Start by marking “The Wrong Side of the Tracks, Book 1” as Want to Read:
The Wrong Side of the Tracks, Book 1

The Wrong Side of the Tracks, Book 1

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  90 ratings  ·  12 reviews
14 year old Stephen moves into a tough neighborhood and soon finds himself in love with Kristine, one of the prettiest girls in his class. Kristine appears to like him, too, but Stephen learns she "belongs" to a big, mean football player who's three years older. Despite warnings from his best friend, Stephen moves ahead anyway. All hell breaks loose. Will Stephen allow him ...more
Published (first published May 27th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Wrong Side of the Tracks, Book 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wrong Side of the Tracks, Book 1

John
Wow. What a really good story. Great characters and a sort of "cliffhanger" ending. Can't wait to pick up Book 2!
Rhoda D'Ettore
Master of character development, Mike Wells, pumps out another winner! Mr. Wells taps into a stage in life that can easily connect with all readers--adolescence. Riddled with the things, good and bad, that every teen experiences, this books pulls the reader in immediately. Peer pressure, teen crushes, drunken and broken homes, bullies, and friendships twist this story into a tale that could be told by anyone, yet can only be brought to life by one--Mr. Wells. From the annoying little brother you ...more
Nancy Fornataro
With his usual flair, Mike Wells brings us vivid young characters, and a scene at a dinner table that reminded me of our house!! thanks for a really fun read, Mike!!
Terry Crawford Palardy
Young men begin as growing boys, and pass through challenges of adolescence surrounded by peers. The characters in this story are high school students, ninth grade and some eleventh, some wealthy and some without luxuries in their lives.

Their friendships are controlled in large part by their geography within their town. The haves are with the haves, and the have nots stay close to each other.

Mike Wells has a clear understand of adolescence demonstrated in the real and raw emotions he shows thro
Janice Spina
While reading this book I was reminded of Stephen King's, Stand By Me, with its' family problems and the hard luck attitude of the characters. These characters are so real and their lives so heart wrenching that I was quickly drawn into the story. The main character is someone we all knew growing up, a good kid who tries hard to fit in yet as the same time wants to blend in and not be noticed.

Mike Wells has done an outstanding job on this book creating a touching and emotional story that grips
Diana
While I found the storyline intriguing and the characters endearing, I was disappointed that this story was cut short. It's not a first book in a series, but rather, the first half of a book. Nothing was resolved, therefore, it's unfinished. I think the author needs to be honest and just put both parts of the book together into one complete story instead of trying to say they are two separate novels. Disappointed in this incomplete novel. If I was reviewing both "books" as one novel, my rating w ...more
Chip Luonuansuu
A coming of age story everyone can relate to. Two friends share the joys, and heartache of the teen years.
Cora Ramos
2 Part book. Excellent, engaging, well worth reading whether you are a teenager or adult. Wonderfully compelling read.
Tina
need to get book 2 the anticipation of what happens next can't wait
Jen
good book of coming of age
Victoria Newman
Is a great book to read
Michelle Laurel
Michelle Laurel marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Michael Delugg
Michael Delugg marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Margaretha
Margaretha marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Alexis Rae Hudson
Alexis Rae Hudson marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Darlene Vann
Darlene Vann marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Henry Blegen
Henry Blegen is currently reading it
Nov 03, 2014
Judyalex
Judyalex marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Last Stop This Town
  • Mortal Ghost
  • Falling (Bits and Pieces #1)
  • 7 Folds of Winter
  • Shadow of Darkness (Creature Kid, #1)
  • A Measure of Disorder (Mother-Earth, #1)
  • Autumn in the City of Angels (The Autumn Series, #1)
  • Watchers of the Night
  • In Chains (In Chains, #1)
  • Pirate Hunter
  • The Mousetrap
  • Arctic Kill (Executioner)
  • Dover Beach (The Last P.I., #1)
  • The Legend of Kimberly: Inheritance
  • A Timely Curse
  • Atticus for the Undead
  • Quicksilver (The Forensic Geology Series, Prequel)
  • Almost Kings
FRIEND ME HERE AND GET A FREE COPY OF ONE OF MY BESTSELLING EBOOKS! I'm American bestselling author of the Lust, Money & Murder series and over 20 other thriller and suspense books. I also have taught in the Creative Writing program at Oxford. I'm known for my super fast-paced, 'unputdownable' novels.

Please visit my website/blog at:

And please join me on Twitter an
More about Mike Wells...
Lust (Lust, Money & Murder, #1) Wild Child Lust, Money & Murder (Lust, Money & Murder, #1-3) Money (Lust, Money & Murder, #2) Murder (Lust, Money & Murder, #3)