The Breakup Bible: The Smart Woman's Guide to Healing from a Breakup or Divorce

The Breakup Bible: The Smart Woman's Guide to Healing from a Breakup or Divorce

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Breakups are an unfortunate but inevitable part of every woman’s life, and there’s no denying that the heartache experienced after the ending of a serious relationship can be excruciating. But it doesn’t have to feel insurmountable, and there is always hope to be found.

In The Breakup Bible, psychotherapist and breakup expert Rachel Sussman reveals the secrets every woman...more
Published December 27th 2011 by Harmony

Although the book has very good points, and is efficient in its purpose, a little dose of comedy would go a long way and there just wasn't enough. However, I would recommend it to anyone who is grieving over an ended marriage or just moving on in general.
A very handy guide. Sometimes the enthusiasm and "You can do it!" spirit of it feels a bit contrived, and it would be an stretch to say that the book's guidelines can be molded to every situation and cultural context.

But I really, really like the organic transition the author makes to discussing the ex and the breakup to focusing on you and rebuilding your life. She also talks about the complexities of dealing with exes you have children with and the evasiveness of closure. One of the most usef...more
Lorianne
I found this at my local library and decided to read it. It helped out a lot. I found some great insight on my last relationship. I actually did most of the projects (most were fairly simple) and they actually helped me with myself and my life. I think this is a great book to read no matter how early or late it was from a breakup. This helped me heal and help me put things into perspective.
Getting the past 18 years figured out!
Breanna White-bear
Breanna White-bear marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
Anita Rodriguez
Anita Rodriguez marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Riv
Riv added it
Feb 27, 2014
Lee
Lee marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2014
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2014
Kathie H
Kathie H marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2013
Aseel Al-jaied
Aseel Al-jaied marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2013
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2013
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2013
Lisa Camacho
Lisa Camacho marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2013
Melissa Fleming
Melissa Fleming marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2013
Heatherj82
Heatherj82 marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2013
Pascale
Pascale marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2013
Abby04
Abby04 added it
Jul 10, 2013
Laura added it
Jul 05, 2013
Isa
Isa marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2013