Start by marking “Hollywood Confessions (Hollywood Headlines, #3)” as Want to Read:
Hollywood Confessions (Hollywood Headlines, #3)

Hollywood Confessions (Hollywood Headlines #3)

3.77  ·  Rating Details  ·  983 Ratings  ·  41 Reviews
Allie Quick has high aspirations - much higher than reporting on the latest celebrity gossip for the L.A. Informer, Hollywood's most notorious tabloid. But if she's going to join the ranks of the real reporters, she's going to need a headline worthy story under her belt. Which is just what she gets when the producer of the trashiest reality shows on TV winds up murdered, a ...more
ebook
Published May 25th 2011 (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Hollywood Confessions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hollywood Confessions

Lizz
Feb 06, 2012 Lizz rated it it was ok
Gah. If one could do so, I'd have given this 2.5 stars. The book itself was fine, but I could not like Allie! She was a pain in everyone's tush in the first two books, and I found it really hard to switch gears to her being the heroine. I just couldn't make the jump from all of her annoying traits in the first two books suddenly becoming her endearing traits. I see from looking at other reviews that I'm in the minority here, but that's okay. All in all this was a cute, easy series.
Melissa
Feb 04, 2012 Melissa rated it it was amazing
This book was witty, hilarious, cute, and mysterious and action-packed all at once.

Allie Quick is a reporter for the Informer - a tabloid, but desperately wants to be a big-time reporter for the LA Times - but they don't think she has what it takes to for the job, mostly because she's a woman. When her boss, Felix, assigns her a story of the mysterious murder of Chester Barker, a huge Hollywood producer, she's thrilled to be working on a legit article. Tina, one of her co-workers, is furious, a
Dani
Sep 06, 2013 Dani rated it really liked it
I adore just about everything that Gemma Halliday has put out! Therefore it is no surprise that I enjoyed this story. Halliday creates amazingly real, flawed, and loveable characters. I absolutely love that the characters in this story overlap with the high heels mystery series! Getting to see glimpses of Maddie and Marco are wonderfully fun and help keep the story lines between books clear. Allie is an interesting character, though I wish that throughout the book she took more of a stand agains ...more
Jeanette montgomery
Aug 20, 2014 Jeanette montgomery rated it liked it
I liked the book but really struggled with the main character allie, in the first two books she was really horrible and found it really hard to change my opinion of her.

I liked all the other characters in the book and was an ok story.
Morgan
Sep 29, 2015 Morgan rated it really liked it
The only reason this gets 4 instead of 5 stars is because I really don't like Allie Quick as a character...she is annoying and I felt like the Allie from this book derivates from the Allie in the High Heels series.
Kaijsa
May 06, 2014 Kaijsa rated it it was ok
The least enjoyable of the trilogy. I couldn't connect to Allie, the character who caused problems for Tina and Cam in the first two books and who made stupid choices right and left. Also still annoyed at the Go-Go's/Bangles mix up.
Gizzard
May 09, 2014 Gizzard rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
Fluffy little mystery. This was the third in the series and was much less silly than the second book. Pretty good for free!
Heather
Sep 14, 2013 Heather rated it really liked it
Cute and fluffy, definitely some parallels between it and Stephanie Plum books.

Imagine Ryan Seacrest being the mogul of reality TV in charge of American Idol/Dancing With the Stars, The Bachelor and Jon & Kate Plus 8. Imagine someone kills him and all the people on his shows are suspects.

You'll be able to draw parallels between the cast of the aforementioned shows and the characters in the book.

Apparently this is part of a series, I'm interested in the first 2 now. As long as you don't appro
Melissa
Jul 27, 2015 Melissa rated it liked it
A fun read; cozy readers should really like it. I should have, but did not, guess "who dun it".
Tami
Feb 14, 2012 Tami rated it liked it
One blurb on Amazon states that fans of Janet Evanovich will love it - and well they should, because it's Stephanie Plum does Valley Girl. It's got too many vulgar words, redundant phrases and cliches; but not enough originality. A "little person" in the story - check, Stephanie's done it. Car issues - check, Stephanie again. Empty cupboards, extra layers of mascara - check and check, done and done. The clues seem to come awfully easy, as does access to Hollywood film studios, so it's difficult ...more
Robyn Mantas
Feb 07, 2014 Robyn Mantas rated it it was amazing
Cute story!!! Similar to Janet Evanovich books though.
Elaine
Oct 22, 2012 Elaine rated it it was amazing
I know now who should play Felix if you ever decide to have a movie/TV show. Callum Blue. OMG he would be PERFECT!!!!!!!! I love him. And I love how you have him come back in another series and I am hoping that there will be more Hollywood series. These are great. I love that you had Marco involved too. I am still trying to think who would be the best Marco in both the Highheels stories as well. Thank you Gemma for all your stories and all your leads to other indy authors. Hugs and kisses from o ...more
Rachel
Apr 26, 2012 Rachel rated it liked it
I went into this book thinking that I wasn't really going to like it because Allie, our main character, was super annoying in the other two books and the thought of her starring in her own book was not all that thrilling. It was slightly better than I thought though. She became slightly less annoying as the book went on but she's still not my favorite. The mystery and the story made up for her annoyingness.
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
Dec 15, 2013 Kristine (A Cozy Booknook) rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013, cozy-mystery
This was a fun. and quick read. This is the third in the Hollywood Headlines series that can be read as a stand alone but would be better to have read the previous two in series to get the full background on the characters. The main character of Allie was not one of my favorite's from the previous books however, I grew to like her. I would recommend this series and other works by this author.
Karen
Oct 17, 2011 Karen rated it really liked it
These are fun, silly mysteries. Like the other Hollywood mystery I read, this has some "behind the scenes" knowledge of Hollywood that I find funny. And I liked the crossover, but different main character from the other one I read. Very quick reading.
Julie Levenhagen
It's funny, I didn't expect to like the Hollywood Headlines mysteries as much as her High Heels mysteries- but the kindle copy was such a steal I got them anyways. I'm glad I did! I loved all 3 books in the series.
Kristin
Sep 27, 2011 Kristin rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, comedy, series
This wasn't my favorite, but I loved getting more Felix. I hope she writes more of them. I like how she puts real life stuff in her books that she talks about on her blog, like the sprinkler scene.
Cari
Sep 08, 2011 Cari rated it really liked it
I love Gemma Halliday! Great ending to the series. I'm so glad I have my Nook so that I was able to purchase the book for download. I can't wait till her new book comes out.
Stephanie
Aug 30, 2013 Stephanie rated it liked it
The book was good. Not Gemma's best. Still not a fan of Allie's. if it would have been any other character I may have liked it more. Still a fan of Maddie and Tina!
Trisha Gagnon
Feb 16, 2013 Trisha Gagnon rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-mystery
I liked the first book in this series the best. Unfortunately, the first book made me dislike the main character in this book. So I didn't care for it as much.
~Leslie~
Jun 23, 2012 ~Leslie~ rated it it was ok
I think my IQ went down several points after reading this. Writing not bad, amusing story and characters. But how do you make working for a tabloid okay. Yuck!
Christine
Mar 17, 2012 Christine rated it liked it
A recommended read. Our heroine is trying to work her way up to the major tabloids but is hired for her looks by a fourth rate tabloid. Mystery ensues.
Liat Gat
Sep 23, 2012 Liat Gat rated it really liked it
4 stars only because I knew exactly what kind of book this was when I started it. This is not high art, but these books are addicting.
Kimberly
Jul 25, 2011 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cosy-mystery
Wish she would clean up the language. There is not much, but it is not necessary. Other than that, I love these books.
Brooke
Feb 25, 2013 Brooke rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
fun, quick read. enjoyed light mystery but felt like the love triangle was too quickly/easily resolved.
Renee
Aug 15, 2012 Renee rated it liked it
I have loved all of her books, but I already disliked this character so it was difficult to enjoy the story
Beth
Jan 19, 2013 Beth rated it liked it
Sometimes I just need to read a mindless piece of literary fluff. This mystery-rom-com fit the bill.
Edna
Jan 30, 2012 Edna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-freebies
3.5..NOt my favorite of the series but still loads of fun. Can't wait for another one.
Sara L.
Sep 18, 2012 Sara L. rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this series & hope there are more to come!
Stacy
Fun book. Not my favorite in the series but still fun.
  • Citizen Insane (Barbara Marr Murder Mystery #2)
  • Fashion, Lies, and Murder (Amber Fox, #1)
  • Scoop
  • Stardom Can Be Murder (A Charlie Parker Mystery #12)
  • Ghost Stories: Four Chilling Tales from Beyond
  • Getting Away is Deadly (A Mom Zone Mystery, #3)
  • Command Indecision (Lexi Graves Mystery, #3)
  • One O'Clock Jump: A Dorie Lennox Mystery
  • Restore My Heart (Mustang Sally Trilogy #1)
  • I, Spy? (Sophie Green Mystery, #1)
  • Jinxed (Friends and Lovers Trilogy, #1)
  • Anchors Aweigh (Calamity Jayne, #6)
  • Kill the Competition
  • Manifesting Mr. Right
  • Seeing Trouble (Deadwood Shorts, #1)
  • The Last Page
  • Antiques Maul (A Trash 'n' Treasures Mystery, #2)
  • The Case of the Flashing Fashion Queen (Dix Dodd Mystery, #1)
119376
Gemma had a hard time figuring out what she wanted to be when she grew up. She worked as a film and television actress, a teddy bear importer, a department store administrator, a preschool teacher, a temporary tattoo artist, and a 900 number psychic, before finally selling her first book, Spying in High Heels, in 2005 and deciding to be a writer.

Since then, Gemma has written several mystery novels
More about Gemma Halliday...

Hollywood Headlines (3 books)
  • Hollywood Scandals (Hollywood Headlines, #1)
  • Hollywood Secrets (Hollywood Headlines, #2)