Start by marking “Her Best Friend's Wedding” as Want to Read:
Her Best Friend's Wedding

Her Best Friend's Wedding (More Than Friends #6)

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  227 ratings  ·  25 reviews
When did Sadie Beecham get those curves? She'd always been the geek next door, his baby sister Meg's brainy best friend. Smart, sure. But hot? He never would have imagined it..."before." Now, Trey Kincaid's imagining all sorts of things. And none of them has to do with Sadie's gifted mind.A mind, he discovers, she's clearly lost. Because she thinks she's in love with Meg's...more
Published June 1st 2011 by Harlequin Special Releases (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Her Best Friend's Wedding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Best Friend's Wedding

seton
I read this because of my weakness for the falling-for-the-sister's-BFF trope.

This is a well-written book. Excellent characterizations that went deeper than what I would normally find in a category romance. Good humor that doesn't come across as forced. I liked the realistic depictions of family and family ties. However . . .

I can understand why this novel has a so-so rating here on GR. I feel (almost) guilty that I am not rating this higher but ultimately there was too much focus on the secon...more
Saly
Normally I really enjoy books by Abby Gaines but ugghh this one I seriously disliked and it was a pain reading it, I just wanted to kick all the characters. Trey, Sadie, Meg, Daniel everyone.

Honestly, Sadie just seemed pathetic to me, the way she made eyes at Daniel. Trey was unremarkable and Meg irresponsible. Sadie sees Daniel first and instead of telling Meg she likes him she lets them date and then thinks it will be over soon and I will pick up the pieces. What great friends these two are. T...more
Vanessa
Veena .
i went on to pick up this book reading the synopsis at the rear side, like everyone else does. the story line seemed to be really catchy. thought i would give it a try.

the story revolves around a girl called sadie who is exceptionally intelligent. she has been socially outcast because of her geek status ever since school. but she doesn't mind it except when she doesn't get a partner to dance with in the town. she finds her best friend in Meg. her school time buddy. Meg is bang opposite in natur...more
Purvika
Synopsis

When did Sadie Beecham get those curves? She'd always been the geek next door, his baby sister Meg's brainy best friend. Smart, sure. But hot? He never would have imagined it before. Now, Trey Kincaid's imagining all sorts of things. And none of them has to do with Sadie's gifted mind.
A mind, he discovers, she's clearly lost. Because she thinks she's in love with Meg's fiancé. And that's an obsession he's determined to put an end to - one way or the other......

My review....

I liked Sadie....more
Angel Cullen
2.5 stars ...
Because it was kind of a cute book ... But for me there was serious issues with the writing style sometimes, I felt the book had potentials and could've been better

I liked Sadie, I mean she's fun, she's sassy and other than her being hang up over Daniel she was a great character

I hated Meg, well more like her personality at first ... She seemed so selfish and like she really only cared about herself ... But at the end I just felt indifferent towards her.

And Daniel!!! He confused th...more
Sara Mitchell
This was a cute little read about Trey and his sister's best friend Sadie. Sadie is genius who never found someone who fit well with her until she meets Daniel. She thinks she's in love with him and can't wait to introduce him to her best friend. But of course Daniel falls in love with the best friend and only looks at Sadie as a friend. I thought Sadie came off a little pathetic and immature in her pursuit of Daniel. I thought was a great character, he added humor and fun to the story. I wish S...more
Joanna
It is true that you might find characters in this book somewhat irritating, but I think this is what real people are like, what they do, how they behave.
Nobody is perfect and jealousy is pretty common feeling. Not very noble, but real.
I don't mind the lack of a realism in books (particularly in romances) and honestly I don't look for a realism, but somehow in this book to find a bit of imperfection of the real world was curiously refreshing so I got over my initial irritation and ended up liking...more
Tasmia
The cheesy title hides a surprisingly solid book. The heroine was sometimes hard to like, but Gaines shows us how she ticks and it becomes easy to empathize with her (ie the heroine). The hero's issues are similarly well-handled - and I wasn't expecting that conversation near the end that sort of turns around everything we're meant to feel sorry about for him. The plot with the best friend has more depth than I'd thought, and somehow by the end Gaines has me believing in that romance too. A vivi...more
Olivia Kuzma
i dont read much. but i loved this book and couldnt put it down. i read it in a week. then lent it to friends.
Katy
I'm usually a sucker for cute reads like this, but this one just didn't do it for me. I thought the pot had potential, but the storyline was just awful.

I didn't really like Sadie's or Trey's character, even though I really wanted to. Sadie was a nutcase, and Trey's a jerk - which was the premise of the book, but their characters weren't written successfully. And they lacked chemistry to me. I'm sure they had chemistry, but I felt the writing lacked in portraying that chemistry.

I really wanted to...more
Christine
The two stories in this book reminded me too much of Emily Giffin's "Something Borrowed" which I was not overly excited about.
The four characters (brother, sister, sister's best friend, best friend's crush) really annoyed me. For individuals who were supposed to be intelligent, responsible, educated, etc., as well as not being adults(ages ranged between 29 and 31/32), they really acted childish and immature.
I really wanted to like the book more, but the characters' personalities kind of ruined...more
Patriciaw
I'm only halfway through, and I've never been much of a fan of the movie, My Best Friend's Wedding with Julia Roberts, but this book is laugh out loud funny. I love the twists that Abby Gaines put on the stories, twists that make her characters so much more sympathetic than those in the film.

UPDATE: I loved this book. The ending felt a little rushed, but overall, the story was a fun, fun read.
Rebyj
This was such a fun read. Sadie and Trey and the surrounding families were a hoot. Abby Gaines as usual gives us well rounded characters that are not too perfect. If I can read a book and remember the hero/heroine's name then I know it was a good book. I remember the secondary and side character's names from this book so it was a really enjoyable read. I also loved the cover of the book.
Marj
loved the characters from the very start. i like that this book talks about having flaws and that there’s no such thing as a perfect relationship. there should be give and take and love is not always enough. you also need commitment to make it work.
Cornélia
uuuum that's weird... it's 2:55 am I check my book and realise that this one is not on my read-list... I was so sure I had marked it... anyway

that was nice but if i remember correctly I never connected to the characters.
Jennifer Shirk
This was a fun book. I thought it was really different the way the author used different points of view for scenes too. Will definitely read another book by this author!
Tracie
A cute and fun read. Not perfect but I enjoyed it. The writing was touching. I could relate to Sadie. The ending was a bit rushed.
N.u.m.b S.S
ما أذكر ني ضحكت بهالشكل خلال قراءتي لأي رواية .. حس فكاهة غير طبيعي .. المشاعر طبيعية لدرجة تمس قلبك بكل بساطة .. و القصة حلوة
Lyn
Love this book.

I'm a sucker for a guy/girl next door romance type of stories.

Harlequin Books
Ashley
Ashley added it
Sep 22, 2014
Mariad
Mariad marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Rhonda Faye
Rhonda Faye marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
  • Ruthless Greek Boss, Secretary Mistress
  • Beauty and the Greek
  • The Matchmaker Bride
  • The Wedding Date
  • Make Your Move (Harlequin Blaze, #542)
  • Once Touched, Never Forgotten (Harlequin Presents #3034)
  • Scandal: Unclaimed Love-Child
  • Raffaele: Taming His Tempestuous Virgin (Orisini Brothers, #1)
  • His Wife for One Night
  • Blackmailed Bride, Inexperienced Wife (Innocent Wives #3)
  • Sensible Housekeeper, Scandalously Pregnant (Presents Extra)
  • With This Fling
  • Ms. Match (Harlequin Blaze, #424)
  • Hired: The Sheikh's Secretary Mistress (Royal Brides, #8)
  • The Spanish Duke's Virgin Bride (Harlequin Presents, #2679)
  • Simply The Best
  • Powerful Italian, Penniless Housekeeper
  • Stand-In Wife
I write funny, tender romance novels for Harlequin Superromance and Love Inspired Historical.

My next book to be released is That New York Minute, out in April 2012.

I like to set aside some of my writing time for experimental projects - I'm currently trying my hand at a humorous women's fiction novel, and I also finished a Young Adult manuscript.

To find read excerpts of my books or to find out mo...more
More about Abby Gaines...
Married by Mistake The Earl's Mistaken Bride (The Parson's Daughters, #1) The Groom Came Back The Governess and Mr. Granville (The Parson's Daughters, #2) Back on Track (Harlequin NASCAR, #8)