Start by marking “Wild Hearts (Avon Romance)” as Want to Read:
Wild Hearts (Avon Romance)

Wild Hearts (Avon Romance)

Snatched from the clutches of the wealthy scoundrel who was about to make her his wife, beautiful Tabby Lamont is carried into the night by the daring Scottish lord they call 'The Rogue'. Frightened and furious, she swears never to submit to the lust of her bold abductor. Held hostage in the silk and splendour of his remote Highland castle, her resolve melts as anger turns

Published May 22nd 2011 (first published February 1st 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Wild Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Hearts

Elis Madison
I’ve probably seen more confused and confusing protagonists in these old bodice rippers, but I’m hard pressed to name them.

The guy: Paris Cockburn

Yeah, that's his name. Anyway, when his father dies, he learns that the old man has been paying an orphanage for the care of a young girl. He goes to see the chit and instantly realizes she’s a Cockburn too—and that the mistress of the orphanage is an abusive old bat who ill-treats the children. He makes promises to the girl that he’ll help her find h
Regan Walker
Aug 20, 2015 Regan Walker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Virginia Henley's work, but this one disappointed. If one considers it is an early work by this Master of Historical Romance, it becomes clearer why it's a Scottish tale that isn’t believable in places.

Originally published in 1985, this was Henley’s third book. Her style and writing has improved so much since, you have to see this as an early work though the eBook was published in 2011.

As the story opens, we are in Scotland at the time King James began to rule over both England and Scotla
Melissa
Oct 27, 2008 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Historical romance. Set in the time of James I in the Scottish Highlands. I like her books.
Alanna Jenkins
Wild Hearts is about Tabby Lamont, who has grown up in an Edinburgh orphanage in the reign of King James. She is rescued from the orphanage by a wealthy older gentleman who pays for her hand in marriage. She thinks herself incredibly lucky and is looking forward to a life of luxury, until she is kidnapped on her wedding night by her benefactor in the orphanage, Paris ‘Rogue’ Cockburn. Paris has heard of her upcoming nuptials and is desperate to protect her from the man who has bought her hand in ...more
Teecee
Oct 30, 2016 Teecee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bellissimo.
TowerPrincess
Aug 31, 2016 TowerPrincess rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first ever romance novel. I first read this in my Grandmother's assisted living home library at the tender age of 13 (in complete secrecy, of course). This was the start of it all. In it I learned that I loved a strong, obsessive, possessive hero, admired a fiery heroine (albeit wishing for a little more common sense), and hated infidelity with a passion.

Mixed feelings about this one. This is definitely an old school bodice-ripper and is most definitely not for 13 year-olds :)
Doreen
Apr 17, 2012 Doreen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2012
I would have liked to have given a better score than that. Virginia Henley is a good writer. Unfortunately the book contains serious anachronisms and mistakes which annoyed me too much. Bloomers - in the time of James I and VI. Boxes of chocolates. Leith suddenly translating itself to the Atlantic coast. Sea otters off the coast of Scotland. This is the sort of thing that spoils an otherwise competent piece of writing.
Jamie
May 30, 2013 Jamie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read this over ten years ago and could only remember parts of it. I finished it in a night, and love the family which is what pushes this along. She built this book to be able to write about other characters and I want Tabby and Rogue to be happy which again is why I read romance. I didn't mind the small mistakes I adore her as a writer.
Kesha
Jan 23, 2015 Kesha marked it as could-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
Too many elements I don't like in a book. The Cockburns were kind of hilarious. I get that Paris' wife is an evil bitch but he is still actively trying to bang Tabby while the wife is in the upstairs tower. Biggest issue is she is 17 and he is 27, why couldn't she be a virginal 21.
Gorgo Mage
Aug 10, 2011 Gorgo Mage rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was really cute. It was weird though, cuz they were friends and then they hated each other and then they....welll i wont give it away. It was cute....both red heads if i can remember correctly.
Ellie Potts
Apr 07, 2012 Ellie Potts rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: the-best
I read this book over 15 years ago and have been looking for it. recently i found it in ebook format so rereading it was a blast.
Jae
Apr 07, 2016 Jae marked it as dnf
I started reading this 3 months ago, picked up something else and never came back to it. Time to give up the ghost. Oh welp, at least it was free.
Gardavson
I generally like her books, but this one for some reason was extremely hard to get into. It had all the elements for a good book, it just didn't read well for me.
Julie
Oct 17, 2014 Julie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
enjoyable book
Ptitepuce
Ptitepuce rated it really liked it
May 04, 2012
Charlotte
Charlotte rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2008
Tanya Breakiron
Tanya Breakiron rated it really liked it
Oct 03, 2012
Lauren (Sugar & Snark)
Lauren (Sugar & Snark) rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2009
ButterFly_87
ButterFly_87 rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2011
Tanya Turner
Tanya Turner rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2016
Linda
Linda rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2013
Bethe
Bethe rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2016
Rani
Rani rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2015
Gwen
Oct 14, 2013 Gwen rated it liked it
Shelves: romance-vo
Bon livre, mais ce n'est pas le meilleur de Virginia Henley.
Jazmin
Jazmin rated it did not like it
Jan 02, 2015
Yolanda
Yolanda rated it liked it
Sep 17, 2010
HorseReader
HorseReader rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2016
Hena71
Hena71 rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2013
Carol
Carol rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2016
Nanettestuckey
Nanettestuckey rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2012
  • The Panther and the Pearl
  • The Rogue and the Hellion (Rogue Trilogy #1)
  • Untamed (Wild Women, #1)
  • Love and War (Coltrane, #1)
  • Border Lord (Border, #1)
  • Emerald Embrace
  • A Christmas Baby (Rogues Club, #4)
  • Winter's Heat (The Seasons Series, #1)
  • Isle of Lies (Scottish Duo, #1)
  • The Renegade and the Rose (Renegade, Rebel and Rogue, #1)
  • The Impostor Bride
  • The Warrior Trainer (Stones of Destiny, #1)
  • Reckless Heart
  • Angel of Skye (MacPherson Clan, #1)
  • Into The Woods
  • Lady Scandal
  • The Devil of Kilmartin (Kilmartin Glen, #1)
  • Powerful Magic
Virginia Syddall was born on December 5, 1935 in England, where her father, Thomas Syddall, taught her to love history. She obtained a degree in History in the University. In 1956, Virginia married Arthur Henley. They moved to America, and now they live most of the year in St. Petersburg, Florida, and they spend the hot summers in Ontario, Canada, where they have their two adult children and three ...more
More about Virginia Henley...