Start by marking “What's Wrong with My Vegetable Garden?: 100% Organic Solutions for All Your Vegetables, from Artichoke to Zucchini” as Want to Read:

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  34 ratings  ·  6 reviews
More and more home gardeners are discovering the rewards of growing their own vegetables. But along with the pleasures of homegrown produce come a host of problems: bugs, diseases, and mysterious ailments that don't have an obvious cause. What's a gardener to do?

Don't panic — help is at hand. What's Wrong With My Vegetable Garden? teaches you how to keep your vegetables he...more
Published November 29th 2011 by Timber Press

To ask other readers questions about What's Wrong with My Vegetable Garden?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What's Wrong with My Vegetable Garden?

Sara
I checked this out because I hoped it would tell me how to *fix* what was wrong with my vegetable garden. I already know what's wrong with it - my yard is so shady it's practically forest understory.

Unfortunately this book's only advice for "not enough full sun" is "cut down some trees". Sorry, nope. If we cut down the trees we'd have to get air conditioning in the house and that's not worth a few zucchini. (also there would be no more maple syrup and walnuts and pecans!)
Jen
I read most of this. Some of the crop specific pages I skipped over. It inspired me to plant sweet potatoes and melons in the future, as well as a lot of other fun veggies I wish I had space for. Loved the color photos. It gave very specific ideas for adding beneficial pests into the garden as well as different pest solutions from organic to not so organic. I also liked the polyculture advice, which I'm trying, and so far is working this growing season.
Slmstanley
Now I have the answer to the vegetable garden version of 'what fresh hell is this?', fully illustrated with color photographs.

Extremely useful guide, with tips on how to fix what's ailing your garden. Only complaint I have is that it doesn't address growing zones (state-specific guides would be a great future project, Mr. Deardorff, I'm just sayin'.)
Avrelia
What's wrong with my garden is that it's mine. But that book lets me pretend that it's fixable, anyways. I don't think I am going to do anything differently, really, so it's more like a fantasy escapist read, but it's still very reassuring.
Andrea Bleho
I like the A-Z index of veggies and their pest and diseases. I also liked the pics of the problems. The solutions was also informative.
Kathy
Nice book. Gave me some ideas for the garden this year.
R Latimore
R Latimore marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Raven
Raven marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Jasonda
Jasonda marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
Jaye
Jaye marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2013
Pat
Pat marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2013
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
What's Wrong With My Plant? (And How Do I Fix It?): A Visual Guide to Easy Diagnosis and Organic Remedies What's Wrong With My Fruit Garden?: 100% Organic Solutions for Berries, Trees, Nuts, Vines, and Tropicals The New American Landscape: Leading Voices on the Future of Sustainable Gardening