Start by marking “Street Dogs” as Want to Read:
Street Dogs

Street Dogs

4.47 of 5 stars 4.47  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  9 reviews
90 irresistible, soulful portraits and outdoor photographs of street dogs feature in this book, taken by a woman who has witnessed and assisted in the rescue of many of them. There are also mini-biographies of many of the dogs, with details of their rescue amd journey to new homes.
Published October 1st 2007 by Merrell Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Street Dogs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Street Dogs

Loren
Street dogs focuses on dogs from Puerto Rico and a few areas of Mexico. Just like the author's previous book, the portraits of these dogs show them in a dignified light. The foreword was well written and informative explaining why there are problems with strays in these locations.
Darren
Jul 25, 2014 Darren rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: dogs
Dogs willingness to forgive and love humans regardless of cruelty shown them in the past is always surprising. The world would be a much better place if we could learn this behaviour from them.

This book was a wonderful companion to Shelter Dogs, and once again I had watery eyes.
Martha Garvey
Dec 30, 2007 Martha Garvey rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: dog lovers, dog rescuers, all those interested in animal rescue
Traer Scott is one hell of a photographer/storyteller. The photos, of street dogs she found in Puerto Rico and Mexico, are so beautifully composed that you will return to them again and again. And Scott's understanding of the conditions that create street dogs in the first place is complex. Many of these dogs have been adopted; some cannot be. Scott honors them all. I defy you not to cry when you read this--and to be inspired to action.
Gracee
We forget that dogs (and cats) elsewhere are in need of homes. Our less fortunate neighboring countries have even less ability or resources to care for their abandoned pets. Mini documentaries about rescue groups and like minded individuals motivated by compassion for animals otherwise doomed. Very moving.

Read this in the library while I was searching for another book. I had to discreetly use a tissue to wipe my tears.
Katherine
A terrific complement to the original in the series, Shelter Dogs. The book does cite a couple of cases of horrific cruelty to homeless dogs but does not dwell on them, but rather emphasizes the wonderful, selfless work of the many people who devote their lives to finding and caring for homeless animals and to the stories of those dogs who were rescued.
Diane Dunham
Some parts sad and heart breaking, but good to know there are people trying to help the street odgs.
Bailey
Jun 16, 2011 Bailey rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
Beautiful photographs and surprisingly uplifting stories. Thank you, Robert!
Gretchen
gorgeous pics, heart breaking book, I did like the updates on each dog.
Hanna
Amazing documentary with more text than in "Shelter Dogs".
Regan
Regan marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Amy Palmer
Amy Palmer marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Meg
Meg marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Lauren Kramer
Lauren Kramer marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Shelter Dogs Newborn Puppies: Dogs in Their First Three Weeks Nocturne: Creatures of the Night Wild Horses: Endangered Beauty