Start by marking “City of Bones (City of Bones: Graphic Novel #1)” as Want to Read:
City of Bones (City of Bones: Graphic Novel #1)

City of Bones (City of Bones: Graphic Novel PART 1)

4.39  ·  Rating Details ·  2,048 Ratings  ·  57 Reviews
The Part 1 of 9

Th3rd World's adaptation of Cassandra Clare's New York Times best-selling novel, The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones. Set in modern day New York, the Mortal Instruments series centers on the "Shadowhunters," human-angel hybrids that hunt down demons while also keeping peace between the warlocks, vampires, werewolves, faeries and other mythical creatures wh
Digital, 56 pages
Published September 26th 2012 by Th3rd World Studios (first published 2007)

Anita
Nov 05, 2011 Anita marked it as to-read
I doubt that anyone on GoodReads actually cares about my opinion but the Internet allows me to write something anyway.
I don't know if I want to read this book. In some ways it would be cool, but under the same ideology (right word?) as the movie, I don't want to have my "image" of Clary and Jace (and all the others) ruined. I want to see them how I see them. Yet I cannot help but be curious about how this will turn out. I mean, it might even be (God forbid I say this) good.
Soumi
Dec 26, 2011 Soumi marked it as to-read
Now, how is it?? Comment Comment Comment

Charlotte
Two things to say:
1. What is with this trend of making graphic novels out of books that just really need to be left alone to fester. (Not saying that about TMI. /COUGH/hushhushtwilight/COUGH/
2. Who the hell are those people on the cover, because they certainly aren't my Clary and Jace. Honestly, they look like Steve Irwin and whatever the heck his wife is named.
Yonaily
¿¡Qué demonios acabo de leer?!

Soy una gran fanática de The Mortal Instruments y todo lo relacionado con Shadowhunters. Esos libros me gustan mucho, y siempre van a tener un lugar especial en mi corazón. Aún no me canso de ellos. Entiendo perfectamente que esto sea un negocio. No todos los autores escriben libros por amor al arte y a la literatura. Hemos visto muchas veces cómo algunos autores decidieron continuar sagas y trilogías que se daban por acabadas para hacer más dinero. Creo que el auto
Whitney
ISSUE ONE: /happy sigh. I love the art in this. <3 First issue was awesome!~

ISSUE TWO: Ughhhh. <3 I can't stand the one month wait for this...JUST RELEASE THE WHOLE GRAPHIC NOVEL JEEZ. I continue to love the art and how hot Jace is in this. <3
Sophie Riggsby / allthingsequilateral
I finally took the time to read this and my review? It was just okay. The illustrations worked, but the story felt really condensed. And some of the demons were, well, not exactly what I pictured when I read it.
Wendy
Nov 18, 2012 Wendy marked it as to-read
Here I was all angry that the COB graphic novel was only going to be a digital release, that is until I came across this: http://books.simonandschuster.com/Cit...

Looks like it'll be published by S&S in hardcover/paperback format next year. It seems they are aiming to release it around the same time the movie is set to hit theatres (August 2013). Good news for me considering I LOVE graphic novels and equally adore The Mortal Instruments series =D
Nay Denise
Feb 09, 2014 Nay Denise rated it it was amazing
I liked the artwork in this graphic novel. This is my first graphic novel ever so I was pretty impressed. Compared to the movie and the book it definitely does get straight to the point with the important scenes.

Not much else to say, but great work :)
Joy (Cheery♡Reads)
Love the series but am not a fan of the style of drawing.
Evelyn Swift (Featherbrained Books)
The artwork in this graphic novel is stunning! I really like the style and much like the movie/book it contains a bit of info-dumping. I wish they had adapted this for people who are already familiar with the story though and kept the plot moving.

Besides that, like most graphic novels this is short but it is kind of ridiculously short considering it is a continuous story from one novel. For example The Walking Dead Vol. 1 "Days Gone Bye" is 144 pages. Yes, you can buy it per "episode" which is
Martin Pingree
May 03, 2015 Martin Pingree rated it it was amazing
This was a very good read. Very entertaining with a different take on supernatural season. I highly recommend it.
Alex (Lexie)
WHAT?! That's it?! Only 20 something pages?! And it stopped in the scene where there's an attack in Clary's house. WTF. >:(

Too short! Will there be a next volume or something? I wonder. Sigh.
Kati Patterson
This book was about a girl named Clary and her adventure to find out what happen to her mother. The book started off with her going to a party and following some suspicious people into a back room, but she is the only one who can see them. The next day, she goes out with her friend when she gets a call from her mother to stay away from the house. All of a sudden, one of the people only she can see. The boy's name is Jace, and apparently he is a shadow hunter (somebody who kills demons). Jace tri ...more
Elena
Jul 04, 2016 Elena rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All those readers than want emotion in their lifes
Recommended to Elena by: A friend of mine....
Shelves: tmi
Danii Martinez Espinoza
Jan 21, 2015 Danii Martinez Espinoza rated it it was amazing
Me gusto muchisisissimo este libro esta lleno de fantasia , accion y muchas cosas mas que me encantaron.
En lo personal cuando lo leei senti que estaba vivivendo lo del libro es muy chido (jejeje) pero tiene ese aspecto que me encanta incluyendo demonios , angeles, cazadores de sombras , brujos, hombres-lobo, vampiros y un buen de subterraneos , me encantaron los personajes uno de mis personajes favoritos fue Alec siento un tipo de conexion con el o que somos con gustos iguales y manera de ser ,
Kathy
Apr 28, 2015 Kathy rated it it was ok
Fairly entertaining. Unfortunately there's so many stories in this genre now, it's hard for me to say how this story stands out above the others like it with magic, magical beings, a super-villian with evil underlings and a fanaticism about purity of his magical race, and a teenage protagonist who doesn't know her true calling (sound familiar, Harry Potter?). Clary, the heroine, was reasonably appealing, and intelligent, if dense about her feelings and relationships. I felt that the story was a ...more
Jocelyn
Sep 26, 2012 Jocelyn marked it as never-read
The real question is: why is there a trend of turning YA novels (and ASOIAF) into graphic novels? Are illustrators hoping this will make people look at other, better graphic novels (like Watchmen, Batman: Year One, etc.)? I feel like the people who will read these will only read the comic version of their beloved YA series and those of us who genuinely enjoy graphic novels as a medium will continue to read the plentiful graphic novels out there.
Shalimna
Daniel Chavez
This book has a lot of action, adventure, and drama. I love this book because it has so many fictional beings. There are vampires and werewolves and faeries. The book starts off as the normal life of a teenage girl, but it all goes wrong when she runs into a murder. But the murder isn't a normal murder, its a vampire murder. She immediately falls in love with the killer. Then she starts seeing things that her mother has tried to stop her from seeing. Then her mom is kidnapped.
Janarah
Dec 09, 2013 Janarah marked it as to-read
omg, There's a graphic novel on this?! I'm excited to read this one.

Graphic novels are awesome because they really do follow the book as much as they possible. I've only read two books that became graphic novels, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho and Twilight by Stephenie Meyer and so far I haven't been disappointed. So I'm guessing this one won't be a disappointment as well.
Evie
Jan 01, 2014 Evie rated it liked it
OK, so this was quite a disappointment. Mainly because of the art. I much prefer the drawing style in the House of Night graphic novels, this just had a very basic, Scooby Doo feel to it. It was still fun to read and I imagine fans of the series will want to add these graphic novels to their collections, but I think I'll pass on the rest of these. At least for now.
Harriet
Apr 14, 2015 Harriet rated it really liked it
A beautifully written book. It was exciting and fun to read. A great YA storyline which incorporated monsters, demons and magic in a way which was grown up and captured the reader.
However a disappointing ending leaves me questioning whether to read the series.
Anna
Aug 09, 2013 Anna rated it really liked it
I was fun to read, I really enjoyed this graphic novel. Read it after I finished City of Bones and it just halped me refresh some images in my head and make a story even more visual. I think you should check this out as quick and easy companion read.
Alice
Oct 06, 2011 Hunter"killer" Timmons rated it it was ok
Shelves: worst-ever
Artwork: 5 out of 5
Story: .5 out of 5

2 stars was being generous.

It's pretty to look at, but not worth trying to read.
Chris Bernard
Jun 25, 2013 Chris Bernard rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novel
I can't wait til this comes in full hardcover/paperback.
Nicole does amazing work and she makes the people in the book look like they should :)
Brielle
Jan 01, 2014 Brielle rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic
Actual rating: 3.5
Not bad.
Bruce Mico
It's cool B)
  • Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush: The Graphic Novel, #1)
  • Frostbite: The Graphic Novel (Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel, #2)
  • Blue Bloods: The Graphic Novel
  • Iron King #1 (The Iron Fey Manga, #1)
  • House of Night #5 (House of Night: The Graphic Novel, #5)
  • Vampire Kisses: Graveyard Games, Volume 1
  • New Moon: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1 (Twilight: The Graphic Novel, #3)
  • The Mortal Instruments Companion: City of Bones, Shadowhunters, and the Sight: The Unauthorized Guide
  • Beautiful Creatures: The Manga
  • Spidersilk
  • Spell of Desire, Vol. 2
  • Sanctuary (Wicked Lovely: Desert Tales, #1)
  • Gossip Girl: The Manga, Vol. 1 (Gossip Girl: For Your Eyes Only, #1)
  • The Dark-Hunters, Vol. 1 (Dark-Hunter Manga, #1)
Hello Goodreadsers. Here's my official bio:

More about Cassandra Clare...

City of Bones: Graphic Novel (7 books)
  • City of Bones (City of Bones: Graphic Novel #2)
  • City of Bones (City of Bones: Graphic Novel #3)
  • City of Bones (City of Bones: Graphic Novel #4)
  • City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments: Graphic Novel, Part 5)
  • City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments: Graphic Novel, Part 6)
  • City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments: Graphic Novel, Part 7)