Start by marking “City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments: Graphic Novel, Part 1)” as Want to Read:
City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments: Graphic Novel, Part 1)

City of Bones (City of Bones: Graphic Novel PART 1)

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  2,466 ratings  ·  82 reviews
The Part 1 of 9

Th3rd World's adaptation of Cassandra Clare's New York Times best-selling novel, The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones. Set in modern day New York, the Mortal Instruments series centers on the "Shadowhunters," human-angel hybrids that hunt down demons while also keeping peace between the warlocks, vampires, werewolves, faeries and other mythical creatures wh
Digital, 56 pages
Published September 26th 2012 by Th3rd World Studios

Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadUnravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
YA Novels of 2013
165th out of 1,531 books — 10,658 voters
Clockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareMaximum Ride, Vol. 1 by James PattersonVampire Academy by Richelle MeadBeautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia
Novels to Graphic Novels/Manga Adaptations
19th out of 103 books — 123 voters

More lists with this book...

Anita
Nov 05, 2011 Anita marked it as to-read
I doubt that anyone on GoodReads actually cares about my opinion but the Internet allows me to write something anyway.
I don't know if I want to read this book. In some ways it would be cool, but under the same ideology (right word?) as the movie, I don't want to have my "image" of Clary and Jace (and all the others) ruined. I want to see them how I see them. Yet I cannot help but be curious about how this will turn out. I mean, it might even be (God forbid I say this) good.
Soumi
Feb 02, 2012 Soumi marked it as to-read
Now, how is it?? Comment Comment Comment

Charlotte
Two things to say:
1. What is with this trend of making graphic novels out of books that just really need to be left alone to fester. (Not saying that about TMI. /COUGH/hushhushtwilight/COUGH/
2. Who the hell are those people on the cover, because they certainly aren't my Clary and Jace. Honestly, they look like Steve Irwin and whatever the heck his wife is named.
Yonaily
¿¡Qué demonios acabo de leer?!

Soy una gran fanática de The Mortal Instruments y todo lo relacionado con Shadowhunters. Esos libros me gustan mucho, y siempre van a tener un lugar especial en mi corazón. Aún no me canso de ellos. Entiendo perfectamente que esto sea un negocio. No todos los autores escriben libros por amor al arte y a la literatura. Hemos visto muchas veces cómo algunos autores decidieron continuar sagas y trilogías que se daban por acabadas para hacer más dinero. Creo que el auto
Whitney
ISSUE ONE: /happy sigh. I love the art in this. <3 First issue was awesome!~

ISSUE TWO: Ughhhh. <3 I can't stand the one month wait for this...JUST RELEASE THE WHOLE GRAPHIC NOVEL JEEZ. I continue to love the art and how hot Jace is in this. <3
AriaTheBookNerd
Oct 02, 2011 AriaTheBookNerd marked it as to-read
I soooo want to have it now! When will its release be?
Nay Denise
I liked the artwork in this graphic novel. This is my first graphic novel ever so I was pretty impressed. Compared to the movie and the book it definitely does get straight to the point with the important scenes.

Not much else to say, but great work :)
Sophie Riggsby
I finally took the time to read this and my review? It was just okay. The illustrations worked, but the story felt really condensed. And some of the demons were, well, not exactly what I pictured when I read it.
Lex (Fastidious Reader)
WHAT?! That's it?! Only 20 something pages?! And it stopped in the scene where there's an attack in Clary's house. WTF. >:(

Too short! Will there be a next volume or something? I wonder. Sigh.
dick gansey
Mar 20, 2013 dick gansey marked it as to-read
Why does Jace look so weird?
Martin Pingree
This was a very good read. Very entertaining with a different take on supernatural season. I highly recommend it.
Joy (Cheery♡Reads)
Love the series but am not a fan of the style of drawing.
Wendy (CupcakeQueen)
Nov 18, 2012 Wendy (CupcakeQueen) marked it as to-read
Here I was all angry that the COB graphic novel was only going to be a digital release, that is until I came across this: http://books.simonandschuster.com/Cit...

Looks like it'll be published by S&S in hardcover/paperback format next year. It seems they are aiming to release it around the same time the movie is set to hit theatres (August 2013). Good news for me considering I LOVE graphic novels and equally adore The Mortal Instruments series =D
Kati Patterson
This book was about a girl named Clary and her adventure to find out what happen to her mother. The book started off with her going to a party and following some suspicious people into a back room, but she is the only one who can see them. The next day, she goes out with her friend when she gets a call from her mother to stay away from the house. All of a sudden, one of the people only she can see. The boy's name is Jace, and apparently he is a shadow hunter (somebody who kills demons). Jace tri ...more
Danii Martinez Espinoza
Me gusto muchisisissimo este libro esta lleno de fantasia , accion y muchas cosas mas que me encantaron.
En lo personal cuando lo leei senti que estaba vivivendo lo del libro es muy chido (jejeje) pero tiene ese aspecto que me encanta incluyendo demonios , angeles, cazadores de sombras , brujos, hombres-lobo, vampiros y un buen de subterraneos , me encantaron los personajes uno de mis personajes favoritos fue Alec siento un tipo de conexion con el o que somos con gustos iguales y manera de ser ,
Lucy Farrin
I really enjoy reading the graphic novels for the Mortal instruments, but I struggle to find information on when the next one is due to come out. On Comixology it said issue #5 would come out in January 2013, I keep checking on the site for the this issue but it still hasn't been Released? It's now April?
Ulyana Bilyk
Its a good way to refresh my memory about the first book. I want to continue with the series, but read the first one a long time ago, and kind of forgot what it was about. So thanks. Enjoying it a lot.
Chris Bernard
MAGNUS IS IN IT... Do I need to say more?
Ok, It's amazing and has great art.
Daniel Chavez
This book has a lot of action, adventure, and drama. I love this book because it has so many fictional beings. There are vampires and werewolves and faeries. The book starts off as the normal life of a teenage girl, but it all goes wrong when she runs into a murder. But the murder isn't a normal murder, its a vampire murder. She immediately falls in love with the killer. Then she starts seeing things that her mother has tried to stop her from seeing. Then her mom is kidnapped.
Shalimna
Jules Mcmurray
As the final book of a series I could not put down, I found it extremely hard to get into this book and finish it. The story line was nicely continued from the last book, there was a lot of action and character building.

I felt there was a lot of writing on Emma and Jules, almost a sub story that did not have any relevance to the actual plot of the books. For a book of over 700 pages, I did not find why this was so developed.

Also, the sex scene between Clary and Jace I felt was not necessary and
Harriet
A beautifully written book. It was exciting and fun to read. A great YA storyline which incorporated monsters, demons and magic in a way which was grown up and captured the reader.
However a disappointing ending leaves me questioning whether to read the series.
Kathy
Fairly entertaining. Unfortunately there's so many stories in this genre now, it's hard for me to say how this story stands out above the others like it with magic, magical beings, a super-villian with evil underlings and a fanaticism about purity of his magical race, and a teenage protagonist who doesn't know her true calling (sound familiar, Harry Potter?). Clary, the heroine, was reasonably appealing, and intelligent, if dense about her feelings and relationships. I felt that the story was a ...more
Kate
It was way too short but I completely enjoyed what I read! It was really only around 20 pages and the rest was another story that was completely unrelated. Looks like I'll have to buy the next part.
Sirisha Tata
It was am amazing book..
Do you like the Percy Jackson series??
Do you like adventure???
If your answer is yes..!!!!! Then THIS IS THE BOOK FOR YOU!
Jocelyn
Sep 26, 2012 Jocelyn marked it as never-read
The real question is: why is there a trend of turning YA novels (and ASOIAF) into graphic novels? Are illustrators hoping this will make people look at other, better graphic novels (like Watchmen, Batman: Year One, etc.)? I feel like the people who will read these will only read the comic version of their beloved YA series and those of us who genuinely enjoy graphic novels as a medium will continue to read the plentiful graphic novels out there.
Kelly Pollard
Yikes! Either I'm getting old and out of touch with the teen market.....or this is a semi lame book.
Kate
The old artist came back and I was so glad they did! This one was really good, but I'm not sure if they'll ever release the last two parts of the story which is heartbreaking but I really enjoyed reading the graphic novel adaption of this!
Peach Antonette
soooo amazing this book :)
been in love with clary & jace :)
  • Frostbite: The Graphic Novel (Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel, #2)
  • Blue Bloods: The Graphic Novel
  • Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush: The Graphic Novel, #1)
  • Iron King #1 (The Iron Fey Manga, #1)
  • House of Night #5 (House of Night: The Graphic Novel, #5)
  • New Moon: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1 (Twilight: The Graphic Novel, #3)
  • The Mortal Instruments Companion: City of Bones, Shadowhunters, and the Sight: The Unauthorized Guide
  • Vampire Kisses: Graveyard Games, Volume 1
  • Sanctuary (Wicked Lovely: Desert Tales, #1)
  • The Dark-Hunters, Vol. 1 (Dark-Hunter Manga, #1)
  • The Enemy of Death (Magisterium,  #5)
  • Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: Circus of the Damned, Volume 1: The Charmer
Hello Goodreadsers. Here's my official bio:

More about Cassandra Clare...
City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4)

“Alec dragged the heavy canvas bag out of the back of the van, dropping it on the sidewalk. "Ready to go." He announced. "Lets kick some demon butt!"
Jace looked at him a little oddly. "You alright?”
40 likes
“We have a name," said Jace. "Magnes B-"
"Shut up." Alec hissed, thwacking Jace with his closed menu. Jace looked injured.
"Jesus," he rubbed his arm. "What's your problem?”
31 likes