The Rake’s Mistress

The Rake’s Mistress (Bluestocking Brides #3)

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  92 ratings  ·  9 reviews

Lord Lucas Kestrel's anger turns to desire when he meets Miss Rebecca Raleigh. He believes that she's one of the scandalous Archangel courtesans, but he quickly discovers that not only is she innocent she is, in fact, the woman he's been seeking....

Lucas has an agenda. He has to get close to Rebecca, court her, even seduce her, to try to discover if she's smuggling secrets

Published by Harlequin (first published December 3rd 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Rake’s Mistress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rake’s Mistress

Carrie Olguin
Reasonably entertaining story with sensual sex scenes. Apparently this is part of a series and of course I read this out of order (I think the first book in the series is the Virtous Cyprian which I will probably read this week). The fact became apparent at the end where the characters sum up what has happened, most of which did not happen in this book. So I suggest reading the two books in order.

The story contains that "I won't marry him because I love him" line that I'm beginning to loathe (he...more
Cassia
A good reading, but my first impression of the "Bluestocking Brides" is not to be compared with "The Scandalous Women of the Ton" and "Brides of Fortune". These series both show a more mature writing: more accurate psychology of characters, well balanced mix of action and romance, last but not least, more tasty, passionate scenes.
Mllynn
Pretty good, characters were well rounded and interesting. the plot was also involving and kept me interested for the most part. The only downside was the ending it didn't really do the characters justice and it seemed sort of rushed, but overall not bad.
Elle
Well, I read this one out of order, but it is much stronger than the first story in the series. A little frustrating in that where good dramatic tension develops between the characters, the ultimate resolutions come too easily.
Joycee
I was pleasantly surprised - it was a sweet love story. The side intrigue was just enough - didn't overwhelm the romance. I want to read Richard & Deb's story now (even though it'll be out of order).
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Sexy historical with a dashing twist of intrigue. I especially liked the look into the life of the engraver. Obviously, certain liberties were taken for the story, but I still enjoyed it nonetheless.
Steph N
Oh the shame. This is a run of the mill historical romance. I wanted something light and funny with a guaranteed happy ending (no pun intended). This is that book.
Freud's Nightmare
This one’s just your average romance novel; no more, no less.
Jasey
Marcela Alejandra
Marcela Alejandra marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Dana
Dana marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Hope Szabo
Hope Szabo marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Swee
Swee added it
Aug 08, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Ronnie
Ronnie added it
Jun 25, 2014
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
USA Today bestselling author Nicola Cornick writes witty and passionate Regency historicals for HQN Books and MIRA. She studied History at London and Oxford and was awarded a distinction for her dissertation on historical heroes. It was a tough study but someone had to do it. Nicola has a “double life” as a writer and guide at the stunning 17th century hunting lodge, Ashdown House.

Romantic Times h...more
More about Nicola Cornick...
Whisper of Scandal (The Scandalous Women of the Ton, #1) One Wicked Sin (The Scandalous Women of the Ton, #2) Mistress by Midnight (The Scandalous Women of the Ton, #3) Desired (The Scandalous Women of the Ton, #5) The Confessions of a Duchess (The Brides of Fortune #1)