Start by marking “The Sheikh's Chosen Wife” as Want to Read:
The Sheikh's Chosen Wife

The Sheikh's Chosen Wife (Hot-Blooded Husbands #2)

She can save her marriage--by getting pregnant!

A year has passed since Leona left her husband, Sheikh Hassan ben Khalifa Al-Qadim. She misses him very much, but what was the point of staying when she'd failed to deliver the one thing Hassan needed--a child and heir?

When Hassan tricks her into returning to him, Leona is furious and puzzled. Why does he want her by his side
Paperback, Harlequin Presents #2254, 187 pages
Published June 2002 by Harlequin (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Sheikh's Chosen Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sheikh's Chosen Wife

Becky
There were some beautiful elements to the story, especially the love between the couple, which was palpable. No other HP author writes love from a hero's POV the way Michelle Reid does. It was nice to see a man unafraid to express his love publicly, and refreshing that his father accepted heroine (the antidote to Gold Ring of Betrayal). I love how Hassan, despite his jealousy, never questions Leona's fidelity. There were some nice angsty moments where Hassan says something horrible and then felt ...more
Lynn Raye Harris
Sep 09, 2013 Lynn Raye Harris rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I know it's kinda old skool, but I loved it anyway. The tragedy of Leona and Hassan's love! Sob!!

Leona can't have children. Hassan must have an heir and he's being pressured to do something about it. But Hassan wants Leona, and Leona wants Hassan to divorce her and put his country first. They emote all over the page. I was glued. GLUED.
Kay
Feb 15, 2012 Kay rated it really liked it
Shelves: print
4 1/2 Stars! ~ Leona’s scared witless when she and her father’s business partner, Ethan are abducted. And then she’s furious to discover that it’s Sheikh Hassan ben Khalifa Al-Qadim, her estranged husband, who has kidnapped her. Hassan had reluctantly given Leona this year away but now there is unrest in the sheikhdom, and Leona is at risk. Releasing Ethan, Hassan keeps Leona on his yacht and makes her promise to return to him for the remaining months of his father’s frail life. Leona knows that ...more
Janie
Rating: 3.5 stars.

Turns out I've already read this before! XD .. Back in 2011. No wonder the plot sounded so familiar. T__T
Jenny
Jul 13, 2015 Jenny rated it really liked it
Very emotional love story, great chemistry and the writing was superb!
Aug 02, 2012 Sarah rated it did not like it
Shelves: garage-sale
Esra
Oct 16, 2014 Esra rated it really liked it
Shelves: harlequin
Arap şeyhleriyle ilgili okuduğum ilk hikayeydi bu ama çok beğendim... Vay be şeyhler böyle mi oluyormuş dedim yani yalan değil.. Eğer böylelerse tutmayın beni Katar'a kuzenimin yanına taşınacağım acilen :D Neyse.. öhömm.. Bu kitap biz de serinin ilk kitabı olarak mı çıktı acaba yoksa evie ve raschidin hikayesi de çıktı mı çıktıysa adı ne onu da okumalıyım.. Rafiq'in hikayesini de bekliyorum çok sevdim onu da :)
Lu Bielefeld *Book Whore Brazil*
#favorito #recomendo
------------
==>Re-read November 28, 2016
==>Read October 9, 2012
Tigger
Jan 03, 2017 Tigger rated it liked it
Good read and onto the next in this series
KC
Hassan and Leona argued too much throughout the book for me to find it romantic. Considering the problem they were facing, I did not understand Leona's hesitation in using modern science to help her and Hassan conceive. She exacerbated an already emotionally and politically charged dilemma by resisting Hassan's efforts to find a solution. (view spoiler) ...more
Bukola
Aug 03, 2014 Bukola rated it really liked it
I loved this one.. Would have loved it more if the story didn't keep on dragging on and on.. All in all it was a great read. The ending had me in tears.

Leona thinks her marriage to Sheikh Hassan is storybook perfect until she discovers that she may not be able to conceive and her husband's people are calling for him to take a second wife to produce an heir.
Hassan only cares about Leona—not her reproduction abilities—so when she leaves him, he gives her some time on her own before he goes to re
I am Gamz
A good story about a couple's struggle with infertility. As Sheikh of his kingdom, Hassan went against his people's wishes by marrying Leona, a British red head. Complicating matters, Leona learns that due to problems with her ovaries she may never be able to conceive.

This puts a strain on the marriage and causes Leona to leave her husband. At the beginning of the book, they have been separated for a year. Hassan realizes that he has to take matters into his own hands if their relationship is t
Baseballmom
Oct 18, 2014 Baseballmom rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When A Man Loves A Woman..... d:)

What we have here is a couple who loves each other, but are determined to do the right thing. The h is married to a prince and having trouble conceiving, so she wants to let the H go so he can remarry and have heirs. The H is being pressured for heirs, but wants no other woman and doesn't care about heirs. The book offers the H's POV and you get a front row seat into his feelings and how he plots to move heaven and earth to keep the woman he loves. This one is a
Missy
Jul 14, 2014 Missy rated it really liked it
A powerful passionate read. One hot sexy sheihk very much in love with his barren beautiful wife and determined to be by her side till death. One wife determined to leave her husband so he can take a second wife and start a family; not realizing that they need each other to be happy. Under intense plotting and sly comments from cabinet officials can they believe in their love enough to stay together?
Consuela Rossetto
May 24, 2015 Consuela Rossetto rated it really liked it
Shelves: harmony
Convinta che qualcuno stia cercando di rapirla, Leona fa per urlare, quando riconosce il marito, lo sceicco Hassan ben Khalifa Al-Quadin, da cui è separata da più di un anno.
Nonostante l'amore reciproco, infatti, i doveri politici e la necessità di avere un erede li hanno obbligati a lasciarsi.
E ora cosa vorrà da lei? La tensione è alta, ma tutto comincia a chiarirsi durante il volo che li porterà a Port Said.
Qui, però, alcune persone cercano di separarli a qualsiasi costo.
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Roub
Apr 13, 2014 Roub rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
nice enough but i cud not help feeling leona was dramatizing the situation. i also wish der had been some misunderstanding or smthg 4 their separation or dat hassan cud have been more of an ass. but der was nthg unpleasant abt him. he was huge, besotted n so damn nice, caring only n foremost abt leona. well, this did not work 4 an additional amount of angst !
Bookabulary
Jan 31, 2015 Bookabulary rated it really liked it
This book is one of my favorites by MR. I loved Hassan! Ahhh! His and Leona's chemistry was beautiful to read and at the same time, I loved the topic they had to deal with in their story. Infertility is hard enough for anyone but was on another level to deal when you have the responsibility to provide an heir for your kingdom. I liked how everything worked out in the end.
Carmen
MR created a great series of HPs with strong characters with equally strong storylines. The interconnecting stories in this series have been very satisfying. Kleypas has been doing this with great success over the years and it is fantasic to see MR do the same
Teresa
Dec 07, 2014 Teresa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Disappointed

Michelle Reid is a favorite author when I want a quick read. I did not enjoy the characters or storyline of this book. But, I encourage readers to try her other books which are great reads.
Gwen
Jul 14, 2012 Gwen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: azur
L'un des rares azur où j'ai adoré l'histoire et les personnages de A à Z.
C'est peut-être le meilleur azur que j'ai jamais lu ! :)
A lire !
Je veux la même robe que celle qu'elle a sur la couverture ! :) ^^
Penny Watson
Feb 14, 2014 Penny Watson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4/4.5 stars

Another great one! Very well-written, with lots of intrigue and behind-the-scenes political drama. The end was a bit too melodramatic, but otherwise I really liked this one.
Kath
Mar 28, 2016 Kath rated it it was amazing
Bellisimo! una historia que en definitiva vale la pena leer... me encanto de principio a fin, ojala hubiesen mas historias asi... Inshallah!
ms bookjunkie
I liked it a lot (though I did sorta squint sideways at some of the sheikh stuff) and now want to reread Evie and Raschid's book…
Shavon Kennedy
Shavon Kennedy rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2016
Donna Thomas
Donna Thomas rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2012
Aimee
Aimee rated it liked it
Feb 10, 2012
Dee
Dee rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2014
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2016
Goodreads Librari...: Incorrect synopsis: Please correct the Kindle edition 2 18 Dec 15, 2015 10:49AM
  • Public Wife, Private Mistress (Italian Husbands)
  • The Veranchetti Marriage
  • The Desert King  (Throne of Judar #3)
  • The Sheikh's Chosen Queen (Desert Kings, #1)
  • Raul's Revenge
  • The Scorsolini Marriage Bargain (Royal Brides, #5; Scorsolini Princes, #3)
  • Tamed: The Barbarian King (Dark-Hearted Desert Men #2)
  • Wedlocked: Banished Sheikh, Untouched Queen (Dark-Hearted Desert Men #1)
Hi, my name is Michelle Reid and I’ve been writing for Harlequin Mills & Boon for the last twenty years, and the crazy part about it is that I only realised it had been twenty years while updating this page!

So, hang on for a minute while I take this huge milestone in....

Twenty years with almost forty books published or in the pipeline ... I know it isn’t a great average when compared with some
More about Michelle Reid...

Hot-Blooded Husbands (5 books)
  • Ethan's Temptress Bride