Start by marking “Changing the Game (Play by Play, #2)” as Want to Read:
Changing the Game (Play by Play, #2)

Changing the Game (Play-by-Play #2)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  15,907 ratings  ·  823 reviews
Most people play by the rules. Gavin and Liz aren't most people...

Win at any cost. That's always been the mantra of sports agent Liz Darnell. When she carries things too far and risks losing her number-one client, baseball pro Gavin Riley, Liz realizes that she'll have to work extra innings to win him back. It might not be too much of a stretch. She's had a thing for this
Published August 1st 2011 by Berkley Books

To ask other readers questions about Changing the Game, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Changing the Game

Shawna
4 stars – Contemporary/Sports Erotic Romance

Thoughts Before Reading
NOT that I'm complaining at all about the masculine perfection of this cover 'cause HELLO, just look at those mouthwateringly yummy shoulders and biceps...GRRR! But, don't baseball players usually have a little more junk in their trunk and thicker thighs? I think I have an obligation to read this (as purely scientific study of course) to find out. *naughty grin*

Thoughts After Reading
After careful review and scientific analys
Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
4 Steamy Stars

Changing the Game is the second book in Jaci Burton's Play by Play series.

I was apprehensive about this book. I wasn't sure Ms. Burton could take an unlikable character, Elizabeth Darnell, from The Perfect Play, and make her not only likable, but also the next heroine in the series. I needn't have worried. Ms. Burton exceeded my expectations.

I enjoyed reading this book. Just like in The Perfect the Play, the characters were richly developed, engaging, and lovable. Well, almost all
Auntee
Jul 31, 2011 Auntee rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of really hot sports romance
Question: Could Jaci Burton top her fabulous sports romance, The Perfect Play with her latest, Changing the Game? Ohh, it was good, it was close...but unfortunately it fell just a tad short of 5 stars for me.

JB had an uphill battle with this one, mostly because she had to make a very unlikable character from the previous book (sports agent Elizabeth Darnell) into a likable one. But I'm happy (and a bit surprised) to say that I think she accomplished that. She gave the tough, independent career w
Lady Allison
Let us take a moment to appreciate the deliciousness that is this cover.

*droolsappreciates*

As much as I loved Mick's story, his brother Gavin's was not as good as it should have been. The plot was weak and the characters were flat for the first half of the book. It was definitely steamy & the end was good but I was disappointed. 3.5 stars

I am however still really looking forward Jenna's story with the super sexy & flirty, Tyler!

Also, again with the COVER!!!
Taking a Shot by Jaci Burton

*clicks to appreciate*
P.Z.
เซกสซีน เซกสซีน แลวก...เซกซซีนเตมไปหมดเลย ซำไปซำมาตลอด สวนพลอตเรืองกเบาไปหนอย แทบจะไมมีอะไรเปนชินเปนอันเลย นอกจากความรอนแรงของเนือเรือง(ทีเราวามันกเทาๆกับเลมกอนหนาแหละ) สำหรับคาแรคเตอรของนางเอกในเลมนี อยางทีเราบอกไปวาเธอไมชอบหนาเธอตังแตเลมทีแลว พอมาถึงเลมนี...เรากยังไมคอยชอบเธออยูดี 555 เพราะผูแตงไมไดพยายามกูหนาเธอในเลมนีอยางทีควรเทาไรนัก เราเลยรูสึกวามันอาจจะไมยุติธรรมตอนางเอก ถาเราตัดสินนางเพราะการกระทำจากเลมทีแลว ดังนันเราจึงตองทำเปนลืมๆการกระทำของเธอไปกอน และพยายามเอนจอยกับตัวตนของเธอในเลมนี ...more
Shannon Stacey
Jaci and I have been friends a long time, which means I’ve read a lot of Jaci Burton books, and I think Changing The Game is my new favorite. I’ll be honest: I wasn’t sure how Jaci was going to redeem Liz after The Perfect Play, but I love her. And Gavin is so delicious.

If you’re looking for an erotic romance that’s the perfect blend of steamy, toe-curling sex and deeply emotional, happy-sigh-worthy romance, Changing the Game is your book.
Splage
Once again the cover is hot and I knew that I would be moving this book to the top of my TBR list because I was drooling and sports guys are my thing. As I began the book I was having similar feelings that I did with book 1, The Perfect Play, basically a good, hot read with lots of sex, but the story didn't overwhelm and engage me as I had hoped it would. Changing the Game might have started that way, but its momentum built into a page turner that had a lot more depth with some emotional moments ...more
Booklover1335
“How do I love thee? Let me count the ways…” This quote from Elizabeth Barrett Browning is so fitting for how I felt after reading Jaci Burton’s newest addition to her Play by Play series, Changing the Game. Simply put, I LOVED it! In fact I think it is the best Contemporary Erotic Romance I’ve read this year. I have mad love for Gavin and Liz…like, if I had to actually make a list of the things I love about the book, we would be here for a long, long time. I pretty much loved everything about i ...more
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under The Covers

WOW! I devoured this book! It must've been all the excitement and anticipation, or maybe just the fact that for the first 50% - 60% the chemistry and raw sensuality between Liz and Gavin was just amazing! Of course, there's the sinful cover to consider too, which I kept picturing every time I read about Gavin.

I definetely shouldn't have started the book in the morning BEFORE going to work and then reading DURING LUNCH. You do not want to have your co-wo
Keri
Man I love this cover...makes my mouth water. It was good. A lot of sexin and not enough story meat.
Natalia815
Historia sencilla. La pareja protagonista es una maravilla y eso que odie, mucho a Liz en el primer libro, por lo que hizo a Tara y a su hijo.

El que me ha cabreado mucho es Mick, el hermano del protagonista y pareja de Tara. ¡Que cabezón! Vale, Liz cometió un error, pero ha pedido perdón un montón de veces. ¡Superalo ya, y pasa página!

Y Gavin es un encanto, aunque a veces se deja influenciar por personas que tiene alrededor.

Tengo ganas de leer el siguiente, que si mi olfato no me falla, tendrá
Guilty Pleasures
Jaci Burton hit this one out of the park!!!

GOOOOOD GAWD Gavin is one of the sexiest men I have read about. He goes up there with Cord McKay from Lorelei James' Rough Rider series, and from me that is saying alot.

Because of her actions in The Perfect Play, I didn't think I could like Liz, but JB pulled it off and made me understand her actions and totally like Liz.

The smexing was uber hot and some of the best I've read =)

Changing The Game is up there with Chasin' Eight as one of my favorite read
Robin *loves sexy books*
Probably 4 or 4.5 stars but I rounded up because of all the smokin hot sex!! Wow.

Good story but the situation with Mick got old pretty fast you'd think he wouldn't hold such a grudge and be such an ass. I really liked Gavin and Elizabeth even though Gavin basically had to be hit over the head to realize how he and Liz actually felt. Took him a while but he got there.

Can't wait for the next book. I've really liked Jenna so far. And mix her tattoos and piercings with a cocky as hell and super hot
Lna26hp
3,5
No he leído muchos libros de este género tan popular, sobre todo a nivel americano, pero puedo decir sin duda que esta autora lo domina a la perfección. Si el 1º libro de esta serie me encantó, este no ha sido para menos. Vaya con Gavin y Elisabeth... uff, qué pareja tan explosiva la verdad, aunque es cierto que me ha faltado algún giro en su historia, pues desde el principio se ve que son una relación a pesar de que ellos no lo vean así, y no he notado ninguna parte muy dramática que pusiera
Diana~
If I were to compare The Perfect Play versus Jaci Burton's latest installment, Changing the Game ... in my opinion of course, I would say I liked Gavin's story with Liz a lot more than Mick and Tara's. Looking back, I felt as if Mick fell in love with Tara way too fast? So it was kind of unrealistic. While at least Liz and Gavin both went into this "thing" between them knowing that it was just a fling and something fun. Or was it really? I guess I have a thing for unrequited love and Liz's lo ...more
Norma
This was a cute story. I liked it a lot. I didn't want to read it for a long time because I didn't like Liz in the fisrt story, but we get to know her in this one and we see that she's human. She's made mistakes and she's sorry. I liked that she owned up to what she's done and showed remorse.

I took a star off for Mick. Every time that idiot was on the page, I wanted to close the book and read something else. I get that he was mad, but after a while he was just a 2 yr old with a tantrum. I did't
valee
Another great installment in this amazing series. I think this is the first series I enjoy on this genre. Well done Jaci Burton, you have a way with words. I still liked much more book 1 though.
Jen
I cannot WAIT for Jenna and Ty's story that comes out in March!

In this book we got a glimpse of Jenna and Ty meeting - They're going to be SO CUTE together! And I LOVE Hockey!

Anyways!
This story was cute - I wasn't a big fan of both Elizabeth or Gavin during the first book - Elizabeth really messed up with Mick - even though she made things right, he still couldn't forgive her for messing with the people he loves - ok I can live with that -

But when he fired her, Gavin got a glimpse of the rea
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
4.5 Stars

I was a little wary at first with Jaci Burton's ability to transform Liz into a likable character as well as developing a genuine relationship between Liz and Gavin. If you've read The Perfect Play then you know what kind of feat she had on her hands, but she ended up really wowing me with Changing the Game and I couldn't get enough by the end.

The first hundred pages or so of Changing the Game is all sex, no exaggeration; I'm talking about every page is hot sweaty action between the sh
Sophie
Well, the day came when i was finally able to sit down and give my point of view...(very humbly) of how fantastic and well set this book is.

Don't ask me why or how, but after reading Gavin's story, i cant help but wonder if Mrs. Burton was thinking of Tim Lincecum of the San Francisco Giants when she created Gavin's character. God knows Timmy Lincecum is the all American dream boy for a baseball team...(at least in looks) =)

Think about it. Even in the half way long hair and green eyes, (with the
Karla
Pretty good second book and it dealt with a lot of the issues that left you hanging in the first one. This book starts out as a one-sided love affair for Liz and just a fling for Gavin. So, the first half of the book is loaded with sex, fun, but not much substance. That started to change about halfway through the book as Gavin realizes that he has feelings for Liz. She also has to confront Mick after her hurtful betrayal in the first book. Some people had a problem with Mick and his obnoxious at ...more
Dee
I think I actually liked this one better than the first (http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/83...). Quite a few reviewers preferred the first and thought this one fell a little short.

Before I started this book I wasn't too sure about Liz's character as she was such a hardcore dragon in the previous book but once we got to see a bit more of her, her background and insecurities I began to like and understand her. I didn't quite gush over Gavin as much as I had over Mick but I did still like him. A
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
3.5 STARS

Dear Gavin,
Please **explicit language has been removed**
Love, Ann

I’ll give it to Jaci Burton. She really knows how to heat things up! I read this one really quickly. It’s not a difficult read at all, but a delicious one. However, apart from the smoking hot sex scenes, I was annoyed by Liz and Gavin when they weren’t going at it like rabbits.

They bickered a lot, over nothing really. It just seemed like a poor attempt at creating conflict. And then there was the conflict between Mick and
Bobs (Reader Unbound)
This book blew my mind away.
It is amazing how much I disliked Liz in the first book and how Jaci Burton managed to make me adore her in less then 50 pages. What is more she made the impossible happen - I actually wanted to kick Mick's butt so badly that I couldn't sit still. Thank you God, for he was not able to tear them apart.
As for Gavin. The guy is a GOD. Ultra sexy, cute, smart, funny, has a lot of money and can COOK. What more can a girl want ?! Am I the only one that is attracted like me
Awilk -never sleeps-
I read Jaci Burton when I am in the mood for lots of sexy times, and this book gave me just that.
I'm not American, so I don't follow baseball, but there wasn't too much sport talk, so that didn't worry me.
The whole way through this book I had a little trouble caring for these characters, but I never disliked them enough for it to take away from my reading enjoyment. Next time I am in the mood for some light, no brain needed smutty reading time, I will read the next in this series that I already
Galena Sanz
La nota sería un 2.5 más o menos. Es un libro entretenido, se lee muy rápido pero después de leer el primer libro de esta saga la verdad es que me esperaba más, una complejidad argumental mayor y más profundidad en la personalidad de los personajes. Sin embargo, he obtenido todo lo contrario, la historia casi comienza con una escena de sexo, las presentaciones de los personajes son demasiado abruptas y las secuencias de sexo demasiadas y sin una justificación argumental, con lo que la trama al f ...more
Aivlis
En realidad, un 2,5 de nota.
La relación, como todas las de esta autora, muy precipitada. De las más precipitadas que he leído en mi vida, vamos. Y poco más. Cero profundidad, cero indagar en los protagonistas o entender por qué se enamoran. ¿Lo más salvable? El ritmo rápido, bien llevado y que, al final, la autora consigue mantenerte entretenido hasta el final.
Michele ~ la Smoocherina
3.5 stars. This book was fine. It was basically the first book in the series a little reworked. Both heroes play pro sports, both women are determined to be independent and run their own businesses. Very formulaic. Don't get me wrong, I like formulaic to a point, but cookie cutter doesn't do it for me.
AerinLuvs
Elizabeth Darnell, hot, red-headed, tough-as-nails sports PR agent (first introduced in Play #1). She has a roster of hot athletes, including Gavin Riley, pro-baseball first baseman, playboy brother of Michael Riley (the hero of Play #1). It is not necessary to read book #1 (as I had not), you can figure out enough in this book to make sense of the history.

They meet up at an Athlete Awards dinner and since she has been avoiding him, he steals her away to have a private discussion (she thinks he
christine danielle (Bibliophilic Madness)
FOR MORE REVIEWS AND GIVEAWAYS, DO CHECK OUT MY BLOG:
 photo bun3_zpsa210610d.jpg

Changing the Game

Cover: 5
Plot: 5
Characters: 5

OVERALL RATING: 5 STARS!

photo bun2_zps0ef512fa.jpg

I think you’re worth fighting for, Elizabeth. Even if I’m fighting you for you.”

If you thought that the previous book was hot, then this one would be scorching. Changing the Game is the second book in the Play-by-Play series. I just want to say that the covers for this series is so awesome!

Changing the Game (Play by Play, #2) by Jaci Burton
See? Look at that abs! The cover of this book was one of the main reasons I dec
The Happy Housewi...: Changing the Game 2 8 Jul 30, 2014 07:34AM
  • Hot Finish (Fast Track, #3)
  • Slow Heat (Pacific Heat, #2)
  • Game for Seduction (Bad Boys of Football, #2)
  • Sliding Home (Richmond Rogues, #4)
  • Saddled and Spurred (Blacktop Cowboys, #2)
  • Never Enough (Brown Siblings, #4)
  • Empty Net (Assassins, #3)
  • Icebreaker (New York Blades, #8)
  • One Man Advantage (Heller Brothers, #3)
  • Wicked Game
Jaci Burton is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling, award-winning author of over 50 books. She lives in Oklahoma and when she isn’t on deadline (which is often), she can usually be found wrestling with her uncooperative garden, wrangling her dogs, watching an unhealthy amount of television, or completely losing track of time reading a great book. She’s a total romantic and longs for the hap ...more
More about Jaci Burton...

Play-by-Play (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Perfect Play (Play by Play, #1)
  • Taking a Shot (Play by Play, #3)
  • Playing to Win (Play by Play, #4)
  • Thrown by a Curve (Play by Play, #5)
  • One Sweet Ride (Play by Play, #6)
  • Melting the Ice (Play by Play, #7)
  • Straddling the Line (Play by Play, #8)
  • Quarterback Draw (Play by Play, #9)
  • All Wound Up (Play by Play, #10)
  • Unexpected Rush (Play by Play, #11)
The Perfect Play (Play by Play, #1) Taking a Shot (Play by Play, #3) Playing to Win (Play by Play, #4) Thrown by a Curve (Play by Play, #5) One Sweet Ride (Play by Play, #6)

“Men are obtuse. You have to beat them over the head with a frying pan to get them to notice things.” 63 likes
“Sometimes your world falls apart. And it’s okay for you to let people in and let them see you crumble” 37 likes