Start by marking “Sally MacKenzie Bundle: The Naked Earl, The Naked Gentleman, The Naked Marquis, The Naked Baron, The Naked Duke, The Naked Viscount, The Naked King” as Want to Read:
Preview

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  185 ratings  ·  23 reviews
He Took Her By Surprise

When a naked earl climbs through the window into her bedchamber, Lady Elizabeth Runyon does the proper thing: She screams. Loudly. And then. . .well, Lizzie has had enough of being proper. She wishes to be bold. Wanton, even. She won't be commanded to put on her nightgown. Just this once, she will be absolutely daring. . .

He Couldn't Refuse

John Par
Published July 1st 2011 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Sally MacKenzie Bundle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sally MacKenzie Bundle

Maya
Warning: the books are out of order, it's better to read them in order but not necessary.
I was going to write a review for each book, but unfortunately they are much the same story line and do not deserve that much.
The male "hero" was semi-erect to a full hard on the entire book. The female "heroine" goes from "what a great behind" to a never seen a naked man before and I'm still a virgin, which drove me crazy.
I believe 5 of the heroines were almost raped at the end of the book.
The man wanted
Princess
I just finished the whole series and loved every single story. Yes, the books in this set was not in chronological order or was it ordered by publication date but the other reviewers have the order to read correctly so I won't reiterate here. I just want to say what a great deal this box set was. They did not include the two novellas but it was still good. My favorite was the Naked Duke and the Naked Viscount. The most frustrating read was the Naked Gentleman only because the hero and heroine wh ...more
Erika
I feel like I should have known better . . . but the descriptions were alluring enough to give the books a try. I only finished the first (Naked Earl) and started the second before realizing I had better things to do with my time.

The female characters are small children in adult bodies, with very little ability to think clearly or protect themselves. It seems like they mostly stumble around getting raped or nearly raped which they shrug off with only a short period of upset.

The male characters
Tonileg
This is a bundle of seven (7!) books from Ms. Sally MacKenzie which was inexpensive for the kindle.

*The books are NOT in publication order, so I had to use the table of contents to skip around. The correct order is Duke, Baron, Marquis, Earl, Viscount, Gentleman and King.

I would recommend reading in order because then you get to know all the characters whom regularly reappear in the succeeding books. My favorite is the Duke and the Marquis. I love childhood love stories.

The Naked Duke is the adv
Megan
This is a very light, sometimes bawdy, funny series of Regency romances. It comes complete with balls, house parties, garden romps, seductions, innocent maidens, confused bachelors, rogues, villains, eccentric old ladies, husband hunting schemers, spies, servants, the occasional dead body, a mystery or two, good ton, very bad ton, a talking parrot and a monkey. These books need to be read in order (thanks Goodreads!) as some of the characters reappear in later books and references are made to pr ...more
Beverley
A fun series. Not too much difference in plot from one book to the next but I still read the entire bundle.
Lori Green
I haven't finished all the books in the series yet and I might not since they're just too many innocent virgins and innocent peers and all lusting while having contrived reasons not to be together.

I know that giving 4 stars after writing the above makes no sense but the fact is that I love the writer's voice. She's a fun and easy read with a good sense of humor, nice sex writing and just a good writer. Unfortunately 7 books and they all start to blend into each other.

Would I recommend? I would.
Melissa
For goodness sake, why aren't the books in order? When you buy a bundle, you expect the books to be in the order you should read them in. If I hadn't known before hand (from checking Goodreads), I'd have never known that the books shouldn't be read in the order that they are presented to you in the bundle.

That being said, I'm just finishing the Naked Duke (the actual first book) and even though I purchased this bundle, I highly doubt I'll be reading the 2nd in the series. Thankfully I bought th
Mindy
Great series! very funny, love the naked link between the stories!
Angela Estes
I lived every single book in this bundle! They are out of order so make sure you read them in order, they are better that way
Terra
Freebie. I should have known better (I mean, with these titles, how could I think that they might be worthwhile). I got through half of the first book and was VERY unimpressed. Actually, there were way too many nose-scrunching "really?" moments. One intriguing aspect of the book was the topic of impotence in the hero. As much as I would have liked to see where the author took this, I just couldn't get past how distasteful and unappealing the characters were. So...I'm done. Good luck to the Earl ...more
Sabrina
This was a well spent $18! These 7 books gave me a month of pure entertainment. I enjoy MacKenzie's writing style. There is none of the overly dramatic situations and the books are easy to read. Overall, I'm glad I read them. I was very thankful that others had noted the books are NOT in order as that would have been a pain! Once I knew the right order, it was easy to navigate the Table of Contents on my Kindle. I do hope MacKenzie continues this series with the remaining characters that don't h ...more
Deborah Sullivan
If you get the Nook bundle it is hard to understand why the books aren't in publication order. The first book that comes up is the Naked Earl, which is number 4. And since Nook takes you to the furthest read point, reading them in order seems more trouble than it's worth.

But it is an enjoyable series of mostly light reading with some serious subjects interjected. Lots of sex, but unlike many of the super erotic stuff I hate, the sex is sexy, not prurient, and usually has a point in advancing th
Yolanda
I got this bundle cause it was cheap. I should of saved my money. all the books read the same and I didn't finish them all. I lost interest after the 2nd book. not sure what all the great reviews were about.
I adored the naked series because the heroes all have problems that take time to solve. These guys aren't your typical rakes and rouges of the regency romance. There is a sense of playfulness in the writing and yes, it isn't terribly period but the women are strong.
Jody
Great hilarious reads. Having trouble decided order to read. My usual sight says one thing, the nook books come in another order and I did not see anything where the author would suggest an order, until the next to last story.
Suzi
if I had one complaint it would be that the books were not put together in order so I had to bounce around with in the book. Other than that they were of course great historical romances
Lori
This series cracked me up. I really enjoy english stories. I also really loved how this series went through the different ranks and related to eachother. It is really a jewel of a series :)
Deb
I love a trashy regency romance, and these are paragons of the genre. I read all 7 in 4 days while expending exactly zero brain cells. Love it.
Julie
I am so happy I purchased this bundle!! What funny, entertaining reads. just enough romance and spinster aunts to make it interesting!
Lindalee
These books should have been placed in order. Would have made reading easier.
Phlebslee
Love this series! It's great light, quick romantic comedies.
Sonia
Love this whole series. Very funny and romantic. And hot!
josie Felton
josie Felton is currently reading it
Apr 06, 2015
Lino Natoli
Lino Natoli marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
B
B added it
Mar 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • In the Garden of Disgrace (Garden, #3)
  • More Than a Mistress (Rakes in Disgrace, #2)
  • The Warlord's Bride (King John,  #4)
  • Whispers on the Wind
  • Scoundrel's Kiss (Medieval, #2)
  • Mistress by Marriage (Courtesan Court, #3)
  • From London With Love (Lady Spies, #1)
  • The Dark Earl
  • Curricle & Chaise
  • A Gentleman Never Tells (The Rogues' Dynasty #4)
  • The Notorious Lord (Bluestocking Brides, #1)
  • For the Earl's Pleasure
  • Distracting the Duchess
  • Duke of Deception
  • Once a Rake
  • The English Witch (Trevelyan Family, #2)
  • One Night Of Scandal (Fairleigh Sisters, #2)
  • Soldier of Fortune (Rakes and Rogues of the Restoration, #2 )
Sally MacKenzie decided to become a writer in grade school when she read one of her stories to the class. Her classmates laughed and she was hooked. She sat down immediately to pen her first novel.

Well, not exactly.

The hooked part is right--cursed might be a better description--but the sitting down and writing part came later. Much later.

Sally eventually went on to college, majoring in English, a
More about Sally MacKenzie...
The Naked Duke (Naked Nobility, #1) Bedding Lord Ned (Duchess of Love, #1) The Duchess of Love (Duchess of Love, #0.5) The Naked Marquis (Naked Nobility, #3) The Naked Earl (Naked Nobility, #4)

“Lady Beatrice grunted and turned to Emma. “Here is your escort, dear.” She shook the elderly man’s arm and shouted in his ear, “This is Miss Peterson, Mr. Maxwell. You’ll be taking her in to dinner.” “What? Thinner?” Mr. Maxwell was so bent over, his face was only inches above Emma’s bosom. “Sacrilege! Don’t take an ounce off ’em, my dear.” Emma stepped back before a bit of drool hit her bodice.” 0 likes
“my pleasure.” “Thank you, but no.” Mags frowned and looked as if she might take offense. He didn’t want to insult his new ally, but he was not at all interested in her generous offer. How could he—of course. He was betrothed now—he would hide behind Lady Anne’s lovely skirts. “My fiancée would not approve.” Mags’s frown turned immediately into a shout of laughter. “That’s rich—the King of Hearts is to be a hen-pecked husband!” “You’ve found me out.” He took the opportunity to step” 0 likes