Start by marking “The Templar Legion (Templar, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Templar Legion (Templar, #5)

The Templar Legion (Templar #5)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  466 ratings  ·  33 reviews
This title has been removed from sale by Penguin Group, USA.
Published June 1st 2011 by Signet Book (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Templar Legion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Templar Legion

Having read all the books that Christopher Hyde has penned under the PAUL CHRISTOPHER banner, I was quite unimpressed with this, the latest in the Templar series. The Templat theme has been swept to the wayside, leaving us only with crumbs of its presence. We are left with another, perhaps more dramatic storyline, with small tidbits of Templar talk and ideeas, but nothing like the earlier stories.

Christopher introduces the theme of Templars with his intro and some early chapters. I find it funny
As I have gotten further into this series (this is the 5th book); the historical Templar component is becoming less important as the series becomes more of a straight thriller. The history is what first brought me to the series, I hope it starts to become a bigger part of the story again. The action is fast paced and compelling, just looking for more history.
Huge of fan of this author who combines historical facts with interesting adventure created about Knights Templar. Believe this is among my favorites in series because of location. Highly recommend to mystery fans who like history & or Templar Knights.
Rita McDowell

Once again a great read from beginning to the end! While each book is an excellent stand alone read, highly recommend reading them in order as the story line just gets better and better! Enjoy!
Marshall Clowers
"Doc" winds up deep in the African jungle, up to his neck H. Rider Haggard style. Following Rafi, he and Peggy find themselves on the run from the Sinclair clan (again), but that is the least of their problems.
Dave Selby
It is a bit of a sidetrack from the previous books. The book took longer for me to read then the previous four, however I'm still interested in the characters and the storyline that this series has created.
As always Paul Christopher creates a fun read. This is not exactly your typical chase novel because there is so much going on in the background with the bad guys. In fact it reads more of a confluence of multiple factions into a "How Will It Work Out?" ending. I enjoyed the history mystery and how it all came together. It's nice to believe that at least in fiction there are still lost worlds to discover.

I enjoyed this book and the continuing adventeres of "Doc" Holliday. The Templars were more
This one was really disappointing compared to the others in the series. While it has the same main characters, it really has nothing to do with the Templars. They're pretty much just a side note. It seems the author wanted to write about the conflicts in Africa and how bad certain things are, but wanted to get the people already reading the series to read it. I read this series because of the historical facts and the Templars; the clues and the puzzles. This was strictly war and gore. And it's g ...more
Alex Flores
I've read a number of books and stories about the Templars. This was sorta meh.
James Burke
It was a pretty good read, fast paced and kind of Indiana Jones ish. The only disappointing thing was that there was surprisingly very little Templar tie ins, considering the book is called The Templar Legion.
On one hand I like this book very much, but...there were spots that were a bit slow and somewhat confusing. The premise is a good one, lost Templar treasures, a lost Viking raiding party and a secret burial chamber deep into the jungle on a small island. This was an enjoyable read, but as I said sometimes a bit confusing and that made it a bit less enjoyable for me. I like Paul Christopher and have read other books and enjoyed them immensely. I would say to judge this one for yourself.
One word = Vikings?
Have found each book in series to be excellent well crafted reading adventure. No disappointment with Templar Legion which made me want more from author.
So conflicted on how to review this book. As part of the Templar series (#5) it lacked a lot that the others provide. But as a single book it is pretty good. A lot of unexpected plot twists. A lot of gore. I like the author's writing style, why I've read so many of his books and have some more to read.
The 5th book in the Templar series. This one has some interesting history regarding Vikings and the last Templar knight along with the up-to-date story line. I enjoyed this one more than the last one.
Better paced and plotted than some of the previous entries in the series , with more well-realized secondary characters and fewer outrageous appeals to coincidence and Deus ex Machina to wrap up the story.
Eric Wright
A fun read for a summer week about a threesome searching for Solomon's mines but get caught up in a freedom fighter trying to overcome a cruel African dictator. A book to just settle down an enjoy.
Donald Harwick

It was a bad read, but too much like others in its genre. The storyline was simplistic and the character interaction banal. There was a lightness to the book and it read quickly.
I found this one a little on the boring side, I know the author is trying to tie the series of the books together, but I think this one could have just been missed.
Amber Swope
Although a bit bloodier that it needed to be, it was a fun airplane read. I like the main character and find the quasi-historical plots interesting.
This was a bit complicated. I think it would have been better had there not been so many different stories going on at once.
Bill Donhiser
A fun read, as long as you do not put too much thought in it. great for beside the pool or at the beach.
Paula Howard
I was disappointed. I don't feel this book lives up to standard of the other three books in this series.
Michelle Hanson
Very happy to get the next book in this series.. one more coming.. smile..
A good adventure story. If you like templar advenure add it to your list.
Nothing like a good bad book when you have a cruddy summer head-cold.
quick read.... as most the books in this series are. wasn't bad.
Melody Monzon
Not one of the best of this series so far.
I just really liked the pace of this one.
Graham Meigh
Holiday reading and better than many.
  • The Genesis Plague
  • The Bonaparte Secret
  • The Mask Of Troy (Jack Howard, #5)
  • The Atlantis Revelation (Conrad Yeats Adventure, #3)
  • Bible of the Dead
  • The Assassination Option (Clandestine Operations, #2)
  • Newton's Fire
  • Beyond Eden (Eden Thrillers #2)
  • The Secret Crown (Jonathon Payne & David Jones, #6)
  • The Nosferatu Scroll (Chris Bronson, #4)
  • The Lost Relic (Ben Hope #6)
  • The Lost Angel
  • On the Fifth Day
  • Held at a Distance: My Rediscovery of Ethiopia
  • A Dubious Plan (Colton Banyon Mystery, #5)
  • The Lost Temple
  • The Medusa Amulet
  • The Lost Library
Paul Christopher is a pseudonym used by the author Christopher Hyde.

More about Paul Christopher...

Templar (9 books)
  • The Sword Of The Templars (Templar, #1)
  • The Templar Cross (Templar, #2)
  • The Templar Throne (Templar, #3)
  • The Templar Conspiracy (Templar, #4)
  • Red Templar (Templar, #6)
  • Valley Of The Templars (Templar, #7)
  • Lost City of the Templars (Templar, #8)
  • Secret of the Templars (Templar, #9)
The Sword Of The Templars (Templar, #1) The Templar Cross (Templar, #2) Michelangelo's Notebook (Finn Ryan, #1) The Templar Throne (Templar, #3) The Templar Conspiracy (Templar, #4)