Start by marking “City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments: Graphic Novel, Part 1)” as Want to Read:
City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments: Graphic Novel, Part 1)

City of Bones (City of Bones: Graphic Novel PART 1)

4.41 of 5 stars 4.41  ·  rating details  ·  1,497 ratings  ·  37 reviews
The Part 1 of 9

Th3rd World's adaptation of Cassandra Clare's New York Times best-selling novel, The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones. Set in modern day New York, the Mortal Instruments series centers on the "Shadowhunters," human-angel hybrids that hunt down demons while also keeping peace between the warlocks, vampires, werewolves, faeries and other mythical creatures wh
Digital, 56 pages
Published September 26th 2012 by Th3rd World Studios

To ask other readers questions about City of Bones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about City of Bones

Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadUnravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
YA Novels of 2013
159th out of 1,523 books — 10,304 voters
Clockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareVampire Academy by Richelle MeadMaximum Ride, Vol. 1 by James PattersonTwilight by Young Kim
Novels to Graphic Novels/Manga Adaptations
23rd out of 102 books — 93 voters

More lists with this book...

Soumi
Feb 02, 2012 Soumi marked it as to-read
Now, how is it?? Comment Comment Comment

Anita
Nov 05, 2011 Anita marked it as to-read
I doubt that anyone on GoodReads actually cares about my opinion but the Internet allows me to write something anyway.
I don't know if I want to read this book. In some ways it would be cool, but under the same ideology (right word?) as the movie, I don't want to have my "image" of Clary and Jace (and all the others) ruined. I want to see them how I see them. Yet I cannot help but be curious about how this will turn out. I mean, it might even be (God forbid I say this) good.
Charlotte
Two things to say:
1. What is with this trend of making graphic novels out of books that just really need to be left alone to fester. (Not saying that about TMI. /COUGH/hushhushtwilight/COUGH/
2. Who the hell are those people on the cover, because they certainly aren't my Clary and Jace. Honestly, they look like Steve Irwin and whatever the heck his wife is named.
Whitney
ISSUE ONE: /happy sigh. I love the art in this. <3 First issue was awesome!~

ISSUE TWO: Ughhhh. <3 I can't stand the one month wait for this...JUST RELEASE THE WHOLE GRAPHIC NOVEL JEEZ. I continue to love the art and how hot Jace is in this. <3
Alison
Jul 14, 2012 Alison marked it as to-read
*Edit*
May 7th 2013 is the official release date! I hope it's the full novel and not just one part.

------
Is this ever going to come out?
Sandee (The Whimsical Reader)
I soooo want to have it now! When will its release be?
Nay Denise
I liked the artwork in this graphic novel. This is my first graphic novel ever so I was pretty impressed. Compared to the movie and the book it definitely does get straight to the point with the important scenes.

Not much else to say, but great work :)
Yonaily
¿¡Qué demonios acabo de leer?!

Soy una gran fanática de The Mortal Instruments y todo lo relacionado con Shadowhunters. Esos libros me gustan mucho, y siempre van a tener un lugar especial en mi corazón. Aún no me canso de ellos. Entiendo perfectamente que esto sea un negocio. No todos los autores escriben libros por amor al arte y a la literatura. Hemos visto muchas veces cómo algunos autores decidieron continuar sagas y trilogías que se daban por acabadas para hacer más dinero. Creo que el auto
Joy (Cheery♡Reads)
Love the series but am not a fan of the style of drawing.
Wendy
Nov 18, 2012 Wendy marked it as to-read
Here I was all angry that the COB graphic novel was only going to be a digital release, that is until I came across this: http://books.simonandschuster.com/Cit...

Looks like it'll be published by S&S in hardcover/paperback format next year. It seems they are aiming to release it around the same time the movie is set to hit theatres (August 2013). Good news for me considering I LOVE graphic novels and equally adore The Mortal Instruments series =D
dick gansey
Mar 20, 2013 dick gansey marked it as to-read
Why does Jace look so weird?
Jocelyn
Sep 26, 2012 Jocelyn marked it as never-read
The real question is: why is there a trend of turning YA novels (and ASOIAF) into graphic novels? Are illustrators hoping this will make people look at other, better graphic novels (like Watchmen, Batman: Year One, etc.)? I feel like the people who will read these will only read the comic version of their beloved YA series and those of us who genuinely enjoy graphic novels as a medium will continue to read the plentiful graphic novels out there.
Yomarly
it was quite a disappointment.
Evie
OK, so this was quite a disappointment. Mainly because of the art. I much prefer the drawing style in the House of Night graphic novels, this just had a very basic, Scooby Doo feel to it. It was still fun to read and I imagine fans of the series will want to add these graphic novels to their collections, but I think I'll pass on the rest of these. At least for now.
Janarah
Dec 09, 2013 Janarah marked it as to-read
omg, There's a graphic novel on this?! I'm excited to read this one.

Graphic novels are awesome because they really do follow the book as much as they possible. I've only read two books that became graphic novels, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho and Twilight by Stephenie Meyer and so far I haven't been disappointed. So I'm guessing this one won't be a disappointment as well.
Marco
It's nice/recommended for TMI fans.
Anna
I was fun to read, I really enjoyed this graphic novel. Read it after I finished City of Bones and it just halped me refresh some images in my head and make a story even more visual. I think you should check this out as quick and easy companion read.
Lex (Fastidious Reader)
WHAT?! That's it?! Only 20 something pages?! And it stopped in the scene where there's an attack in Clary's house. WTF. >:(

Too short! Will there be a next volume or something? I wonder. Sigh.
Ozana
Who likes graphic novels made by the book it's a read for fans only. Not for me. Drawing are lousy and it's just informative but it may push you away from a book if you didn't read it.
Perla333
Защо така са окепазили Джейс? Защо?! А Клеари са я състарили...Това са единствените ми забележки. Комикса следва книгата и то много. Може след време да го добавя към личната си библиотека.
Bella Carstairs
Alucinante!!!un grandioso trabajo de adaptación al cómic de la novela que tanto nos hace soñar y sufrir a partes iguales.
Ansiosa por tener el siguiente vol.
Ojalá lo saquen en papel.
Brielle
Actual rating: 3.5
Not bad.
Chris Bernard
I can't wait til this comes in full hardcover/paperback.
Nicole does amazing work and she makes the people in the book look like they should :)
Mc Manalo
HA!!! I don't know how to comment/review on a Comic book. I already know what happened on the actual book. **grinning**

@gleekidMC
Iris
It was cool to see Jace and Clary drawn versus in my mind. The graphic novel ended way to quickly but I guess that's how they work.
Krys
I read the first 8 pages in a sampler sent from the publisher. Not impressed with the art. It makes the story seem less cool.
Hunter"killer" Timmons
Artwork: 5 out of 5
Story: .5 out of 5

2 stars was being generous.

It's pretty to look at, but not worth trying to read.
Tamar
LOVE the graphic novel! Very well done--brings the series to life in a visual way.
Orla
I actually prefer this to the actual book.
  • Frostbite: The Graphic Novel (Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel, #2)
  • Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush: The Graphic Novel, #1)
  • Iron King #1 (The Iron Fey Manga, #1)
  • House of Night #3 (House of Night: The Graphic Novel, #3)
  • Blue Bloods: The Graphic Novel
  • Vampire Kisses: Graveyard Games, Volume 1
  • New Moon: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1 (Twilight: The Graphic Novel, #3)
  • Sanctuary (Wicked Lovely: Desert Tales, #1)
  • New Moon: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 2 (Twilight: The Graphic Novel, #4)
  • The Mortal Instruments Companion: City of Bones, Shadowhunters, and the Sight: The Unauthorized Guide
  • The Sea of Monsters: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2)
  • Spidersilk
  • The Dark-Hunters: Infinity, Vol. 2 (Chronicles of Nick Manga #2)
  • Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: Circus of the Damned, Volume 1: The Charmer
Hello Goodreadsers. Here's my official bio:

More about Cassandra Clare...
City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4)

“That's why when major badasses greet each other in movies, they don't say anything, they just nod. The nod means, 'I am a badass, and I recongnize that you too, are a badass,' but they don't say anything because they're Wolverine and Magneto and it would mess up their vibe to explain.” 11 likes
“To love is to destroy. To be loved is to be the one destroyed.” 6 likes