Start by marking “Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)” as Want to Read:
Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days #1)

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  97,034 ratings  ·  11,205 reviews
It's been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back.

Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.

Raffe is a warrior who lies brok
Published May 23rd 2013 by Hodder and Stoughton (first published May 21st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Angelfall, please sign up.

Karin Michael This was supposed to be a 5 book series, but for some reason Susan Ee changed it to a Trilogy (unfortunately). Indeed, the book was amazing. *sigh*…moreThis was supposed to be a 5 book series, but for some reason Susan Ee changed it to a Trilogy (unfortunately). Indeed, the book was amazing. *sigh* Raffe.
Here is the order of books in the Trilogy now:
1)Angelfall (duh)
2)World after
3)End of Days

p,s: you can find what books are in a series/trilogy by clicking the link beside the title of the book. ex: (Penryn & the end of days #1) If there is none then that book is not in a series or trilogy (:(less)
Maria (thepagesofink) It is super good! I'm sure you'll love it. It's also really faced paced and quick to read, it's not that big of a book. READ IT :)
Angelfall by Susan EeBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireThe Vampire Hunter's Daughter by Jennifer Malone WrightEmber by Madison DanielBirthright by Willow Cross
Best Independent Novels
1st out of 2,416 books — 3,392 voters
Angelfall by Susan EeThe Steward by Christopher  ShieldsThe Immortal Rules by Julie KagawaThe Nightlife by Travis LuedkeSwitched by Amanda Hocking
Best Unknown but must be Known books
1st out of 5,775 books — 5,014 voters

More lists with this book...

Steph Sinclair

This is my favorite book of 2011! This review may contain extreme amounts of gushing!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

The above was my immediate reaction after finishing this book. There simply were no words to describe how much I loved it, how it horrified me, shocked me, tore at my heart again and again. Brilliant.

2011 turned out to be a great year for Angel books for me. I know that might seem strange when you think of the more popular horrible ones **cough* Hush, Hush*cough*Halo*cough*Fallen*cough**. But t
Wendy Darling
In the beginning, it starts with a single feather drifting slowly down from the sky. When 17-year-old Penryn sees this simple sight, she is filled with incredible dread, because this lovely, floating, ephemeral thing is an unlikely sign of terrible things to come.

Six weeks after a devastating attack on earth, the world has been torn apart by a war between angels and humans. Caught up in a battle she doesn't understand, Penryn watches in horror as an angel named Raffe is cornered and brutally st
Warning, warning: this review has a lot of expletives because this book makes me so damn happy. I also get a bit of an attitude when a book makes me overjoyed, so be forewarned. I'm a little sassy.

This book just makes me feel so incredibly happy inside that I just can't help expressing myself. When I finished this book I basically did this:

Yes, I fainted from sheer happiness and then got up and danced. Ya got a problem with that?

I think that you all know that one book that you always wish fo
Emily May

Oh my goodness, I think this book might have just ruined the entire urban fantasy - and possibly dystopian too - genre for me. Because, where can I go from here? Does it ever get better than this? Please be warned right now that this review is going to be nothing less than gushing. I loved everything about this book, so much so that I may need to keep writing in italics.

I can't believe I nearly didn't read this book. I've looked at the other rave reviews for it so many times and I kept coming

This main character...

This world...

This story...

I’ve read this twice three times now, and I don’t know how to do it justice in a review.
Kat Kennedy
The morning beckons and when I turn over, the book I finished in the midnight hours is beside me. The fantasy world is slipping away, unable to follow me into the light. Reality creeps in with the rising dawn, but I'm reluctant to meet it. I want that world, those characters, that emotion back - but it's over. Time to find a new one in a new book and so the hunt is on but the sadness at leaving a good friend remains.

Ee has done something amazing here and not just because she's written probably o
Marie Lu
This book rocked my socks. Penryn. Raffe. The dialogue. Awesome.

When I was a little younger, I used to be obsessed with angels. I used to wish to become one, the day of my death, (how morbid) and often absurdly made the said wish when blowing candles, on my birthdays.

Therefore, everyone in my vicinity would see carry an angel story around. I was smitten with them. This peculiar obsession lasted for years and so my pile of angel books read became real impressive. Kissed by an Angel, Hush, Hush, Unearthly, Fallen, Daughter of Smoke & Bone,
Susan Ee, I salute you.

Please do mankind a favor and send a copy of your book to every author who has ever written a book about angels - maybe they'll finally understand that they're not going about it right. You are.

This is how you write a book about angels.
This is how you write a post-apocalyptic book.
This is how you write a kick-ass heroine.
This is how you write a gut-wrenching romance.
This is how you write a torn family.
This is how every book deserves to be written.

4.5 freaking stars!

Mountain View

It was a great story.I haven't read much angel books before and this one was quite good.Also the characters fit with the story quite right.There were some funny moments which I really enjoyed.

The story:

The book is about a girl named Penryn who lives in a world taken by angels.She has a sick mother and a younger sister on a wheelchair.While they try to escape , her sister gets caught by an angel , and he takes her away.Now Penryn is desperate to find someone who can help her

three stars for the first half of this book, and a million for the last 3/4.

i know. i am the outlier. i am the one percent. come on and occupy me.

i have read all your reviews of this book - you, collectively, the YA goddesses of, and they have made me salivate for this book. and the second half or so, basically everything after the "tree" scene, was really great.

but for me, it was a slow start.and i was nail-biting the first bits, thinking to myself - "i am going to get flayed for
Kat Stark

Second Book: World After
Third Book: End of Days

Buddyread with my one and only: Anna (Click to read her review)

Another unconventional review filled with couplets and rhymes in tribute of Penryn’s and Raffe’s wonder-fucking relationship, they are quite the pair.

So this book is riddled with fives,
hey settle down, put away those knives.

Certainly there’s no need to fret,
for Penryn’s one of the best heroines I’ve met.

She’s strong, kind, and she’s no fool.
Even when Angels tell her a shit ton of bull
Dec 23, 2013 Tatiana rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those seeking a new UF adventure
Recommended to Tatiana by: Emily May
As seen on The Readventurer

Well, I guess I got schooled again. Clearly I can't hold on to this particular reading prejudice against self-published books any more, because here it is, a self-pub that is not equal in quality to similar books released by major publishers, but, in fact, better than probably 75% of those books. Angelfall is a competently-written and competently-edited novel.

If you are a fan of UF and post-apocalyptic adventure stories like Blood Red Road and Under the Never Sky, ther
Nov 10, 2015 April rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2015
sunset shimmer
A review of this is now posted on my blog as well. Feel free to check it out!

I'm, like, shaking from the utter epicness and badassery that is this gem of a book. I mean, HOLY CRAP. A PERSON CAN ONLY TAKE SO MUCH AWESOMENESS. THIS IS OVERKILL.

Okay. Whew.

I need to lie down. ._.

Several minutes/hours/whatevers later...

Woo. Okay. *deep breath* So. Most of you people are probab
Stacia (the 2010 club)
*buddy re-read 11/11/13 and it was just as good the second time around!*

11/14/12 Soon to be a major motion picture!

I think I can safely recommend this book to anyone who likes any of these genres or categories :

Sci-Fi (post-apocalyptic world in ruin)
Paranormal (angels and demons)
Romance (okay, so there wasn't actually one yet, but there is the hint of something forbidden to come)
Survival & Adventure stories
Horror, Gore and Macabre twists
YA books that DON'T read like a YA (no angst, no teen
Shelby *wants some flying monkeys*

If you haven't read these books run to Netgalley. They have the first two up for grabs. 3-2-15

I can not believe this book hasn't received more press. It is flipping amazing. One of the few books that I've read that creates a whole new approach to the end of the world scenario. Angel driven apocalypse- Who woulda thunk it?
Angel books have never impressed me until I started this series.
You have a strong female MC.
A male MC that you want to hump him. No shame.
Supporting characters that

Dear publishers,
Why do you publish so many badbooks (I won't even bother to mention them, you know there are plenty), while wonderful stories like this one have to be self-published for us to be able to enjoy them?
All I have to say is that this book puts some of you at shame.
I wonder if this book would have been better if edited, or if it would have been turned into a boring commercial story as many others out there.

I usually don't pick up many angel-books to read, as I find then not quite orig
Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead
A Badass Hidden Gem...

The. Perfect. Escape!

A dark, gritty, gory, post-apocalyptic world is so beautifully represented by the author in Angelfall. Beautiful you say? Yes, beautiful! When you read a book, and in your head you can see the world as vivid as if you were looking outside your window, that is beautiful. I wanted to take the world building in this book and yell to some of the YA authors out there and say, “See, this is how you do it”. Nevertheles
Robin (Bridge Four)
So excited to read this AGAIN on April 13, 2015!!!

Buddy Reading with SO Many people oOSarahOo, Cathryn, Danae, Ashley, Angela, Tanya, Catherine, Sarah, Navessa, Brigid, Shandra, Ya, Andrea, Mindy, Maria, Annette, Kristen, Lea, Sara, Athena (Shardbearer), Brandi, Nicholas, Carole, Michelle, Tandie, Jenny, Liz, Arie, Allison, Amanda, Jessica, Jennavier, Shelly, Cathy, Gavin, Armina, Maya, and Jamie
I think I got everyone.

We will be meeting at Buddies Books and Baubles send me a PM if you need an
Christine The Dark Romance Junkie *Principessa*

We have declared war on any being that dares to think they can wipe us out without a fight. No matter how celestial, no matter how powerful they are, this is our home and we will fight to keep it.

So when I started reading Angelfall by Susan Ee, I wasn't sure if the book was for me. But the reviews were and are amazing so I thought I would read it, I mean what are the chances of me not liking it? So I started reading it...

I was immediately thrown into a post apocalyptic world, Penryn, her mothe
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
Epic BR with the BBB gang starting April 13, 2015.

Warning: this is not going to go well.

DNF at 36% (a whopping 104 pages)

This is it. No more YA for me. I've had it

Fear not for this won't take very long. Life's too short and I'm tired of trying to find a YA book I might miraculously like when I could be reading great books.

YES everyone else in the known universe seems to love this book. NO I didn't like it. And I didn't even hate it. It was just a whole big huge "why the hell am I wasting m
Well, I’ve just gone through the first page of reviews and they’re all four and five stars. So…I will probably be alone out here in the three-star universe for a while. To all of the future members of the Angelfall three-star club (What? There’s only four of you? Well good. Let’s hold hands and form a Quincunx*.) – welcome. Please come in and make yourselves comfortable. I know that all of your friends and loved ones are outside, having a party and generally loving life because Angelfall has mad ...more
Hmmmm. This book is like a ninja, sneaking up on you in its purposefully donned disguise, innocently masquerading as one of those selling-like-hotcakes teen paranormal postapocalyptic romances.

But once it's safely past your defences, once you are honestly ready to relentlessly mock it for being no different than the multitudes of other useless tomes, it drops the unremarkable disguise and finally reveals that yes, it indeed has a real heart.
Just look at the description for this book. Ugh. It s
Aj the Ravenous Reader
Buddyread with Evelyn . Check out her excellent review. Evelyn's review.

I am a huge fan of dystopia and fantasy. Put them together and I'll definitely squeal. This book managed to do exactly that until the halfway mark.

The plot started very adventurously and I was instantly gripped. The writing language is both engrossing and stimulating and despite the gloomy tone of the narrative, I enjoyed the hilarious banter between Raffe (an angel) and Penryn (a kick-ass teenage girl struggling to find her
Dec 29, 2011 Cory rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of Octavia Butler
Recommended to Cory by: The Entirety of Goodreads
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy
I don't like Paranormal Romance and I don't Urban Fantasy. Y'all can take Anita Blake and Zoey Redbird and Rose Hathaway and Bella Swan and Jace Wayland and Nora Grey and Ever Bloom and lock them away in a closet to discuss their various sexploits, boobs jobs, and why they'll do anything for their wo/man. And you can shove Sam, Grace, Clary Fray, Ethan Wate, Lena Haloway, and Schuyler Van Allen in a closet right next to them.

I didn't even like The Hunger Games, which is practically an immoral o
Ashton Gibbs ♥ BB&B

Angelfall – Susan Ee
Originally posted on Beauty, Books and Babble

I was very lucky (and I do mean very lucky) to win this book as part of a Goodreads First Reads giveaway.

“I never thought about it before, but I’m proud to be human. We’re ever so flawed. We’re frail, confused, violent, and we struggle with so many issues. But all in all, I’m proud to be a Daughter of Man.”

Before I even start with a brief overview of what the book is about, how it made me feel, the characters I liked, etc etc, I
Kristin (KC)
*4.5 Stars*

Hard to focus on reality again after that one...

The enormous hype surrounding this book, in my opinion, is genuinely warranted. We are given a unique and creative plot with plenty of action, suspense, gore, and just enough of an underlying romance to keep everyone happy. The writing is spectacular and the scenes were playing out before my eyes whether I wanted them to or not. The story is gripping and fluid, feeling much shorter than it actually was--which is a sure sign of a great re
Khanh (Clowns, Nightmares, and Bunnies)
It's an interesting twist to the angel genre. Angelfall isn't the best book about angels that I've read, but it has restored my faith (har har) in the genre. The first half of the book probably garners a 4-4.5 stars, the second half a 2, so my rating is an average. In some ways, it's frustrating, because I enjoyed the first part of the book so much, the ending, as action-packed as it was, felt out of place and contrived.

I've got to give props to this book for:

1. Creativity. Evil, destructive ang

First off, Amazon is selling the Kindle version of this book for $2.99. If you like post-apocalypse YA lit with a healthy serving of creepy undead-ish things and antagonistic angels, BUY THIS NOW.

I'll wait.

Got it yet?

Reading this book made me happy. Happier than Fridays, happier than eating cupcakes, happier than buying shoes, for chrissakes! It was a book that made me go

because geez, it was a very well written story with a gripping plot.

Six weeks before the begi
  • Haze (The Rephaim, #2)
  • Froi of the Exiles (Lumatere Chronicles, #2)
  • The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2)
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
  • What Tomorrow May Bring
  • The Hallowed Ones (The Hallowed Ones, #1)
  • Dead Sky Morning (Experiment in Terror, #3)
  • Endless Knight (The Arcana Chronicles, #2)
  • Opal (Lux, #3)
  • Burn Bright (Night Creatures, #1)
  • Roar and Liv (Under the Never Sky, #0.5)
  • Outcast
  • Crushed (Soul Eater, #2)
  • All Our Yesterdays
  • Everbound (Everneath, #2)
  • Hallowed (Unearthly, #2)
  • Spark (Elemental, #2)
Susan Ee is a USA Today bestselling author of the Penryn & the End of Days trilogy, ANGELFALL, WORLD AFTER, and END OF DAYS. Her books have been translated into over twenty languages, and her short films have played at major festivals. She used to be a lawyer but loves being a writer because it allows her imagination to bust out and go feral.

Sign up to hear about her next book at www.susanee.c
More about Susan Ee...

Penryn & the End of Days (3 books)
  • World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
  • End of Days (Penryn and the End of Days, #3)

“I never kid about my warrior demigod status."
"Oh. My. God." I lower my voice, having forgotten to whisper. "You are nothing but a bird with an attitude. Okay, so you have a few muscles, I’ll grant you that. But you know, a bird is nothing but a barely evolved lizard. That’s what you are.”
“My friends call me Wrath,” says Raffe. “My enemies call me Please Have Mercy. What’s your name, soldier boy?” 1234 likes