Start by marking “Shooting Star (Cattle Valley, #24)” as Want to Read:
Shooting Star (Cattle Valley, #24)

Shooting Star (Cattle Valley #24)

Fleeing Hollywood from damaging and false tabloid reports, Brac Riesling hides out with his friends Kit and Hawk in Cattle Valley. Although he believes he’s simply evading intrusive paparazzi, danger lurks just around the corner.

After years spent as a secret soldier for the United States government, new Cattle Valley deputy, Al Jessup believes shielding the television hear
Published July 4th 2011 by Total E-Bound

To ask other readers questions about Shooting Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shooting Star

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Nov 15, 2011 Bubbles Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
I really loved this book. Thats all i sayin
Honey
I love the Cattle Valley series, but I didn't enjoy this latest instalment at all. Because of Jessup’s past, the dynamics of his and Brac’s relationship was relegated to Brac chasing Jessup at every turn. Brac was spineless and prideless (of course, it was all based on their supposed connection) and I got tired of reading about it fast. Al Jessup did was rebuff him and it was always Brac apologising or chastising himself over not being patient enough – anymore patience and he would have gone to ...more
Librarian Kate
Sep 02, 2011 Librarian Kate rated it really liked it
Wow, the hot men just keep coming, don't they? *eye roll* To Cattle Valley, I mean. This keeps up, they're gonna need suburbs!

And as a kind of unrelated but welcome observation, the editing for this series has gotten WAY better. In earlier stories, there would be typos/misspellings, confusion with stuff like they're/there/their...kept pulling me out of the book. The last four stories have been a welcome change!
Lena Grey
Sep 30, 2011 Lena Grey rated it really liked it
Love often comes along when we least expect it. In Shooting Star by Carol Lynne, neither Brac Riesling nor Al Jessup were anticipating falling in love; but as the saying goes: “Sometimes the perfect person for you is the one you least expect” ~ Unknown. How they react to this revelation creates a conflict which throws both of them into chaos.

When Brac comes to Cattle Valley, he's immediately impressed with the honesty of the community. Being a big star carries with it a huge burden—no private li
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
I read Carol Lynne books because they make me feel good and they make me smile in the end. For me, it's easy to connect with the characters and enjoy their story. This book is no different.

I really loved it and right from the start I adored Jessup and Brac. They are such a sweet, cute couple that at the littlest headway of their relationship progressing gave me a little bit of a goofy grin. Of course, there's not an emotionally messed up male character out there I don't love.

I liked the setting,
Susan65
Oct 23, 2011 Susan65 rated it really liked it
I really love this series but I wish the stories were a little longer with more depth. With that said, Caroly Lynne really does an amazing job with the series... I go for months waiting for the next book and when I pick it up I immediately fall right back into the story without needing a refresher read. I remember the people,the places and their stories. That says a lot!!!

In Shooting Star you finally learn about Jessup and his past. What's not to love about a six five mercenary with a heartbreak
Tina
Jul 06, 2011 Tina rated it really liked it
Carol Lynne has NEVER let me down with a story. I've been a fan for years. Her characters are real, with good qualities, some flaws, and the emotional baggage we carry from our pasts. One could think with the 24th story from the same series it might get a little old. IT NEVER DOES. People like finger prints are all different and the 'families' she creates in Cattle Valley are no different. Each story has touched a different part of my heart.

Oh to really have a place where people can live in harm
Cynthia Osborne
Jul 06, 2011 Cynthia Osborne rated it it was amazing
It was a wonderful trip back to Cattle Valley. I am always very happy how Carol brings the characters to life. She nevers gives us someone that has a perfect life because no one does and she doesn't give us simple answers to the problems not everything can turn out ok. I love Carol's writing.
Summer Michaels
4 stars.

I love the Cattle Valley series! I want to live there. I can't wait to read the next one!!
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

Shooting Star is another great title in the Cattle Valley series. When scandal strikes the hottest star on Pirate Cove, what better place to avoid reporters and photographers than Cattle Valley? And if you're just lucky to meet the hunky, muscular man of your dreams at the same time, all the better.

Brac is a well-developed character and fits in well with the Cattle Valley series. The character has the right balance of good old countr
Byron
Oct 28, 2011 Byron rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m-read, romance, cops
Yet again, Carol blows me away with her amazing series. This title brings in former characters and shows the way to yet another story.. These people are amazing and I love to keep reading the building of the town with all these personalities. I hope that Carol doesn't burn out on this series - or quite frankly ANYTHING she writes..

This story runs straight of the bat of the previous book. So it might help to have read that. The two lead characters are - well constructed. Interactions from second
Melissa
Feb 04, 2013 Melissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, mystery, hottie-cops
Al Jessup is assigned to protect Brac Reisling from the gossip hounds and the photographers looking to get an inside scoop on his life. They end up in a line cabin at the EZ Does It ranch to hideout until the paps get bored and go away.

Brac and Jessup have an instant chemistry that Brac wants more of and Jessup can't figure out what it is about Brac that makes him want to be with him. When Brac's life is put in danger, Jessup doesn't hesitate to put his own life on the line to keep Brac safe an
Jenny Wood
Apr 14, 2016 Jenny Wood rated it it was amazing
Awww, my heart broke for Jessup. I guess I too am a sucker for the broody and silent type. His background was so sad though, it's no wonder he was the way he was.... until he met Brac that is.
And Brac, I usually stay away from the billionaire's or the movie stars or rock gods, those types of reads just don't interest me in the least bit; but Brac.. sigh... he was so open and honest and genuine, I really liked him for Jessup.

I also loved how Priest got close to Brac; their banter and friendship
Shelby P
Jan 13, 2014 Shelby P rated it it was ok
It looks like Cattle Valley is becoming a home for displaced mercenaries and I'm not liking that trend. We already have Rio, Ryan, and Jessup. Jack/Ghost wanted to move to Cattle Valley and now it looks like Priest will be coming back. One reason I like this series is because usually the characters' lives aren't in mortal jeopardy. I don't necessarily like gun fighting in my romance novels.

It felt out of place when all of a sudden someone is trying to kill Brac. Didn't we have someone try to kil
Katherine
Aug 07, 2011 Katherine rated it did not like it
1.5

This was... Nothing. A whole lot of nothing.
With such good hot-topics as dating a TV star, mercenaries, Post-stress traumatic disorder, this book couldn't reach half of my expectations. I wanted more action, more drama, more EVERYTHING.

Jessup spent a good part of this book in a hospital bed, and sorry, but this have not "cured" his problems. I got a feeling that it would be another triad, but looks like no...

Brac was sexy and sweet, but this can't make the whole book good.

Hope next one gets b
Deeze
Jul 21, 2011 Deeze rated it liked it
Shelves: quick-easy-reads
Another lovely Cattle Valley story. Despite the story being along the same lines as others, (ie: at least one guy denying his feelings/believing he not worthy type thing), I still find the characters interesting and certainly lovable. Its a testamount to Carol Lynne that despite writing similer stories, she still makes them seem individual while reading. A sweet short read with enough mystery to keep it interesting. Still one of my favourite series. Looking forward to the next.
Miralinda
Jan 04, 2015 Miralinda rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-romance, 4-star
Последняя имеющаяся у меня книга из этой серии. Пока я ей насытилась.Общее впечатление - автор очень уж любит наделять героев страшными болезнями, неврозами и всякими напрягами и практически никогда полностью проблема не решается. В данной книге не понятно избавился Джессап от ночных кошмаров или продолжает плакать во сне.
Traci
Aug 07, 2013 Traci rated it really liked it
Shelves: fbi-cop-m-m
This was a good book, Hell all of them are good books. This continues the relationship of Kit and Hawk as well as Brac and Jessup. I like when the book pulls in other characters, hard to let them go..
Brenda (b)
Jul 23, 2011 Brenda (b) rated it really liked it
Brac is hiding out from the press and falling for Jessup at the same time. They need to find a way to put Jessup's past in the past. Jessup's friend, Priest is introduced here and I'm looking forward to his story.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Nice sweet story, but I sure wish I could have seen more of Jessup overcoming his issues and the development of his and Brac's relationship.
Anasofia934
Anasofia934 rated it it was amazing
Aug 08, 2015
Maxchaos
Maxchaos rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2013
Katherine
Katherine rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2014
Angela
Angela rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2014
Rituri
Rituri rated it it was ok
Jul 07, 2016
Tanja Readalot
Tanja Readalot rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2013
Louise
Louise rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2013
Foretta
Foretta rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2013
Letty
Letty rated it liked it
Jul 18, 2014
Megan
Megan rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2013
  • When the Dead Speak (Southern Spirits, #2)
  • Simply Perfection (Perfect Love, #4)
  • Two Sides of the Same Coin (Lucky Jeff Ranch, #1)
  • Long Way Home  (Red-Tainted Silence #2)
  • Ethan's Freedom (Portals, #1)
  • With This Ring (Tabloid Star, #2)
  • Truth or Dare (Cattle Valley Women, #1)
  • Love Means... Healing (Farm, #4.5)
  • Heart Thief
  • A Plain, Ordinary Cowboy (Uncommon Cowboys #5)
  • Falling (Falling #1)
  • Ride 'Em Again Cowboy (Ride 'Em, #2)
  • A Change of Tune (Change #1)
  • Cowboy Easy (Blaecleah Brothers #1)
  • Breaking Logan's Laws (Quinn Security, #4)
  • Guarding Morgan (Sanctuary, #1)
  • Lucky Boy

erotic & gay romances
More about Carol Lynne...

Cattle Valley (1 - 10 of 33 books)
  • All Play and No Work (Cattle Valley, #1)
  • Cattle Valley Mistletoe (Cattle Valley, #2)
  • Sweet Topping (Cattle Valley, #3)
  • Rough Ride (Cattle Valley, #4)
  • Physical Therapy (Cattle Valley, #5)
  • Out of the Shadow (Cattle Valley, #6)
  • Bad Boy Cowboy (Cattle Valley, #7)
  • The Sound of White  (Cattle Valley, #8)
  • Gone Surfin' (Cattle Valley, #9)
  • The Last Bouquet (Cattle Valley, #10)

“In the two days since Brac had discovered the fishing hole, he'd spent practically every waking moment with a rod in his hand.” 4 likes