Start by marking “The Rake’s Mistress” as Want to Read:
The Rake’s Mistress

The Rake’s Mistress (Bluestocking Brides #3)

3.65  ·  Rating Details  ·  122 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews

Lord Lucas Kestrel's anger turns to desire when he meets Miss Rebecca Raleigh. He believes that she's one of the scandalous Archangel courtesans, but he quickly discovers that not only is she innocent she is, in fact, the woman he's been seeking....

Lucas has an agenda. He has to get close to Rebecca, court her, even seduce her, to try to discover if she's smuggling secrets

Published by Harlequin (first published December 3rd 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Rake’s Mistress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rake’s Mistress

Carrie Olguin
Reasonably entertaining story with sensual sex scenes. Apparently this is part of a series and of course I read this out of order (I think the first book in the series is the Virtous Cyprian which I will probably read this week). The fact became apparent at the end where the characters sum up what has happened, most of which did not happen in this book. So I suggest reading the two books in order.

The story contains that "I won't marry him because I love him" line that I'm beginning to loathe (he
Hilary
glass etching
Seema
Okay story of an engraver and part of a series
Cassia
Apr 27, 2013 Cassia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good reading, but my first impression of the "Bluestocking Brides" is not to be compared with "The Scandalous Women of the Ton" and "Brides of Fortune". These series both show a more mature writing: more accurate psychology of characters, well balanced mix of action and romance, last but not least, more tasty, passionate scenes.
Mllynn
Pretty good, characters were well rounded and interesting. the plot was also involving and kept me interested for the most part. The only downside was the ending it didn't really do the characters justice and it seemed sort of rushed, but overall not bad.
Elle
Sep 28, 2011 Elle rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, I read this one out of order, but it is much stronger than the first story in the series. A little frustrating in that where good dramatic tension develops between the characters, the ultimate resolutions come too easily.
Joycee
I was pleasantly surprised - it was a sweet love story. The side intrigue was just enough - didn't overwhelm the romance. I want to read Richard & Deb's story now (even though it'll be out of order).
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Sexy historical with a dashing twist of intrigue. I especially liked the look into the life of the engraver. Obviously, certain liberties were taken for the story, but I still enjoyed it nonetheless.
Steph N
Oh the shame. This is a run of the mill historical romance. I wanted something light and funny with a guaranteed happy ending (no pun intended). This is that book.
Freud's Nightmare
This one’s just your average romance novel; no more, no less.
Jasey
Feb 02, 2012 Jasey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kelli Doederlein
Kelli Doederlein marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Milos Trifunovic
Milos Trifunovic marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
MrsMascara
MrsMascara marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
May 31, 2016
Irma04
Irma04 added it
May 27, 2016
Iris
Iris marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Pam
Pam added it
May 26, 2016
Alysha
Alysha marked it as to-read
May 10, 2016
Syreeta
Syreeta marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Ana Rodrigues
Ana Rodrigues marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
Laura rated it liked it
Apr 15, 2016
MARION
MARION marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2016
Desi
Desi marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Megan Hunt
Megan Hunt marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2016
Maria
Maria rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • His Secret Duchess
  • Desert Eden (Devereaux Family #3)
  • Her Warrior King
  • The Lover
  • Seduced by a Rogue (Rogue Trilogy, #2)
  • The Duke's Desire (Harlequin Historical, #528)
  • Dearly Beloved
  • The Unexpected Bride
  • The Shocking Lord Standon (Scandalous Ravenhursts, #3)
  • The Lawman's Bride
  • The Countess Bride
  • The Secrets of the Heart
  • The Storm and the Splendor
  • Tempting Kate (Regency Quartet, #3)
  • The Prisoner (Orphan, #1)
  • The Dark Knight (Montagues, #4)
  • In the Master's Bed
International bestselling author Nicola Cornick writes romantic historical mysteries and witty and passionate Regency romance. She studied History at London and Oxford and was awarded a distinction for her dissertation on historical heroes. It was a tough study but someone had to do it. Nicola has a “double life” as a writer and guide at the stunning 17th century hunting lodge, Ashdown House.

Nicol
More about Nicola Cornick...

Bluestocking Brides (5 books)
  • The Notorious Lord (Bluestocking Brides, #1)
  • One Night of Scandal (Bluestocking Brides, #2)
  • Christmas Wedding Belles: The Pirate's Kiss/ A Smuggler's Tale/ The Sailor's Bride  (Includes: Bluestocking Brides #3,5)
  • The Last Rake In London (Bluestocking Brides, #4)