Start by marking “Fact. Fact. Bullsh*t!: Learn the Truth and Spot the Lie on Everything from Tequila-Made Diamonds to Tetris's Soviet Roots - Plus Tons of Other Totally Random Facts from Science, History and Beyond!” as Want to Read:

3.21 of 5 stars 3.21  ·  rating details  ·  311 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Think you can spot the fake?

Think again. It's going to be a lot harder than you think to pick out the BS. Each entry hides one well-crafted fib among a pair of unbelievable truths. And it's up to you to figure out what's fascinating and what's fabricated on everything from koala bears to Confucius to high-fructose corn syrup.

Was Cleopatra the last Egyptian pharaoh?Can you
Published October 1st 2011 by Adams Media (first published September 6th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Fact. Fact. Bullsh*t!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fact. Fact. Bullsh*t!

Nikki
Kind of difficult to get into, due to the quick-fire format, but fun to dip in and out of. Full of random information, and some really interesting lies. I could spot the bullshit fairly often (I love snopes.com for training my bullshit detector), but there were quite a few that slipped by me, too. It's funny how little I want to admit that latter.
Dale
This book was a first for me in a way. Fact. Fact. Bullsh*t! was the first book I ever read on my phone thanks to the Kindle app for my android phone. In a way, this book was made for reading on a little phone screen. It is entirely composed of a topic with three "facts" that follow. After that the reader will find out that at least one of those "facts" will be correct and at least one will be incorrect, or bullsh*t as the title notes. The facts and the bullsh*t answers are explained.

This mak
Cheryl M-M
Chinese Whispers..
This is a very entertaining book. Even the introduction is packed full of so called old wives tales and myths that most of us are guilty of repeating, because we think they are based on fact and completely true. So knowing the premise of the book I found myself thinking that I would spot the bullpatty with ease. Why would I think that you ask, well I am freakin brilliant with the inbred ability to spot a patty a mile off. Sounds a little impressed with ones own abilities, you m
Lynn
Interesting enough. I debate some of the facts, but on the whole it was a fun diversion of a read. Perfect for waiting rooms or planes. Might also be interesting to share with friends as a quiz for part of a trivia-themed night.
Jon Wisniewski
This was enjoyable. You can look at it as sort of an educational humor book, or make a sort of game out of it. Either way, it's a good time, and there's a sense of satisfaction that comes with picking the right answer. And it's written by Neil Patrick Stewart! Reading through it, I thought "Surely this couldn't be THAT Neil Patrick Stewart, this author is far too irreverent and quirky, and Mr. Stewart seems so very serious." But sure enough, the About The Author page lists him as an actor and di ...more
Karen
some interesting
Christine
If you have a trivia buff that you'd like to stump, this is a fun book. The author starts with animals and moves on to categories including pop culture, food, famous dead people, science, and sports, among others. If you want to win at trivia, this books a good read.

So, each 2 page topic has three facts (up to paragraph each) on a topic, and the goal is to pick out which one of the three is FALSE. I was good at some, but terrible at others! This would be a great book to read aloud on a long car
Karen
2 facts, 1 load of crap can you tell which is which? There is a lot of useless information in this book. The world is filled with useless information that you never know when it will come up.
Knowing how things came to be, when they are invented and by whom is actually what this book is about, oh and the fact that the author mixed in Bullsh*t to make you laugh at yourself.

I totally enjoyed this!!
Lynne
A fun book to dip in and out of and to find out what you know or what you believed you knew but was in fact false. It was definitely American - some of the topics were completely unknown to me e.g. some kind of Mexican wrestling (I can't remember what it was called and can't be bothered to look!) I got it on Kindle Daily Deal and it was well worth the 99p.
Dave Suvada
This was a fun and quick read. It covered a large variety of topics. The author started each section out with three statements (all of which seem somewhat out there. Two of these statements are fact and one is bullsh*t! I surprised myself by guessing correctly on a little over half of them.
Beth
Unfortunate name and, like the "Book of General Ignorance", a bit inappropriate at times, but full of great facts. This one gives two truths and a lie and you guess which "fact" is actually fiction. The author then gives more information about each "fact". Lots of fun to read and guess.
Barb
This book is loaded with details, some of which i would have liked to challenge. I would have felt better had this been a fictional book. lol However, i managed to finish it in between a few others. Not one i would read again. Probably not one i would ever remember reading either.
Sherri
My family and I had a great time reading this on a long car ride recently. We tried to guess which of the three "facts" on a particular topic was actually a myth. We learned a lot of really useless information while we were at but it certainly made the 2 20-hour drives go a lot faster!
Katie
There were plenty of interesting things in the book that I didn't know about before. I especially liked how everything was answered in detail. Something that I would keep around so I can share random bits of knowledge.
Emanuel Torres
It is good to get random facts
Melanti
It's a fun trivia book.
But be sure to read the explanations behind the Fact/Bullshit statements. There's at least one place (Marie Curie) where the "Bullshit" announcement is on the wrong explanation.
Erica
This is what I call a "bathroom book"- the kind of book you read a bit at a time, like when you are using the bathroom. It's interesting and informative- not something that you would read twice.
Bill
I enjoyed it, but one mistake kept me from rating it higher. He had as "fact" (saying it was a "gimme"), that Jefferson was the 4th president. What else did he butcher?
Michelle
not something I chose to read cover to cover in one sitting. we like to read this together and take turns guessing what the bs items are
Kawen
Just started it, but has a great sense of humour while teaches (or unteaches) popular "wisdom" about a lot of things.
DJ =^^=
Fun, easy read. Didn't read it straight through. Had fun quizzing some of my co-workers. :)
Brandy
Great! I learned a lot, too. Very interesting and little known facts (well to me anyway).
Heather
only read the sections on animals as that was about all that caught my attention :)
Sounds a lot better than it actually is. Too Americanised for me.
Devlin Scott
A nice collection of little known facts...and lies. ;)

Devlin
Solclover
Learned somethings odd, somethings sad, but many things funny!
Tricia
Loads of fun! A definite need to own book!
Samantha
Interesting, informative and fun.
Amy H
Amy H added it
Jul 04, 2015
  • The Ultimate Book of Top Ten Lists: A Mind-Boggling Collection of Fun, Fascinating and Bizarre Facts on Movies, Music, Sports, Crime, Celebrities, History, Trivia and More
  • Curious Folks Ask 2: 188 Real Answers on Our Fellow Creatures, Our Planet, and Beyond
  • How Does Aspirin Find a Headache? : An Imponderables' Book
  • I Used to Know That: Stuff You Forgot from School
  • The World's Greatest Book of Useless Information: If You Thought You Knew All the Things You Didn't Need to Know - Think Again
  • Mental Floss: Cocktail Party Cheat Sheets
  • Ken Jennings's Trivia Almanac: 8,888 Questions in 365 Days
  • The People's Almanac Presents the Book of Lists
  • mental floss presents Instant Knowledge (Collins Gem)
  • How Do They Do That?
  • Under the Covers and between the Sheets: Facts and Trivia about the World's Greatest Books
  • Listverse.com's Ultimate Book of Bizarre Lists: Fascinating Facts and Shocking Trivia on Movies, Music, Crime, Celebrities, History, and More
  • Mental Floss Presents Be Amazing: Glow in the Dark, Control the Weather, Perform Your Own Surgery, Get Out of Jury Duty, Identify a Witch, Colonize a Nation, ... Girl, Make a Zombie, Start Your Own Religion
  • The Handy History Answer Book (1st Ed.)
  • An Underground Education: The Unauthorized and Outrageous Supplement to Everything You Thought You Knew About Art, Sex, Business, Crime, Science, Medicine, and Other Fields of Human Knowledge
  • You Did What?: Mad Plans and Great Historical Disasters
  • I'm Listening With a Broken Ear
  • The Everything Family Christmas Book: Stories, Songs, Recipes, Crafts, Traditions, and More!
Headlines! Headlines! Headlines?: Read All about 'em . . . and Guess Which Actually Happened Headlines! Headlines! Headlines? Fact. Fact. Bullsh*t! Daily Calendar: A Daily Trivia Calendar Guaranteed to Keep You Guessing Headlines! Headlines! Headlines?: Read All About 'em . . . And Guess Which Actually Happened