Start by marking “Holy Bible: King James Study Bible” as Want to Read:
Holy Bible: King James Study Bible

Holy Bible: King James Study Bible

4.49  ·  Rating Details  ·  203 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews

The most comprehensive King James Version Study Bible published in 50 years, The King James Study Bible is now available in a personal size that's convenient and portable to take anywhere. The King James Study Bibleincludes2,000-plus pages packed with thousands of notes and commentaries from respected conservative scholars, anddoctrinal footnotes, personality profiles, ar

- Personal Size : Imitation Leather - Black & Red
Published (first published June 1st 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Holy Bible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Holy Bible

N. Griffin-lloyd
Feb 01, 2010 N. Griffin-lloyd rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Nobody
Recommended to N. Griffin-lloyd by: My mom
Total rubbish. It reads as though it were written by either someone with multiple personalities or by a committee. So many inconsistencies, not just spanning the volume, but I could find different versions of the same story just pages apart. While it's billed as a historical document, there are so many things in here that just don't have any evidence and are physically impossible. It's also marketed as a moral guide, but there are so many messed up things in here (genocide, anyone?) you'd be MUC ...more
Hillary
Jan 03, 2014 Hillary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am currently making my way through the Bible for the first time in my life. Having always been a believer, I thought this is be a book that would only apply to those who are believers. However, as I have been emerging myself deeper into it's contents, I realized this is a book for anyone. Proverbs is a book that caters to those who are interested in philosophy. The Psalms are for those who take interest in music or poetry. The Psalms contains some of the most beautiful poetry I have every read ...more
Gloria
Jan 06, 2009 Gloria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Top seller in the world....always timely and relevant. Any version is fine but I love the beauty of the King's James Version or New King James version in old English. I love the NIV or New American Standard versions just as well. Want to know God or why Jesus is the Savior, read the Bible, especially Matthew, Mark, Luke and John to get to know who Jesus is when He had his 3 year ministry in Israel 2000 years ago. Just to let you know, He is still alive. He rose on the third day and is ever-prese ...more
Kook's
Aug 13, 2008 Kook's rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Well, I've learned alot, and continue to learn. This is a book I will never learn all there is to learn from it. I believe it to be God's personal message and that it is unlike any other book. I find hope, healing, and comfort in its words. I also find direction and guidance as well. I am by no means a person who claims to know all there is to know about the bible. I do believe it's important to keep reading and studying God's word. I may not read it every single day, but am working toward that ...more
Nan
Dec 31, 2012 Nan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religion
I read it when I was Christian and I loved it. Now I just don't feel like it anymore and it looks like a silly book to me... I don't deny its literary properties, but I don't like it anymore. It'c childish and medieval.

PS. I read it thrice
Debbie
Jul 25, 2008 Debbie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
This is, of course, THE book in my life. I don't read it as I should, but I ALWAYS learn from it. This is THE book to read. Every one says that life didn't come with an instruction manuel, but that's wrong! The BIBLE is our instruction manuel.
Jim
Jan 28, 2010 Jim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Life's handbook. Easy to read, hard to apply its principles at times, but then again, I'm only human and a sinner. Instant connection with the author gives Hope and encouragement. Pride always gets in the way.
Suzan Pecyna
Feb 17, 2010 Suzan Pecyna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I learned how to live my life from this book and am learning every day. Regardless of your faith, it's a great read and a priceless work of literature.
Gail
Jul 01, 2009 Gail rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Gail by: God
Best book to draw strength from. Try to read it as much as possible. One book you can never get tired of.
Jeff Moore
Useful all of the time. Side by side comparisons help a lot.
Karla Gautreaux
Dec 28, 2010 Karla Gautreaux rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THE ONLY BOOK THAT YOU EVER NEED TO READ.
Well-steered
What I liked about it: The Song of Solomon is pretty good, what with it being a book of sex poems that somehow got into the mix. I also liked some of the bits about the crazy prophets and their bizarro tactics for getting people to believe that god was seriously mad again.

What I didn't like about it: It turns out that there are no annotated versions of the KJV published by mainstream publishing houses. There are annotated bibles put out by Oxford University Press, for example, but they use the N
Recy Dunn
Mar 17, 2014 Recy Dunn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am currently reading for the fourth time in the past 10 years. Each time there is something new that I missed or needs further clarifaction. A great book to read whether you are a believer or not.
Brian
Mar 27, 2015 Brian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: oblock
The greatest story ever told, although this version is incomplete compared to the number of books still in the Catholic Bible.
David Howell
May 04, 2014 David Howell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A classic Study Bible! The Best
Otto
Nov 09, 2013 Otto rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
Wonderfully helpful. This study bible does an excellent job at digging into the meaning and context of verses in scripture. I have found it to be an excellent resource for serious readers of the Bible like myself. There are only a few occasions where I did not get my questions answered from this book. I have other study bibles, but this is always the one I keep coming back to.
Margaret
Jan 20, 2009 Margaret rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone - particularly women
Recommended to Margaret by: no one
God's Word is always incredible on so many levels. This particular version of the Bible speaks to women particularly and there are many side-notes, comments, etc. that are so helpful.

My favorite books - regardless of version - are John and Revelation. John was so dedicated to his Christ and his visions revealed in Revelation to give the rest of us hope are amazing!
Andrew
Mar 26, 2014 Andrew rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love the prose of the KJV bible and its accuracy. However, the Nelson Study Bible pitches dispensational baptist theology. I cannot recommend this bible based on the study notes.
Julia
Oct 05, 2008 Julia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book! in my schedule I never have time to read the bible or spend time with God. with this book it takes only 1 minute of my day and I still learn something from God. I love it!
Caleb Warren
Feb 23, 2013 Caleb Warren rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I highly recommend a Nelson's study Bible above all others I have ever read. It has been a tremendous help to me in my Bible study and understanding. BTW - Great read.
Jane
Wonderful book. Very highly recommended. Mine is actually just the Open Bible, not the NEW Open Bible. It is published by Nelson. It is my study Bible.
Joan Haughton
Apr 06, 2014 Joan Haughton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Word of the Lord. So sweet, I have to start reading another version, right away. Bless the name of Jesus!
Dennis Berard
Differs from what Lewis Black's monologue relates.
Saroum
Mar 28, 2010 Saroum rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
Awesome. It's definitely the book of life.
Sandee Clemons
Nov 02, 2008 Sandee Clemons rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent......................
Jill Costello
This is my favorite study Bible.
sexi
its the bible of course its amazing
Colleen Probst misner
Colleen Probst misner marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
ABE2 Procurement
ABE2 Procurement marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
  • Holman Bible Atlas: A Complete Guide to the Expansive Geography of Biblical History
  • The Body
  • Apocrypha
  • The One Year Bible New International Version
  • Destined for the Throne
  • The Warren Commission Report: The Official Report of the President's Commission on the Assassination of President John F. Kennedy
  • 20 Hot Potatoes Christians Are Afraid to Touch
  • Ben & Jerry's: The Inside Scoop: How Two Real Guys Built a Business with a Social Conscience and a Sense of Humor
  • The Reformation (The Penguin History of the Church, #3)
  • The Delicacy and Strength of Lace: Letters Between Leslie Marmon Silko and James Wright
  • Zondervan Handbook to the Bible
  • The New Testament in Modern English
  • Lexical Aids for Students of New Testament Greek
  • The Lost Art of Disciple Making
  • The Genesis Record: A Scientific and Devotional Commentary on the Book of Beginnings
  • Halley's Bible Handbook
  • The Greek New Testament/Dictionary
  • The Exemplary Husband: A Biblical Perspective
Books can be attributed to "Anonymous" for several reasons:

* They are officially published under that name
* They are traditional stories not attributed to a specific author
* They are religious texts not generally attributed to a specific author

Books whose authorship is merely uncertain should be attributed to Unknown.
More about Anonymous...