Start by marking “The Captain's Caress” as Want to Read:
The Captain's Caress

The Captain's Caress

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  3 reviews
When Captain Brent Douglas steals Summer Ashton, the bride of his enemy, the Earl of Heatherstone, he thinks only of revenge. However, the beautiful countess inspires more passionate feelings he's too long repressed. Reissue.
Published July 1st 2005 by Love Spell (first published March 1988)

To ask other readers questions about The Captain's Caress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Captain's Caress

Alyssa
This is the story of a great, hulking blond brute of a hero and the beautiful and irrational harpy who loves him. The hero, Brent, is a douchebag and the heroine, Summer, is the female equivalent of one. A classic 80s "rapemance" filled with all the cliches and so gloriously ridiculous.

I was entertained from the first page to the very last. There are some amazing scenes that had me chortling with glee. One in particular has a shrieking nursemaid running around through a burning nursery in a tota
Daneesha
this started out great, had a "what the hell was this?" middle, and a "barely kept me interested" ending.
plus, what year was this? the language was so modern. also, the lovemaking was a little too prosy for me..just a huge paragraph of metaphors. hum.
all that said, it wasn't a bad book. something kept me going!
Patricia
Read this for book club and it was terrible! Don't think I'll be making a habit of reading romance novels anytime soon! It was entertaining at the very least but I definitely wanted to slap the main characters. Felt like I was reading about a bunch of preteens doing very adult things.
Laura added it
Oct 27, 2014
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Maranda Lynn
Maranda Lynn marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Kailyn
Kailyn marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Mariaan
Mariaan marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Joy Canaday
Joy Canaday marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Kathryn
Kathryn marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Randa
Randa marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Tanya Wingo
Tanya Wingo marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Deborah Sexton
Deborah Sexton marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
Oteri Onome
Oteri Onome marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Rose (Seven Brides, #1) Fern (Seven Brides, #2) Laurel (Seven Brides, #4) Violet (Seven Brides, #6) Lily (Seven Brides, #7)