Start by marking “The Mage-born Child ” as Want to Read:
The Mage-born Child

The Mage-born Child (Servants of Ark #3)

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  83 ratings  ·  6 reviews
The Mage-Born Child
The evil wizard Alzedo has risen again and this time he has unleashed the full terror of his awesome powers. Haunted by strange dreams, the young wizard Yve and her invisible dragon journey from a far-off land to help the beleagured King Mark and his son Luke prepare for the final battle. But first Yve must travel to an enchanted cavern deep in the Windc
Published April 1st 1988 by Corgi (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about The Mage-born Child, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mage-born Child

Federica Leva
L'elenco delle debolezze di questo ciclo è lungo: originalità povera, stile trasandato, umorismo non sempre brillante, ecc..., eppure, nonostante questo, le storie si sorreggono, in parte appoggiandosi alla trama, che stuzzica la curiosità del lettore, in parte alla struttura, veloce, coinvolgente, scenografica. I tre libri sono concatenati temporalmente fra loro, ma narrano di vicende a sé stanti, di facile abbordaggio anche per un lettore che ignori quel che è stato raccontato in precedenza. S ...more
David Sarkies
Well, there are only two other commentaries on this book and neither of them give one any reason to actually go an read this book (or the entire trilogy to be precise). Okay, one does say that it is enjoyable if you like high fantasy, however I must admit that I am somewhat past that stage of my life, and though I may still, and probably will, read more fantasy, I am not in any rush to go out and do so.
It seems that this book is about a prophecy that, when fulfilled, will pretty much solve all
Grianne
Ruth
Jonathan Wylie is actually the pen name of Mark and Julia Smith who also write as Julia Clay. British authors. Published in 1988, this is the 3rd book in the Servants of Ark series. Now out of print, the heroine Yve needs to vanquish evil by following the words of an age old prophecy "A child, mage-born, and marked for flight, /Shall add her voice but utter naught. /Daughter of time, her fate foretold, /Must heed the words of ages past." Enjoyable read if you like High Fantasy (which I do)
Althea Ann
The last in the Servants of Ark trilogy, this book, again, takes place a generation after the previous one. We meet Yve, an exceptional female wizard, and her familiar, a dragon who only halfway exists in this world. The characters and situations that the book mentions are interesting enough, but the characters never really come to life, and events are repeatedly just left kinda hanging.... Yeah, the world has to be saved, or destroyed, or something, but I just wasn't feeling it.
Myles Harrold
This book had a pretty good ending, but there was no substance to most of the book until the very end. It is never a good sign when you find yourself asking why you are even reading a book half way through the book. I liked the characters and the pace, but I wasn't sure what the direction was.
Jerry Kolarik
Jerry Kolarik marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
matthew odle
matthew odle marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Ink
Ink added it
Oct 10, 2014
Omegasail
Omegasail marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Robert Stepien
Robert Stepien marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Todd
Todd marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Melanie Ihmels
Melanie Ihmels marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Brian
Brian added it
Jul 27, 2014
Spino
Spino marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Jonathan Wylie is the pseudonym of Mark and Julia Smith, a married couple who live and work in Norfolk. Having met while they were both working for a major London publishing house, they sparked each other into creative life, and began writing as a team a few months after setting up home together. They have been writing full time since 1991. The pen-name they have used most recently is Julia Gray, ...more
More about Jonathan Wylie...
Dream-weaver The First Named (Servants of Ark Trilogy, #1) The Center of the Circle Dreams of Stone (The Unbalanced Earth, #1) The Age of Chaos (The Unbalanced Earth, #3)