Start by marking “Crystal Tomb (Starfire Angels: Dark Angel Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
Crystal Tomb (Starfire Angels: Dark Angel Chronicles, #3)

Crystal Tomb (Dark Angel Chronicles #3)

The Shirukan aren't the only threat to the Starfire shard Raea bears...

An alien enemy has awakened to reclaim the crystal that was theirs, and those last survivors of a war that nearly destroyed Inar'Ahben aren't afraid to kill anyone who stands in their way.

An ancient monument to a mythical civilization on Earth may hold the key to stopping the new enemy, if the secret of
Nook, 220 pages
Published May 30th 2011 by Prairie Star Publishing (first published May 29th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Crystal Tomb, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crystal Tomb

JusMe
Jun 01, 2011 JusMe rated it it was amazing
This book is as good if not better than the rest of the series. Melanie never disappoints.
Kimberly
Jun 23, 2011 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
I do not like to give spoilers in my reviews but it is hard not to with this book so I apologize in advance. this is by far my favorite book out of the series. I was intrigued by the twist in the story line. At the close of Broken Wings I assumed that the Shirukan would be on Raea's tail upon her return home, so to read Crystal Tomb and find that a whole new species is out to get the crystal was a complete surprise. I also was extremely fascinated by the whole body and mind take over that occurs ...more
Sara
Jun 13, 2011 Sara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow... Best book in the series so far. I can't wait to find out what happens next! =]
Jennifer at BookShelfery
Jun 24, 2011 Jennifer at BookShelfery rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy
Like angels, ancient history and mysteries? Then you'll love Crystal Tomb, the 3rd installment in the Dark Angel Chronicles by author Melanie Nilles! Crystal Tomb continues to follow the trials and tribulations of Raea and Elis, two Inari living on earth, protecting one of the remaining crystal shards. This book is so much more intriguing than Starfire Angels and Broken Wings. And that's not to say they were lacking, because they really weren't. But Melanie Nilles takes it several steps further ...more
Terri
Sep 21, 2013 Terri rated it liked it
Original review found at http://kristineandterri.blogspot.ca/2...

This instalment of the Dark Angel's chronicles finds Raea and Elis back on earth and reunited.

My favorite part of this series is the interaction and love story of Raea and Elis. I have fallen in love with the character of Elis along with Raea in the story. His devotion and affection is that which any girl would love to experience. I am curious to see where this will take the story down the road.

That being said I did struggle wit
Shannon
Dec 09, 2011 Shannon rated it really liked it
In this third installment of Star Fire Angels, Raea and her crystal are once again threatened, although not by who you would expect, but the past threats are never to be forgotten.

I enjoyed the new take on the series, and watching the characters grow, however since such a short amount of time is supposed to have taken place between each book, the characters aren’t growing as much as I would like them to. For the next book I would hope that it takes place longer than just a few weeks or so after
Linda Harley
Oct 25, 2012 Linda Harley rated it it was amazing
Mystery abounds in this third book in the Starfire Angels series. The history of the starfire crystals are fascinating and I enjoyed how the author blended earth mythology (or is it history to) of Atlantis with the tales about the Star Fire crystal. The story seemed real in the world that Melanie Niles has created, and all of the events made logical sense in that world. Ellis and Raea found themselves being captured by aliens who can camouflage themselves to look like humans. Through the ...more
Darlene
Jan 20, 2012 Darlene rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Yvensong, S. Michele
Wow! Melanie Nilles has done it again! And there was a slight cliff-hanger to let you know there may be more in store for the characters. This book kept me on the edge of my seat, unable to get up even to eat. I just wanted to make sure Raea and her friends/family would be okay.

Again, there is the formatting issue but if you can understand its reasons it starts to make sense.

So far in this series the individual novel are short but there is enough meat in each to feel you have read an entire adve
Nicky Cartwright Pashley
Nov 13, 2011 Nicky Cartwright Pashley rated it really liked it
Another action packed story. It's bad enough that an alien race, The Shirukan (from her home planet) want to kill Raea and take possession of her Chrystal Shard (that contains the consciousness of a different alien species) but now completely different aliens, The Risaal, are after her too! The Risaal are an angry, warrior race bent on revenge on the Inari (of which Raea is one). In addition to avoiding two sets of enemies, Raea finds that she is also being tracked by a government agency and ...more
Emmanuelle
Jun 28, 2012 Emmanuelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great success by the author. I found myself frustrated while reading....because I didn't have enough time in my schedule!! lol It kept me up till the wee morning hours just to find out what was going to happen next; which also meant I was exhausted the next day at work.

I'd go as far as to say that this is the best one I've read so far of the series. Granted, you must read #1 and #2 to really fully understand, but this one had non-stop action and adventure from start to finish.
Liz
Jun 19, 2012 Liz rated it really liked it
This book was by far better than the last one! I can't wait to read the next one and see what happens! The story really came together for me in this one and I really loved seeing Nare's character grow. I also loved that we saw more into Raeae's head and how her feelings and thoughts were for Elis. We all know he's crazy about her, but it's good to see her finally sort some of her emotions out. All in all, a good quick read.
Maddy
Jan 27, 2013 Maddy rated it it was amazing
This was am amazing read!! I was constantly being surprised and was never bored reading this book. I cried, laughed, got scared (yes I really did), and was so happy at the end. I love Elis and Raea and I like how their bonding grew throughout the book. Seriously, you need to read this series!!
Katie Boudreau
Jan 09, 2012 Katie Boudreau rated it it was ok
The introduction of so many new characters in the third novel of the series confused me a bit. There were too many concurrent plots to keep track of... Atlantis, Risaal, Elis, Raea. Although I enjoyed the novel well enough, I doubt I will read any future Starfire Angel Series.
Mary
Jun 25, 2011 Mary rated it it was amazing
Is as great as it can be the best one yet of the starfire angels series love was to come with the dark angel chronicles Melanie is a great writer :) hope you enjoy this great adventure as I did.
Nov 22, 2011 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nook-books
I loved this book, when it ended I was ready for more.

It is about Elis trying to find Rhea. Love it!
Pamela
May 01, 2012 Pamela rated it really liked it
Great read! An awesome continuing saga to the first two books. Rhea is on a quest to retrieve more crystals with Nare! And Elis! What can I say! You'll have to read to find out! Loved it.
Trisha Edge
Trisha Edge rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2015
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2011
Tiffiny Zavodny
Tiffiny Zavodny rated it really liked it
Nov 27, 2013
Rese(:
Rese(: rated it liked it
May 14, 2013
Nicki
Nicki rated it liked it
Sep 25, 2012
Michelle Banks
Michelle Banks rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2016
Caryn cleveland
Aug 31, 2011 Caryn cleveland rated it liked it
ummmmmm
red652
red652 rated it it was amazing
Dec 14, 2011
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Nov 02, 2011
Alicia
Alicia rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2012
Kirsty Carter
Kirsty Carter rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2013
Manisha
Manisha rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2011
Jackie
Jackie rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2015
Nina
Nina rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2012
  • Compel (Rae Wilder, #2)
  • Primal Pleasure (Pendragon Gargoyles, #3)
  • Inherit
  • Touch of the Angel (Demons of Infernum, #3)
  • The Banshee and the Linebacker
  • Penitence (Heavenly, #2)
  • Grace of Day (Grace, #4)
  • The Halo Chronicles: The Guardian
  • Katie's Hope (Rhyn Trilogy, #2)
  • Blood Redemption (Angel's Edge, #3)
  • Forsaken By Shadow (Mirus, #1.1)
  • Vendetta (The Guardians, #2)
  • Cataclysm (The Watchers, #3)
  • Dark Warriors: A Dark Lands Anthology (Darklands, #5-6)
  • Entasy (Prophecies of The Nine, #0.5)
  • Guardian (Feather, #2)
  • Mea Culpa (Requiem, #1.5)
  • Valefar Vol. 1: Demon Kissed Novella (Demon Kissed)
2056014
Melanie Nilles (aka M. A. Nilles) always had a fascination with science fiction and fantasy and in 2015 became an Active Member of SFWA. Her published works include the Starfire Angels series, Adronis series, and others. As M. A. Nilles, she writes darker fiction, including the Legend of the White Dragon epic, Tiger Born, and Spirit Blade. For updates, visit her website at www.melanienilles.com or ...more
More about Melanie Nilles...

Dark Angel Chronicles (4 books)
  • Starfire Angels (Starfire Angels: Dark Angel Chronicles, #1)
  • Broken Wings (Starfire Angels: Dark Angel Chronicles, #2)
  • Forever Dark (Starfire Angels: Dark Angel Chronicles #4)