Start by marking “The Breakup Bible: The Smart Woman's Guide to Healing from a Breakup or Divorce” as Want to Read:
The Breakup Bible: The Smart Woman's Guide to Healing from a Breakup or Divorce

The Breakup Bible: The Smart Woman's Guide to Healing from a Breakup or Divorce

3.99  ·  Rating Details  ·  74 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Breakups are an unfortunate but inevitable part of every woman’s life, and there’s no denying that the heartache experienced after the ending of a serious relationship can be excruciating. But it doesn’t have to feel insurmountable, and there is always hope to be found.

In The Breakup Bible, psychotherapist and breakup expert Rachel Sussman reveals the secrets every woman
Published December 27th 2011 by Harmony

To ask other readers questions about The Breakup Bible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Breakup Bible

Danielle
Jun 11, 2014 Danielle rated it it was ok
I initially borrowed this book from the library hoping it would help me cope with the recent breakup of my 14 year relationship. I found the book was very informative and helpful if you're the one who was dumped or cheated on but in my case I'm the one who left the relationship. I didn't find the book was of much use to me. I still feel the same emotions as someone who was dumped/abandoned/cheated on but there wasn't anything in this book to help the women who leave good men who didn't do anythi ...more
Dec 19, 2011 Sarah rated it liked it
Although the book has very good points, and is efficient in its purpose, a little dose of comedy would go a long way and there just wasn't enough. However, I would recommend it to anyone who is grieving over an ended marriage or just moving on in general.
Aug 23, 2012 Sarah rated it really liked it
A very handy guide. Sometimes the enthusiasm and "You can do it!" spirit of it feels a bit contrived, and it would be an stretch to say that the book's guidelines can be molded to every situation and cultural context.

But I really, really like the organic transition the author makes to discussing the ex and the breakup to focusing on you and rebuilding your life. She also talks about the complexities of dealing with exes you have children with and the evasiveness of closure. One of the most usef
Sam
Mar 19, 2015 Sam rated it liked it
Healing + Understanding + Transformation are the focus on this book. Written by a female psychotherapist who lives in Manhattan. She's young, and not that experienced in life (in my opinion) to write such a book. It's fluffy and not very deep.
Lorianne
Oct 18, 2012 Lorianne rated it really liked it
I found this at my local library and decided to read it. It helped out a lot. I found some great insight on my last relationship. I actually did most of the projects (most were fairly simple) and they actually helped me with myself and my life. I think this is a great book to read no matter how early or late it was from a breakup. This helped me heal and help me put things into perspective.
Carolyn
Apr 23, 2016 Carolyn rated it it was amazing
Really helpful resource after my breakup with my husband. It gives me hope.
Gina
Nov 18, 2014 Gina rated it it was amazing
Game changer. Sussman is encouraging and reaffirming and unwavering in her determination to help women in need. Covers the initial period following a breakup to our transformation into self-assured, successful, happy women!
Sep 24, 2012 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Getting the past 18 years figured out!
Margie Ramos
Margie Ramos marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
Lorena Téllez
Lorena Téllez rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2016
Taryn
Taryn is currently reading it
Jul 17, 2016
Chloe Goacher-Huggett
Chloe Goacher-Huggett marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Thet Hnin
Thet Hnin rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2016
Sherley Martinez
Sherley Martinez marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2016
mardelldeardorf
mardelldeardorf marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2016
Nelvie Monteo
Nelvie Monteo marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
Emjhoy
Emjhoy marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2016
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2016
Desiree
Desiree is currently reading it
Jun 29, 2016
Veronica Barrientos
Veronica Barrientos marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Alison
Alison is currently reading it
Jun 27, 2016
Marie Lua
Marie Lua marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
Emelda R
Emelda R marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Kristine Vigil
Kristine Vigil marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Megan Welliver
Megan Welliver marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Lynn Sanborn Campbell
Lynn Sanborn Campbell rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2016
Shamrin
Shamrin marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2016
Neha Kashyap
Neha Kashyap is currently reading it
Jun 14, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Tin Soldier (Seven Halos, #2)
  • Please God Let it Be Herpes: A Heartfelt Quest For Love and Companionship
  • Roselli's Gold
  • Shaman's Blood
  • The Editor's Lexicon: Essential Writing Terms for Novelists
  • Faithful, Fit & Fabulous: Get Back to Basics and Transform Your Life - in just 8 Weeks
  • Rust
  • MarcoAntonio & Amaryllis
  • Ten Tea Parties: Patriotic Protests That History Forgot
  • The 8 Minute Organizer: Easy Solutions to Simplify Your Life in Your Spare Time
  • Fierce Beauty: Choosing to Stand for What Matters Most
  • Home Remedies for Mind and Body mini book
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Vegan Living
  • The Immigrant Advantage: What We Can Learn from Newcomers to America about Health, Happiness and Hope
  • Monologue