beautiful pictures of the subjects. Approach as more of a photo-journal and be happy with it. Nonetheless, for those interested, it is worth the quick read.
Amy
love the pictures! may God bless them both.
Erin
My coworkers expressed surprise that I would check out this book, but I'll admit it... I have a certain fascination with these two.

The book consists of the stories of William and Catherine from birth to the wedding interspersed with lots of glossy pictures of them growing up, spending time together, and a concluding chapter on the wedding. No surprises here, and anyone who's note a Will & Kate fan will probably find it rather dull.
Liz
Sep 20, 2011 Liz rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: william and catherine fans
Recommended to Liz by: self
Shelves: non-fiction
This was a very easy to read book with a ton of pictures. The book tells about the upbringing of both william and catherine all the up through their college years. It was very interesting to learn how much the press would interfere in william's life and his girlfriends over the years. Fortunately, for both of them, Catherine stayed strong and got her man regardless of the media.
Traci
The pictures are interesting to look at, the reading, not so much. I started out reading, but after awhile, I was just skimming. If you are looking for interesting pics of the bride and groom in their younger years, and pictures of the wedding, this is the book for you! I thought it was also interesting reading about Kate's family and her background.
Amanda
A lot of gorgeous pictures of William and Kate through the years but not much to offer in the text for Royal followers. I was hoping for a bit more insight from Morton as I had quite enjoyed his book on Diana! Quite a few pictures I hadn't seen before and I did like the section on Kate's family, which I didn't know much about.

Jan Polep
Well, I'm a sucker for the British Royals and the pictures in this book are stunning. The author has covered Princess Diana and her family forever but who knows if the text is true or not. It is what it is...a quick read about a couple of beautiful kids who hopefully will live happily ever after.
Corazi
This was a bookclub choice and a bit more tabloidish than my normal preference, but overall was better than expected. The pictures were nice break to the life stories of two people that really haven't done anything noteworthy except be born to privilege and royalty otherwise who honestly cares?
Staci
A lovely mix of pictures and written word about what is undoubtedly the most famous couple in the world. The author is famous for his biography of William's mother, Diana, and if that book is anywhere as good as this one it is a well deserved fame.
Ruby
lots of great, interesting information on Britain's new royal couple. lots of great pictures.

the only thing sad about it is that Diana did not live to see William find and marry his Kate. i think she would have liked her daughter-in-law.
Haley
I enjoyed the light-hearted, yet still informative feel about this book. His alternating pictures and text also enhanced the reading experience. All in all, a fun read for a royal watcher.
Sara
I admit it I just checked this book out of the library to look at the pictures of Kate. I wanted to see her clothes, and possibly reassure myself that she doesn't measure up to Diana yet.
Beth
So, so lovely! I have to admit that I was actually tearing up and sniffing at the wedding pictures!

Very comprehensive and stuffed full of pictures, this was a delight to read.
Lindsay
Did you really think I'd give this anything but 5 stars? :)

Love the back and forth between the separate lives of Will and Kate, and then they finally come together!
Jeanna
I wasn't impressed with this book. I think I was hoping for more of a "fairytale" type of story, but realistically this isn't it.
Kori
I enjoyed this. There were a few tidbits of information I hadn't seen elsewhere, and the abundant color photos were fun to browse.
It was exactly what I was expecting so I don't know why I was so disappointed. Maybe I'm just over the whole thing now....
  • The Making of a Royal Romance: William, Kate, and Harry--A Look Behind the Palace Walls
  • William and Kate: A Royal Love Story
  • The Real Elizabeth: An Intimate Portrait of Queen Elizabeth II
  • Diana
  • Diana: Story of a Princess
  • A Royal Duty
  • Grant's Final Victory: Ulysses S. Grant's Heroic Last Year
  • Prince Philip: The Turbulent Early Life of the Man Who Married Queen Elizabeth II
  • The Ring and the Crown: A History of Royal Weddings 1066-2011
  • Everything About Me Is Fake... and I'm Perfect
  • The Queen Mother: The Official Biography
  • Forever Liesl
  • The Art Of Men (I Prefer Mine Al Dente)
  • The Last Princess: The Devoted Life of Queen Victoria's Youngest Daughter
  • Henry: Virtuous Prince
  • Paranormal State: My Journey into the Unknown
  • Go Big or Go Home: Taking Risks in Life, Love, and Tattooing
  • 100 Unforgettable Dresses
Andrew David Morton (born 1953) is one of the world's best-known biographers and a leading authority on modern celebrity. His groundbreaking biography Diana: Her True Story was a #1 New York Times bestseller, as was Monica's Story, an authorized biography of Monica Lewinsky, and Tom Cruise: An Unauthorized Biography. The winner of numerous awards, including Author of the Year, his other New York T...more
More about Andrew Morton...
Diana: Her True Story in Her Own Words Tom Cruise: An Unauthorized Biography Angelina: An Unauthorized Biography Diana: Her New Life Madonna