Start by marking “What's Wrong with My Vegetable Garden?: 100% Organic Solutions for All Your Vegetables, from Artichoke to Zucchini” as Want to Read:

3.94  ·  Rating Details  ·  53 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
More and more home gardeners are discovering the rewards of growing their own vegetables. But along with the pleasures of homegrown produce come a host of problems: bugs, diseases, and mysterious ailments that don't have an obvious cause. What's a gardener to do?

Don't panic — help is at hand. What's Wrong With My Vegetable Garden? teaches you how to keep your vegetables he
Published November 29th 2011 by Timber Press

To ask other readers questions about What's Wrong with My Vegetable Garden?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What's Wrong with My Vegetable Garden?

Sally
May 10, 2014 Sally rated it liked it
Shelves: aacpl-books
I checked this out because I hoped it would tell me how to *fix* what was wrong with my vegetable garden. I already know what's wrong with it - my yard is so shady it's practically forest understory.

Unfortunately this book's only advice for "not enough full sun" is "cut down some trees". Sorry, nope. If we cut down the trees we'd have to get air conditioning in the house and that's not worth a few zucchini. (also there would be no more maple syrup and walnuts and pecans!)
Fernleaf
Feb 15, 2016 Fernleaf rated it it was amazing
A fantastic resource for the home gardener, this book makes it easy to narrow down the choices for what could be wrong with your vegetable plants. Obviously not all-inclusive it still manages to cover the most common crop problems and offer good, organic solutions to solving them. With a heavy emphasis on prevention this book opens with a discussion of ways to head off problems before they start with a concise list of things that will help your plants flourish. What follows is a brief photo sect ...more
Beth
Mar 20, 2016 Beth rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Tracy Ellingson
A great start to being able to diagnose the issues in your garden and some tips on how to improve the situation. Most of the problems are divided between water-related, soil-related, temp-related, or light-related. But it gives you a plant by plant example with photos to help see which category your issue falls into.
Jen
Jun 02, 2012 Jen rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, outside
I read most of this. Some of the crop specific pages I skipped over. It inspired me to plant sweet potatoes and melons in the future, as well as a lot of other fun veggies I wish I had space for. Loved the color photos. It gave very specific ideas for adding beneficial pests into the garden as well as different pest solutions from organic to not so organic. I also liked the polyculture advice, which I'm trying, and so far is working this growing season.
Slmstanley
Jan 27, 2012 Slmstanley rated it really liked it
Now I have the answer to the vegetable garden version of 'what fresh hell is this?', fully illustrated with color photographs.

Extremely useful guide, with tips on how to fix what's ailing your garden. Only complaint I have is that it doesn't address growing zones (state-specific guides would be a great future project, Mr. Deardorff, I'm just sayin'.)
Avrelia
Jul 04, 2012 Avrelia rated it really liked it
What's wrong with my garden is that it's mine. But that book lets me pretend that it's fixable, anyways. I don't think I am going to do anything differently, really, so it's more like a fantasy escapist read, but it's still very reassuring.
Andrea Bleho
Jul 25, 2013 Andrea Bleho rated it liked it
I like the A-Z index of veggies and their pest and diseases. I also liked the pics of the problems. The solutions was also informative.
Kathy
Mar 23, 2012 Kathy rated it liked it
Nice book. Gave me some ideas for the garden this year.
Edithandersen
Edithandersen rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2016
Dick
Dick marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2016
Jenn
Jenn is currently reading it
Feb 19, 2016
Angie Schaefer Ellefson
Angie Schaefer Ellefson marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2016
tracy price-jones
tracy price-jones rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2016
Shelley
Shelley marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2016
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2016
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2015
Erin Clements
Erin Clements marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2015
Lony Meyer
Lony Meyer marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2015
Laura Morriss
Laura Morriss is currently reading it
Oct 06, 2015
Ann Keller
Ann Keller rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2015
Daniel Schulte
Daniel Schulte marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2015
Anandi
Anandi marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Al Deichsel
Al Deichsel rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2015
Kathryn Cyriacks
Kathryn Cyriacks rated it did not like it
Jan 11, 2016
Meggan
Meggan rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2015
Jan
Jan marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2015
Susan Hubbard
Susan Hubbard marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2015
Donna
Donna rated it it was ok
May 28, 2015