Start by marking “AngelFall Book I - A Novel of Hell (AngelFall #1)” as Want to Read:
AngelFall Book I - A Novel of Hell (AngelFall #1)

AngelFall Book I - A Novel of Hell (AngelFall #1)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  100 ratings  ·  14 reviews
A mysterious ancient prisoner has been freed from eternal sleep,awakened after millennia by the wandering Aristotle, who roams freely despite the edicts of the Elders Council.

Tired of living within the gilded cage of Limbo, the great teacher has unknowingly opened Hells' own Pandora's box and set in motion a chain of events that will forever alter the infernal landscape.
Published May 11th 2011

To ask other readers questions about AngelFall Book I - A Novel of Hell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about AngelFall Book I - A Novel of Hell

Gareth
This is a tough review for me to write. I won a copy of this book in the GoodReads book givewaway, and whilst I am very grateful to the author. S E Foulk for donating a copy for my reading pleasure and would therefore like to proclaim it brilliant and leave it at that, there were pros and cons that in balance led to my final verdict of 'it was okay'.

First let me start with the positive; the story itself is set in the world of Dante's Inferno, and as such taps into a rich source of powerfully evo
Ari
First off let me say that I won a copy of this novel through Goodreads book giveaway, and would have never read the book otherwise. The cover gives me the creeps and as a 15 years old teenage girl, stories of Hell are not my genre. Anyway, today was Yom Kippur (jewish fast) and since I had nothing to do I decided to read it no matter how much the coverart scared me. I read it in one sitting. I think it's a really good story, but at times a bit gruesome, though those descriptions were what create ...more
cyberbookworm
Angel Fall is the first book in a series about Hell and those that have been damned for all eternity. Based around Inferno the first part of the epic poem The Divine Comedy by Dante, S.E. Foulk has taken the concept and has introduced us to a tale that takes us into the heart of hell and the characters that exist there.

Aristotle, the Greek philosopher, is the main character who introduces us to the circles of hell. He roams freely and returns to limbo and entertains his assistant with his tales.
Amelia Chameleon
I admit: I read this book by accident. A friend recommended the Angelfall series to me, so I downloaded these books from Amazon and read them quickly before I realized I was reading the wrong books. But I'm glad I did.

The story mostly follows Aristotle who lives in Dante's version of Hell and happens to have been placed in Limbo, where he grows restless. Aristotle begins to explore the lower levels of Hell, where we encounter the Hell that Dante describes. Why is he wandering? Well, that's the r
Jorge
ending was definitely unexpected. it's written very simple, almost feels like a book for a teenager, but the story is definitely dramatic and entertaining.

easy read if you're looking for a new and entertaining story !
Becky
Loved this book. It ends on a cliff-hanger, I can't wait to see what happens next. It was a very enjoyable read.
Mandy
I received a copy of Angelfall Book I via the Goodreads First Read Program, thank you goodreads and of course the author, Mr Foulk.

I really enjoyed this story, especially as it was full of all kinds of demons, ghouls etc. It struck me very early on how this would be an excellent video platform game.

It was a very interesting view on hell, with lots of characters and creatures, some known to me as myths (i.e harpies, centaur and minos)as a big fan of myths I loved these characters. I suspect more
Gena Lawwill
I downloaded almost the entire series before leaving for vacation and finished reading them this week. the story is based loosely on Dante Inferno. Foulk did a good job with his interpretation of what Hell might be like. The story was easy to follow and his main characters were likeable. not one of those series that if they made it into a movie I would go see. but if your looking for a quick read without having to put too much thought into remembering whose who then this is for you. (the descrip ...more
Sterling
Strange. Reminds me of old style writing. Interesting, but I am not sure I want to read further.
Doug
Somewhat interesting little book! It makes you wonder about the reality of a place like Hell, the torments and those who reside there ... from all sides. It was somewhat entertaining, but could probably have been even more so with little effort!

All-in-all I enjoyed it and look forward to the second book.
Emy
A good story but personally I felt like this was only half a book and that it ended just as the story started to get going... So 3* for being frustrating and because I don't like feeling as if I am being manipulated to buy two books instead of one longer novel.
Lisa Gott
A very enjoyable, well-written read! Foulk did a wonderful job creating a vivid, descriptive world that captivates his reader. And the ending... WOW! Can't wait to read the next installment!
Brett
I won this book in the giveaways.
I liked it. Quick read. Want to read the next one.
Diane
This was a quick read. Great story
Gaily
Gaily marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2015
Thomas Gover
Thomas Gover marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Cassandra Chea
Cassandra Chea marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Krisilein
Krisilein marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Geri Richardson
Geri Richardson marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Kelly Mcleod
Kelly Mcleod marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2015
Brenda Leatherman
Brenda Leatherman marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
Katarzyna
Katarzyna marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2015
Tina Staton
Tina Staton marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Kristina
Kristina marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2015
Khaledd Ahmed
Khaledd Ahmed marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
Melissa Miller
Melissa Miller marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
  • Beyond the Veil
  • The Opening
  • The Bloodstone Oracle (The Dark Gifts, #2.5)
  • Mother Earth
  • Faint Echoes Of Laughter  (Empty Chairs, #2)
  • The Vampire's Game
  • Three Thousand Miles for a Wish
  • How the Mistakes Were Made
  • Sarah of the Moon
  • Beloved
  • The Adventure Tournament (The Adventurers, #1)
  • Drinking with Dead Women Writers
  • The Young Jaguar (Pre-Aztec Series, #1)
  • Ghost College (The Ghost Files, #1)
  • The Time Heiress (The Time Heiress, #2)
  • The Vampire With the Dragon Tattoo
  • Ascent (The Party Series, #1)
  • Something Witchy (Mystics & Mayhem #1)
S.E. Foulk was born in Camden, NJ, attended Eastern High School in Voorhees, and moved to Hawaii when he was 26. After meeting his wife and having a son there, he enrolled in the University of Hawaii and graduated in 2000 with a degree in Computer Science.

He first encountered a copy of Dante's Inferno when he was just 13 years old, becoming permanently obsessed with the Infernal landscape. He star
More about S.E. Foulk...

AngelFall (4 books)
  • AngelFall Book II - A Novel of Hell (AngelFall #2)
  • AngelFall Book III - A Novel of Hell (AngelFall #3)
  • AngelFall Book IV - A Novel of Hell (AngelFall #4)
AngelFall Book II - A Novel of Hell (AngelFall #2) AngelFall Book III - A Novel of Hell (AngelFall #3) AngelFall Book IV - A Novel of Hell (AngelFall #4) AngelFall Books I, II, & III - A Novel of Hell AngelFall - Books I, II, & III - A Novel of Hell