Start by marking “The Duke's Perfect Wife (Highland Pleasures #4)” as Want to Read:
The Duke's Perfect Wife (Highland Pleasures #4)

The Duke's Perfect Wife (MacKenzies & McBrides #4)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  6,181 ratings  ·  506 reviews
Lady Eleanor Ramsay is the only one who knows the truth about Hart Mackenzie. Once his fiancee, she is the sole woman to whom he could ever pour out his heart.

Hart has it all--a dukedom, wealth, power, influence, whatever he desires. Every woman wants him--his seductive skills are legendary. But Hart has sacrificed much to keep his brothers safe, first from their brutal f
Published April 3rd 2012 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about The Duke's Perfect Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Duke's Perfect Wife

Jessica Hatfield

I am not going to do a review on this book. I am just going to say that it was a good book, but no where near as good as the others. Hart annoyed me a lot in this book. I still liked him but the things he did drove me batty. I wasn't really feeling this couple. Ian is in this book a lot and that made it better. The thing that I didn't like about this book was the couple is apart for 8 years. They broke up for what I feel is a stupid reason and I don't like all the wasted time. Even afte
Blacky *Romance Addict*
“You need to stay far away from me, Eleanor Ramsay. You say you don’t need protection, but that is exactly what you do need. From me.”

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Another great installment on the Highland Pleasures series, loved it, even though I expected more from this book, but oh well :D Hart and Eleanor were great, and I'm looking forward to the next book and seeing more of them together :)

The story

Eleanor Ramsay receives a photograph of her former fiancé, Hart Mackenzie, and decides to pay him a visit and ask for a
Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
4.5 stars.

I've missed you. I've missed you so much it's breaking my heart.

El, I've missed you. I've died a little every day without you.

Lady Eleanor Ramsay is lurking among a flock of journalists in St. James's Street, waiting for the great Hart Mackenzie, Duke of Kilmorgan, emerging from his club. Eleanor had come to change his life, and she is here to present a business proposition. Someone sent Eleanor a somewhat compromising photograph of Hart. She is quite happy to announce that she'd be pl
Jennifer Ashley
Hart's book. Heroine: Eleanor Ramsay. Pub date is now April 2012.
Laura the Highland Hussy

4.5 flames

“Hart Mackenzie. It was said he knew every pleasure a woman desired and exactly how to give it to her. Hart wouldn't ask what the lady wanted, and she might not even know herself, but she would understand once he'd finished. And she'd want it again."

Thus begins the smokin' first paragraph of The Duke's Perfect Wife.

I’ve wanted Hart’s story since I first saw him in The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie. He was such an ass to Beth, yet his love for hi
Erika
The Lord of Scoundrels is the first, The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie is the second, and The Duke's Perfect Wife is the third romance book that left me speechless and unable to share my thoughts and my feelings in a review by the time I finished reading it. So I'll just tell you how many stars I gave to this book and the reasons in a simple way.

Five stars to Hart Mackenzie. For his pride, his passion, his mistakes, his pain, his roughness, his sacrifices, his burdens, his responsibilities, his
Dija
May 08, 2012 Dija rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fan(girl)s of Scottish men in kilts.
Now that I've read all the Mackenzie brothers' books, I can finally compose the lists I've wanted to since the beginning.

Favorite heroine:

1. The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie
2. The Duke's Perfect Wife
3. The Many Sins of Lord Cameron
4. Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage

The chemistry between Eleanor and Hart can be felt even in Cam's book, and Ashley develops their relationship in an entire
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
5+ STARS!!!

Posted on Under the Covers

Describe the book in three words

Suz: I love Hart...hmm or maybe Contains Hot Highlanders!

Annie: HART.IS.MINE.

Suz: ACTUALLY, I think you will find Hart is mine

*tug of war over Hart commences, Suz wins ofcourse, hehehe!*

The cover: Love it or Hate it?

Suz: Not a fan, I think that the other covers are better, especially Cam's book!

Annie: LOVE IT! It’s Paul Marron. In a Kilt. As Hart Mackenzie. Must I go on?

Hart Mackenzie: Sexy Dominant Highland God or Controlling
Carol *Young at Heart Oldie*
I so wanted to give this book 5* because there was so much I loved about it but there were a few issues that really bugged me and so I'm rating it 4.5*.

WHAT I LOVED ABOUT THIS BOOK

Hart and Eleanor

As with everything else, Hart had planned with precision how he intended to win Eleanor back and make her his wife. Poor Hart! Things don’t go completely to plan and it was wonderful to see that famous self-control crack when she unexpectedly walks back into his life. He’s so used to controlling everyth
Catherine
*This is a joint review that was originally posted on Fiction Vixen*

Today Amy and I (Catherine) are talking about The Duke’s Perfect Wife. We both are such big fans of this series that we couldn’t resist doing a joint review for you guys. This is a conversational review, so we might reveal more than a regular review would, but spoilers will be kept to a minimum.
Booklover, Indianapolis
Elizabeth (Liz)
This was very good, though it was not my favorite of the series!

This book seemed to lack the bit of sweeping historical romantic grandeur that the other books in the series have had. It just didn't feel as 'big' and 'important' as the other stories did, though I can tell that the author did try to accomplish that. I give her credit for the attempt.

Let's discuss Hart. It was almost like the author had Hart on a leash (ahem), and wouldn't let him loose to show his true devilish colors. Hart *was*
Keri
10 +++ stars! WoW!!! WoW!! Just wow! I will make a lame attempt to review this book. Lady D, Dhes or Auntie will do this a 1000 times better than me. But if I don't say something I will explode or something. This is of course Hart's book. Hart is the book we have been waiting for, we adored Ian, Mac and Cameron's books and the ladies that finally tamed their wild Mackenzie hearts. But we knew that Hart's book was going to be special. It had to be, Hart after being head of his family for years, p ...more
Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
Apr 01, 2012 Anna (Bobs Her Hair) rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Historical Romance fans
4 solid stars

Hart Mackensie finally re-meets his match while using his political clout to become Prime Minister. He has become a slave to his ambitious politcal goals. As his story progresses, the sacrifices he has made to protect his family are revealed. His love for his brothers, especially Ian, is profound but it has never stopped him from trying to manipulate their lives for a positive outcome.

Eleanor is a worthy match. She was a little hard for me to figure out at first. I wasn't sure if s
Beanbag Love
I guess this could be a 3.5 and I hate to rate it low, but it's just not up to the standard set by the previous three.

Hart and Eleanor are great characters and I love their chemistry. She's his first love, pretty much his only love, and if he hadn't blown it during their first engagement, he'd have been married to her long ago.

Eleanor is the impoverished daughter of a flighty earl. She comes to Hart with an offer to help him if he'll hire her. She not only needs the money, she's in possession o
Wendy
Hart the oldest of the Mackenzie brothers has taken over the dukedom from a father who was a ruthless monster, and has left all the brothers scarred. He takes over the burden of being the protector of his brothers from their father's notorious temper, and has overseen and controlled the family for many years. Yet he secretly yearns for an easy and carefree life with the woman he let get away Eleanor Ramsay.

Eleanor Ramsay is such a bubbly and happy person you can't help but love her. She's gener
Ronyell
After reading the previous “Highland Pleasures” books “The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie,” “Lady Isabella’s Scandalous Marriage” and “The Many Sins of Lord Cameron,” I was excited to see that Jennifer Ashley had a new book from the “Highland Pleasures” series called “The Duke’s Perfect Wife,” staring Hart Mackenzie and I admit, this book took me quite by surprise!

Lady Eleanor Ramsay was once engaged to the Scottish Duke, Hart Mackenzie and was madly in love with him. Unfortunately, Eleanor broke
Audrey
4+ stars. Read it in one sitting. An awesome book up until it fizzled out for me in the last 40 pages or so. I really enjoyed watching the characters and their interactions. I think I liked this one the best of all of the brothers' books.

The story, briefly.
Two strong personalities, a decade-ago engagement broken by the furious heroine, and a hero who wants her back by (almost) any means necessary. Mix in the means by which he can lure her into his snare (risque photographs of him that have shown
Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog)
Review to come on Under the Covers Book Blog

Myself and Annie decided to do a joint review!

Describe the book in three words

Suz: I love Hart...hmm or maybe Contains Hot Highlanders!

Annie: HART.IS.MINE.

Suz: ACTUALLY, I think you will find Hart is mine

*tug of war over Hart commences, Suz wins ofcourse, hehehe!*

The cover: Love it or Hate it

Annie: LOVE IT! It’s Paul Marron. In a Kilt. As Hart Mackenzie. Must I go on?

Hart M
Sophie ♥
A satisfying ending to one of my new favourite historical romance series. I loved Hart from book one and had been looking forward to reading his story the most. As some of you have already mentioned, the part Ian plays in this is genius. I actually knew what Ian had done in the very few pages of the book. I think that spoilt it a little bit for me but... oh well. The only critism I would have of Jennifer Ashley's books is that her heroines always give in too easily! I suppose that just goes to s ...more
Gina
I am running out of ways to say I love this series!!! Here was another winning book in this series, I am in love love love!!

This is about the oldest brother Hart, the Duke of Kilmorgan, a hard driven ambitious and controlling man. No one sees any other side of him, except once someone had, Lady Eleanor Ramsey, the woman who had broken off their engagement years ago. But now Hart is closed off, nothing of the man's emotions and feelings are allowed to see daylight. Till one day Eleanor shows up i
Katrina Passick Lumsden
This was probably my least favorite of the Highland Pleasures series, and that would be because I didn't much care for either of the protagonists. Hart is rigid, high-handed, and arrogant, and Eleanor is manipulative. They both play emotional games with those around them, and I have a hard time connecting with characters like that. Still, it wasn't a terrible book, and I enjoyed reading about the Mackenzie clan, even if these were the lesser characters of the family.
NiteReader
Out of the four MacKenzie brothers, I had the least interest in Hart. But after a slow start, I was once again immersed in their wonderful world and couldn't help but like Eleanor and in turn, Hart. The epilogue was perfection!! The descriptions of each family portrait were a perfect recap of the epic MacKenzie family.
Mimi Smith

I liked the story a lot, but Ian remains my favorite. Loved Hart and Elanor, and I absolutely adore Jennifer Ashley's writing.

Anyone else think we'll get the story of Malcolm Mackenzie, the warrior of Culloden, and kidnapper of brides?
Tammy
I won a copy of this book, super excited because I really wanted to read it...Yay!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok so the book arrived, I read the book, I enjoyed the book...I really like that in this book you were able to see (read about) Ian, Cameron, and Mac's relationships with their families. I was not the biggest fan of The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie, but I think Ian really shines in this book. The mystery was quite well done. My only complaint, a
Dinjolina
*Spoilerish rant…so beware!*

As I was afraid, I am unable to be the biggest Hart fan. I just am.
Still, this author is a plot development expert and she built up the story+tied loose ends beautifully.
The only thing I did have a problem was...*drumroll*...Sarah.
I was scared that I would find a hit of my cheating peev in Harts relationship with Mrs.Palmer.
Even thou the said mistress is now an even bigger bitch in my eyes, I did not have a second of conflict over her.
But Sarah? Sheesh.
First off…she
Lelyana
Apr 18, 2012 Lelyana rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Lelyana by: Highlander lovers
Shelves: favorites
Ada satu hal yang di percaya para lelaki keluarga MacKenzie... “What they touch, they break”

Dengan latar belakang di besarkan oleh ayah yang kasar dan kejam, kematian ibu mereka di tangan ayah mereka sendiri,dan masa kecil yang penuh pukulan dan lecutan, Hart menjalani lebih banyak siksaan dari ayah mereka di banding adik2nya.

No wonder jika Hart , putra tertua klan MacKenzie ,now Duke of Kilmorgan, menjadi orang yang pahit dan lumayan kejam termasuk terhadap lawan2 politik nya. Juga di tempat
Rain ~miss kinky knickers~
When a girl meets a man and falls in love, there's usually not a happy ever after on the horizon. He's already feeling all grown up, responsible and almighty, and she simply cannot keep up with that. Ten years later, the power is balanced quite differently. And, you expect to see two (more or less) equally strong individuals, fighting through the second time around.
Which is, basically, what made this story such a treat. Ten years, and the great Hart Mackenzie still feels she's the one.
Eleanor Ra
MountainKat
*4+ Stars*

Lovely story! Lovely series! I can't wait to read more and yet I fear it ever ending.

Hart and Eleanor finding their way back to each other, with a little meddling from one of his brothers, was delightful to witness. It was great to see inside the tough shell that Hart projected to outsiders. Eleanor was a perfect match for him, she didn't shy away from his strength or cower from his ferocity. I think I might have rated this even higher, but I wasn't overly happy with the end of the boo
  • Thief of Shadows (Maiden Lane, #4)
  • Defiant (MacKinnon's Rangers, #3)
  • Unraveled (Turner, #3)
  • Always a Temptress (The Drake's Rakes #3)
  • A Lady by Midnight (Spindle Cove, #3)
  • Temptation  & Twilight (The Brethren Guardians, #3)
  • One Good Earl Deserves a Lover (The Rules of Scoundrels, #2)
  • Lord of Temptation (The Lost Lords of Pembrook, #2)
  • Seduction of a Highland Lass (McCabe Trilogy, #2)
  • The Recruit (Highland Guard, #6)
  • Silk Is for Seduction (The Dressmakers, #1)
  • How the Marquess Was Won (Pennyroyal Green, #6)
  • In Total Surrender (Secrets, #3)
  • Shameless (The House of Rohan, #4)
NY Times Bestselling author Jennifer Ashley writes historical and paranormal romance and historical mysteries, as Jennifer Ashley, Allyson James, and Ashley Gardner.

Jennifer's novels have won RWA's RITA and RT Reviewer's Choice awards. More about her books at http://www.jenniferashley.com, http://www.allysonjames.com, and http://gardnermysteries.com.
More about Jennifer Ashley...

MacKenzies & McBrides (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie (MacKenzies & McBrides, #1)
  • Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage (MacKenzies & McBrides, #2)
  • The Many Sins Of Lord Cameron (MacKenzies & McBrides, #3)
  • A Mackenzie Family Christmas: The Perfect Gift (MacKenzies & McBrides, #4.5)
  • The Seduction Of Elliot McBride (MacKenzies & McBrides, #5)
  • The Untamed MacKenzie (MacKenzies & McBrides, #5.5)
  • The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie (MacKenzies & McBrides, #6)
  • Scandal And The Duchess (MacKenzies & McBrides, #6.5)
  • Rules for a Proper Governess (MacKenzies & McBrides, #7)
  • A MacKenzie Clan Gathering (MacKenzies & McBrides, #7.5)
The Madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie (MacKenzies & McBrides, #1) Pride Mates (Shifters Unbound, #1) Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage (MacKenzies & McBrides, #2) The Many Sins Of Lord Cameron (MacKenzies & McBrides, #3) Primal Bonds (Shifters Unbound, #2)

“...Mac, I want you to go back to the house and make sure the ladies don't get the idea to go searching as well. I told Eleanor not to, but you know the Mackenzie females."

Mac scowled."Hell, Hart, can't you find something easier for me to do? Go up against an army of assassins in my underwear, maybe?”
20 likes
“Everything matters.Everything you do touches someone in some way, even though you might not understand that.” 19 likes