Start by marking “The Demon's Mistress (Three Heroes, #1) (Company of Rogues, #6)” as Want to Read:
The Demon's Mistress (Three Heroes, #1) (Company of Rogues, #6)

The Demon's Mistress (Three Heroes, #1) (Three Heroes #1)

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  194 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Lord Vendeiman has returned from war to find his estate bankrupt and his father dead. When wealthy widow Maria Celestin offers to hire him to pose as her fiancé, he agrees, but forbidden passion ignites between them. Dare he reach for happiness? But what will happen when Vandeiman learns the truth about the woman he has come to love?
ebook
Published June 28th 2011 by Penguin Group (first published May 25th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Demon's Mistress (Three Heroes, #1), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Demon's Mistress (Three Heroes, #1)

Victoria Vane
There were a few plot issues I had to overlook. The main one being the heroine inviting the hero to live with her after only two days acquaintance. Even engaged I can't see how this could ever have been acceptable during the Regency, BUT in the end I truly enjoyed this story and will look forward to reading others in this series.
Stephanie Bolen
It was interesting and unusual for a Regency dealing with the aftermath of the war, but there were so many issues from fertility to age difference that the falling in love part got left behind like a romantic montage on a romance movie.
Nancy Crayton
Although it's very short compared to other stories in the anthology, Three Heroes, I love the characters and the basis of the story. This is definitely one of my favorites!
Emily
I couldn't handle another page. It's quite short, easy to read but hard for me to take in.

I cannot handle reading a woman in her 30s talking about romance (not the sweet stuff, I'm telling you) for a man a lot younger than she is.

Out of all men she could choose from, it had to be someone younger than her!

I can't help but wonder whether this is just the author's fantasy of her own. X_X
Julia
An interesting and more complex relationship between the two main characters although somewhat fanciful.
Dangermousie
I am normally not big on novellas, but my one regret with this one was that I wish it was longer because I loved the characters too much to let go - the pragmatic heroine and the wounded (but awesome) hero are totally incredible together.
Cary
THis was quite short (less than 100 pages) but sweet. A woman who doesn't want to fall in love with a younger man (8 years) and an younger man who does fall in love with an older woman.
Pily-buu Cisneros
Cortito pero bueno, no se que prejuicio se tenga a que la mujer sea mayor que el hombre, el amor es amor sea cual sea la edad, no existe un criterio que separe el amor por edades
Thais Gisele
It has a good storyline. However, despite the good premise, the story was too short. It lacked a further development of the plot and characters.
Mary Lauer
Van is an amazing tortured hero and Maria is a surprising match to heal him, but ohmigod do they work together!! And the sex is so HOT!
Mary Lauer
I like this story. Jo Beverely doesn't gloss over the wounds of war (which aren't always physical). Goo pairing.
Lyuda
Very good story: short and sweet with gentle handling of age difference between hero and older heroine.
Brenda
Short and hot!
Jana Kolouchová
Jana Kolouchová marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Chrisanne Penn
Chrisanne Penn marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Pam
Pam added it
Oct 04, 2014
Cj
Cj marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Bridget
Bridget marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Sebina~☆~ClassicMaiden
Sebina~☆~ClassicMaiden marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Yese Arevalo
Yese Arevalo marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
  • Irresistible (Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, #3)
  • When It's Perfect
  • His Lordship's Mistress
  • Lady Gallant (European Renaissance Duo, #1) (Ladies, #1)
  • Flirting with Ruin (Castonbury Park 0.5)
  • The Best Intentions (Country House Party, #2)
  • Isabella (Trevelyan Family, #1)
  • Lord Ruin
  • Devil's Bargain
  • The Companion (Companion, #1)
  • Silk and Secrets (Silk Trilogy, #2)
  • A Woman Scorned (Lorimer Family & Clan Cameron #2)
  • Libby's London Merchant (Nesbitt, #1)
  • His Jilted Bride (Banks Brothers Bride, #3)
Mary Josephine Dunn was born 22 September 1947 in Lancashire, England, UK. At the age of eleven she went to an all-girls boarding school, Layton Hill Convent, Blackpool. At sixteen, she wrote her first romance, with a medieval setting, completed in installments in an exercise book. From 1966 to 1970, she obtained a degree in English history from Keele University in Staffordshire, where she met her...more
More about Jo Beverley...
My Lady Notorious (Malloren, #1) An Arranged Marriage (Company of Rogues, #1) An Unwilling Bride (Company of Rogues, #2) Devilish (Malloren, #5) Something Wicked (Malloren, #3)