Start by marking “Look for Me (Tel Aviv Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Look for Me (Tel Aviv Trilogy, #2)

Look for Me (Tel Aviv Trilogy #2)

3.39 of 5 stars 3.39  ·  rating details  ·  150 ratings  ·  18 reviews
In a love story framed by the vivid realities of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, Edeet Ravel tenderly explores the complicated ways people connect when violence touches every aspect of their lives

Dana Hillman is a young Israeli woman whose humanity and passion for justice are obvious to all who meet her. On peace missions, she and other activists act as human shields in
Published August 24th 2004 by Random House of Canada (first published August 10th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Look for Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Look for Me

Shannon (Giraffe Days)
Eleven years ago Dana Hillman's husband caught fire and then disappeared. Dana, a photographer who joins the Israeli pro-Palestine activists at demonstrations in the occupied territories and writes trashy romance novels in secret to pay her bills, has never given up hope of seeing him again. Every year she pays for a full-page ad in the paper, a message to Daniel, saying she'll wait for him. She gives interviews about it, hoping he'll hear and know that she's waiting and that she doesn't care wh ...more
Miranda
I loved this book and read it one sitting. I didn't realize it was the 2nd book in a series until just now. It stands on it's own and is very poignant and relevant. I enjoyed the author's style with dialogue and slowly revealing her characters.

I found it insightful, educational and enjoyable. She has beautiful prose.
Steph
Didn't realize that this was the second book of a trilogy- guess I have to go read the other two now!
Mary
First & second in trilogy are excellent
Alison Morgan
My favourite in the trilogy.
Erica
Beautifully written...
Juliana
Debora Smith
Did not really like the first person singular - conversations seemed stilted and choppy. Found the setting, Gaza Strip, informative and timely. Liked the idea that Israelis were demonstrating pro-Palestinians - makes me hopeful of reconciliation in this area some day. Perhaps I should have read the first book in this trilogy first.
Louise Ellis
I also didn't realize this book was part of a series. I enjoyed reading it but think it may have had more impact on me if I had read the other books as well., which I am interested in doing.
Esil
I found the context for this book interesting--Israel seen primarily through the eyes of a character who does not support the settlements in Palestine. However, the story involving the main character and the search for her missing husband didn't work that well for me. I did not find the characters compelling and the narrator's voice and seeming naivety at times seemed silly. In fact, as I was reading her book, I remember that I had read the first book in this trilogy a few years ago and had a si ...more
Mandy
I enjoyed the book except that during the conversations that Dana was having you couldn't tell what mood she was in until the end when she's said something that means she's obviously upset, but there was no build up to it. However, her humanitarianism is wonderful and so I liked her very much, even if sometimes she did thinks that were completely stupid; and I don't think anyone in their right mind would actually do.
Sally
I think Ravel is a really great writer. Her secondary characters in this book are awesome and I liked her main character, Dana, much better than the main character in Ten Thousand Lovers. However, I found the ending was difficult to believe. Daniel's reasons for hiding didn't seem strong enough compared to the tragedy of Dana's waiting. But that is only a quibble.
Tina Siegel
Really enjoyed this book - the characters are wonderful and the writing is terrific. However, I'd like to have seen the second-string love story - which was the most interesting and poignant, to me - explored in more detail. As for the first-string love story, and the attendant climax - they're both irritating and unsatisfying, in the end.
Lymor
Not as good as the first, but an interesting storyline nonetheless. Not a page-turner though. I will read the 3rd just because I like the writing style and views about Israel from the author.
Elizabeth
I am currently reading and enjoying this. The character is quickly compelling. However, book losses steam as it continues, perhaps due to problematic dialogue.
Julia
I really really liked ten thousand lovers by this author but found this book hard to believe.
Camille Dy
I thought Rafi and Dana we'll be together. But oh well..
Roxanne
Roxanne marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Tina Lawrence
Tina Lawrence marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
France
France added it
Sep 19, 2014
Sinead
Sinead marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
  • An Audience of Chairs
  • Bang Crunch
  • The Matter With Morris
  • Motorcycles & Sweetgrass
  • Forgotten Voices of the Second World War: A New History of the Second World War in the Words of the Men and Women Who Were There
  • Where She Has Gone
  • Cereus Blooms at Night
  • The Underpainter
  • One Bird's Choice: A Year in the Life of an Overeducated, Underemployed Twenty-Something Who Moves Back Home
  • Luck
  • The Book of Small
  • The Friends of Meager Fortune
  • Season of Darkness (Detective Tom Tyler #1)
I spent my first seven years on Sasa, an Israeli kibbutz, and the next ten in Montreal. I returned to Jerusalem in 1973 to study at Hebrew University. I wrote continually as I accumulated degrees (a BA and MA in English, followed by an MA in Creative Writing and a PhD in Biblical Exegesis at McGill) and then taught, but I did not send out my work until I was in my forties; I had completed ten or s ...more
More about Edeet Ravel...
Ten Thousand Lovers (Tel Aviv Trilogy #1) Held A Wall of Light (Tel Aviv Trilogy #3) The Cat Your Sad Eyes And Unforgettable Mouth