Start by marking “La trampa del amor (Oscuros, #3)” as Want to Read:
La trampa del amor (Oscuros, #3)

La trampa del amor (Fallen #3)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  106,131 ratings  ·  4,921 reviews
Luce moriría por Daniel.

Y ya lo ha hecho.
En cada una de sus diferentes vidas, Daniel y ella se han encontrado y se han enamorado, solo para ser separados trágicamente justo después.
Pero ¿y si no tuviera por qué ser siempre así?
Luce está segura de que algo o alguien de su pasado puede cambiar su futuro. Así que, decidida a entender qué función desempeña en la lucha entre án
Published September 15th 2011 by Montena (first published 2011)

Win a Copy of This Book

Availability: 1 copy available, 1680 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Oct 03 - Nov 27, 2015

Countries available: US

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about La trampa del amor, please sign up.

Anna Drenth First of all, have you read part 1 (Fallen) and 2 (Torment) already? When you have, read it, it's so awesome seriously haha! But I have to say that…moreFirst of all, have you read part 1 (Fallen) and 2 (Torment) already? When you have, read it, it's so awesome seriously haha! But I have to say that this book isn't the best compared to the other books. (less)

This review can also be found on my blog, Cait's Corner!

Shhhh! Do you hear that? It's the horrible screams of your money, doomed to spend the rest of their lives with the shame of having been used to purchase this book, and my poor ten dollars are among them. In order to keep your money from the same sad fate, I have quite a few reasons why you should not buy this book, which turned out to be a huge disappointment:

1. The Writing

Throughout the whole novel her writing is extremely choppy and a
    Zemira Warner
    I want Luce to be with Cam!
    I kind of think that this whole "love" between Luce and Daniel is just like the one with Elena and Stefan. Im so sick of it. In my opinion Elena should be with Damon and Luce should be with Cam.
    Three books. Count them. Three. And yet in all those many many MANY pages, there is still no foundation for Daniel and Luce’s love. None. Not one. Oh, unless you consider his chiseled nose, his violet eyes, his firm chest, his rippling abs or his whatever to be a basis for it. This isn’t love. It’s lust. Lust, not pure, beautiful, eternal love that we’re supposed to believe in, but lust. One of the seven deadly, no wonder these two were cursed for it.
    We’ve traveled back to the first place when

Sigh... OK, ready for this?

So, as you may know, the Fallen series is definitely not one of my favorites-- but I am inexplicably drawn to them like a moth to a flame, or a fat guy to a doughnut-- and I keep reading, in the vain hope that someday, somehow I will finally understand what was going through LK's head when she wrote these books...

so, here we go:

~Brief Summary~

At the end of the last book, Luce had had enough of absolutely no one telling her what the heck was going on
    Yes, this review contains spoilers. But how can you really spoil a book when nothing happens?

Here is the short review:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Here is the long review:

And the award for The Worst Couple to Have Ever Been Written In the History of Mankind, No Seriously, What the Hell Were You Thinking goes to… Lucinda Price and Daniel Grigori!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Good evening. I am here with Lucinda Price and Daniel Grigori, the winners of the award for The Worst Couple to Have Ever Been Written In the History of Mankind, No Seriously, W
    Luce stepped into the Announcer, leaving her Daniel behind, trying to understand everything, and to destroy the curse. From Moscow to Milan, she travelled alone, had no idea of Daniel following her. Daniel was always a step late. In Moscow, Luce found out that all the angels, Cam, Gabbe, Arriane, Roland and Molly were also there. They had good knowledge of her fearful fate.

In Helston, England, 1854 she met Bill, a tiny gargoyle inside her announcer. Bill helped her adjusted herself with the curr
    Review Below :)

Ooooo, the cover is out. It's... different.

Ok, this is definitely sounding like a prequel type book guys.

It might be the third in the series, but it goes backwards and covers 5000+ years....
    But perhaps it covers those years as she travels, so it is them looking back, rather than a true prequel? So a hybrid prequel?!

Finished Passion in about 4 hours, so a nice quick read.

Three and a half stars!

Not to sure how to really review this book, as it was so very different to
    Now this is what I call torture. I have literally never suffered when reading a book, like I suffered when reading Passion. This book really was a pain to read. I wanted to punch something so badly that I ended up taking a jog in the middle of the day to calm down because I am that furious with Lauren Kate. Lauren, thanks to you I damaged my brain not just by banging my head.

It makes me want to cry because I liked the first two books in the series (they weren't some epic books, but they were en
    Zero vi Britannia
    If you read this book,
    Hope it gives you hell.
    If you bought this book,
    If you find a review
    More than two stars
    And you agree,
    Then you're a fool
    And them as well
    Hope it gives you hell!

OK, this is harsh. But fun.
    Apr 03, 2014 Saniya marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    Why do I have a feeling that this book is gonna be worse than the last book? *Sigh* Life of a reader is hard.
    Jan 07, 2011 Iyah marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    ***Cover Review***

This is the cover?

Are they serious?

Every year the book cover for the series gets a little more unlikable.

The Brown (eeew) clouds seems out of place.

The girl looks so fake. Her shoulder blades are very disproportional to her torso.

The hair looks filthy and her face looks creepy. Not the face that belongs to a heroine. It's not the face Daniel Gregory would fall for.

If there's one thing that I liked about the cover it would be the lower half of it. Just starting from the word P
    Oct 05, 2010 Dora610 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    so...,a prequel.i don't know how i feel 'bout it.,i'm mostly sad cuz there won't be much Cam,he's the best part of the series.i fear i will have to read about 5000+ years of the "great love" between daniel and Luce.
    Stacia (the 2010 club)
    2.5 stars. The Fallen series has always been sort of a hit and miss with me. The first book was fairly boring and emo, with the only redeeming factors being an interesting ending and an intriguing character (Cam). Sorry to piss off all the rabid fans of book 1, but nothing really happened in that book until the end. It was a lot of mooning and pining and boring conversations. For me, the second book was more interesting story-wise with less filler, but also featured less of Cam and more of new c ...more
    Daniel & Luce. A love that spreads across eons of time and one that ends in Luce dying in a ball of fire each and every time. Except this time, something is different and Luce's on a journey through their past lives to find out why. Through ancient China, old fashioned England and Egyptian tombs Luce winds her way towards the answer she is searching for....

And then here is where my problems lie..
    I know I know, it's all pre-determined and she had to do it to
    This book sucks terribly.
    Fallen and Torment were both really good books and I found the series got a little boring, predictable and disappointing.

Everything in this book got so confusing:
    1. It has no plot at all!
    2. Time traveling was literally so confusing.
    3. Luce is dumbass: what on earth is she searching for?
    4. How does Daniel keep changing his appearance in almost each past life? Hes immortal after all. He doesnt die!
    5. Why do all the other fallen angels always
    ◆✦✧ Jemz ✧✦◆
    Oh gosh I wish I was Luce!!!
    Moral: don't judge a book by its cover.
    What the very depths of hell was that?

So, I just finished the book, Passion, and to be honest, it took me about two days or so just to get past thirty pages, which, I have to say, is not normal for a book lover like me. Honestly, this book took me more time to finish than Torment, and maybe it's because of the characters, or the wayward plot, or the massive twists in the story, but it really didn't appeal to me. I mean, honestly, one Luce is something. But centuries of Lucindas? You have got to
    Passion was a big disappointment. Repetitive, boring, and predictable, it dragged and dragged for me. The author said it's the most romantic book, but basically it was just Luce watching all her past selves interact with a past Daniel. Even when she "cleaved" with herself, it was a past version of Daniel that she was talking to/kissing, so it didn't count. And that was the entire book!

Another thing the author said: Passion explains everything. And that would be..what exactly? In one o
    Donna {Book Passion for Life}
    Posted on:

Could you believe my luck when I managed to get this book for review? I actually jumped up and down with excitement, I was that excited. As you all know this is one of my favourite series and boy, this book didn't disappoint.

After the events in Torment, Luce starts using the announcers to time travel back in time to find out if she and Daniel are truly meant for each other but also to see if she can break the curse on her once and for all. She the
    Anna (Enchanted by YA)
    A thousand insta-love moments, are you kidding me? I think I'll pass *manically waves goodbye to the series*
    (scroll for review)

Fernanda's art was better for this one, too.

After reading TORMENT, I was seriously considering not giving this a chance. I mean, did Lauren Kate think smearing her crap over pages of a book and slapping on a cover of a jaw-dropping cover of a tall, skin-'n'-bones girl sobbing into her hands in front of beautiful grey scenery was a good idea? Yeah, no. TORMENT was literally tormenting to get through.

Thank God I have a two-book rule (if two consequent books in a series suck, I g
    Mitch Cave
    Although I didn't really like it until the last two chapters or so, I thought the writing style was extremely good. The book did lack expectations action-wise as it was pretty borings throughout about 80% of the book. The ending was completely unpredictable and quite shocking, actually. I'm quite scared about the final book, Rapture, due to the ending. I'm scared for the characters. It was left on an 'oh-shit-what-are-we-gonna-do-now?!' ending, so I'm pretty pumped to read Rapture. I thought I w ...more
    Jan 26, 2015 Laz rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
    Recommends it for: angel lovers

I was hanging on with my mouth open for most the time I was reading that book because of the time-travelling experience which was breath-taking and just constantly kept me on the edge. It's just what I wanted.

From the beginning of this series I've wanted to go back in time and experience every single life-time Daniel and Luce have been together and this book re
    Passion- such a nice cover. Of course, lots of other people say that the cover is as bad as the book itself is. Personally, I thought Torment was actually a step up from Fallen, and I can see it going a lot of places with passion.

Passion is exactly what its name calls for-an intense, fascinating, read, that crosses the boundary of death and life
    Bella (Cheezyfeet Books)
    I have a confession to make. I didn't like Fallen, the first book in the series, all that much. Luce annoyed me, and the whole thing to me felt like a copy of Twilight (which I loved, and everything else paled in comparison at the time). I've recently reread it, and I'm happy to say I don't feel like that anymore. And now, having read Torment and Passion too, I'm going to take back what I said and say that this series is awesome, and if you haven't read it yet, what have you been doing for the p ...more
    Okay, so I found Passion, the book 3 of the Fallen series in library and decided to give this series another try. The first two books had given me little satisfaction, with the romance between the two main characters so paper-thin, the pace of the story so off-beat, the plot so shabbily constructed and the mythical and historical references being so water-downed (I almost wanted to say 'bastardized' instead of just 'water-downed', but it sounds a bit too harsh so I changed it), I just didn't dar ...more
    Ok, so this is a prequel to Fallen and Torment,
    following Luce and Daniel's most important moments in 5000+ years...
    Sounds goooodddd:)

... So, this book is definitely my favourite of the Fallen Series, I think it's fair to say that they keep getting better.
    Definitely a hybrid prequel, and I really enjoyed it...
    Liking all the characters a lot more this time around, too!:)
    Looking forward to Rapture in 2012!

Trying to figure out if the fact that I've read Paradise Lost has made the book more enjoyabl
    I don't give a lot of one-star ratings, but WOW. WOW.

I wanted to scream, I get it! Daniel and Luce are in lust love. BUT WHY? WHY???

I'm still at a loss about what I was supposed to learn from this book. That Daniel and Luce are the most selfish couple of all time? That instalove trumps all?

You think it's bad reading about ONE Luce? Trying reading about a dozen Luces through the centuries. And hello? The gargoyle? What was Luce thinking?

Ugh. That's all I can say after slogging through this book.
    Nina ♥
    Aug 15, 2012 Nina ♥ marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    I love the cover. :) Don't get why people don't like it. Yeah the girl looks like a witch (really wish they hadn't shown her face) and looking at those brown clouds makes me think of air pollution/Southern Asia/Pakistan...but I really like her dress, and the red rose she's holding. Why didn't they use the Fallen model, though? This girl's way to skinny.
    Who else hated this book?! 17 73 Feb 13, 2015 05:02PM
    Buddy read time xx: Passion by Lauren Kate, oct. 2014 4 8 Dec 28, 2014 11:19PM
    Addicted to YA: Passion 3 194 Aug 04, 2014 09:22AM
    STUPID DECISIONS 3 38 Jul 31, 2014 06:29PM
    Who should Luce be with?? 299 383 Jul 24, 2014 06:35PM
    YA lovers <3: Passion 1 5 Jul 08, 2014 09:03PM
    • Original Sin (Personal Demons, #2)
    • Misguided Angel (Blue Bloods, #5)
    • Evercrossed (Kissed by an Angel, #4)
    • Silence (Hush, Hush, #3)
    • Shift (Shade, #2)
    • Emblaze (The Violet Eden Chapters, #3)
    • Everlasting (The Immortals, #6)
    • Hades (Halo, #2)
    • Blessed (Tantalize, #3)
    • End of Days (The Fallen, #3)
    • Angel Fire (Angel, #2)
    • Entice (Need, #3)
    • A Beautiful Dark (A Beautiful Dark, #1)
    • Eternity (Fallen Angel, #2)
    • Radiant (Unearthly, #2.5)
    • Guardian of the Gate (Prophecy of the Sisters, #2)
    • The Savage Grace (The Dark Divine, #3)
    • Reckoning (Strange Angels, #5)
    Lauren Kate grew up in Dallas, went to school in Atlanta, and started writing in New York.
    She is the author of Fallen and The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove. She lives in Laurel Canyon with her husband and hopes to work in a restaurant kitchen, get a dog, and learn how to surf.
    She is currently at work on the sequel to Fallen.
    More about Lauren Kate...

Fallen (5 books)
    • Fallen (Fallen, #1)
    • Torment (Fallen, #2)
    • Rapture (Fallen, #4)
    • Unforgiven (Fallen, #5)
    Fallen (Fallen, #1) Torment (Fallen, #2) Rapture (Fallen, #4) Fallen in Love (Fallen, #3.5) Teardrop (Teardrop, #1)

“I'll always choose you." Yes that was the word. "Every single lifetime, I'll choose you. Just as you have always chosen me. Forever.” 627 likes
    “What if you find your soul mate... at the wrong time?” 598 likes