Start by marking “Reaver (Lords of Deliverance, #5; Demonica, #10)” as Want to Read:
Reaver  (Lords of Deliverance, #5; Demonica, #10)
Read Excerpt

Reaver (Lords of Deliverance #5)

4.42 of 5 stars 4.42  ·  rating details  ·  6,763 ratings  ·  697 reviews

Reaver is an angel with a past, a record, and a less-than-heavenly attitude. Powerful enough to fight alongside the fiercest battle angels-and crazy enough to risk his wings on a one-way mission to hell-he's agreed to go where no angel has ever gone steal the most seductive and dangerous prize of Satan himself.

Harvester is one of t
Mass Market Paperback, 383 pages
Published December 17th 2013 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about Reaver, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reaver

Mal {Waiting for Immortal}
Sneak peek:

“Fucking idiot.”

Reaver stared at Eidolon, Underworld General Hospital’s head doctor. “I was going to go with ‘fool.’ Also, only a fucking idiot would call an angel a fucking idiot."

Alex is The Romance Fox
Reaver is the 5th book in Larissa Ione’s Lords of Deliverance series, a fabulous spinoff of her just as fantastic Demonica Series.
 photo original_you-were-always-the-one-print_zpsea0e57e8.jpg

The book opens with a short prologue that gives us a glimpse of Reaver & Harvester’s lives as angels in Heaven. They have no memories of the connection they had all those thousands of years ago.

Reaver once a Fallen Angel has been “upgraded” to full angel status has become the good watcher of the Horsemen of the Apocalypse, who he discovers are his children.
 photo reaver_by_larissa_ione_version_ii_by_zecuy-d5u95j6_zpscb72d7c1.jpg

Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽
Finally, the story of Reaver and Harvester ~or~ Yenrieth and Verrine.

• The whole best friends to enemies to lovers theme never gets old.

• I really liked Reaver a lot more in this book. I guess because we got to see a more gentler ~and~ loving side to him.

• It was great to see the sweeter side of Harvester too, but I still like her 'badassness'!

• Took a while for things to get going but when they did, it was good! I always like how the blood drinking amps things up!

• Yay...we got some
Brenda Starling
Nov 21, 2013 Brenda Starling rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
I received this book as an ARC in exchange for an honest review. Thank you again Larissa for this opportunity!

First and foremost I have to say that REAVER was well worth the long wait! From start to finish I stayed on the edge of my seat waiting on what happens next, and I was not disappointed. Larissa throws in surprise after surprise throughout the entire book. In fact there were a few jaw-dropping moments! There is something always going on, but not in a way that overwhelmed me.

Ah…Reaver… I
After waiting for over a year and a half...Reaver was O.K. just another book in this series.

2 August 2013-first things first...must whine about how much longer we have to wait- four more months to go, OH COME ON!!!! Can we get a break, a mulligan, perhaps graded on a curb...if 17 Dec 2013 = an 'A' and we want "Reaver" the book now--can we negotiate for a new availability date of 10 October 2013?...whine, whine, complain, complain...sigh!

** I have another prediction**
I think we'll find out
Lady Allison
Aug 24, 2012 Lady Allison marked it as to-read
Reaver finally gets a book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now to plot to get it released sooner...
Lkay ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5+ Stars!

Their relationship had been five thousand years in the making, and he wasn't about to let it go, now or later.

He'd hated her for so log, desired her at the same time, and it was time to stop the game of Ping-Pong they were both playing with their emotions.

Now that, my friends, is how you write a scorching hot PNR book.

I have been waiting for this book since we first met both Reaver and Harvester. Which each new LoD book I got more and more interested in their story. Then
Loved it!

“So,” he said, “you really think having archangels string you up by your halo is worth saving this Harvester chick?”

...“She saved the world.”

Wraith shrugged. “So did I, but I don’t see you offering up your holy ass to save me.”

“Are you suffering unspeakable horrors at the hands of Satan?”

“No,” Wraith said, “but sometimes I have to eat hospital cafeteria food.”

This series is funny and exciting. On to the next one.
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
I've waiting for this for ages and I wasn't disappointed. What a book... What a heroine Harvester proved herself to be... Wish I could say I loved Reaver as much as I would want to but that would be almost a lie. I'll explain later on.

Reaver was awesome. He was brave and just and honest and loving, he was everything a hero should be(maybe a little bit prejudiced but let's cut him some slack), by all means if that was all I would have fallen head over heels in love with him. But, and that's
Aaand cue Eurythmics:

I must be hallucinating
Watching Angels celebrating
Could this be activating
All my senses dislocating?

This must be a strange deception
By celestial intervention
Leaving me the recollection
Of your Heavenly connection

No one on earth could feel like this
Im thrown and overblown with bliss
There must be an Angel
And he's Playing with my heart...

I am officially making this my new Reaver theme;-) Because this might be a Demonica book, but it's just as much a book about angels against a
4.5 stars! I love Reaver :D

Before reading:

Dear Release Date, WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO FAR FAR FAR AWAY? I neeeed to read this book right now. Do you know that feeling you get when you just haaave to get something done because it'll irk you to death if you don't? Frustrating.

By the way, I adored the Demonica and Lords of Deliverance series. After reading them, I got that awkward yet highly depressing feeling of not knowing what I should read next (which is usually means that the bo
Reaver & Harvester?!?!?!?! YES, PLEASE!
“You’re right. We’re not normal. We’re the most fucked-up, star-crossed lovers in history.”

Finally! The twin mysteries of Reaver and Harvester are revealed, and Larissa Ione once again does it in sensational, action-packed, heart pounding style!

I really can’t say anything about the story because it’s going to be a HUGE spoiler if you haven’t read the previous books, but OH. HOLY, GOD! This book is non-stop action from start to finish – seriously, there is not a quiet moment, it’s all go from the
I was so excited about this book and I had a lot of expectations about it.
I'm so happy it met them.
I hate it that it was shorter than the other books though.
Just turned the last page and if you listen carefully, you can hear the sound of my breath being taken away.
This installment was so good. SO GOOD that I wanted to weep.

I had to re-read the book as I had to drop it for some buddy readings and if you know me well, I love BRs.
Now that I've read it without stopping, I think I can write up a justifiable review.

Ms. Ione does an excellent job of building up her characters and I think that with Reaver, she went above and
Jan 18, 2014 willaful rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of the previous books
(Reviewed from e-arc provided by NetGalley. This review necessarily contains spoilers for the previous books in the series. Also, though Ione does a great job of bringing reader back up to speed with the events of the last book, it works best if you've read them all.)

3 1/2 stars. Talk about your challenging heroines... we've hated the evil fallen angel Harvester through most of four previous books, only to finally discover that she was actually secretly working to prevent the apocalypse and prot
Neyra ♦

** If you haven't read Lethal Rider or Rogue Rider, proceed with caution, there are spoilers. **

Actual Rating: 4.5

There's a reason Larissa Ione is one of my favorite authors. Her stories drag you in from the beginning and her characters always make you fall in love because they elicit strong emotions out of you that you never saw coming.

Reaver's story has long been coming. Ever since he showed up in the Demonica series he's intrigued readers with his wild and wicked ways, despite being an ang
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog rating: A

The book opens with Harvester’s torture, and it’s not pretty. She’s being tortured by her father, Satan, and you can only imagine the things he’s doing. It would be more accurate to list the things he hasn’t done to her, but needless to say, she’s in a very bad place and is hanging on by a thread. She’s literally hanging by her fingers and is blind (her eyes were removed) and deaf (her eardrums shattered) when she’s rescued by the last man s
Initial Thoughts: Wow. Just wow! Reaver goes to Sheoul to rescue Harvester from eternal torture by her loving father Satan. This is one romp through almost every part of Hell and is full of every imaginable demonic beastie. There's also lots of cameos from our favorite demonic doctor Eidolon and of course, our four ponies and their families and pups. Full review to come closer to the release date.

The Review:
Throughout the Lords of Deliverance series, Reaver was one of my favorite characters. He
*First Reads winner*

I KNEW it!

Harvester, I knew there was more to you than just another demon-hearted fallen.

This book was predictable but in a good way if that makes sense. (view spoiler)

We of course have our favorite sarcastic demon family and our horsemen (and horsewoman) trying to help the horsedaddy w

I had a hard time rating this book.

One of the reason is that although I really like Reaver and his relationship with Harvester is interesting enough, my problem is that Reaver is a character that not only appears early in the Demonica series but also a lot of things happen to him since his first appearance. It's a problem for me because I have the feeling I would have enjoyed the book more if I had re-read both series before reading his story and my point is (even if I actually do a lot of re-r
Deea (Andreea)
OH WOW. I still need to process everything and the perfect awesomeness that was this book. Too many feels at the moment! My most favorite book and hero I have read in a very long time! I LOVED everything about it... The story, the heroes, the action, the banter, the smexy hotness, the revelations, the power, the all around badassery, the other characters.... And Reaver... *happy sigh* He is just too much. I need to read this again. (probably from book #1 to get over this book hangover).

“You we
Rating 3.25
I liked this book but that is the distinction I liked it and didn't love it. For me Reaver didn't deserve Harvester's forgiveness so easily but that is exactly what happened in this book. I liked seeing how these two had changed compared to who they used to be, there was obviously no going back but the HEA was so not satisfying for me. I must confess though I am squealing for the next book.
Lucy *Mrs Kaidan Rowe*
Oct 22, 2012 Lucy *Mrs Kaidan Rowe* marked it as to-read

Reaver is coming! :D

But I really hope that the "heroine" is not that Harvester bitch like people are saying!
it has a cover I'm ajsdkgl;a sjdgkl;aa????

You can see my review also here:

WOW!! Just… WOW! That was awesome! Definitely one of the best books that I’ve read this year!
I want to start my review saying that this book is not a typical paranormal romance. Of course, it has all the features of this genre but while reading it has a deeper meaning. Nothing is as it seems and no one is only good or bad but the actions define a person.

This is th
Reaver- sexy angel, semi-fallen angel, restored angel and... so much more as yet to be revealed- he's got a past he's all but forgotten, his memory wiped, his former named wiped from the world conscious as if he never existed. Yet he did exist as someone else and there's only one who remembers his former self.

The end of the Lords of Deliverance novels,(Lords of Deliverance who are actually the Four Horseman), brought about some wild revelations for Reaver, chief among them the heretofore forgott
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Originally reviewed at

Favorite Quote: His feelings for her were as complicated as the history between Heaven and Hell.

Some tiny spoilers from book four.

Reaver, father of the Four Horsemen and bad boy battle angel has a problem. He recently found out that Harvester, a fallen angel, isn’t the evil entity she has been acting like for thousands of years. She did not betray Heaven but was actually involved in a complex mission that required her to act as thoug
I really think the heroine is Harvester, otherwise known as Verrine. Anybody agree with me?
12-06-13- We have a synopsis!!!!! So happy and excited to read this story.
  • Dark Skye (Immortals After Dark #14)
  • Archangel's Legion (Guild Hunter, #6)
  • Shadowdance (Darkest London, #4)
  • Kinked (Elder Races, #6)
  • Beauty Awakened (Angels of the Dark, #2)
  • Avenging Angel (The Fallen, #4)
  • Rebel (The Fallen, #4)
  • Tempted (Eternal Guardians, #3)
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #12)
  • Guardian Demon (The Guardians, #8)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Larissa Ione penned her first novel at the age of 13 and hasn't stopped writing since. She has been a U.S. Air Force meteorologist, an EMT, and a professional dog trainer, and you never know when one of those interests will pop into her novels.

She lives a nomadic existence with her U.S. Coast Guard husband and son, so her writing career has been a bl
More about Larissa Ione...

Lords of Deliverance (6 books)
  • Eternal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #1, Demonica, #6)
  • Immortal Rider  (Lords of Deliverance, #2; Demonica, #7)
  • Lethal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #3; Demonica, #8)
  • Rogue Rider  (Lords of Deliverance #4; Demonica #9)
  • Revenant (Lords of Deliverance, #6; Demonica, #11)
Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) Passion Unleashed (Demonica, #3) Desire Unchained (Demonica, #2) Ecstasy Unveiled (Demonica, #4) Sin Undone (Demonica, #5)

“Reaver was about to go where angels feared to tread. He supposed that really did make him a—

“Fucking idiot.”

Reaver stared at Eidolon. “I was going to go with ‘fool.’ Also, only a fucking idiot would call an angel a fucking idiot."

The demon doctor stared back, his dark eyes glittering with gold flecks. “A fool would merely consider entering hell without a plan. Only a fucking idiot would be serious about waltzing into the Prince of Evil’s living room in the very center of hell to kidnap Satan’s little girl. Without a plan.”

“I have a plan,” he muttered.

Eidolon parked a tray of surgical tools next to the exam table Reaver was sitting on. “And your plan is?”

“Ah…it mostly involves sneaking in and sneaking out.”
“That's my girl," he murmured.

"I'm not your girl."

"Well," he said not bothering to hide his smile from her sightless eyes, "the good news is that the honey gave you back your sparkling personality."

"And the bad news?"

"The honey gave you back your sparkling personality.”