Crystal Tomb (Starfire Angels: Dark Angel Chronicles, #3)

Crystal Tomb (Dark Angel Chronicles #3)

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  529 ratings  ·  21 reviews
The Shirukan aren't the only threat to the Starfire shard Raea bears...

An alien enemy has awakened to reclaim the crystal that was theirs, and those last survivors of a war that nearly destroyed Inar'Ahben aren't afraid to kill anyone who stands in their way.

An ancient monument to a mythical civilization on Earth may hold the key to stopping the new enemy, if the secret of...more
Published May 30th 2011 by Prairie Star Publishing (first published May 29th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Crystal Tomb, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crystal Tomb

Hush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickAngelfall by Susan EeUnearthly by Cynthia HandFallen by Lauren KateCrescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick
BEST ANGEL BOOKS
81st out of 133 books — 344 voters
The Billionaire Wins the Game by Melody AnneMaid for the Billionaire by Ruth CardelloRise of the Billionaire by Ruth CardelloSeptember Again by Hunter S. JonesChasing Justice by Danielle  Stewart
Summer List
430th out of 454 books — 440 voters

More lists with this book...

JusMe
This book is as good if not better than the rest of the series. Melanie never disappoints.
Kimberly
I do not like to give spoilers in my reviews but it is hard not to with this book so I apologize in advance. this is by far my favorite book out of the series. I was intrigued by the twist in the story line. At the close of Broken Wings I assumed that the Shirukan would be on Raea's tail upon her return home, so to read Crystal Tomb and find that a whole new species is out to get the crystal was a complete surprise. I also was extremely fascinated by the whole body and mind take over that occurs...more
Sara Monitor
Wow... Best book in the series so far. I can't wait to find out what happens next! =]
Terri
Original review found at http://kristineandterri.blogspot.ca/2...

This instalment of the Dark Angel's chronicles finds Raea and Elis back on earth and reunited.

My favorite part of this series is the interaction and love story of Raea and Elis. I have fallen in love with the character of Elis along with Raea in the story. His devotion and affection is that which any girl would love to experience. I am curious to see where this will take the story down the road.

That being said I did struggle wit...more
Jennifer at BookShelfery
Like angels, ancient history and mysteries? Then you'll love Crystal Tomb, the 3rd installment in the Dark Angel Chronicles by author Melanie Nilles! Crystal Tomb continues to follow the trials and tribulations of Raea and Elis, two Inari living on earth, protecting one of the remaining crystal shards. This book is so much more intriguing than Starfire Angels and Broken Wings. And that's not to say they were lacking, because they really weren't. But Melanie Nilles takes it several steps further...more
Shannon
In this third installment of Star Fire Angels, Raea and her crystal are once again threatened, although not by who you would expect, but the past threats are never to be forgotten.

I enjoyed the new take on the series, and watching the characters grow, however since such a short amount of time is supposed to have taken place between each book, the characters aren’t growing as much as I would like them to. For the next book I would hope that it takes place longer than just a few weeks or so after...more
Linda Harley
Mystery abounds in this third book in the Starfire Angels series. The history of the starfire crystals are fascinating and I enjoyed how the author blended earth mythology (or is it history to) of Atlantis with the tales about the Star Fire crystal. The story seemed real in the world that Melanie Niles has created, and all of the events made logical sense in that world. Ellis and Raea found themselves being captured by aliens who can camouflage themselves to look like humans. Through the Starfir...more
Darlene
Jan 20, 2012 Darlene rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Yvensong, S. Michele
Wow! Melanie Nilles has done it again! And there was a slight cliff-hanger to let you know there may be more in store for the characters. This book kept me on the edge of my seat, unable to get up even to eat. I just wanted to make sure Raea and her friends/family would be okay.

Again, there is the formatting issue but if you can understand its reasons it starts to make sense.

So far in this series the individual novel are short but there is enough meat in each to feel you have read an entire adve...more
Nicky Cartwright Pashley
Another action packed story. It's bad enough that an alien race, The Shirukan (from her home planet) want to kill Raea and take possession of her Chrystal Shard (that contains the consciousness of a different alien species) but now completely different aliens, The Risaal, are after her too! The Risaal are an angry, warrior race bent on revenge on the Inari (of which Raea is one). In addition to avoiding two sets of enemies, Raea finds that she is also being tracked by a government agency and the...more
Emmanuelle
Another great success by the author. I found myself frustrated while reading....because I didn't have enough time in my schedule!! lol It kept me up till the wee morning hours just to find out what was going to happen next; which also meant I was exhausted the next day at work.

I'd go as far as to say that this is the best one I've read so far of the series. Granted, you must read #1 and #2 to really fully understand, but this one had non-stop action and adventure from start to finish.
Liz
This book was by far better than the last one! I can't wait to read the next one and see what happens! The story really came together for me in this one and I really loved seeing Nare's character grow. I also loved that we saw more into Raeae's head and how her feelings and thoughts were for Elis. We all know he's crazy about her, but it's good to see her finally sort some of her emotions out. All in all, a good quick read.
Maddy
This was am amazing read!! I was constantly being surprised and was never bored reading this book. I cried, laughed, got scared (yes I really did), and was so happy at the end. I love Elis and Raea and I like how their bonding grew throughout the book. Seriously, you need to read this series!!
Katie Boudreau
The introduction of so many new characters in the third novel of the series confused me a bit. There were too many concurrent plots to keep track of... Atlantis, Risaal, Elis, Raea. Although I enjoyed the novel well enough, I doubt I will read any future Starfire Angel Series.
Mary
Is as great as it can be the best one yet of the starfire angels series love was to come with the dark angel chronicles Melanie is a great writer :) hope you enjoy this great adventure as I did.
Pamela
Great read! An awesome continuing saga to the first two books. Rhea is on a quest to retrieve more crystals with Nare! And Elis! What can I say! You'll have to read to find out! Loved it.
I loved this book, when it ended I was ready for more.

It is about Elis trying to find Rhea. Love it!
Erika
Dragged, dragged, dragged, dragged. Couldn't even finish it.
Caroline
Prettyy good. Can't wait till the 4th one.
Tracy
Another good book in the series
Rosie
Rosie marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Genna
Genna marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Jina
Jina marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Christos
Christos marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
  • Compel (Rae Wilder, #2)
  • The Halo Chronicles: The Guardian
  • Touch of the Angel (Demons of Infernum, #3)
  • Blood Redemption (Angel's Edge, #3)
  • Vendetta (The Guardians, #2)
  • Primal Pleasure (Pendragon Gargoyles, #3)
  • Grace of Day (Grace, #4)
  • The Ascended (The Saving Angels, #3)
  • Cataclysm (The Watchers, #3)
  • Mea Culpa (Requiem, #1.5)
  • Katie's Hope (Rhyn Trilogy, #2)
  • Inherit
  • Water (Elemental, #3)
  • Uriel (The Airel Saga, #3)
  • Vex (Celestra, #5)
  • Horizon (Soul Guardians, Book 3)
  • The Banshee and the Linebacker
  • Archangel Evolution (The Evolution Trilogy, #3)
2056014
Melanie Nilles (aka M. A. Nilles) grew up on a western North Dakota cattle ranch and farm. Along with her interest in horses, she always had a fascination with science fiction and fantasy. After high school, she graduated from North Dakota State University with a bachelor's degree in Business Administration. She currently resides in central North Dakota with her family, which includes her husband...more
More about Melanie Nilles...
Starfire Angels (Starfire Angels: Dark Angel Chronicles, #1) Broken Wings (Starfire Angels: Dark Angel Chronicles, #2) Forever Dark (Starfire Angels: Dark Angel Chronicles #4) When Angels Cry (A Starfire Angels Novella) Origins of Dark Angel (Starfire Angels: Dark Angel Chronicles, #3.5)