Start by marking “The Breakup Bible: The Smart Woman's Guide to Healing from a Breakup or Divorce” as Want to Read:
The Breakup Bible: The Smart Woman's Guide to Healing from a Breakup or Divorce

The Breakup Bible: The Smart Woman's Guide to Healing from a Breakup or Divorce

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  42 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Breakups are an unfortunate but inevitable part of every woman’s life, and there’s no denying that the heartache experienced after the ending of a serious relationship can be excruciating. But it doesn’t have to feel insurmountable, and there is always hope to be found.

In The Breakup Bible, psychotherapist and breakup expert Rachel Sussman reveals the secrets every woman
Published December 27th 2011 by Harmony

To ask other readers questions about The Breakup Bible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Breakup Bible

Although the book has very good points, and is efficient in its purpose, a little dose of comedy would go a long way and there just wasn't enough. However, I would recommend it to anyone who is grieving over an ended marriage or just moving on in general.
A very handy guide. Sometimes the enthusiasm and "You can do it!" spirit of it feels a bit contrived, and it would be an stretch to say that the book's guidelines can be molded to every situation and cultural context.

But I really, really like the organic transition the author makes to discussing the ex and the breakup to focusing on you and rebuilding your life. She also talks about the complexities of dealing with exes you have children with and the evasiveness of closure. One of the most usef
Danielle
I initially borrowed this book from the library hoping it would help me cope with the recent breakup of my 14 year relationship. I found the book was very informative and helpful if you're the one who was dumped or cheated on but in my case I'm the one who left the relationship. I didn't find the book was of much use to me. I still feel the same emotions as someone who was dumped/abandoned/cheated on but there wasn't anything in this book to help the women who leave good men who didn't do anythi ...more
Sharon A.
Healing + Understanding + Transformation are the focus on this book. Written by a female psychotherapist who lives in Manhattan. She's young, and not that experienced in life (in my opinion) to write such a book. It's fluffy and not very deep.
Lorianne
I found this at my local library and decided to read it. It helped out a lot. I found some great insight on my last relationship. I actually did most of the projects (most were fairly simple) and they actually helped me with myself and my life. I think this is a great book to read no matter how early or late it was from a breakup. This helped me heal and help me put things into perspective.
Gina
Game changer. Sussman is encouraging and reaffirming and unwavering in her determination to help women in need. Covers the initial period following a breakup to our transformation into self-assured, successful, happy women!
Getting the past 18 years figured out!
Jocelyn Enamorado
Jocelyn Enamorado marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Deana Joi
Deana Joi marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Reet
Reet is currently reading it
Mar 06, 2015
Alyssa
Alyssa marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Aishwarya Saxena
Aishwarya Saxena marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Yamini Singh
Yamini Singh marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Wenoa
Wenoa marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Rowa Barashi
Rowa Barashi marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Carly
Carly is currently reading it
Jan 15, 2015