Push Pull (Wolf Town, #2)

Push Pull (Wolf Town #2)

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  451 ratings  ·  45 reviews

Cut and run, or stand and fight…the heart knows where to draw the line.

Wolf Town, Book 2

Despite living together in Wolf Town for three months, Scott Lund and Rory MacIntyre share only one piece of common ground. Love. For Rory, life is all about connection—family, his pack, home. But for Scott, connections spell danger—for himself and everyone he cares about.

The bottom

Published (first published May 5th 2011)

With Caution by J.L. LangleyChange of Heart by Mary CalmesWithout Reservations by J.L. LangleyDuck! by Kim DareTrusted Bond by Mary Calmes
Best Gay Shifters
236th out of 651 books — 897 voters
9th Life by Wendy BeckWithout Reservations by J.L. LangleyThe Forgotten by Wendy BeckWith Caution by J.L. LangleyWith Love by J.L. Langley
Yummy Weres
22nd out of 48 books — 31 voters

More lists with this book...

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions

i liked it but it was a lot like the first one, Scott still is not over his issue so most of the book is just talking or internal debating

I do want to read the next one though since it is about a new couple that was intriguing during this book
Yvonne
I liked reading about Rory and Scott but this was way too short. There was a big build up to a confrontation with an old enemy of Scott's. It was handled fairly quickly and then the story ended quickly after that. I have the next one to read in the series but that one won't cover this couple. I felt that more could have been expanded upon.
Mandi Schreiner
Push Pull starts a few months after Wolf Town ends. Scott is still leery of his place in Wolf Town, feeling more like a burden to Rory and his family. He tries to make up for feeling out of place by doing a ton of chores and trying to make everyone happy – but he is failing at making himself happy. He is opening up more to Rory, and their new relationship is coming along. Scott has taken a job as the mailman, and just when he does, he starts getting threatening postcards. They are sent by Garret...more
MandyM
I'm a big fan of Joely Skye's shifter stories. This is the sequel to one of my faves, Wolf Town. The plot is really a vehicle to move Scott to a place where he accepts Rory's love and finally commits to trusting the wolves and staying in Wolftown for good. It works really well on that level but I wanted more. The tenderness between Rory and Scott is heartwarming. Other familiar characters appear. Angus the Alpha (who got his m/f HEA in Anchor), Jancis, Iain and Teo. Events in the book seem to be...more
Melissa
I started tthis book as soon as i finished tthe other, and it kept me so caught up in the action i didn't put down until I had close my eyes and I finished it as soon as I could upon waking.

It is three months later in Chis and Rory's relationship and Chris knows that soon he will have to leave because the Minders watching are getting closer and he doesn't want to put this town of wolves in danger. But before he can go he gets something so mundane as the flu, wolves don't sick so this sends Rory...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

Joely Skye has written an excellent addition to Wolf Town with Push Pull. These loveable yet flawed men are three months into the future from where Wolf Town left off and Scott’s fear and the need to protect Rory has him fighting a losing battle with himself. How can you leave the one person you love most in the world? That is Scott’s constant struggle.

I love these two characters; they both fight to for one another and yet are blissf...more
Sadonna
This is a continuation of the story of Rory and Scott who get together in Wolf Town. In book 2, Rory and Scott have settled into a comfortable life together. Then Scott begins getting communications from a corrupt Minder that he had lived with when he was a teenager - having been abandoned by his family. Garrett threatens to kill Rory if Scott doesn't meet him and do whatever Garrett wants. Rory and Angus (the pack alpha and Rory's father) find out even though Scott is plotting to leave Wolf Tow...more
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.5*

This one picks up right after the first book ends and near the end the events overlap into the third book.
I liked this one, I guess my main issue is what is Scott's deal? we know he has issues and it was hinted at with whatever Trey told Rory in the first book, and the fact that Scott still doesn't want to have full penetration, but I am missing all his history. I just sort of have to guess at most of it. I actually like that their is no 'magic penis' and love heals all the trauma, but it's...more
Deanna
This is a little story continuing with the characters of Wolf Town. We learn more about their relationship development. These are flawed but heart warming characters. Not a sexy hat book, but a book about love, understanding and communication. Their is continuing danger for Scott and Rory might be in danger also. Scott does not want to be the reason Rory is hurt so considers leaving Wolf Town. Rory's safety is most important to Scott, but Rory wants a permanent relationship. Does Rory really kno...more
Tex
A worthwhile continuation of our couple's story together. Overall this was a great addition to the first Wolf Town book, with a good amount of steamy bits.

However I was still left wanting more by the end of this short book. The conflict caused by the rogue Minder who is interfering with the protagonists' happy life just sort of plods along pleasantly, and never really stretches the tension to any great degree.

The author definitely got me rooting for the characters though, and I really enjoyed t...more
Antonella
I wanted to see how the relationship started in ''Wolf Town'' would develop, but I was disappointed: three months in Wolf Town were not enough to give Scott a bit more security or ease, he is exactly as insecure as before, there is no character development. For the rest the writing simplistic, with repetitions and everything spelled out, there are moment of sappiness, and IMO the ending is quite abrupt (the third part of the trilogy won't follow these two anymore, as far as I understood).
I'm sor...more
MBJ
this was a good short one but I felt that some things were missing. though we know Rory's story, all we know about Scott's past is that he lived with Garrett and that he helped the people Garrett and his group of minders tried to control...nothing about his family, his relationship with Garrett or why he isn't comfortable with sex. The first book was about Scott and Rory finding each other so I expected the second one to be about them finding out more about each other.
Other than that I really li...more
clear skies
When the sequel was incredibly pointless; and when authors should stop before it fails dramatically. Rory is being overbearing and Scott is being a wimp. The Big Bad Villain was hardly that and overall it was such a bore I'm surprised I even finished it.
Mari Evers
Gods, Scott is still angsting and waffling back and forth, and I couldn't even finish it. I guess they never got me hooked in the first book, but I picked this up since they're rather short stories.

I love shifter stories, but these were not for me.
Eva
I liked the book, but it was a bit short to fully get into the story.
Also, in the three months he was there Scott could have made the effort to get to know the wolves better and maybe avoid the whole I'll be leaving for the greater good thing.
Meggie
This second part was great conclusion for Scott and Rory story. I liked it, even if I have to say that I did miss some good hot sex, but hey the story was enjoyable and writing style, too. And all emotions were true, nice.
Karen K
I actually liked this book better than the first one, maybe it was the tiny touch of domestic bliss or the funny family involvement in the "cold" incident. I still really like both MCs but I wish it had been longer.
Finn Marlowe
Really short read - only went to 74% on my Kindle, so that was somewhat disappointing, and the story lacked any of the feeling of the first one.
Jerry
A continuation of Wolf Town. Good story, good characters too short. Would love for all the Wolf Town stories to be put into one novel length book.
Kristy Maitz
I don't understand why lot of times we have 2 short books which are underdeveloped comparison to one solid book with start and ending.
Maya
3.5, I didn't appreciate the abrupt ending. One minute it was a tender moment and the next THE END.
C is for **censored**

The star rating given reflects my opinion within ‘the official goodreads rating system’.

1 star: Didn’t Like it
2 stars: It’s Okay
3 stars: Liked it
4 stars: Really Liked it
5 stars: It Was Amazing

I don’t really give a rat-fuck that there are some who think I ‘owe’ an explanation for my opinion. Nope, nada, and not sorry about it.

Sometimes I may add notes to explain what my opinions are based on, and sometimes I don’t. I do this for me, on my books, in my library and I don’t ‘owe’ any special snowfla...more
Jen
It was okay. Short, though.
Jillian
Jillian marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Kagome
Kagome added it
Jun 25, 2014
Pixie
Pixie marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
  • Lone Wolf
  • Broken Memories (In the Shadow of the Wolf, #2)
  • Talon and the Falconer (Symbiotic Mates, #3)
  • Unsettled Interlude (Hidden Wolves, #1.15)
  • Trammel (Foundations of Magic #2)
  • The Given & The Taken (Tooth and Claw, #1)
  • Snakeskin Boots (Were Menagerie, #1)
  • Riding the Wolf
  • Midnight in Berlin
  • Eclipse of the Heart (Eclipse, #1)
  • Wolf's Survival
  • Surviving the Change
  • Hunter's Moon (Moon, #2)
  • Claiming Ciaran (Outcasts, #2)
  • Scent of a Wolf
  • Beneath the Neon Moon
  • The Love He Squirreled Away (Mate or Meal, #3)
  • Ulrich (Highland Wolves, #1)
Joely Skye has written for more years than she can remember. Her latest writing passion is romance and shapeshifters. She lives with her husband and two children in Canada.

To learn more about Joely Skye, please visit www.joelyskye.com or her Yahoo Group.

She also writes as Jorrie Spencer (www.jorriespencer.com).

More about Joely Skye...
Marked (Northern Shifters, #1) Feral (Northern Shifters, #2) Lynx (Northern Shifters, #3) Wolf Town (Wolf Town, #1) Moon Run (Wolf Town, #3)